PDA

View Full Version : If not G Hill then J Vaughn

redskinfan
03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Mason's offense has been affected big time by his new role of backup PG. We lose leads when Parker goes out now. I dont remember this happening a whole lot when Hill was primary back up. STOP THE INSANITY!:wakeup

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 07:22 PM
It's getting to the point where I don't care if they put JV in. At least he's not prone to turnovers and stupid mistakes. He also knows the Spurs system. Mason has got to go as PG. This experiment is dead in the water. Please Pop no more Mason as PG.

jag
03-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I never thought i'd see the day.

45 bank shot
03-22-2009, 07:35 PM
wake up pop

03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
for the playoffs, i would not be surprised. hill getting the backup pg job in the playoffs was a long shot at best. people who have followed the spurs know popovich's constant conflicts with young players and point guards. hill is both. i strongly suspected popovich always had a plan to replace hill with mason when the playoffs loomed. hill shows no signs that he's better at the backup pg position. now that mason is struggling at the position, vaughn may get the job again.

poop
03-22-2009, 07:50 PM
early in the year when it was Hill starting at PG and mason starting at SG they both seemed to be much more productive than they are now.

objective
03-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I hope that the only reason Pop has Mason play pg instead of Hill is to really condition Hill to the role of playing off the ball for when Manu returns and is not a sign of a lack of faith in Hill running point.

But I doubt it.

Bring on the sloppy turnovers and blocked layups!

redskinfan
03-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Mason should only be used in case of an emergency, too sloppy.