PDA

View Full Version : not even...

vanishing_dude
03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm not even bothered that the spurs lost the second spot..Chill spurs fans.I don't even mind if we end up in the 8th position.I would love to face the lakers even in the first round.I believe we can beat them in a seven game series.lets just rest our stars.we are a diff team come playoff time.trust me.its just the regular season.:flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2::fla g::lobt2::flag::lobt2:

Oh, Gee!!
03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
it's not up to you--you don't get to decide whether the spurs win

brettn
03-22-2009, 09:43 PM
ok, i trust you.

Spursfan092120
03-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm not even bothered that the spurs lost the second spot..Chill spurs fans.I don't even mind if we end up in the 8th position.I would love to face the lakers even in the first round.I believe we can beat them in a seven game series.lets just rest our stars.we are a diff team come playoff time.trust me.its just the regular season.:flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2::fla g::lobt2::flag::lobt2:
I actually agree with this. It'd almost be good to get the Lakers in Round 1, when we aren't completely worn out from the playoffs. Though I would still choose to get the 2 spot.

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 09:48 PM
I'd almost like to see the Lakers first round too. Why don't we sit Tim until the last 4 games or so, tell Tony to take a chill pill and not play him either.

Have Manu come back and he and Gooden and the team will be forced to get to know eachother very well. Screw Mason at the PG position, just tell Hill it's all his.

Why not? I mean, why not play the Lakers first round? We'd probably be as healthy as we're going to get.

Chomag
03-22-2009, 09:49 PM
I still believe in our team, we all know how good our guys are when they go to war.

Man, I just wish we could get some momentum heading into the playoffs though.

Don Quixote
03-22-2009, 09:51 PM

Do you need a doctor to check your temperature, amigo? :lol

Our championship teams ALWAYS came together after Feb, and entered the playoffs with a good amount of momentum. When they hit the playoffs, we knew that they stood a good chance to win the series against whoever.

This year's team is not even close.

Agloco
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Do you need a doctor to check your temperature, amigo? :lol

Our championship teams ALWAYS came together after Feb, and entered the playoffs with a good amount of momentum. When they hit the playoffs, we knew that they stood a good chance to win the series against whoever.

This year's team is not even close.

Injuries are the main culprit. I'm sure Mason and Hill would be much more comfortable if they knew what their roles were going to be ultimately.

At this point I'd rather see JV out there than these half-assed shenanigans from Mason and Hill.

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Injuries are the main culprit. I'm sure Mason and Hill would be much more comfortable if they knew what their roles were going to be ultimately.

At this point I'd rather see JV out there than these half-assed shenanigans from Mason and Hill.

:tu

I agree, I don't think we've ever been this discombobulated at this point. It would be nice if we had, and won a championship that very same year. If anybody can make me feel better and tell me we have gone through this before, please do so...

vanishing_dude
03-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I trust my team..Thats my point..I still believe in our system!!

45 bank shot
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM

I'll try my best to believe that

Don Quixote
03-22-2009, 10:52 PM

Maybe that's true. Whatever the reason ... it's not happening this year. Our championship teams were usually kicking butt by this time of the season. And in tight ones they were making the big plays when they mattered. Even teams that didn't win it (e.g., the 1995 team, my favorite of all time) were faceplanting the opposition with regularity by late March.

Allanon
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I know today was a tough loss and you guys are upset and all but "loving to face" the Lakers in the first round is suicide. Especially with Manu just coming off injury and the Spurs still working out the backup PG spot.

spursparker9
03-22-2009, 11:09 PM
this season is not looking promising...

Agloco
03-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Maybe that's true. Whatever the reason ... it's not happening this year. Our championship teams were usually kicking butt by this time of the season. And in tight ones they were making the big plays when they mattered. Even teams that didn't win it (e.g., the 1995 team, my favorite of all time) were faceplanting the opposition with regularity by late March.

You're absolutely right. I think the most disturbing thing about this situation is not the injuries, but Pop himself. He just seems lost on some nights. It's as if he doesn't really know who's going to be in his regular rotation come playoff time. Hell, I have yet to see a regular rotation...... I guess that bothers me the most.

21_Blessings
03-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Spurs best shot was last season when the Lakers were still acclimating Gasol. This season? They look like garbage.

The window is officially shut.