PDA

View Full Version : Raping the smokers

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
WTF is going on with the prices of smokes. I spent $6.50 for a pack of Malboro lights Saturday. I asked what the deal was and the first thing out of their mouth was "don't blame me" hahaha. I guess they have been getting a ear full. The lady said they are going up another dollar next month. She said it was a TAX. If thats the case they are getting raped and every smoker should stop buying smokes for good and watch the economy get butt hurt even more.

I buy 3-4 packs a year. I can't imagine smoking a pack a day. Thats over $2,000 a year in smokes. Holy shit. When I smoked in college on a regular basis 12-13 years ago they were under 3 bucks, I think they were $2.50.

The Goverment is nailing smokers hardcore if indeed its a tax.

BlackSwordsMan
03-23-2009, 03:18 PM
don't smoke faggot

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 03:20 PM
don't smoke faggot

Sorry pervert. I should have said cigarettes. I am not talking about sucking dick like you do.

dirk4mvp
03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't care if they charged $20. Fuck anyone who smokes more than a train crying about raising the price.

Dr. Gonzo
03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.cigoutlet.net/

BlackSwordsMan
03-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Sorry pervert. I should have said cigarettes. I am not talking about sucking dick like you do.

save this talk for your bath house friends homo

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't care if they charged $20. Fuck anyone who smokes more than a train crying about raising the price.

Why do u have a guy smoking in ur pic? Just curious.

You should give a fuck. Its a tax and its ripping off USA citizens because people like you "just hate it". I hope you don't drink or smoke dope. I really hope you don't ever have a beer while watching ur lil mavericks play.

MiamiHeat
03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
yeah, Obama signed this new tax. it goes up another 65 cents

it's a bad habit that needs to die out. the older generation of smokers were lied to and they got hooked on a bad, stinky, cancer causing habit.

http://captionx.com/section/special-page/image/healthy/physicians.jpg

http://epicself.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/gra_bdoctor-1_550x724shkl.jpg

http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/8635/0/Old_Smoking_Ads_3.ashx

http://www.quitdoctor.com/images/oldtzonead.jpg

http://captionx.com/section/special-page/image/healthy/dentist.jpg

http://captionx.com/section/special-page/image/healthy/irritation.jpg

http://captionx.com/section/special-page/image/healthy/science.jpg

http://captionx.com/section/special-page/image/healthy/santa.jpg

Kick the habit. Gotta break the chain somewhere.

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
save this talk for your bath house friends homo

Is BlackSwordsMan code for Cock sucker. Do you get a thrill when the circus freaks deepthroat a blade. You sick fucker. Stop sucking dudes dicks.

dirk4mvp
03-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Why do u have a guy smoking in ur pic? Just curious.

You should give a fuck. Its a tax and its ripping off USA citizens because people like you "just hate it". I hope you don't drink or smoke dope. I really hope you don't ever have a beer while watch ur lil mavericks play.l

Do you have something stuck up your ass?

CubanMustGo
03-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Not quite a $1 increase ($0.62) and your friendly cigarette manufacturer is screwing you over by passing on the increase early:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/DN-smokers_21tex.ART.State.Edition2.4ac7038.html

A big jump in the federal excise tax on cigarettes – from 39 cents a pack to $1.01 – is now being factored into prices charged by the major tobacco companies in advance of the April 1 effective date of the new rate.

peewee's lovechild
03-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Camels irratate the shit out of my throat.

Anyway, I'm going to be forced to quit smoking. This shit has finally become to expensive for me.

JudynTX
03-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I wonder if and when weed will go up in price too? :depressed

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Do you have something stuck up your ass?

Do you?

CubanMustGo
03-23-2009, 03:36 PM

it's a bad habit that needs to die out. the older generation of smokers were lied to and they got hooked on a bad, stinky, cancer causing habit.

Hate to bust your bubble, but it's the young who have gone back to smoking in a big way, even with all the knowledge of how bad smoking is for you:

http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/080724Smoking3_sdikt0hg.gif

Frenzy
03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't smoke. i don't like the smell of smoke but if they wanna kill them selves...what do i care.

I believe all smokers have are oral fixations. Put something else in your mouth :wakeup

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Camels irratate the shit out of my throat.

Anyway, I'm going to be forced to quit smoking. This shit has finally become to expensive for me.

I hope everyone quits at the same time. This rise is not for health care for daily smokers, its about getting money from people without pissing off the majority. Whats better than nailing smokers. You have people like dick smoker and dirkmvp jumping down the smokers throat.

MiamiHeat
03-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Hate to bust your bubble, but it's the young who have gone back to smoking in a big way, even with all the knowledge of how bad smoking is for you:

http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/080724Smoking3_sdikt0hg.gif

What does that have to do with my point?

I never said "The young are not smoking"

I said the old generation was lied to and misled and it needs to die out.

That is all true, i never said the old are the majority. I merely said the old were lied to and misled and then I posted pictures of ads of their generation

Your point is a strawman.

CubanMustGo
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
What does that have to do with my point?

I never said "The young are not smoking"

I said the old generation was lied to and misled and it needs to die out.

That is all true, i never said the old are the majority. I merely said the old were lied to and misled and then I posted pictures of ads of their generation

Your point is a strawman.

It's called "drawing a rational conclusion from the statement being made," President Clinton.

MiamiHeat
03-23-2009, 03:44 PM
It's called "drawing a rational conclusion from the statement being made," President Clinton.

In which case, you drew the wrong conclusion, President Bush.

There was no WMD. I never suggested anything about who is the largest majority of smokers, so your rationality behind it is just a false assumption that I somehow believed the old generation was the biggest percentage of smokers. I posted smoking advertisements from the 1940's and 50's, the large majority of that generation died by now. I was merely pointing out that smoking became increasingly popular in those years because of that generation that was misled and lied to.

You took your own assumptions, drew conclusions, and went to war with my quote. You came complete with graphs and an invasion force.

Wrong conclusion, Georgie.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
The last price hike was done by the manufacturers to counteract the loss in sales from the impending tax hike. The April 1st tax hike, which I believe is $.61, is to pay for the $35 billion Obama wants for uninsured children.

If everyone quits, then we'll end up paying more in the long run due to the increased life expectancy of smokers. Plus, they'll need to make up that lost tax money from somewhere.

desflood
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Roll your own.

SpursWoman
03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
<<-- glad she quit.

03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Roll your own.

Due to the economy, some states are mulling over the idea of raising the tax on all tobacco products.

In Michigan the price will go from roughly $20/lb to $70/lb with all the added taxes.

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Due to the economy, some states are mulling over the idea of raising the tax on all tobacco products.

In Michigan the price will go from roughly $20/lb to $70/lb with all the added taxes.

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love Me Some Me
03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
It's not rape if you consent.

desflood
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow. I can practically hear my mother screaming :lol

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM

True but some are addicted

Jekka
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
If everyone quits, then we'll end up paying more in the long run due to the increased life expectancy of smokers. Plus, they'll need to make up that lost tax money from somewhere.

Does that increased life expectancy cost more or less than treating most of them for lung cancer?

desflood
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
True but some are addicted
Addicts kick the habit all the time.

03-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Does that increased life expectancy cost more or less than treating most of them for lung cancer?

More.

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Addicts kick the habit all the time.

I wouldn't say cigarette addicts kick the habbit all the time. Maybe crack heads but not smokers. They generally smoke until they die or the doctor says "stop or you will die"

Jekka
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
More.

Really? I've known people that have maxed out their health insurance benefits going through chemo/radiation/surgeries/etc for long periods of time, which is sometimes $2-3 million.

SpursWoman
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't say cigarette addicts kick the habbit all the time. Maybe crack heads but not smokers. They generally smoke until they die or the doctor says "stop or you will die"

I quit after smoking for about 25 years or so ... just because I felt like it, and I know lots of other people that have, too. So yeah, people kick the addiction all the time. Jacking the price up the last time, though, was a big motivator for me ... I can't lie.

Everytime you see a doctor they'll tell you to quit smoking or you'll die ... that's not limited to imminent terminal cancer situations. :lol

desflood
They generally smoke until they die or the doctor says "stop or you will die"
Yep, but then we're back to the "consent" point. If they choose not to quit smoking...

Really? I've known people that have maxed out their health insurance benefits going through chemo/radiation/surgeries/etc for long periods of time, which is sometimes $2-3 million.

Nah, I don't really know. It's an interesting question, though.

BTW, I believe only 14-15% of smokers actually get lung cancer. You'd have to broaden the scope and include smoking related illnesses.

resistanze
03-23-2009, 04:25 PM
[/thread]

Jekka
03-23-2009, 04:26 PM

BTW, I believe only 14-15% of smokers actually get lung cancer. You'd have to broaden the scope and include smoking related illnesses.

Fair enough - although I have to wonder just how many smokers would get lung cancer if something else didn't get them first. My grandfather smoked for 60+ years, and lung cancer is what finally got him, but it didn't develop until the last 2 years of his life or so (as he was still smoking).

Blake
03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
More.

and your source of information for this is?

03-23-2009, 04:44 PM
and your source of information for this is?

No source, just an opinion. I doubt you could get a definitive answer either way.

The Reckoning
03-23-2009, 04:46 PM
buy American Made all natural filtered cigars. they smoke like a cigarette and are made in San Antonio. since they are "cigars", they are not taxed and are only .99 cents a pack!

http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/finck/brand.asp?dept%5Fid=1060&brand%5Fid=2437&mscssid=XEUQFM0M11DG9H4XWDSUCN378RXGF754

oh...and you're welcome.

Blake
03-23-2009, 04:55 PM
No source, just an opinion. I doubt you could get a definitive answer either way.

figured.

03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
figured.

It wouldn't have been hard to figure if you actually read the thread.

03-23-2009, 05:15 PM
But since you wanted one:

...healthy individuals on average had lifetime health care costs of $417,000, compared with $371,000 for obese individuals and $326,000 for smokers, according to the study.

http://www.alliedquotes.com/Insider/2008/02/study-finds-that-health-insurance-costs.html

David Bowie
03-23-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't know why, but I love me some second hand smoke. I was never able to enhale ciggarete smoke (too rought on the lungs), but I love the act of smoking.

With that being said: ciagretts are bad for you: proven fact. What I don't understand is the hatered for smokers. It seems to me that its more acceptable these days to shoot up heroin then to light upa ciggarette every one in a while.

This reminds me of the SOuth Park EPesode: Death Camp of Tolerence, for those of you who follow the show.

Jekka
03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't know why, but I love me some second hand smoke. I was never able to enhale ciggarete smoke (too rought on the lungs), but I love the act of smoking.

With that being said: ciagretts are bad for you: proven fact. What I don't understand is the hatered for smokers. It seems to me that its more acceptable these days to shoot up heroin then to light upa ciggarette every one in a while.

This reminds me of the SOuth Park EPesode: Death Camp of Tolerence, for those of you who follow the show.

Personally, there are a number of factors for why I hate smoking so much - 1) my association with it is of my grandfather in his 70s hacking up phlegm and coughing death rattles all over the house. 2) The more I am away from smoke, the more vile it smells to me when I finally smell it again, and it gives me horrible headaches.

That being sad, I don't make it a point to proactively tell people, "You know that's bad for you, right?" And some smoke is worse than others - my best friend used to roll her own tobacco and it never offended me as badly as a pack of Camels (though she has since quit smoking).

Kriz-Maxima
03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
What I hate about smokers? The believe that because they chose to smoke I have to smoke too (second hand smoke) then when you tell them to go some place else to smoke they bitch about people not respecting their rights.

This happens to me at school at least one a week, people will sit next to you in the lobby, that is a non-smoking zone, and light one. After you get tired of coughing from having all that smoke in your face and asking them to either get rid of it or got smoke to another place, they either ignore you or bitch to you.

I don't care how badly you want to hurt yourself, just don't get me involved in it.

chode_regulator
03-23-2009, 06:09 PM

Kick the habit. Gotta break the chain somewhere.

If by older generations you mean the last thousand years or more.

Not quite a $1 increase ($0.62) and your friendly cigarette manufacturer is screwing you over by passing on the increase early:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/DN-smokers_21tex.ART.State.Edition2.4ac7038.html

A big jump in the federal excise tax on cigarettes – from 39 cents a pack to $1.01 – is now being factored into prices charged by the major tobacco companies in advance of the April 1 effective date of the new rate.
I think I saw an article a week or so ago saying after this 60ish cent raise another one is coming along right behind it. Def screwing over a certain group in ordre to pay for something else. Booze is going the same route I beileve.

<<-- glad she quit.

Glad I quit too, but the longer I go (7 months now) the harder it's getting.

chode_regulator
03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Everytime you see a doctor they'll tell you to quit smoking or you'll die ... that's not limited to imminent terminal cancer situations. :lol
I love how everythign will get better faster if you quit smoking. I would go to the doc for like falling and bumping my head and he'd say "you would heal faster if you don't smoke. and this wouldn't have happened if yuo didn't smoke" etc

good point

http://www.alliedquotes.com/Insider/2008/02/study-finds-that-health-insurance-costs.html

hahaha owned

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I quit after smoking for about 25 years or so ... just because I felt like it, and I know lots of other people that have, too. So yeah, people kick the addiction all the time. Jacking the price up the last time, though, was a big motivator for me ... I can't lie.

Nice job! My Dad smoked for 45 years and 6-7 years ago they told him straight up,"You will die within a year if you don't stop today". He did and it was tough on him. He has a clean bill of health from the doctors. He is 66 years old and doesn't have lung cancer,breathing problems, his heart is now in good shape thanks to a simple operation. He is in good shape.

jack sommerset
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
You should be able to smoke if you want. The Government is only trying to make money. Its easy to nail smokers now a days. Its the in thing to do. Over time that will change to, just like prohibition in the 20's.

Obstructed_View
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM

They kick the habit all the time. I quit seven years ago after smoking for 20 years. If I can do it, anybody can. My anger at the government that keeps heaping taxes on it was a big motivating factor.

exstatic
03-23-2009, 07:09 PM

+1

LOTS of people quit every year, JS. I quit nine years ago. In spite of the fact that it's an addictive substance and hard as hell to quit, it IS still a voluntary behavior.

Blake
03-23-2009, 07:27 PM

Was it too hard to read the entire article you posted about some weak ass research study in the Netherlands?

here's more from your article:

As it says at Kaiser's Daily Report, "healthy individuals on average had lifetime health care costs of $417,000, compared with $371,000 for obese individuals and $326,000 for smokers, according to the study."

Common sense dictates that since obese people and smokers die younger than healthy people, those healthy people might end up paying more for health insurance.

But here's the thing, the study didn't take into account two very important factors: prescription drugs, and quality of life.

Prescription drugs are a billion dollar enterprise here in the US, and as this generation ages, life spans are being extended due to the use of expensive drugs. Sure, it might cost less for an obese person to die young, but what if that person lives longer due to the use of expensive medications? That's a person who will certainly have very high health insurance premiums.

And then there's quality of life to think about. The leader of the study, an economist by the way, states that "lung cancer is a cheap disease to treat because people don't survive very long." This is true, but isn't it worth another $40,000 to live longer, and enjoy living your life at the same time?

After all, that's what health insurance was originally supposed to provide - piece of mind, and the means to keep living the healthy, happy life that we all deserve.

self owned. nice work.

It's also not too hard to figure out why many, many, many, focking many corporations are offering incentives for their employees to stay healthy:

because it cuts down on the premiums, dumbass.

Let me know if you need more help with this one.

03-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Was it too hard to read the entire article you posted about some weak ass research study in the Netherlands?

here's more from your article:

self owned. nice work.

It's also not too hard to figure out why many, many, many, focking many corporations are offering incentives for their employees to stay healthy:

because it cuts down on the premiums, dumbass.

Let me know if you need more help with this one.

I never stated it was a fact and made it quite clear for a douche like you who likes to argue semantics that it was solely my opinion. I wasn't providing the link as a base for my argument(you know, because I already said I had no source), just information on the topic. Having said that, how do I self-own myself after I say that it's my opinion and it probably will never be proven either way?

Douchebaggery at its best.

phyzik
03-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Fuck you smoker haters. Self-rightous bitches.

I smoke obviously.

I have no problem going outside or being designated to a certain area of a bar/restrutrant. Thats not the big deal for me. What pisses me off is when I go to a designated area, someone HAS to ask me to put it out..... ummm... FUCK YOU!!!

For example, I was at a resturant that had a DESIGNATED area for smoking. There was PLENTY of non-smoking seating. A couple and thier baby came and sat in the booth right next to us and had the fucking NERVE to ask us to put out our cigarettes IN THE FUCKING SMOKING SECTION!!!

Needless to say, I told them to fuck off and sit someplace else.... and thats curbing what I actually said. You fucking non-smokers think you should have EVERYTHING!

look, I know I have a bad habbit but you need to understand that I dont mind that habbit and dont mind going "out of the way" for you pricks. Just stay the fuck away from me and out of my business and I will stay out of yours. Its that simple.

Just today, I lit up a smoke near my vehicle WAY outside of H.E.B. and some bitch (probably one of you cocksuckers) tell me the old go-to line "you know, thats bad for you." I replied "So is not minding your own fucking business."

I bet some of you asslickers smoke pot too. It will be the same shit for you when the shit is made legal.

Fuck off you self-rightous pricks.

El Jefe
03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
As someone who is dealing with the imminent loss of a close relative due to a smoking related illness (I believe the time line is now measured in days, not weeks) I'm finding it hard to muster any sympathy for a tax hike on tobacco.

She smoked for years before the danger was known, and she smoked for years after the danger was known. She quit quite some time ago, but the damage to her lungs was already done, and the ensuing bouts of pneumonia have taken their toll. I never had much of an urge to smoke before, but after watching her decline, I'll pretty much actively attempt to keep anyone close to me from smoking ever again.

I don't get the smokers outrage over others not wanting smoke in their presence either. I won't bother trying to get you to quit, you are an adult and can make decisions for yourself. You know what is involved and have made the choice that the benefit of smoking outweighs the risks, and I respect that. That's your choice, and no one should be able to take that away from you. I don't expect you to make that choice for those around you however. Stick to designated smoking areas, and we're cool. You get to smoke, I get to avoid the smoke, everyone is happy. This should not be difficult.

Whisky Dog
03-23-2009, 11:36 PM
This is why weed smokers should hope it is never made legal, just decriminalized. The govt will fuck it all up, fill it with trash to make you addicted, and tax the shit out of it to make money off of you. They would tax you for the air you breathe to pay for their bullshit spending if they could.

Whisky Dog
03-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Does anyone else feel like we are coming full circle as a country, that the very factors that helped provoke the American Revolution are increasingly becoming present in modern day American govt?

phyzik
03-23-2009, 11:39 PM
As someone who is dealing with the imminent loss of a close relative due to a smoking related illness (I believe the time line is now measured in days, not weeks) I'm finding it hard to muster any sympathy for a tax hike on tobacco.

She smoked for years before the danger was known, and she smoked for years after the danger was known. She quit quite some time ago, but the damage to her lungs was already done, and the ensuing bouts of pneumonia have taken their toll. I never had much of an urge to smoke before, but after watching her decline, I'll pretty much actively attempt to keep anyone close to me from smoking ever again.

I don't get the smokers outrage over others not wanting smoke in their presence either. I won't bother trying to get you to quit, you are an adult and can make decisions for yourself. You know what is involved and have made the choice that the benefit of smoking outweighs the risks, and I respect that. That's your choice, and no one should be able to take that away from you. I don't expect you to make that choice for those around you however. Stick to designated smoking areas, and we're cool. You get to smoke, I get to avoid the smoke, everyone is happy. This should not be difficult.

Thats what Im saying as a Smoker. I HAVE NO PROBLEM sticking to the designated areas. The problem comes from assholes who come into those area's and get offended when someone lights a smoke. Fuck them.

Slydragon
03-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Rape+Cigs=

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5357/kobecig.jpg

SpursStalker
03-24-2009, 08:01 AM

I smoke obviously.

I have no problem going outside or being designated to a certain area of a bar/restrutrant. Thats not the big deal for me. What pisses me off is when I go to a designated area, someone HAS to ask me to put it out..... ummm... FUCK YOU!!!

For example, I was at a resturant that had a DESIGNATED area for smoking. There was PLENTY of non-smoking seating. A couple and thier baby came and sat in the booth right next to us and had the fucking NERVE to ask us to put out our cigarettes IN THE FUCKING SMOKING SECTION!!!

Needless to say, I told them to fuck off and sit someplace else.... and thats curbing what I actually said. You fucking non-smokers think you should have EVERYTHING!

look, I know I have a bad habbit but you need to understand that I dont mind that habbit and dont mind going "out of the way" for you pricks. Just stay the fuck away from me and out of my business and I will stay out of yours. Its that simple.

Just today, I lit up a smoke near my vehicle WAY outside of H.E.B. and some bitch (probably one of you cocksuckers) tell me the old go-to line "you know, thats bad for you." I replied "So is not minding your own fucking business."
I bet some of you asslickers smoke pot too. It will be the same shit for you when the shit is made legal.

Amen!!

JudynTX
03-24-2009, 08:03 AM

:tu Good for you. You did it cold turkey huh? :wow

Blake
03-24-2009, 08:30 AM

I smoke obviously.

smoking is bad for you

Das Texan
03-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Ya like every smoker could quit tomorrow if they all wanted to anyway.

SpursStalker
03-24-2009, 08:47 AM
smoking is bad for you

*spank*

JudynTX
03-24-2009, 08:49 AM
*spank*

You said you would quit smoking, remember? :nope :lol

SpursStalker
03-24-2009, 08:53 AM
You said you would quit smoking, remember? :nope :lol

If that is what it takes to get my car ...

:lol

JudynTX
03-24-2009, 08:58 AM
If that is what it takes to get my car ...

:lol

:wakeup

SpursStalker
03-24-2009, 09:02 AM
:wakeup

Ok, Ms. Part Time Smoker ...

:p:

JudynTX
03-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Ok, Ms. Part Time Smoker ...

Blake
03-24-2009, 09:12 AM
she's a part time smoker...

full time party machine

JudynTX
03-24-2009, 09:13 AM
she's a part time smoker...

full time party machine

:tu You got that right bud!

shelshor
03-24-2009, 09:59 AM
buy American Made all natural filtered cigars. they smoke like a cigarette and are made in San Antonio. since they are "cigars", they are not taxed and are only .99 cents a pack!

http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/finck/brand.asp?dept%5Fid=1060&brand%5Fid=2437&mscssid=XEUQFM0M11DG9H4XWDSUCN378RXGF754

oh...and you're welcome.

They are taxed--current tax on cigars is between 4 & 5 cents/cigar; on 1 April, the tax increases to 40 cents/cigar, which is less draconian than the proposal that came out of Congress about 1 1/2 years ago-on some cigars, the tax would have gone as high as $20.00/cigar

SpursWoman
03-24-2009, 10:26 AM
:tu Good for you. You did it cold turkey huh? :wow

I used Chantix ... it worked great for me. July 24 will be 2 years. :)

Glad I quit too, but the longer I go (7 months now) the harder it's getting.

I still have pretty strong urges every once in a while, even after this long. Especially when I get upset ... but don't give in! I was behind this lady in line buying some, and it was $6.22 for a pack of Marlboros at Valero this morning! Holy smokes! :wow :lol

SpursStalker
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
full time party machine

How would you know?

*wink*

Blake
03-24-2009, 11:04 AM
How would you know?

*wink*

I think everyone knows...

*wink wink*

fraga
03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Hopefully they won't start taxing the sh!t out of candy and junkfood...or all the fat people are gonna be pissed...

SpursStalker
03-24-2009, 11:09 AM
I think everyone knows...

*wink wink*

I didn't say anything ...

:wow :lol

baseline bum
03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I still have pretty strong urges every once in a while, even after this long. Especially when I get upset ... but don't give in! I was behind this lady in line buying some, and it was $6.22 for a pack of Marlboros at Valero this morning! Holy smokes! :wow :lol

I'm not a smoker, but fuck; that's insane.

JudynTX
03-24-2009, 11:23 AM
I used Chantix ... it worked great for me. July 24 will be 2 years. :)

You don't get the urge when you are drinking? :D I've cut down too, only smoke when I drink, and even then I don't know why I smoke.

My mother-in-law quit many years ago as well, but she still chews the gum. :lol

englishspursfan
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Amen!!

try going to europe where they have banned smoking from the pubs ,all they managed to do was close down 150 year old pubs as no one wants to go out an smoke in the cold.in seattle they tried to have smoking an non smoking bars,the non smoking bars were empty but the smoking pubs were busy an had an atmosphere with the non smokers also rinking there.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I went to Dennys the day they were giving the breakfast away. I walked in to see how long the wait was. Easily 70-100 people waiting inside and out. To long of wait for a 5 dollar meal.As I was leaving this turd of a woman standing in middle of the waiting room started yelling " Who is smoking, I smell smoke, you can't be smoking in here, I don't want to die because of you" Everyone started to turn their head looking for the filthy fucker. Noone was smoking. Someone said it was probably coming from outside. The lady said "if I smell it, it can still hurt me" She just went off. People in that crowded place slowy moved far from her. She was an island with her friend. It was really funny but now when I hear assholes go off on smokers. I think of that dramatic bitch. You just don't know how fucking lame you really are.

Spurminator
03-24-2009, 05:02 PM
A lot of people spend $25-$35 a week on coffee. Compared to that, $6.50 for 20 cigarettes still isn't that bad a deal.

Bender
03-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I spend up to $6.50 for one cigar.

chode_regulator
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM

I smoke obviously.

Preach it brotha. I might start smoking again just to have the opportunity to flip out on someone. I hate how people always act self righteous towards smokers.

Does anyone else feel like we are coming full circle as a country, that the very factors that helped provoke the American Revolution are increasingly becoming present in modern day American govt?
yes

Oh, one of those people. :ihit

balli
03-25-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm not a smoker hater, but fuck em, I'm all for sin taxes of any kind. I wish the govt. would rape me financially by taxing the shit out of weed. You don't know how good you have it.

"you know, thats bad for you." I replied "So is not minding your own fucking business."
I can tell by that one sentence that that bitch deserves to get hit by a cement truck. The fucking nerve of some people to interfere in the lives and decisions of others is beyond me.

Brutalis
03-25-2009, 12:46 AM
I smoke, and have tried to quite several times. Hopefully I can try harder under these circumstances.

It's a shitty habit and unlike my personality. Taxing it to me kinda sucks but is good motivation.

However I think some people overreact about the whole smoking thing. It has a lot to do with just habits and self indulgence as well. Lighten up.

Leetonidas
03-25-2009, 07:27 AM
It's too bad tons of faggot high school kids are constantly lighting up cigarettes because they think it's cool or whatever and they end up getting hooked on that shit. Fuck cancer sticks.

Bukefal
03-25-2009, 08:12 AM
cigarettes over here are 6.80 dollars. Its all about the money they get, taxation. and they know people are still going to smoke, even if many started to quit.

DarkReign
03-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Started taking Chantix today.

The doctor wrote me the prescription in January.

I dont want to quit, I like smoking. But its expensive, I smoke too much and will die of cancer sooner rather than later (I will die of cancer...and so will you, sorry, welcome to the industrialized world!).

Oh well, $6.50 per pack is....fucking insane. I started smoking when they were $1.60.

Oh, btw, I wont be a pussy and bitch about people smoking around me at all after I am done for good. Bunch of little bitches...'Whaa! Smoke! OMG!" Grow the fuck up. You want to hang out with adults, theyre going to do adult things. You want to hang out with the government-protected children, take your sorry ass to the playland at McDonalds with the other kids. Hope you choke on a ball...

Bigzax
03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic_images/115.gif

SpursStalker
03-25-2009, 12:02 PM
*puff puff pass*

jack sommerset
03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Here is a link for the smokers on how to make ur own. It was written last year but will still save you money. Its a start.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/798109/how_to_make_your_own_cigarettes_and.html

peewee's lovechild
03-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm going to grow my own tobacco.

That's how I'm going to beat the system.

LockBeard
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm all for a Sin Tax on raising taxes.

jack sommerset
03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm going to grow my own tobacco.

That's how I'm going to beat the system.

Great stocking stuffers.

LockBeard
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
The fucking nerve of some people to interfere in the lives and decisions of others is beyond me.

No shit. See Government, Environmental Groups....oh wait.

- To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

balli
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
No shit. See Government, Environmental Groups....oh wait.

Yeah, because clean air, water and open land is such an audacious perpetration against your person. If you're even classified as such.

We're talking about a smoking related interaction between two fucking people. So please, put your muzzle on and give the anti-liberal hate screed a fucking rest. Clown.

peewee's lovechild
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
- To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

He's also they guy who held dear the practice of fucking his slaves and ignoring his obligations to the children he had with said slaves.

The Reckoning
03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
He's also they guy who held dear the practice of fucking his slaves and ignoring his obligations to the children he had with said slaves.

uhhhh has nothing to do with the topic. damn revisionists try to cloud history with bullshit.

peewee's lovechild
03-25-2009, 02:15 PM
uhhhh has nothing to do with the topic. damn revisionists try to cloud history with bullshit.

It's revisionist to point out that he fucked Sarah Jennings?

You're awesome.