PDA

View Full Version : Stan Lee would be proud: Firefighter rescues boy using spiderman costume

RandomGuy
03-24-2009, 11:34 AM
BANGKOK (AFP) – A Thai fireman turned superhero when he dressed up as comic-book character Spider-Man to coax a frightened eight-year-old from a balcony, police said Tuesday.

Teachers at a special needs school in Bangkok alerted authorities on Monday when an autistic pupil, scared of attending his first day at school, sat out on the third-floor ledge and refused to come inside, a police sergeant told AFP.

Despite teachers' efforts to beckon the boy inside, he refused to budge until his mother mentioned her son's love of superheroes, prompting fireman Sonchai Yoosabai to take a novel approach to the problem.

The rescuer dashed back to his fire station and made a quick change into a Spider-Man costume before returning to the boy, he said.

"I told him Spider-Man is here to rescue you, no monsters are going to attack you and I told him to walk slowly towards me as running could be dangerous," Somchai told local television.

The young boy immediately stood up and walked into his rescuer's arms, police said.

Somchai said he keeps the Spider-Man costume and an outfit of Japanese television character Ultraman at the station in order to liven up school fire drills.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090324/od_afp/thailandchildrenoffbeat

--------------------------------------------------------

Somehow I don't think that Marvel or Stan Lee will mind. I think the guy was bloody brilliant, if it was his idea.

BacktoBasics
03-24-2009, 11:39 AM
instead of grabbing the kid and bringing him to safety I'll just take the next 20 minutes to mosey on back to the ole fire station and grab my costume.

peewee's lovechild
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
instead of grabbing the kid and bringing him to safety I'll just take the next 20 minutes to mosey on back to the ole fire station and grab my costume.

:lol:lol

Fuck the kid.

This is all about a grown man getting to live out one of his fantasies.

Myself . . . I would've dressed up as Darth Vader. I don't give a fuck if it would've scared the kid and made him fall.

baseline bum
03-24-2009, 11:48 AM
:lol:lol

Fuck the kid.

This is all about a grown man getting to live out one of his fantasies.

Myself . . . I would've dressed up as Darth Vader. I don't give a fuck if it would've scared the kid and made him fall.

:lol

RandomGuy
03-24-2009, 11:51 AM

Kid was autistic. Jumping out on the ledge as a total stranger might have caused him to spook and accidentally fall off, Mr. Cynical.

Slydragon
03-24-2009, 12:02 PM
tasered him

peewee's lovechild
03-24-2009, 12:58 PM
tasered him

How do you say "DON'T TASER ME BRO!!" in Tai?