PDA

View Full Version : AC Milan, Inter Milan and Chelsea to play in the U.S

lefty
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
For you, soccer nuts living in the U.S :hat

AC Milan, Inter, Chelsea and Club America to tour the U.S. this summer
Posted by Brant Parsons on Mar 24, 2009 1:37:58 PM
Discuss This: Comments (1) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

AC Milan and Inter Milan will play each other outside of Europe for only the second-ever time this summer at Gillette Stadium on July 26.

That match headlines a six-game round-robin consisting of the Italian sides, Chelsea and Club America that will visit New England, Atlanta, Pasadena, Baltimore, Arlington (Texas) and Palo Alto (California).

The announcement for the World Football Challenge was made today.

Somewhat good news for those of us in the south - at least Atlanta is closer than where these games usually are.

No way of knowing just how full of stars these sides will be in late July, but it should still make for some big crowds in the U.S.

Sunday, July 19
Club America vs. FC Internazionale Milano at Stanford Stadium (Palo Alto, Calif.)
7 p.m. EST on ESPN2

Tuesday, July 21
Chelsea FC vs. FC Internazionale Milano at the Rose Bowl (Pasadena, Calif.)
11 p.m. EST on ESPN2

Wednesday, July 22
AC Milan vs. Club America at the Georgia Dome (Atlanta, Ga.)
7 p.m. EST on ESPN2

Friday, July 24
AC Milan vs. Chelsea FC at M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, Md.)
8 p.m. EST on ESPN

Sunday, July 26
AC Milan vs. FC Internazionale Milano at Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
5 p.m. EST on ESPN2

Sunday, July 26
Chelsea FC vs. Club America at Cowboy Stadium (Arlington, Texas)
7 p.m. EST on ESPN2

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_soccerblog/2009/03/ac-milan-inter-chelsea-and-club-america-to-tour-the-us-this-summer.html

SAtown
03-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Las Aguilas are going to get their asses kicked :lmao

SAtown
03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Hopefully this is before Kaka and Ibra go to Real Madrid

lefty
03-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Hopefully this is before Kaka and Ibra go to Real Madrid

Man, I really hope Kaka goes to Real next season.

mFFL03
03-24-2009, 07:15 PM
just bought tix to chelsea!!!

9th row biatches!

lefty
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
just bought tix to chelsea!!!

9th row biatches!

:toast

mFFL03
03-24-2009, 11:58 PM
:toast

yah, the writer of the article wonders if teams will be at full strength. I don't see why.

Englands world cup qualifiers are June 6 and Sept 6.

I don't think Chelsea will make it to Champions league final......but who knows. Even if they do, that's in early June?

Plenty of time to rest up.

Bukefal
03-25-2009, 09:11 AM
With Guus hiddink, I think they will

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM

No shit at least we got fatass Cabanas. He's a G though :lol :lol

But my two favorite teams playing against each other again. I think they played in Palo Alto last time. And I do remember when America was kicking Barcelonas ass a couple years back. Only reason we lost is because of the lax substitution rules in the preseason. They were able to substitute like 6 or 7 players which of course is 6 or 7 fresh superstars for them :rolleyes

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
With Guus hiddink, I think they will

I hope you're right :toast :toast

SAtown
03-25-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't think Chelsea will make it to Champions league final......but who knows. Even if they do, that's in early June?

27 May 2009

http://i40.tinypic.com/2u8cxl4.jpg

mFFL03
03-25-2009, 01:25 PM
27 May 2009

http://i40.tinypic.com/2u8cxl4.jpg

Last year's was amazing. Although the stats were horrible for Chelsea. What was it? Like 17 shots but only 1 or 2 on goal. pssh.

Isn't the Gold Cup expected to play at Jerry World too? If true, that means US vs Mexico is a very real possibility to be at the cowboys new statium in the summer.

so exciting for TX/Mex soccer fans.

SAtown
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Last year's was amazing. Although the stats were horrible for Chelsea. What was it? Like 17 shots but only 1 or 2 on goal. pssh.

One John Terry pk away from winning the whole thing...

tw05baller
04-02-2009, 11:34 PM
row 12 woot

Libri
04-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Arlington :toast

tw05baller
07-21-2009, 05:59 PM
anyone know what the parking will be like in arlington

lefty
07-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I got to see Zidane in Montreal a few weeks ago.

And Im gonna see Real Madrid vs Toronto FC in August.

Karim Benzema Algerian Power baby woohooooooooooooooooooooooooo

mFFL03
07-23-2009, 10:49 PM
anyone know what the parking will be like in arlington

There won't be any Ranger's game going on that day so it should be just fine. I think I'm going to park near the Rangers stadium, some cook in my cafeteria at work went to the Mexico game and said that he parked at a hotel near there for 20 bucks. He said it took him about 10 minutes to walk.

He said official parking closer to the stadium was 40 bucks a pop. Apparently the city of Arlington just passed new ordinances (probably only in effect for cowboys games) that would limit parking spaces for the Cowboys stadium forcing people to choose stadium parking over the neighboring choices. What doesn't make sense is having 30,000 parking spaces for 90,000 fans.

Sense
07-23-2009, 11:56 PM

:lol

in2deep
07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm about to head to to this shit:
Friday, July 24
8 p.m. EST on ESPN

hater
07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm about to head to to this shit:
Friday, July 24
8 p.m. EST on ESPN

me too holmes!

I don't even know who plays in these teams. Going with this brazilian chick, she bought the tickets. I don't care who wins as long as I end up scoring :)

tw05baller
07-25-2009, 09:29 PM
finally here tomorrow

mFFL03
07-26-2009, 11:05 PM
great event...but in other ways, somewhat of a let down.

Chelsea pulled a big snub to the US soccer/English soccer fans in Dallas by sitting most of their top players.

While my mind and other people did warn me of it maybe being a possibility, I shrugged it off. "This is why they are here" I would tell myself, to show off the engine and parts of the machine.

Instead the coach pulled the plug maybe fearing since it was the "final" match that mexico players would play with more heart and determination. Audible cheers of "we want drogba" and hearing children, CHILDREN ask "is lampard gonna play?" is not only disturbing to me but to dedicated fans of the sport.

Protecting your players is one thing, but jesus. Give the people at least 20 minutes of the best players on the field.

If Manchester United were here doing the same thing....I feel strongly they would NOT do this.

As for the stadium...it's every wet dream you could ever imagine. It's absolutely colossal. However, being so big the gaping holes (probably due to high ticket prices in some areas) were very obvious. 2nd level which is the "wine and cheese crowd", had barley anyone in them.

4 sections, lets say that could hold around 400 people in them, only had about 50-100 people in each respectable section.

Total attendance: a little under 58K. WAY below the other events that were in the upper and middle 70K. Jerry missed out on some good money.

tw05baller
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
great event...but in other ways, somewhat of a let down.

Chelsea pulled a big snub to the US soccer/English soccer fans in Dallas by sitting most of their top players.

While my mind and other people did warn me of it maybe being a possibility, I shrugged it off. "This is why they are here" I would tell myself, to show off the engine and parts of the machine.

Instead the coach pulled the plug maybe fearing since it was the "final" match that mexico players would play with more heart and determination. Audible cheers of "we want drogba" and hearing children, CHILDREN ask "is lampard gonna play?" is not only disturbing to me but to dedicated fans of the sport.

Protecting your players is one thing, but jesus. Give the people at least 20 minutes of the best players on the field.

If Manchester United were here doing the same thing....I feel strongly they would NOT do this.

As for the stadium...it's every wet dream you could ever imagine. It's absolutely colossal. However, being so big the gaping holes (probably due to high ticket prices in some areas) were very obvious. 2nd level which is the "wine and cheese crowd", had barley anyone in them.

4 sections, lets say that could hold around 400 people in them, only had about 50-100 people in each respectable section.

Total attendance: a little under 58K. WAY below the other events that were in the upper and middle 70K. Jerry missed out on some good money.

agreed. not playing the top players for even a few minutes was a major letdown