PDA

View Full Version : A Word To The Wise- The Pitt

balli
03-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Don't download The Pitt for Fallout 3. Not yet anyway. Kept crashing my 360 every time I tried to enter the gate to downtown Pittsburg. Tried it 4 times, never got in without my machine freezing. Very buggy on the way to it. A lot of textures popping in and out. Don't know how the fuck Bethesda releases such a shit-pile, but they did. I mean good hell, I like and appreciate Bethesda and I still do, but how the fuck they decide to put out thoroughly broken DLC? If you're on a timeline and can't get it done, delay the motherfucker, but don't sell people broken software that you had to know was broken.

They've since pulled it from the marketplace and I've found a neoseeker thread and Bethesda itself had some threads about a soon to be released fix. Once again, why the fuck they would release it in the first place is beyond me.

Anyway, it was frustrating. If you were planning on dl'ing it, wait awhile.

jman3000
03-24-2009, 04:25 PM
i was gonna get it... but if they pulled it then it'd be impossible to get anyway. Thanks for the heads up though.

I was planning on not playing again until Broken Steel comes out anyway. I was just gonna get The Pitt and BS at the same time. Already have OpAnch but I haven't played it.

scientology
03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Nice heads up! :tu

Cue in koriwhat who knows the man who designed the software.

ManuTP9
03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
thanks for telling me i was going to download earlier but then i didnt have enough micro points, so i get back on later and its not there anymore. But yeah i cant wait for broken steel, i cant wait for the Pitt either but broken steel will be more better because there adding new enemies in it.

jman3000
03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
and they're also raising the level cap to 30 for Broken Steel.

ManuTP9
03-24-2009, 11:04 PM
and they're also raising the level cap to 30 for Broken Steel.

holy shit sweet, im currently on level 16

balli
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Bethesda has got to be fucking kidding me!!!

Is their "Pitt" dev team on fucking drugs or something? They put it back up on marketplace. THE PIECE OF SHIT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! You can get a little bit further this time, but yeah, still fucking broken. Some dude is supposed to make a speech and he just doesn't, thereby trapping you in a courtyard you can't get out of. I tried to load up my save right before that and it froze.

These fucking assclowns. I sent em a really cordial email praising their company and asking for "a working if not speedy fix." And not that I expected they needed my advice. It seemed like it didn't need to be said, but fuck, what do they put out, the exact opposite; a speedy, broken, fucked up fix.

If they don't pull it from the marketplace again, don't download it for a fucking month or two. These unscrupulous fucks. :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:wakeup:wakeup:downspin: :smokin

ManuTP9
03-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Bethesda has got to be fucking kidding me!!!

Is their "Pitt" dev team on fucking drugs or something? They put it back up on marketplace. THE PIECE OF SHIT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! You can get a little bit further this time, but yeah, still fucking broken. Some dude is supposed to make a speech and he just doesn't, thereby trapping you in a courtyard you can't get out of. I tried to load up my save right before that and it froze.

These fucking assclowns. I sent em a really cordial email praising their company and asking for "a working if not speedy fix." And not that I expected they needed my advice. It seemed like it didn't need to be said, but fuck, what do they put out, the exact opposite; a speedy, broken, fucked up fix.

If they don't pull it from the marketplace again, don't download it for a fucking month or two. These unscrupulous fucks. :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:wakeup:wakeup:downspin: :smokin

Holy shit, i just downloaded it today , i havent encountered any problems or glitches yet, the Pitt however is good but Broken Steel will kick ass

baseline bum
03-26-2009, 03:51 AM
Don't download The Pitt for Fallout 3. Not yet anyway. Kept crashing my 360 every time I tried to enter the gate to downtown Pittsburg. Tried it 4 times, never got in without my machine freezing. Very buggy on the way to it. A lot of textures popping in and out. Don't know how the fuck Bethesda releases such a shit-pile, but they did. I mean good hell, I like and appreciate Bethesda and I still do, but how the fuck they decide to put out thoroughly broken DLC? If you're on a timeline and can't get it done, delay the motherfucker, but don't sell people broken software that you had to know was broken.

They've since pulled it from the marketplace and I've found a neoseeker thread and Bethesda itself had some threads about a soon to be released fix. Once again, why the fuck they would release it in the first place is beyond me.

Anyway, it was frustrating. If you were planning on dl'ing it, wait awhile.

How did Microsoft ever certify it? Any time a new game or a major addition like that is released for XBox360, PS3, etc., they have to submit it to MS, Sony, Nintendo, etc. so they can test and certify it. Sadly, any game producer is going to send it out ASAP the second it passes a submission to Microsoft. Sounds like Bethesda might have sent an unfinished title update to MS to see what they would get failed on, and the idiots in Redmond actually ok'ed it. :bang

Al Gore
03-26-2009, 06:44 AM
My girlfriend bought Desperate housewives PC game it full crappy as hell. pages didn't load and it would freeze up the pc. I goggled it and millions were bitching also.

I think the software company's don't care about to product as long as there is a quick profit to be made.

Insert captain obvious gif.

balli
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
How did Microsoft ever certify it?
Yeah, I'm pissed at Major Nelson too. It's just unbelievable. I don't know if they sent it to Redmond expecting a rejection, or not, but somebody, somewhere really screwed the pooch on this one.

I think the software company's don't care about to product as long as there is a quick profit to be made.
Honestly, I thought Bethesda was better than that. Traditionally, their games are usually kind of buggy, but it's not for lack of effort on their part; that's just the nature of massive RPGs. And usually, they're pretty damn good on the technical support side of things.

But the traditional bugs they're known for don't even compare to this. It's not just buggy, it's fucking broken. Unplayable. Which I don't understand? It's a fucking 450 MB file. They can't get 450 MB worth of software to function at even the most basic of levels before they sell that shit to people? I'm really pissed about this. A waste of time and money. In fact, consumerist.com, here I come.

baseline bum
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Honestly, I thought Bethesda was better than that. Traditionally, their games are usually kind of buggy, but it's not for lack of effort on their part; that's just the nature of massive RPGs. And usually, they're pretty damn good on the technical support side of things.

But the traditional bugs they're known for don't even compare to this. It's not just buggy, it's fucking broken. Unplayable. Which I don't understand? It's a fucking 450 MB file. They can't get 450 MB worth of software to function at even the most basic of levels before they sell that shit to people? I'm really pissed about this. A waste of time and money. In fact, consumerist.com, here I come.

Oblivion was like that for months. One of the daedric quests crashed every single time unless you started transporting yourself all over the map at the exact right moment. Game publishers do not give a fuck if the game works if they can get that cert, and it's standard practice to send broken games out to be certified. They can take their time fixing bugs once people own the game and thus can slash their QA budgets almost overnight.

baseline bum
03-26-2009, 04:02 PM
At the same time, it might be a necessary evil with the cost of developing and producing games nowadays. If you factor inflation in, a $60 XBox360 game today costs a few cents more in today's dollars than a $29.95 NES game did back in '85 when Nintendo started getting big, even though the costs of the game are enormous. You could seriously do a good Nintendo game with 1 or 2 programmers, an art guy, a sound guy, and a tester or two. Nowadays games are so much more complex, you're needing 15+ programmers, a few mission scripters, a few art people, some sound guys, massive QA departments, and they're all working pretty significant overtime... plus, you're likely to be paying huge money for a game engine unless you're Epic, Valve, or Bethesda. If you made your own engine, than you have spent huge huge money developing it.

IronMexican
03-26-2009, 07:20 PM
FO3 wasn't on the level of Oblivion anyways. I can't wait for a ES:5 announcement.

IronMexican
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I DL'd the Pitt. About to play it.

balli
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I played through it last night and today. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy shorter than had been impressed upon me.

IronMexican
04-18-2009, 04:04 PM
The Pitt was pretty boring