PDA

View Full Version : How Pointless is this Article?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Suns dominating weaker teams
by Paul Coro - Mar. 22, 2009 09:14 PM
The Arizona Republic
The Suns have followed six consecutive competitive losses to teams in the NBA's better half with four consecutive dominant wins over less-competitive teams.

Early March's season-worst losing streak was longer than this season-best win streak. The Suns' 3 1/2-game gap behind Dallas requires them to fare well this week as the slate toughens again against Denver Monday, Utah twice and Portland.

"We're fighting for our lives and we've still got to depend on other guys," Suns center Shaquille O'Neal said.

The Suns used a friendlier schedule to find wins and offensive rhythm. They are averaging 121.1 points since interim coach Alvin Gentry took over at the All-Star break. They entered the break as the NBA's worst turnover team but rank 14th turnovers since the All-Star break.

The starters remain defensively flawed but can patch holes with zone defense.

"That cuts down the penetration and it forces teams to make jump shots," Gentry said. "For the most part, I don't know if a team can beat you making jump shots."

Stromile Swift's first real practice time with the Suns last week paid off with his best outing Saturday, posting 10 points and 12 rebounds for the power forward's first double-double since Dec. 1, 2007.

"He gives us length and we're really undersized," Gentry said. "We just need all the help we can get. That's why we try everyone off the bench and try to see how they're going."

So if the Suns happen to make the playoffs and run into the OKC Thunder and Washington Wizards, they'll win that round. I'm glad this article gave me that valuable piece of knowledge.

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
yeah, i gotta agree that this article is unnecessary...looks like the writer doesn't have anything else to cover

Ghazi
03-23-2009, 01:46 PM
PHX should trot out the same team next year IMO.

Hollinger told me their offensive efficiency since the ASB would be the greatest of all time if extrapolated over an 82 game season.

When you have the greatest offense of time, you shouldn't dismantle it.

Just hope the guys buy into a system of at least committing to average defense. :)

Try to get a lengthy wing that can guard PG's and mask Nash too.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2009, 01:50 PM
PHX should trot out the same team next year IMO.

Hollinger told me their offensive efficiency since the ASB would be the greatest of all time if extrapolated over an 82 game season.

When you have the greatest offense of time, you shouldn't dismantle it.

Just hope the guys buy into a system of at least committing to average defense. :)

Try to get a lengthy wing that can guard PG's and mask Nash too.

The reason their offense is good is because it is so dominant and off the charts against the Clippers and the Thunder that it can still be averaged with their efficiency against teams like SA and Boston that it still comes out crazy.

And there is no way to mask Nash's D completely, if a player handicaps his team on D that much, you can't hide it. If the player who is used to mask Nash's D and help on the PG, that means the player he's supposed to be guarding will go off.

BlackSwordsMan
03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
go cardinals!

dirk4mvp
03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
It's about as pointless as rocket fans.