PDA

View Full Version : Calling Chip Engelland

GSH
03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
For a couple of weeks, I've noticed Mason coming out of a lot of his shots. (They're too flat, and don't have any rotation to speak of.) I watched some of Parker's shots today that practically looked like knuckleballs. And a few times, Mason didn't get anywhere close to squared up.

If you have the game TIVO'd check out that 3-pointer that Tony took from the corner. (He passed it out one time, and they kicked it back to him, remember? He looked like he didn't want the shot, but they gave him all day to shoot it?) Not only was there very little rotation, but it had a really bad side spin to it. I thought the knuckleballs were due to tired legs, but not that funky-looking thing.

I don't know what the team's practice schedule looks like this time of year, but it looks like those guys need some serious Chip time. I'm not bashing those two guys - there is a reason that teams have shooting coaches. It's just that when you see shots with very little rotation, and side spin, it's time to spend a little time with him.

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 07:11 PM
For a couple of weeks, I've noticed Mason coming out of a lot of his shots. (They're too flat, and don't have any rotation to speak of.) I watched some of Parker's shots today that practically looked like knuckleballs. And a few times, Mason didn't get anywhere close to squared up.

If you have the game TIVO'd check out that 3-pointer that Tony took from the corner. (He passed it out one time, and they kicked it back to him, remember? He looked like he didn't want the shot, but they gave him all day to shoot it?) Not only was there very little rotation, but it had a really bad side spin to it. I thought the knuckleballs were due to tired legs, but not that funky-looking thing.

I don't know what the team's practice schedule looks like this time of year, but it looks like those guys need some serious Chip time. I'm not bashing those two guys - there is a reason that teams have shooting coaches. It's just that when you see shots with very little rotation, and side spin, it's time to spend a little time with him.

:toast

Ditty
03-22-2009, 08:16 PM
pretty everytime i see the spurs practing on tv or something there shooting

there jsut a little off right now

at least it's not the playoffs