PDA

View Full Version : Our last three losses....

SpursDynasty
03-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Our last three losses are absolutely not a big deal. With an average margin of 2.5 points a game, the Spurs have been playing well enough lately to win games. The Thunder, Celtics, and Rockets just made their shots and we didn't. What is the big deal about that in the regular season? Anyone can win on any given night in the regular season. I can assure you that the Spurs won't be giving up cheap wins to sub-par teams such as Houston and OKC (if they ever were in) in the playoffs. A couple of free throws in the Boston game, and slightly better clock management in the Houston game, and playing better defense on Durant in the OKC game we could be a 48-21 team right now with no bickering about losing the #2 seed....it's just a matter of making your shots. The Spurs can make their shots in the playoffs.

This thread isn't meant to trash talk or get personal with anyone, all I'm saying is most teams that beat us don't do anything impressive, they just get their shots to go down. What if those shots don't go down?

timvp
03-22-2009, 11:17 PM
:lol SpursDynasty can be hilarious when he puts the effort.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I agree with SpursDynasty, everyone is acting like the wheels are falling off. Lets just say we won those games by one point or two, we would all be admiring how great we are and how we are ready to take it to everyone in the playoffs. It is just a few bounces of the ball that did not go our way. Big deal. Move on and refocus.

tlongII
03-22-2009, 11:23 PM
I just wish I knew who's troll SD is...

Morg1411
03-22-2009, 11:29 PM
I agree with SpursDynasty, everyone is acting like the wheels are falling off. Lets just say we won those games by one point or two, we would all be admiring how great we are and how we are ready to take it to everyone in the playoffs. It is just a few bounces of the ball that did not go our way. Big deal. Move on and refocus.

:toast

SpursDynasty
03-22-2009, 11:31 PM

No trolling here....just simply stating that this is a game where anyone's shot can go down in the regular season. Take the Blazers for instance, they have no business making the majority of the shots they make. But, it being the regular season, sometimes their shots just happen to go down. Doesn't make them talented or good, it just means the shots are falling. At 44-26, convert that into playoff numbers and this team is most likely getting swept in the first round.

DPG21920
03-22-2009, 11:32 PM
:lol SpursDynasty can be hilarious when he puts the effort.

Timvp, it is not cool to troll around and then pimp your own troll so nobody knows. That is like kissing a girl and telling your friends you went "all the way".

LA24
03-22-2009, 11:36 PM
they just get their shots to go down.
Good teams do that.

What if those shots don't go down?
Then you lost to a team who's better at getting those shots to go down.

E20
03-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Our last three losses are absolutely not a big deal. With an average margin of 2.5 points a game, the Spurs have been playing well enough lately to win games. The Thunder, Celtics, and Rockets just made their shots and we didn't. What is the big deal about that in the regular season? Anyone can win on any given night in the regular season. I can assure you that the Spurs won't be giving up cheap wins to sub-par teams such as Houston and OKC (if they ever were in) in the playoffs. A couple of free throws in the Boston game, and slightly better clock management in the Houston game, and playing better defense on Durant in the OKC game we could be a 48-21 team right now with no bickering about losing the #2 seed....it's just a matter of making your shots. The Spurs can make their shots in the playoffs.

This thread isn't meant to trash talk or get personal with anyone, all I'm saying is most teams that beat us don't do anything impressive, they just get their shots to go down. What if those shots don't go down?

Preach it. :music

Purple & Gold
03-22-2009, 11:43 PM
spurs just missing the shots they're supposed to miss....

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Kobe just raping the girls he was supposed to rape
Lakers just choking in the Finals a 28 point lead they were supposed to choke

Purple & Gold
03-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Lakers just being the Team of the Decade like they're supposed to be...... AGAIN

Spursfan092120
03-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Whose troll are you?

Spurs 4 The Win
03-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Lakers just being the Team of the Decade like they're supposed to be...... AGAIN

This decade...
Spurs NBA Champs: 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007 1+1+1+1=4
Lakers NBA Champs: 2000, 2001, 2002 1+1+1=3
4 > 3
I think that four championships :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:is greater than three championships :lobt::lobt::lobt:. So I guess that would make the SPURS the team of the Decade!:flag: You might want to check my math though, retard!

Purple & Gold
03-23-2009, 12:09 AM
You might wanna figure out what Team of the Decade means :lmao :lmao

Spurs 4 The Win
03-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Last time I checked the decade would be 99-09 as of now! You complete retard! In a year you might be able to pull that one but until then. . . We are the team of the decade.

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Last time I checked the decade would be 99-09 as of now! You complete retard! In a year you might be able to pull that one but until then. . . We are the team of the decade.

1999-2009 is 11 years you fucktard...go ahead, count it out:rolleyes

Purple & Gold
03-23-2009, 12:16 AM
It goes 80's, 90's, 00's, etc. That's the way Team of the Decade works

Spurs 4 The Win
03-23-2009, 12:17 AM
1999-2009 is 11 years you fucktard...go ahead, count it out

This season has not concluded, you retard! Last time I checked there have been ten championships given since 99! Go ahead count it out!:flag:

Purple & Gold
03-23-2009, 12:20 AM
This season has not concluded, you retard! Last time I checked there have been ten championships given since 99! Go ahead count it out!:flag:

Not team of the last 10 years. When have you ever heard that used in sports? Get a clue MAN.......

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:22 AM

and this season is part of THIS DECADE...you're not very good at this so bear with me while I teach you.

1980-1989=decade aka "The 80's"
1990-1999= "The 90's"
2000-2009= new decade.

Do you see the pattern? Let me know if you need further help...

Spurs 4 The Win
03-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Since you know that you are beaten you make up some crap on the fly! Decade= 10 years! In fact I heard them talking about it in January on one of the halftime shows to answer your question, you idiot!

ploto
03-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Losing close games is good?

Purple & Gold
03-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Since you know that you are beaten you make up some crap on the fly! Decade= 10 years! In fact I heard them talking about it in January on one of the halftime shows to answer your question, you idiot!

:lol @ you

Purple & Gold
03-23-2009, 12:26 AM

youtube or it didn't happen

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Losing close games is good?

You can really tell things have declined in San Antonio when the fans start celebrating "moral" victories

Spurs 4 The Win
03-23-2009, 12:27 AM
I am laughing at how little a life you have that you go around on our boards acting like a jackass and trying to impress your boyfriend Kobe so he will stick it to you! I bet you dream every night of being that concierge that Kobe raped!

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I am laughing at how little a life you have that you go around on our boards acting like a jackass and trying to impress your boyfriend Kobe so he will stick it to you! I bet you dream every night of being that concierge that Kobe raped!

FAIL...just go to bed now and you might be able to stop the bleeding...might

Spurs 4 The Win
03-23-2009, 12:34 AM
FAIL...just go to bed now and you might be able to stop the bleeding...might

:lol @ your retarded post. I declare this a FAIL, I am the FAIL inspector! You are a worthless bandwagon fan! :toast

Purple & Gold
03-23-2009, 12:38 AM
:lol @ your retarded post. I declare this a FAIL, I am the FAIL inspector! You are a worthless bandwagon fan! :toast

:lmao @ you again

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:39 AM

isn't that adorable...here's a nickel johnny, go get yourself some icecream

Bobsyeruncle
03-23-2009, 12:43 AM
You know a Spurms fan has FAILED when they get so frustrated they bring out the same old, tired, untrue "Kobe's a rapist" smack. They got nothing else.

mazerrackham
03-23-2009, 12:55 AM
and this season is part of THIS DECADE...you're not very good at this so bear with me while I teach you.

1980-1989=decade aka "The 80's"
1990-1999= "The 90's"
2000-2009= new decade.

Do you see the pattern? Let me know if you need further help...

This decade, whether it includes the '99 year or not, Lakers win three championships, Spurs win three championships, they've both been deep in the playoffs several times. The Lakers have a slightly better percentage over the decade, while the Spurs have been there every year, which the Lakers have not. I don't know how you can say Lakers are definitively team of the decade. Spurs and Lakers would be the teams of the decade, but they're pretty even...

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:59 AM
This decade, whether it includes the '99 year or not, Lakers win three championships, Spurs win three championships, they've both been deep in the playoffs several times. The Lakers have a slightly better percentage over the decade, while the Spurs have been there every year, which the Lakers have not. I don't know how you can say Lakers are definitively team of the decade. Spurs and Lakers would be the teams of the decade, but they're pretty even...

I never said they were the definitive team of the decade. but 5 appearances and 3 rings speaks for itself.. People will bring up 2005-2007, but I honestly think that helps our case. It's amazing to think the Lakers rebuilt themselves into a championship contender within 3 years...simply amazing. It's fairly even now, I agree, but a Laker win this year puts the argument to rest--as does a spurs win

mazerrackham
03-23-2009, 01:11 AM

Sure, you didn't say "definitive" but you certainly weren't including San Antonio in the picture in that first post. But as long as you admit it now, that's fine. It's interesting to note that apart from the Mavericks lone appearance, it's been the Lakers or the Spurs in the finals every single year since 1999.

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Sure, you didn't say "definitive" but you certainly weren't including San Antonio in the picture in that first post. But as long as you admit it now, that's fine. It's interesting to note that apart from the Mavericks lone appearance, it's been the Lakers or the Spurs in the finals every single year since 1999.

yup, and if not for a stupid foul by Manu it could of been a decade long streak of Lakers/Spurs representation. Very impressive by both squads I must say:hat

Ditty
03-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Willy Wonka wants his outfit back

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Willy Wonka wants his outfit back

that dude was pre-WONKA:hat

santymrc
03-23-2009, 01:45 AM

Can you be more stupid? You're calling just "lucky" to all the teams that have won close games.
"Just a matter of making your shots". Is that easy or what? You gotta be able to do it in RS and carry it to PO. It usually works that way unless you're Robert Horry :)
And its not that the other teams "Are just making their shots", but the fact that we are having lapses in the last 4 mins of the 4th that we usually dont -we really miss manu there-.
We are not a soft team, but without manu we are softer. And thats what's hurting us so much.

santymrc
03-23-2009, 01:54 AM
We look like shit, we dont play d and our scoring comes and goes as does shooting..........and I dont care how you spin it, Pops isnt giving young guys time, Bonner is playing way to much, Bowen not enough and TDs knees are shot. Oh TP has forgot his a pg too.

A lose is a lose period, every time we lose a game or shall I say give it away, everyone wants to say no big deal. Home court is a big deal and this is about the 13th game we have lost that is ...no big deal.

The spurs have done a poor job as an organization this year form Ians injury, to our rotation, to not making a trade at the deadline......to now not playing Hill or Gooden, players we will need to count on in the playoffs nearly enough......and I could go on.

One question, why draft hill if Mase is gonna be your back up pg, if that was the case why didnt you draft D Jordan who is a shot blocking rebounder we so badly need. Instead we have to watch a guy sit as our third string guy.

Pops needs to get rid of this old guys club hes running and get some youth and athletic players. No more $100 tickets for me till they put a better product on the court.

Ill take a couple of your thoughts.
FO has made a lot of mistakes in the past 2 years. If we somehow rewind the tape we'll find some really retarded trades and signings.
And we have too much trash in Pop's doghouse, I wonder if Pop is collecting them as he do with the wines he buy.
Pop can have a bad year, hes human too, and I see this year as the worst year with the Spurs -decision making, rotation, trades opportunities, etc.-
But all that said, Manu's injury has caused us to note all this things becouse things are not working our way, success tend to show us the other face of the coin.

RocketsYAO11
03-23-2009, 02:18 AM
If rockets hadn' t lose to Pacers(twice) , 76ers(twice)

Grizzlies(twice) , Clippers ....and so on , then it' ll be leader Southwest Divsion steady

Budkin
03-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Everyone was just shooting some shots, turning some balls over, missing some freebies.

wijayas
03-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I got depressed everytime Spurs lost. But I am also euphoric when Spurs win. For the past few years since Tim was drafted, I have more highs than lows.

Hey, who am I to complain the Spurs lost by 2? Or a miss FT here and there? Cheer up all those who are depressed and I mean it is you Sequ...;-)

We'll go deep into the PO.

screw_ston713
03-23-2009, 09:10 AM

:depressed Houston sub-par??? Rockets are winning their games without mcgrady, not making excuses about not having him in the lineup. Coulda shoulda woulda.

Spursmania
03-23-2009, 09:24 AM
:depressed Houston sub-par??? Rockets are winning their games without mcgrady, not making excuses about not having him in the lineup. Coulda shoulda woulda.

Don't worry he really shouldn't of called Houston a subpar team. Sometimes he forgets to take his head of of his ass.

Houston's a good Western Conference team, but I will agree that you will not be actually winning the LOB this year either. But on the bright side, you are playing without McGrady and doing well. The Rockets may actually get the monkey off their back and get past the 1st round. That would be great for you Rocket fans. Cheers.:toast

1Parker1
03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
You might wanna figure out what Team of the Decade means :lmao :lmao

Team of the decade? They didn't even make the playoffs for one or two of those years and another year or two they lost in the first round.

Consistency is a big part of what makes a "Team of the Decade" when you're looking at such a long period of time.

TheManFromAcme
03-23-2009, 10:58 AM
This decade...
Spurs NBA Champs: 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007 1+1+1+1=4
Lakers NBA Champs: 2000, 2001, 2002 1+1+1=3
4 > 3
I think that four championships :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:is greater than three championships :lobt::lobt::lobt:. So I guess that would make the SPURS the team of the Decade!:flag: You might want to check my math though, retard!

My lord, not this again...
Here we go again, read carefully for this is the LAST time I will explain this.
Traditionally, decades cover groups of 10's? O.K.? When you see ESPN, read Sports Illustrated or any other sports information medium, 99.99% of the time you read or here sports reporters refer to spans of greatness by teams covering decades as in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's etc., etc. The Spurs won the 1999 Championship hence closing the 90's which was dominated by the Bulls. The 00's came along and since 2000 the Spurs have won 3 and the Lakers have won 3 with Miami and Detroit in there each gaining one LOB. I don't see how your logic is working here and how you pick your own ten years. If that's the case than I'LL pick my own time span. Shall we say, the last 30 years who has won the most? LAKERS.

Qualifying statement:

The ushering of the new Millenium which started in 2000 is not counted in the 90's. I am writing this just in case you want to throw the "the 90's ended in 2000" which would be incorrect.

Sorry buddy. The Lakers and Spurs are tied whether you accept or not is another matter.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-23-2009, 11:02 AM
My lord, not this again...
Here we go again, read carefully for this is the LAST time I will explain this.
Traditionally, decades cover groups of 10's? O.K.? When you see ESPN, read Sports Illustrated or any other sports information medium, 99.99% of the time you read or here sports reporters refer to spans of greatness by teams covering decades as in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's etc., etc. The Spurs won the 1999 Championship hence closing the 90's which was dominated by the Bulls. The 00's came along and since 2000 the Spurs have won 3 and the Lakers have won 3 with Miami and Detroit in there each gaining one LOB. I don't see how your logic is working here and how you pick your own ten years. If that's the case than I'LL pick my own time span. Shall we say, the last 30 years who has won the most? LAKERS.

Qualifying statement:

The ushering of the new Millenium which started in 2000 is not counted in the 90's. I am writing this just in case you want to throw the "the 90's ended in 2000" which would be incorrect.

Sorry buddy. The Lakers and Spurs are tied whether you accept or not is another matter.

Dude, the new millenium started on Jan 1st 2001, don't embarass yourself.

BlackSwordsMan
03-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Why are people fighting in this thread? Again this thread is not trash talking. Just stating facts

crc21209
03-23-2009, 12:46 PM
We just have to believe in this team and follow them..that's all. They're human..of course theyre going to win some games, and lose some games. But we are 45-24, the #3 seed in the West (technically #2 because Houston has 25 losses but anyway...) and still without one of our top 3 players. Manu, as we all have seen has carried this team through alot of games the past couple of years. He is probably one of the..if not THE clutchest player on the team. He is most likely coming back this week, and he will work his way back up in minutes...and the Spurs will win most of their remaining games...grab the 2 seed most likely..and go into the Playoffs fine...just like always.

LEONARD
03-23-2009, 12:50 PM

That's a lot of IF's and BUT's...

But you also said the Spurs would be undefeated if they didn't have any injuries this season... :lmao

Many PackYao
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Kobe just raping the girls he was supposed to rape
It's pretty lame to talk about a player's personal life just because you don't like him or his team.

Lakers just choking in the Finals a 28 point lead they were supposed to choke
However, this sounds about right.:lol

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
It's pretty lame to talk about a player's personal life just because you don't like him or his team.

However, this sounds about right.:lol

Will Houston make it out of the first round this year? Rockets=T'Wolves 2.0

Many PackYao
03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Will Houston make it out of the first round this year? Rockets=T'Wolves 2.0
what's your point? Spurs or Rockets ain't winning nothing for a while. You can't beat the Celts, Lakers or Cavs when it's 8 on 5. Sterns and his crooked ass refs have made this obvious.

crc21209
03-23-2009, 05:05 PM
what's your point? Spurs or Rockets ain't winning nothing for a while. You can't beat the Celts, Lakers or Cavs when it's 8 on 5. Sterns and his crooked ass refs have made this obvious.

Speak for the Rockets. Not the Spurs. The Spurs have won 4 titles in the past 9 years. So don't compare the Rockets to the Spurs saying the Spurs won't be winning anything for awhile. The LAST Western Conference team to win the NBA title since 2003 has been the Spurs. Anytime any other Western Conf. team goes, they lose. 06' the Mavs and 08' the Lakers.

Many PackYao
03-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Speak for the Rockets. Not the Spurs. The Spurs have won 4 titles in the past 9 years. So don't compare the Rockets to the Spurs saying the Spurs won't be winning anything for awhile. The LAST Western Conference team to win the NBA title since 2003 has been the Spurs. Anytime any other Western Conf. team goes, they lose. 06' the Mavs and 08' the Lakers.
You saw what happened. The Spurs got screwed by the refs that series. That's just the beginning , so I don't know why you don't realize this. Stern will make sure a big market team wins the title and that sure as hell ain't SA.

de Soto
03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Our last three losses are absolutely not a big deal. With an average margin of 2.5 points a game, the Spurs have been playing well enough lately to win games. The Thunder, Celtics, and Rockets just made their shots and we didn't.

Brilliant analysis. We can all conclude now that the Spurs actually won the games they lost. All you need to do is to convince Stern.:bang:bang:bang

:rolleyes

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM

so...it's the refs fault that your team is the Mama Cass of the playoffs?:rollin

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 06:50 PM

I like how you mention 4 out of 9, yet when discussing the western conference you omit years 2000-2002...Spur logic at its best.