PDA

View Full Version : Could the Jazz land Blake Griffin?

Girasuck
03-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Put yourself in the GM's shoes of either the Wizards, Raptors, Kings, Clippers, Grizzlies, TWolves, or Thunder. Chances are pretty good that one of those teams will get the #1 pick this year. Then lets just assume that Blake Griffin comes out this year. Would any of you trade the 2009 #1 pick (99% sure that Griffin would be the #1 pick) for Carlos Boozer, Utah's 2009 first round pick (#20 range), and the 2010 New York unprotected pick, which would most likely be a top 5 pick?

Allanon
03-23-2009, 09:46 AM
The Wizards might do it...don't know their salary implications.

No real reason for those other teams to have interest in Boozer. The only teams who might be interested in Boozer would be teams with no shot at a high pick.

layupdrill
03-23-2009, 11:00 AM
A very good possibility, though the Wizards would love to have Boozer to team up alongside Arenas and Butler, they are strapped somewhat on cap space.

Tmac&Luther
03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Blake Griffin is a future NBA bust waiting to happen, I feel sorry for who ever drafts him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 11:21 AM
They couldn't trade Boozer since he's a free agent once the season is over....they can't trade a player not on their roster. This thread = epic fail.

Trainwreck2100
03-23-2009, 11:22 AM
no he's not white enough

balli
03-23-2009, 11:25 AM
They couldn't trade Boozer since he's a free agent once the season is over....they can't trade a player not on their roster. This thread = epic fail.

Fool. Boozer's only a free-agent if he opts out. Even though several months ago he said he would, given the economic climate and his injury, him doing so is anything but certain. He might opt out, he might not. I certainly wouldn't. Your post=epic fail.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Fool. Boozer's only a free-agent if he opts out. Even though several months ago he said he would, given the economic climate and his injury, him doing so is anything but certain. He might opt out, he might not. I certainly wouldn't. Your post=epic fail.

Didn't he say something about not wanting to be in Utah because his daughter has an illness?

robbie380
03-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Blake Griffin is a future NBA bust waiting to happen, I feel sorry for who ever drafts him.

what blake griffin are you watching? he is a freaking monster.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 11:35 AM
And with Boozer it's not an opt out clause, it's a player option he has the choice of picking up or not, so your wrong when you said Boozer is only a free agent if he opts out.

balli
03-23-2009, 11:43 AM
LMFAO at you haggling over semantics.

2Cleva
03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
No way a team deals the unquestioned top pick for a player potentially a one-year rental. Boozer's word means nothing in the NBA and there is no gurantee that the NY pick is a Top 5 one. Not to mention Blake should have close to the same production, at a much cheaper price, and also without the injury concern or height limitations. And he's marketable (as any top pick is) and sells tickets immediately over hype moreso than a guy like Boozer.

Not happening even in Jazz dreams.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
LMFAO at you haggling over semantics.

They're two different things. Don't get mad at me that Boozer is gonna leave cause doing mormon prayers isn't curing his daughters disease, not my problem.

Spur-Addict
03-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Who cares?

They'll need more than Blake or a healthy Boozer to get it done.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Who cares?

They'll need more than Blake or a healthy Boozer to get it done.

I actually think if they somehow got a good SG who can create off the dribble and make them less reliant on D-Will creating everything, that coupled with a healthy Boozer would make them a legit contender.

Right now their offense, as good as it is, relies too heavily on pick and rolls.

Spur-Addict
03-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I actually think if they somehow got a good SG who can create off the dribble and make them less reliant on D-Will creating everything, that coupled with a healthy Boozer would make them a legit contender.

Right now their offense, as good as it is, relies too heavily on pick and rolls.

Most good teams are a piece or two away.

Darthkiller
03-23-2009, 02:42 PM

i think you got confused with Taylor Griffin.

boutons_deux
03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
I watch Griffin closely this weekend, concluded beyond a doubt he's an asshole.

Lots of talent, solid body, great moves and strength, and confidence, but he only hustles when he's calling for the ball.

Else, he's way too slow and too cool.

He can go as far as he wants to go, but I doubt he has the ethic and humility to pull it off.

Tmac&Luther
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
what blake griffin are you watching? he is a freaking monster.

IN COLLEGE......he's the classic college star that turns out to be a dud in the NBA. The dude is severely undersized and lacks toughness. He's JJ Redick at the PF spot.

Again, sorry for however drafts him. you know it's a crappy draft when Blake Griffin is going #1.

Kai
03-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, they can miss the playoffs and win the lottery.

dirk4mvp
03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
IN COLLEGE......he's the classic college star that turns out to be a dud in the NBA. The dude is severely undersized and lacks toughness. He's JJ Redick at the PF spot.

Again, sorry for however drafts him. you know it's a crappy draft when Blake Griffin is going #1.

Agreed. At least Griffin will be able to look back 10 years from now and laugh at Tyler Hansbrough.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 03:18 PM

The JJ Redick at the PF spot is Ty Hansborough, not even close. I also don't get how he lacks toughness, he gets cheap shotted and roughed up every time he plays and he gets right back up and doesn't let it affect him. Idk how he's not tough. I also don't get how he's "severely" undersized, a 6'9" PF IMO is slightly undersized.

resistanze
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
The JJ Redick at the PF spot is Ty Hansborough, not even close. I also don't get how he lacks toughness, he gets cheap shotted and roughed up every time he plays and he gets right back up and doesn't let it affect him. Idk how he's not tough. I also don't get how he's "severely" undersized, a 6'9" PF IMO is slightly undersized.

Sean May 2.0

Seriously though, what ever happened to that kid?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Sean May 2.0

Lol, that's the worst comparison ever. Blake Griffin is the consensus #1 because of freak athleticism, when Sean May's game is being discussed, athleticism isn't considered to be a part of it :lol

This doesn't mean he's a good basketball player, but Blake Griffin won the national slam dunk contest for his high school class, which shows how athletic he is.

Tmac&Luther
03-23-2009, 03:52 PM

First of all people cheap shot him, because he allows it........the guy needs to stick up for himself, that's why I think he's soft.

Second if you think Blake Griffin is a legit 6'9 player you're mistaken....he isn't close to 6'9.

It's just a feeling I have, something tells me this guy is going to be a failure as a #1 ovrl pick.

samikeyp
03-23-2009, 04:04 PM

You don't want to affect you if you are Griffin. People are going to try to get in his head by pulling cheap crap and if you lose your cool and swing then you are ejected then suspended and they got to you. Its a bitch move to be cheap and try to get someone to swing...its a bigger bitch move if you let them.

samikeyp
03-23-2009, 04:04 PM
no he's not white enough

Dammit you beat me to it! :lol

Yuixafun
03-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Didn't he say something about not wanting to be in Utah because his daughter has an illness?

Ah I thought this was a veiled D. Fisher reference.

Tmac&Luther
03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
You don't want to affect you if you are Griffin. People are going to try to get in his head by pulling cheap crap and if you lose your cool and swing then you are ejected then suspended and they got to you. Its a bitch move to be cheap and try to get someone to swing...its a bigger bitch move if you let them.

How about when a Texas player barely grazed his noes when going for the ball and he was knocked out for multiple games with a concussion.

By far the weakest damn concussion I have ever seen in the history of sports.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Ah I thought this was a veiled D. Fisher reference.

No, it wasn't. Boozer's daughter last I heard was being treated at a hospital in Miami. I really wasn't referencing Fisher when I said this.

mystargtr34
03-23-2009, 06:27 PM
How about when a Texas player barely grazed his noes when going for the ball and he was knocked out for multiple games with a concussion.

By far the weakest damn concussion I have ever seen in the history of sports.

Did Blake Griffin fuck your sister or something?

mogrovejo
03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
No way a team deals the unquestioned top pick for a player potentially a one-year rental.

This. If Boozer was extended, then I'd strongly consider this deal if I were the Wizards, but I'd ask for more than the Knicks pick.

Griffin is very good, potential All-Pro.

manufor3
03-23-2009, 07:55 PM
griffin will be a superstar

layupdrill
03-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I think Griffin will be good, not sure if he will be great, but good.

BRHornet45
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
sons and lets not forget that Griffin is light skinned .... that is ALWAYS a plus for the Utah Jazz

jazzypimp
03-25-2009, 01:59 PM
sons and lets not forget that Griffin is light skinned .... that is ALWAYS a plus for the Utah Jazz

LOL.. I know this was a crack at the jazz, but I couldn't help but laugh!:lol

BUMP
03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
saying Blake Griffin isn't tough is almost as dumb as saying the Laker shave a chance at upsetting the Mavs in the 1st round

Spurtacus
03-25-2009, 06:25 PM
no he's not white enough

:lol

Spurtacus
03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
I hope the Thunder get Griffin. Thunder becoming my second favorite team with Durant, Green, and Westrbook.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 06:30 PM
saying Blake Griffin isn't tough is almost as dumb as saying the Laker shave a chance at upsetting the Mavs in the 1st round

they do, but only if they use a Mach 3

Buddy Holly
01-17-2011, 07:08 AM

Was searching google and came about this thread. Saw this comment and went :wow then :lol

TinTin
01-17-2011, 07:18 AM

I officially share bump's crush on griffin. Dude is ballin

Koolaid_Man
01-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Put yourself in the GM's shoes of either the Wizards, Raptors, Kings, Clippers, Grizzlies, TWolves, or Thunder. Chances are pretty good that one of those teams will get the #1 pick this year. Then lets just assume that Blake Griffin comes out this year. Would any of you trade the 2009 #1 pick (99% sure that Griffin would be the #1 pick) for Carlos Boozer, Utah's 2009 first round pick (#20 range), and the 2010 New York unprotected pick, which would most likely be a top 5 pick?

Blake will end up being a Laker just like Lamar who left Clipper land....it's just all part of one big orgasmic universal plot. :lol

Ashy Larry
01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Figuring he did go to the University of Oklahoma, he would be the power forward the Thunder has never had. And if they could keep Jeff Green and bring him off the bench, the Thunder would have something special ........

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Griffin
Nenad

Green
Harden
Ibaka

nice eight man rotation

Girasuck
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I hate 2 year bumps.