PDA

View Full Version : Gooden question

poop
03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
it seems like he has some good post skills. in that one houston game he put up some good points in the post.

but every game since then it seems like hes being played way outside, he always get the pass out near the 3 point line then gets stuck.

why the hell dont we position him down low as far as he can get and let give him a chance to contribute some offense?

SenorSpur
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure, but I highly doubt that Gooden knows enough of the offense to make an impact. That said, I wouldn't count of Gooden making much of an impact this season. Players that come to the Spurs in midseason rarely ever do. Provided the Spurs see enough to resign him over the summer, expect more from him next season.

Spursmania
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes, I did notice he seemed to be further out than we'd want for his range. I know he's made some defensive mistakes, but if Pop benched him for that, shouldn't he have benched Mason for some of his bone-headed plays as well? Besides, at least Mason's been around since training camp, but Gooden just got here thus Mason should be making less mistakes.

I'd like to see more of Gooden, if he's going to make mistakes let's have him do that now and not when we are playing game one of the playoffs. Maybe we'll see more of him when Manu is back and Gooden will be playing in the second unit with him. That should be interesting.:hat

Indazone
03-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Here's my prediction for Gooden.

Gooden is to PF's what Daman Stoudamire is to Guards.

Agloco
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Seems more and more like we need to give Pop a breathalizer test before games. Some of the shit he's pulling out there defies all logic.

poop
03-23-2009, 03:18 PM
perhaps hes been enjoying his wine hobby a bit too much lately?

WalterBenitez
03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Seems more and more like we need to give Pop a breathalizer test before games. Some of the shit he's pulling out there defies all logic.

:lol

not to mention those all plays they create, I can't imagine how Gooden's head would be after a practice :dizzy

Spursmania
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
:lol

not to mention those all plays they create, I can't imagine how Gooden's head would be after a practice :dizzy

:lol:lol:lol:wow:lol

He's like "my head hurts, no more Pop...":wow