PDA

View Full Version : If your son turned out to be gay.....

MiamiHeat
03-23-2009, 03:25 AM
what would you do?

polandprzem
03-23-2009, 03:34 AM
I would not let him play arcade

polandprzem
03-23-2009, 03:36 AM
but seriously, what can you do?

You must to accept it or tolerate it, there is nothing you can do. It also depends on relations in a family and how much sinciere you all can be.

Good to know others points of view.

Homeland Security
03-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Why is there no option for "impale him in the backyard?"

ManuTP9
03-23-2009, 06:22 AM
kick him out the house.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
disowned person

ididnotnothat
03-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Wouldn't change anything.

Taco
03-23-2009, 07:51 AM
I would not let him play arcade

:lol

BlackSwordsMan
03-23-2009, 08:02 AM
more bitches for me

desflood
03-23-2009, 08:15 AM
wouldn't change anything.
+1

RandomGuy
03-23-2009, 08:15 AM
It wouldn't matter to me in the slightest, as long as he doesn't end up being a Miami Heat fan...

HA!

Still want grandkids tho'.

johnsmith
03-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Shoot his mother.

Dr. Gonzo
03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
If he is happy, lives a positive life and is a hard worker then I really don't give a shit.

peewee's lovechild
03-23-2009, 09:28 AM
The poll is skewed to suggest that there should be a level of disappointement.

The first two options are about rejection or disappointment. Then, there is a "neutral" which doesn't mean much. The last option is sarcastic.

So, what are you trying to do with this poll?

Anyway, from my point of view, if my son or daughter turned out to be gay . . . so what? I only wish that my children grow up to be happy, healty, kind hearted individuals. Their sexual preference will never change my love for them.

Summers
03-23-2009, 09:29 AM

The first two options are about rejection or disappointment. Then, there is a "neutral" which doesn't mean much. The last option is sarcastic.

Anyway, from my point of view, if my son or daughter turned out to be gay . . . so what? I only wish that my children grow up to be happy, healty, kind hearted individuals. Their sexual preference will never change my love for them.

I agree. I just don't want my kids to grow up to be assholes.

JoeChalupa
03-23-2009, 09:31 AM

I concur. I'll love my kids no matter what and I'll be happy for them as long as they are happy with themselves.

Blake
03-23-2009, 09:48 AM
if your son enrolled at utsa....

o I would not accept it and be disappointed and upset
o I would accept it, but be disappointed with him
o I would be neutral
o I would be happy

DarkReign
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Wouldnt give two shits. Seeing as that isnt a poll option, I didnt vote.

Spurminator
03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I'd make sure he understood that we are in no way ashamed of him. I'd pray for him to meet the right man that he will want to spend the rest of his life with. I'd make sure he understood that his parents and his God love him unconditionally, and that his sexuality is not incompatible with our faith.

His grandparents might not be so accepting but I would make sure they understood that if they want to see him (or the rest of us) on a regular basis, they will keep their opinions to themselves when he is around.

SpursStalker
03-23-2009, 10:10 AM
what would you do?

Love him reguardless ...

tlongII
03-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I'd be pissed.

JoeChalupa
03-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I have two daughters. :p:

CuckingFunt

At this point in my life, I have no intention of having kids. This is about what my answer would be, though.

easjer
Nothing would change. I would still want him to practice safe sex until in a monogamous relationship and I would still hope that he finds his partner in life and would be as open to that partner as any female he would bring home otherwise.

Same goes for my daughter being a lesbian.

People are what they are. My hopes and wishes for my (future) children are for their health, happiness, social awareness and contributions, and their sexuality plays only a very small role in that.

SpursStalker
03-23-2009, 10:42 AM
I have two daughters. :p:

So do I ...

:lol

jman3000
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't care if I had more than 1 son/daughter and they had already had children. If he was an only child... then yeah, I'd be a bit dissappointed because I wouldn't have any grandchildren of my blood.

mrsmaalox
03-23-2009, 12:37 PM
I'd have no problem with it at all. Gay men looovvvve their mamas! :tu

Thunder Dan
03-23-2009, 12:54 PM
I would take choice 2 without the exception of being upset. If he was gay he was gay, still my son, and nothing to be disappointed about

Drachen
03-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I would accept him but be disappointed that the family name is very likely not being carried on. I won't lie, it might make me a bit sad too (I wanna do all that man stuff that I don't know if I will be able to do with him). It will be difficult, but I ultimately will accept who he is. I will not be disappointed in HIM though, maybe just disappointed in general. I have no son, BTW. (not since the last one told me he was gay.) - jk

easjer
03-23-2009, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't care if I had more than 1 son/daughter and they had already had children. If he was an only child... then yeah, I'd be a bit dissappointed because I wouldn't have any grandchildren of my blood.

Not necessarily. Being gay doesn't mean you are incapable of producing biological offspring, it just eliminates that likelihood/possibility with your partner if you are male.

Plenty of gay men go on to father and raise children, and plenty of gay couples adopt. And what if your straight son were to adopt a child for whatever reason? It sort of comes out to the same thing.

Women though do have more options, at least if they are willing to pay for IVF. Recently Cat Cora (the chef) revealed that she is pregnant with a child created from her partner's ovum and a sperm donor and her partner is likewise pregnant with Cat Cora's biological child.

easjer
03-23-2009, 01:28 PM
I would accept him but be disappointed that the family name is very likely not being carried on. I won't lie, it might make me a bit sad too (I wanna do all that man stuff that I don't know if I will be able to do with him). It will be difficult, but I ultimately will accept who he is. I will not be disappointed in HIM though, maybe just disappointed in general. I have no son, BTW. (not since the last one told me he was gay.) - jk

Again, being gay doesn't eliminate the chance for parenthood or the progression of the family name, nor does being straight ensure the same.

I know you said you wouldn't be disappointed in the son, I'm just pointing out the other side of the argument.

TwAnKiEs
03-23-2009, 01:42 PM
I would blame the Miami Heat

seriously my goal is to see my children live a happy life, no matter what the situation is.

Kriz-Maxima
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I agree with the general sentiment, It wouldn't make a difference to me.

Drachen
03-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Again, being gay doesn't eliminate the chance for parenthood or the progression of the family name, nor does being straight ensure the same.

I know you said you wouldn't be disappointed in the son, I'm just pointing out the other side of the argument.

This is why I used the "likely" qualifier. I realize there are surrogate mothers, and having a child before admitting to being gay, etc. But the likelihood of a gay son having a child greatly dwarfs the likelihood of a straight son having a child. Though neither is 100% one way or another.

Strike
03-23-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't have kids. But if I did, I'd probably be apprehensive about it at first, then I wouldn't care as long as he/she is happy with themselves. As far as the carrying on the family name shit, I couldn't care less. I was adopted. If my kid and mate chose to adopt and raise a family, I'd be happy that they'd choose to give an "unwanted" child a happy home.

And as long as I still get to make the occasional gay joke, I'm cool with it.

David Bowie
03-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I really don't think that I'd care. I have been surrounded by gay people for a long time, and theyre mostly great.

If I had a son though, I would make sure that he did understand that there truely is a high risk of HIV in the gay male community, and that it's not just a homophobic steryotype.