PDA

View Full Version : Book It!

Spursfan092120
03-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Spurs will have the 2 seed by next Friday..book it. Sure, this is a risky thread to start, but I believe in my Spurs. We have games against Golden State, Atlanta, and the Clippers, while Houston only has one game on the road in Utah. Whether or not Houston wins, if the Spurs pull out all 3 of these games, which I believe they will, we will be back on top by a half game.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/lock1.jpg

djohn2oo8
03-22-2009, 09:04 PM
2nd seed, or not, if the rockets do indeed advance past the first round, a spurs/rockets series would be a hell of a series

Spursfan092120
03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
2nd seed, or not, if the rockets do indeed advance past the first round, a spurs/rockets series would be a hell of a series
Abso fucking lutely. I was saying that today. I'd love the rivalry to be back up and rolling again, and a playoff series would be awesome.

honestfool84
03-22-2009, 09:11 PM
and a playoff series would be awesome.

definitely, without a doubt, +2

SenorSpur
03-22-2009, 09:24 PM

Would love to see such a series. It's been a while since these two teams have knocked heads in the playoffs.

Ditty
03-22-2009, 09:49 PM
would love that there the 2nd team that i want the too play if we get to the second round behind the nuggets

spurs in 6 easily

bowen shuts down artest

parker looks like kobe against brooks

and duncan as hakeem makes yao look like robinson in the 1995 wcf finals

djohn2oo8
03-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I still can't believe Lowry blocked gooden

Agloco
03-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Spurs in 5, mebbe 6. Assuming a healthy Manu and a serviceable Duncan.

djohn2oo8
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
You still have to factor in a healthy Carl Landry...Damn thugs

cool hand
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
gMPlX27YPuk

45 bank shot
03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Frankly, i'm kinda worried bout the spurs right now. how many games do we have on the rest of wC playoff teams?
we cant afford to lose no more

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 11:51 PM
I think Manu coming back will help lift the Spurs' energy, spirits and confidence.

I'm not concerned about losing 2nd seed to the Rockets because I know we will take it back. They have a brutal schedule ahead. Frankly, with that difficult schedule, if they win those tough games, then they do deserve to be in second. However, I do not believe they will win those road games against tough western conference opponents.

Spursfan092120
03-23-2009, 12:02 AM
I think Manu coming back will help lift the Spurs' energy, spirits and confidence.

I'm not concerned about losing 2nd seed to the Rockets because I know we will take it back. They have a brutal schedule ahead. Frankly, with that difficult schedule, if they win those tough games, then they do deserve to be in second. However, I do not believe they will win those road games against tough western conference opponents.
:tu

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Spurs just lost to the Thunder recently...I don't think you can pencil any of those games in as wins just yet...

Avitus1
03-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I think they can pull it together and have no doubt that they'll enter the playoffs as #2 in the west.

crc21209
03-23-2009, 01:09 AM
The Spurs will be fine. We have 6 games against teams with winning records, and 7 against teams with losing records. Houston on the other hand has 7 games against teams with winning records, and only 3 against teams with losing records. And Houston has to play 6 of those on the road, and only 4 at home. Our tough games remaining are New Orleans twice, Cavs, Blazers, and Jazz. The Rockets still have Jazz, Lakers, Blazers, Magic, Hornets, and Mavs.

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 01:22 AM
The Spurs will be fine. We have 6 games against teams with winning records, and 7 against teams with losing records. Houston on the other hand has 7 games against teams with winning records, and only 3 against teams with losing records. And Houston has to play 6 of those on the road, and only 4 at home. Our tough games remaining are New Orleans twice, Cavs, Blazers, and Jazz. The Rockets still have Jazz, Lakers, Blazers, Magic, Hornets, and Mavs.

who said the regular season's not exciting?:toast

Ditty
03-23-2009, 01:34 AM

he's a good player but im pretty sure if the rockets have a chance to beat the spurs they need both yao and scola on the floor pretty the whole game

Rogue
03-23-2009, 06:44 AM
you should have shielded landry's shank with your head, our continent would have one less punk to contaminate her if that had happened.

Rogue
03-23-2009, 06:53 AM
I still can't believe Lowry blocked gooden

after beating the spurs short from manu and 40% of duncan's health percentage, the ecstatic rockets fans have already started celebrating their win as if it was not a regular season win but :lobt:.

Rogue
03-23-2009, 06:56 AM
agreed, spurs will definitely kick the red asses of the rockets and send them totally into the hell. not only the spurs, but also any other team will do that as well.

djohn2oo8
03-23-2009, 07:57 AM
you should have shielded landry's shank with your head, our continent would have one less punk to contaminate her if that had happened.

Once you stop masturbatin to every mavs win, grow the fuck up

screw_ston713
03-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Spurs will have the 2 seed by next Friday..book it. Sure, this is a risky thread to start, but I believe in my Spurs. We have games against Golden State, Atlanta, and the Clippers, while Houston only has one game on the road in Utah. Whether or not Houston wins, if the Spurs pull out all 3 of these games, which I believe they will, we will be back on top by a half game. Like i said in another thread Spur fans need to be concerned with the level of spurs play and not so much on who the Rockets are playing and who the spurs are playing. Rockets last four games were against Detroit, Hornets with no Yao, Twolves and Spurs. Rockets won all 4 while Spurs have dropped games to the thunder after leading by 17 at one point, loss to Boston after also leading by atleast 14 early on, then losing to the Rockets after leading by 6 with 3 mins left. Spurs problems are bigger than who is on the schedule.

Spursmania
03-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Like i said in another thread Spur fans need to be concerned with the level of spurs play and not so much on who the Rockets are playing and who the spurs are playing. Rockets last four games were against Detroit, Hornets with no Yao, Twolves and Spurs. Rockets won all 4 while Spurs have dropped games to the thunder after leading by 17 at one point, loss to Boston after also leading by atleast 14 early on, then losing to the Rockets after leading by 6 with 3 mins left. Spurs problems are bigger than who is on the schedule.

Based on your assessment of these 4 regular season games and the importance of them, I guess you can now crown yourselves the 2009 NBA Champions. Congrats...
:toast

mexicanjunior
03-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Spurs will have the 2 seed by next Friday..book it. Sure, this is a risky thread to start, but I believe in my Spurs. We have games against Golden State, Atlanta, and the Clippers, while Houston only has one game on the road in Utah. Whether or not Houston wins, if the Spurs pull out all 3 of these games, which I believe they will, we will be back on top by a half game.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/lock1.jpg

The Spurs will not finish with HCA in any round by the time things are said and done...

screw_ston713
03-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Based on your assessment of these 4 regular season games and the importance of them, I guess you can now crown yourselves the 2009 NBA Champions. Congrats...
:toast My point is Rockets are not sitting back and making excuses for why they are not winning or sitting back and waiting for another team to decide their fate in the standings. Spurs need to figure out why they keep blowing leads, losing close games, losing big games rather its reg season or not. To say none of these games the spurs are losing are not important is rediculus. How many games seperate the 3rd seed from the 8th seed??

Spursmania
03-23-2009, 10:18 AM
My point is Rockets are not sitting back and making excuses for why they are not winning or sitting back and waiting for another team to decide their fate in the standings. Spurs need to figure out why they keep blowing leads, losing close games, losing big games rather its reg season or not. To say none of these games the spurs are losing are not important is rediculus. How many games seperate the 3rd seed from the 8th seed??

If you're saying the Spurs need to excecute and win those games, I think we all agree. However, to assume that these games are of utmost importance is misleading. They are important to honing down the Spurs' execution and close out of games. However, we all know Manu is a big PART of our 4th quarter stretches. I don't think the Spurs can really hone done that close out skill until he gets back and is playing regularly with them again. At this point, Spurs don't have a choice with Manu out, and Tony is getting gassed out with the team's dependence of him. If Manu wasn't coming back, I'd call it a season for the Spurs, but with Manu back in a game or two, these losses may not mean very much. And, if they do, so be it, as Pop states we are more concerned with our Health than the standings.

Lastly, I don't believe the Spurs are making excuses for their losses. If you listen to their interviews, they are very disappointed to have lost those games especially since the last 2 were very winnable at our home court. TP missing FT's (Celtics) and the missed rotation by TD to give Scola room under the basket. As a matter of fact, TD owned up to his mistake in the post game interview.

I guess fans just don't dwell on the regular season losses like other teams do. The Spurs would have liked to win them, but again they are really not must wins. Only playoff games are.

Yuixafun
03-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Man, ATL is young and athletic and still fighting for PO positioning... I see the Spurs possibly losing that one in an ugly fasion.

GS.. they can put points on the board, with the Spurs offensive malaises that could snowball in a hurry.

The Clippers... well that's a gimme right, but teams would love to play spoiler and for the Clips to throw an L on the Spurs after a season of disappointment, it would make them very happy.

Suddenly these games that were thought as pencil inned wins don't look like such easy meat.

Muser
03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
A road loss in atlanta on a b2b would be understandable.

Losses to GS and LAC at home would be terrible.

If the Spurs lose to them then they don't deserve to go far.

Horse
03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I hate the skid, But consider this. We lost 2 games by 3 and 2 points that we controlled and surely should've won. We just could'nt close. So Manu will fix all of this he will make the big shot, the big play, the big steal, And yes he will hit his free throws!

ulosturedge
03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Lets just keep sliding and start this Lakers-Spurs series early!

lefty
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Ok, let's make this really challenging:

Spurs win the 2009 NBA title

BOOK IT

crc21209
03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
The thing that I notice that seperates the Spurs from other teams is that...when the Spurs win a game...let's say on the road with a big defensive stop or a big bucket...they dont go running around the court high-fiving and shit. Now yesterday...the Rockets were celebrating all over our court chest-bumping, high-fiving...Scola mostly. But thats the thing about other teams and the Spurs. We know what it's REALLY about. Regular season games are just warm-ups for us.

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:45 PM
The thing that I notice that seperates the Spurs from other teams is that...when the Spurs win a game...let's say on the road with a big defensive stop or a big bucket...they dont go running around the court high-fiving and shit. Now yesterday...the Rockets were celebrating all over our court chest-bumping, high-fiving...Scola mostly. But thats the thing about other teams and the Spurs. We know what it's REALLY about. Regular season games are just warm-ups for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkCLmEEACZ0

yeah, the Spurs never do that...

crc21209
03-23-2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkCLmEEACZ0

yeah, the Spurs never do that...

That was a buzzer-beating win. Of course people are going to go crazy for a buzzer beater. I'm talking about from 5 to 20 seconds still left and the other team clearly celebrating on your home floor while you just have to sit back and watch them.

Spursmania
03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
That was a buzzer-beating win. Of course people are going to go crazy for a buzzer beater. I'm talking about from 5 to 20 seconds still left and the other team clearly celebrating on your home floor while you just have to sit back and watch them.

You are correct. It's a habit that I love about the Spurs. They expect the wins and don't start the chest bumping crap until the game is really over. ST member Deadly Dynasty was showing an example of a last second buzzer beater which is not at all what you were talking about. Of course, a team is excited at buzzer beaters-come on!

So, I hear you. We don't drool over ourselves at every regular game because we expect to win most of them. But the Spurs have certainly spoiled us fans. We may be doing the chest bumping tactics before too long when Duncan retires and we're thrilled to win some games we don't expect.:toast

Many PackYao
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Ok, let's make this really challenging:

Spurs win the 2009 NBA title

BOOK IT
The Lakers + 3 refs beg to differ.:blah

crc21209
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
You are correct. It's a habit that I love about the Spurs. They expect the wins and don't start the chest bumping crap until the game is really over. ST member Deadly Dynasty was showing an example of a last second buzzer beater which is not at all what you were talking about. Of course, a team is excited at buzzer beaters-come on!

So, I hear you. We don't drool over ourselves at every regular game because we expect to win most of them. But the Spurs have certainly spoiled us fans. We may be doing the chest bumping tactics before too long when Duncan retires and we're thrilled to win some games we don't expect.:toast

Thanks for backin' me up Spursmania. You clearly knew what I meant. :toast Sorry Deadly Dynasty you're outnumbered...:ihit

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump

crc21209
03-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Back where we belong..hopefully to stay this time.

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Back where we belong..hopefully to stay this time.
http://innocentdrinks.typepad.com/dev/images/2007/10/22/fonzie.jpg

Blue Jew
03-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Spurs out round one..........................................BOOK IT!

ezau
03-25-2009, 01:40 AM
If the Spurs meet the Rockets in the playoffs, I'm concerned about our ability to guard Yao. Sure, Thomas can handle him but his length and skill set are just too tough to handle. Yao is definitely the best center in the West right now and in a few year's time, he'll be the best big man in the league. Still, Go Spurs Go