PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica series finale.

RandomGuy
03-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Thoughts?

I personally was a bit disappointed in how some of it was wrapped up, but somehow very deeply moved. It was odd.

All in all, it was a fitting end to one of the best dramatic series in the history of television.

If you didn't like the show, suck my ass, btw. It rocked.

CubanMustGo
03-22-2009, 09:48 PM
I was pretty surprised they got a (relatively) happy ending.

A lot of loose ends to tie up in two hours, so some did, some didn't, and some ?? - I could have done without the very last segment. Leave Adama on his hilltop and fade to black.

I did like the nod to the original series when the original theme music got incorporated into the "ride into the sunset" (heh) scene.

B-Hath
03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
I kinda thought that when Helo got shot and he told Athena to leave him behind that it was gonna be all "Wild Bunch" and absolutely everyone would die. But alas no. The last few episodes were sub-par, but I was highly satisfied at the finale.

Avitus1
03-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Thought the episode was a great close to a fantastic series. I am saddened that I wont be able to watch this show anymore but glad it ended the way it did. I loved the whole episode and loved how they showed robots in our society as possible evil cylons for us to contend with. LoL.

PixelPusher
03-23-2009, 01:30 AM
I thought they wrapped it up as well as could be expected, considering the seat-of-your-pants way in which the show was written from one season to the next.

btw, I :lmao when Cavil yelled "FRAK!" and offed himself.

RandomGuy
03-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Did anyone notice that in the second to last show, when Baltar was at his dad's house and after the nurse had left, Baltar had an emotional monologue. In the middle of it the actor (Bamber?) accidentally replaced one of the "frakking" words with a genuine "fucking".

Had to back up the scene and re-watch it but my wife thought she heard it too.

RandomGuy
03-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Also, I was kind of disappointed that Kara didn't really get to make it.

I kinda wish that character had *some* measure of happiness at the end of her life.

peewee's lovechild
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
I thought it was a fantastic finale.

I was starting to think that I would get Sopranoed all over again, but it turned out to be a great ending.

I was a bit bothered by the whole "faith" bit and talk of angels, but all the rest of what happened made up for that.

peewee's lovechild
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Also, I was kind of disappointed that Kara didn't really get to make it.

I kinda wish that character had *some* measure of happiness at the end of her life.

Impossible.

It turns out that Kara was an angel sent by the power(s) that be.

RandomGuy
03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Impossible.

It turns out that Kara was an angel sent by the power(s) that be.

I thought she was more of a ghost with an unfullfilled mission. If you remember that when Lee asked her where she would go in her final scene she replied "I don't know". More like a ghost not knowing what happens after she crosses over, than an angel who might know.

When Baltar was talking about angels in the Galactica bridge during the standoff, he wasn't looking at Kara, he was looking at the phantom Caprica/Baltar pair, if I remember correctly.

My opinion, though.

RandomGuy
03-23-2009, 10:46 AM
The touch I really liked was the raptor with the dead crew but live nukes in the final cylon colony assault. The thing got "bumped" by a random (HA!) asteroid, and the dead pilot's hand hit the "fire missles" button, sending the final killing barrage at the colony.

The hand of God at work through seeming randomness.

peewee's lovechild
03-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I thought she was more of a ghost with an unfullfilled mission. If you remember that when Lee asked her where she would go in her final scene she replied "I don't know". More like a ghost not knowing what happens after she crosses over, than an angel who might know.

When Baltar was talking about angels in the Galactica bridge during the standoff, he wasn't looking at Kara, he was looking at the phantom Caprica/Baltar pair, if I remember correctly.

My opinion, though.

The underlying theme, especially in the last episodes, was that there was an unseen hand making everything happen.

You also have to remember the prophesies and the temple and what not. The profesies actually came true.

The angels, or agents of this unseen power if you will, were actually there. They reappeared at the end of the finale checking out what had become of humanity 1,500 years later. The Caprica angel (Cylon #6) even mentioned "god" with the Gaius angel saying "it doesn't like to be called that."

Kara disappears when Lee looks away. And, as a matter of fact, when Lee asks her where she will go, she says that she doesn't know only that she knew that her job was done.

peewee's lovechild
03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
The touch I really liked was the raptor with the dead crew but live nukes in the final cylon colony assault. The thing got "bumped" by a random (HA!) asteroid, and the dead pilot's hand hit the "fire missles" button, sending the final killing barrage at the colony.

The hand of God at work through seeming randomness.

I'm not sure I liked that, or the emphasis on "faith" . . . but I have to admit that it all fit together rather well.

It made a point that no matter how programmed or perfected some may want things to be, as was the case with the Cylons led by Calvil, that there are some things quite beyond our control and guided by other forces.