PDA

View Full Version : HDTV Glitch

spurster
03-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Well, I finally decided to become more modern by getting an HDTV (Sony Bravia M-Series KDL-26M4000 26-Inch 720p LCD HDTV), though I have not upgraded my satellite service yet.

However, I am having a problem with the standard definition picture. Every minute or so, the picture will simply go blank for a couple seconds. Is this a standard glitch, or did I buy a lemon? I have tried different cables, one through the antenna connection and one through composite video, with the same result.

Laker Lanny
03-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm sure koriwhat has the same TV and has been fixing them for 12 years he will chime in to help! :tu

TwAnKiEs
03-23-2009, 10:11 AM
I work for a cable company's tech support for almost 3 years now and I have MAYBE had a tv go bad once. Tv problems are really obvious to spot. I dont think its a tv problem, but i wouldnt rule it out. Best thing to do is try another TV (if at all possible, i know , i know) if it stays the same you know its not your tv . Hope this helps Congrats on you new tv :tu

Addition: Also go over your tv's settings again to see if anything needs to be adjusted

ManuTP9
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
check your settings

spurster
03-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I've fiddled with a lot of settings to no avail. Everything looks fine except for the recurring hiccups. My speculation is that the circuit (or software) converting the analog signal to digital is overwhelmed, but there is no correlation between the amount of action in the picture and the hiccup.

I'll try the second TV idea, and let you know the result.

Cry Havoc
03-23-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm sure koriwhat has the same TV and has been fixing them for 12 years he will chime in to help! :tu

:lmao

This post owns the thread.

Careful though, his solution might be to run out and buy a new TV.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Try to get another sat box and see what happens. Sounds like a bad tuner.

koriwhat
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM

ok so you all dog on me for whatever reasons and mouse loves to dog on me because of my tats but but but what is fuckin worse here....?

you guessed it... cum rag and all.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0clI8WAbXs3ws/340x.jpg
even the lady in the back is laughing her ass off at this fool. hey kumar where'd you get that cool fro from and those badass work gloves?

ps: i don't own a hdtv and don't have a need for one.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, I finally decided to become more modern by getting an HDTV (Sony Bravia M-Series KDL-26M4000 26-Inch 720p LCD HDTV), though I have not upgraded my satellite service yet.

However, I am having a problem with the standard definition picture. Every minute or so, the picture will simply go blank for a couple seconds. Is this a standard glitch, or did I buy a lemon? I have tried different cables, one through the antenna connection and one through composite video, with the same result.Have you tried getting anything with OTA broadcasts? Maybe try some rabbit ears to see if the same thing happens.

spurster
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Ok, the two TV trick resulted in the same simultaneous glitches on both TVs (one digital, one analog), so it was/is the satellite box. I must have jostled the connections on it when I first tested the new TV. It's another win for correlation is not causation.

PM5K
03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
That's one of the few nice things about Time Warner, I don't know how difficult it is to get an HD box with satellite, but with TW I was able to take mine in and swap it right out, and there was no additional charge.

Evan
03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
pm Leonard....he fixes HDTV's and high end stereo equipment.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3935

TwAnKiEs
03-24-2009, 07:38 AM
lol

scientology
03-24-2009, 04:24 PM
ok so you all dog on me for whatever reasons and mouse loves to dog on me because of my tats but but but what is fuckin worse here....?

even the lady in the back is laughing her ass off at this fool. hey kumar where'd you get that cool fro from and those badass work gloves?

You sound like you need some direction in your life.

TwAnKiEs
03-24-2009, 05:14 PM

koriwhat
03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
You sound like you need some direction in your life.

i need a little bit of auditing... :(

haha

dianetics!

Rack The Trolls!
03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
:corn:

spurster
03-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Today, I trimmed some tree branches that were partially covering the dish, so add that to the list of things you should check. In this case, I was a little surprised because the tree branches were several feet away last year, so it must have had a growth spurt.

France B-boy
03-28-2009, 10:19 PM