PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand Pop !

timaios
03-22-2009, 05:58 PM
He played Gooden & Bonner together during 7 min. Where is the defense. Result : -8 and Houston back in the game.

Where is Oberto, he played really well against Minnesota. I like his toughness and his high IQ basketball.

No Bowen in 1st half ???

Mason at PG ???

George Hill playing time : 6'36 ???

Too much system for Tim & Tony. Pop doesn't trust the role players anymore.
Tim & Tony : 17/46.
Rest of the team : 17/36.
Too much pressure on Tim & Tony. Where is the Spurs TEAM basketball ?

Udoka is hot and Pop replace him with Roger Mason in the last 4 min ???
He put him back into the game in the last minute but it was too late.

Pop is a great coach, but i really don't understand him right now.

timvp
03-22-2009, 06:03 PM
where was Gooden in second half? fuck you PopThe Rockets had the same question.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I have no idea why he put Gooden and Bonner together, that was a horrible move..

Bowen should have played WHEN ARTEST WAS HOT..his ball-denial alone would have saved us a lot of points..

Udoka should have been in down the stretch, you can't just waste Ime's effort like that..

anonoftheinternets
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
I have no idea why he put Gooden and Bonner together, that was a horrible move..

Well unlike us, pop likes to test out the combos even tho they look like shit, just to make sure hes not missing out on any diamonds in the rough. If u test out these rotations against crap teams, that doesn't tell you anything. So pop tests out these things, in pressure cooker situations against the best teams, which is the closest he can simulate to a playoff atmosphere. So now, he knows for a fact that gooden + bonner is horrible, although we might have guessed it. But what if they had some ridiculous chemistry. Thats what makes Pop a genius, the willingness to put prejudice aside, and it takes balls to try these combos in a game that was vital to the SW standings.

sammy
03-22-2009, 06:24 PM

Bowen should have played WHEN ARTEST WAS HOT..his ball-denial alone would have saved us a lot of points..

Udoka should have been in down the stretch, you can't just waste Ime's effort like that..

Agreed! I don't understand it myself, that's why I gave Pop an F!:bang

benefactor
03-22-2009, 06:28 PM

The whole situation was just stupid. I trust Pop, but I sure as hell don't know what he is thinking sometimes.

Spur|n|Austin
03-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Where is Oberto, he played really well against Minnesota. I like his toughness and his high IQ basketball.

I thought the same thing.

kace
03-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Pop is a great coach, but i really don't understand him right now.

well, good points.
i usually agree with Pop coaching but lately he has done weird choices.

He played Gooden & Bonner together during 7 min. Where is the defense. Result : -8 and Houston back in the game.

+1

+1. Fab is not a "hype" player; nor a spectacular one. but he knows how to win.

Mason at PG ???

Stop this. in didn't like any SG for PG experience. not with Barry. not with Mason. not even with Manu, who has great ball handling skills though. we have Hill, let's trust the kid.

George Hill playing time : 6'36 ???

Hill is too shy or/and weak on offense right now. that hurts his playing time. but he has shown great things on defense lately.

Too much system for Tim & Tony. Pop doesn't trust the role players anymore.
Tim & Tony : 17/46.
Rest of the team : 17/36.
Too much pressure on Tim & Tony. Where is the Spurs TEAM basketball ?

i agree. Tony is now our main offensive threat and Tim is the franchise player. but the role players are not even a little threat for the opponent. How many times we showed tony being the only one able to do things on offense lately with manu's out and tim hampered.

Udoka was great tonight, but overall, the role players are really too inconsistent on offense.

Udoka is hot and Pop replace him with Roger Mason in the last 4 min ???
He put him back into the game in the last minute but it was too late.

if he wants Mason to be on the court late in the game, he may thinks it's a good idea to trust him even if he has a poor game.

45 bank shot
03-22-2009, 06:33 PM
dun worry, nobody understands him thaz why hez CIA pop

wisnub
03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Well unlike us, pop likes to test out the combos even tho they look like shit, just to make sure hes not missing out on any diamonds in the rough. If u test out these rotations against crap teams, that doesn't tell you anything. So pop tests out these things, in pressure cooker situations against the best teams, which is the closest he can simulate to a playoff atmosphere. So now, he knows for a fact that gooden + bonner is horrible, although we might have guessed it. But what if they had some ridiculous chemistry. Thats what makes Pop a genius, the willingness to put prejudice aside, and it takes balls to try these combos in a game that was vital to the SW standings.

I see your point, i think Pop is the only coach that use that dangerous moves i mean i know he doesnt care about playoff standings at all (or use it as an excuse??) but c'mon...dont you want to gamble when the game is on the line? I hope it will fruit good result in playoffs otherwise Phil Jackson is much better coach than Pop, he will not test chemistry in real games against good team. I see patterns that Pop always take uncontroversial route toward something, it could be a sign of a genius. But when it doesnt work, he will look like a fool. We lost many games because of his experiments, lets see if those experiments lead us to championship coz if not pop is a fucking deepshit

Chubyrama
03-22-2009, 06:57 PM
We can only cross my fingers and hope that Pop will mix all his experimental results to unleash 12 headed-perfect rotation basketball laernean hydra, which will rain fire and brimstone on the Lakers starters, and quench it's thirst in Kobe's tears. I really really think that Pop's decisions are not product of pure stubbornes, but if we can't hold on to the 2 or 3 seed, I think that the possible benefits of experimentation will be canceled out by not having HCA on the second round.

jag
03-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Pop is not CIA. He is a dumbfuck

If you didn't have that AV i wouldn't read your posts.

WalterBenitez
03-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Pop sometimes makes misterious moves, sometimes those experiments works, today it didn't.

Anyhow the worst part was giving the ball to Mason as PG, stupid defense in last 3/4 minutes; not to mention attitude.

Mal
03-22-2009, 07:12 PM
What the hell is Pop doing. He is testing some fucked up tactics, which would cost in taking 7th seed.

Bring Manu back. Stop using Mason as PG. Bench Finley for good. Start using Gooden. Stop Paker taking this shots. Start playing team basketball, with lot of passes, moving and open shots. Give some more love to players having "their night". If someone suck, bench him. Start using Timmy with assist. He can`t create his own shots, because he is hurt !!

Spurs really struggles in offense. Whole game is on Parker. He can`t create no one, expect himself. That making us losing this game.

fotan2
03-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Pop is doing everything on purpose (including the loss) , i believe .

Ditty
03-22-2009, 08:06 PM
pop needs to get a talk from holt

seriously

i thought reggie theus was our coach the way he coached ttoday

WalterBenitez
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Pop is doing everything on purpose (including the loss) , i believe .

Optimism roks :toast

Yuixafun
03-23-2009, 03:03 PM

"But girl... we might have some ridiculous chemistry!"

Yogurt210
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
bout time people start realizing.

Agloco
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Seems more and more like we need to give Pop a breathalizer test before games. Some of the shit he's pulling out there defies all logic.

romain.star
03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
agree. fuck pop

hey, pop fucks you moron

PDXSpursFan
03-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Mason at PG is killing me :bang

Flux451
03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
yeah, I hate it when he speaks pig-latin.

modtxspur
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
I would rather the we lose a game now than going into the playoffs without knowing which combos work. Everytime somebody doubts Pop he dick slaps them with an O'brien trophy. The fakers have the "zen" master...(bater)... We have the WIN master. IN POP I TRUST!!!

NRHector
03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Pop is a momentum and rally killer, we get the lead and sends the bench in and what happens? we lose the lead and know that starters have to catch up, work harder and get more tired, Udoka was hot and what happened? took him out of the game, sometimes I don't understand Pop either:bang

superbigtime
03-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Pop makes it so damn hard for this team to win sometimes. LOTS of times. This team has soooo much to overcome. Injuries, lineup changes, late season acquisitions, the schedule, the media, the fucking refs, the opponents and now the damn head coach's IDIOTIC SUBSTITUTIONS!