PDA

View Full Version : Why don't give rest to TD? Part II

Josepatches_
03-24-2009, 06:23 PM
I can't understand why people are talking about TD playing tonight and rest next game.No sense to me.He's not going to be better.He has to rest months and we don't have time but at least we have to give rest to him until the end of the regular season.

Yeah,we can be the 2nd seed but with TD's knees worse than ever so we dont have any chance to win

It's better to be 4th or 5th with TD feeling better than to be 2nd with TD at 50% or less.

He has to rest one game per week right now but we are not going to have games to rest him in the playoffs.

Right now IMO we are in a race which it's going to end with an early exit in the playoffs.We could have more chance if we sit TD

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 06:25 PM
I can't understand why people are talking about TD playing tonight and rest next game.No sense to me.He's not going to be better.He has to rest months and we don't have time but at least we have to give rest to him until the end of the regular season.

Yeah,we can be the 2nd seed but with TD's knees worse than ever so we dont have any chance to win

It's better to be 4th or 5th with TD feeling better than to be 2nd with TD at 50% or less.

He has to rest one game per week right now but we are not going to have games to rest him in the playoffs.

Right now IMO we are in a race which it's going to end with an early exit in the playoffs.We could have more chance if we sit TD
What Tim has is something that is good on some days, bad on others. Yes, it will take months to be healthy, but when he gets rest, it feels a lot better, hence the reason he rests on second games of a back to back.

Bukefal
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
indeed, ive said this couple of times before, he should not play in the next few games, that would be better for him, and better for the spurs and the results. pleasse let him rest.

Cause, he isnt focused, he misses alot, he seems tired, and looks like he is going to collapse when looking him on the court. Rest him for these last regular season games,, so he'll be 100% for the playoffs

SpursFan0728
03-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I think some of the people here have mentioned this before. Duncan's injury isn't those ones that you will get better if you rest. It had bothered him before and he was able to work through it.

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 06:38 PM
I think some of the people here have mentioned this before. Duncan's injury isn't those ones that you will get better if you rest. It had bothered him before and he was able to work through it.
My wife's uncle runs the company that gives away the motorcycle at a Spurs game every year, "Rockin J." He also has season tickets very close to the Spurs bench, and because of his promotions, he gets to go on road trips with the Spurs on the plane. He's also developed a relationship with some of the coaches. He asked Coach Bud about Tim, and what Bud told him was the it was the equivalency of having a real bad bruise without being able to see the bruise. If that's correct, it is something that will heal over time...and resting does help.

SpursFan0728
03-24-2009, 06:42 PM
My wife's uncle runs the company that gives away the motorcycle at a Spurs game every year, "Rockin J." He also has season tickets very close to the Spurs bench, and because of his promotions, he gets to go on road trips with the Spurs on the plane. He's also developed a relationship with some of the coaches. He asked Coach Bud about Tim, and what Bud told him was the it was the equivalency of having a real bad bruise without being able to see the bruise. If that's correct, it is something that will heal over time...and resting does help.

Resting over a few games wouldn't make a huge difference. From what I heard from others in ST, Duncan will probably need to rest the whole summer in order for his knee to fully heal.

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Resting over a few games wouldn't make a huge difference. From what I heard from others in ST, Duncan will probably need to rest the whole summer in order for his knee to fully heal.
Yes..but it's an injury that is good sometimes, and bad others, but resting does help it, and make it hurt less, and obviously, the less it hurts, the better.

SpursFan0728
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes..but it's an injury that is good sometimes, and bad others, but resting does help it, and make it hurt less, and obviously, the less it hurts, the better.

Ok lets say Duncan do rest for a few games. It wouldn't make a difference for him in the playoffs anyways. Does it?

Ps: thanks for the inside news from Coach bud. Great to know someone that is familiar with the spurs organization. :tu

Ditty
03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
how bout not

Bukefal
03-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Ok lets say Duncan do rest for a few games. It wouldn't make a difference for him in the playoffs anyways. Does it?

Ps: thanks for the inside news from Coach bud. Great to know someone that is familiar with the spurs organization. :tu

I think it will, he has a moment to work on himself, to rest and get focused on the very important games in playoffs. I think thats all better than let him play like he plays now like shit and continue to do so in the playoffs.

So a bit rest would have some positive effect on him. at least, i really hope so. Cause even though he is not like he used to be, and other spurs players have taken over his superstar level, and he lost it, he still is a key player, and we need every key player in this year's playoffs

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Yeah...hopefully it turns out accurate. I know he knows the coaches, and has a good relationship with him, but I wasn't there to hear the conversation, so I can't give it 100% accuracy. It's just what he told me.

vander
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree, sit TD until the playoffs, especially with Gooden here now

MaNu4Tres
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Tim has officially aged 20 years in one month.

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Timmy being Timmy tonight.

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
timmy went ODEN on us :(

superbigtime
03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
It doesn't matter because you ain't on the coaching staff. But from what Pop has said, he seems to indicate that he is sitting Timmy against Atlanta and without Tim I think there is much less chance of beating ATL. Whereas if you're going to avoid playing Tim two straight nights, many people including me like our chances against the Warriors without Tim than against the Hawks without him. But we barely beat POS Golden State WITH Tim tonight. I would really be impressed if we beat ATL without Timmy.

MaNu4Tres
03-24-2009, 10:13 PM
All of this is irrelevant if Tim's knees don't improve. If this is the Tim thats going to play for us in late April and May. We mine as well start our Free Agent threads.

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
All of this is irrelevant if Tim's knees don't improve. If this is the Tim thats going to play for us in late April and May. We mine as well start our Free Agent threads.
You mean the Timmy that scored 21 points and got 10 boards tonight? Um...I'd say that's not bad at all.

benefactor
03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
You mean the Timmy that scored 21 points and got 10 boards tonight? Um...I'd say that's not bad at all.
....in 24 minutes. :tu

MaNu4Tres
03-24-2009, 10:24 PM

It's been nearly a month since Tim has had an efficient game. It was about time. Although, he still looks like he's aged 10 years over the past 30 days. He just doesn't have the same footwork or quickness he had earlier this season.

And we did play the Warriors tonight.