PDA

View Full Version : President Obama's speech

clambake
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
it just occured to me what would make republicans happy.

he should give his address and answer questions as usual.....

but.....every answer should be the same......

he should make a shit eating grin and say " I'm doing this cuz I'm the decider".

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 07:18 PM
it just occured to me what would make republicans happy.

he should give his address and answer questions as usual.....

but.....every answer should be the same......

he should make a shit eating grin and say " I'm doing this cuz I'm the decider".
He'll say whatever the teleprompter tells him to say...even if it's with a thick Irish accent.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 07:19 PM
That was the most predictable Yoni post in the history of SpursTalk.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 07:19 PM
They went with the answers through a teleprompter to avoid the pictures of the package on the back. Change, obviously.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
He said "uh" -- I saw it!

It was on the teleprompter!

clambake
03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
the teleprompter should say "I'm the new decider".

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2009, 07:34 PM
he had 2hrs with australian PM KRUDD

Let's talk about sex, baby
Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be' Salt-N-Pepper

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
:lmao

There's the quote of the night.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
:lmao

There's the quote of the night.The "I like to know what I'm talking about" line?

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 07:46 PM
The "I like to know what I'm talking about" line?

I can see what he is talking about. He needed a couple of days to know what he was talking about when the tax payers gave AIG billions of dollars then have AIG give out almost 200 million dollars in bonuses to there employees. Obama is right that should take a couple of days to make sure he knew that was wrong.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I can see what he is talking about. He needed a couple of days to know what he was talking about when the tax payers gave AIG billions of dollars then have AIG give out almost 200 million dollars in bonuses to there employees. Obama is right that should take a couple of days to make sure he knew that was wrong.Why do you say the bonuses are wrong?

clambake
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
are you saying the billions that bush gave to aig were not used for bonuses?

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
I can see what he is talking about. He needed a couple of days to know what he was talking about when the tax payers gave AIG billions of dollars then have AIG give out almost 200 million dollars in bonuses to there employees. Obama is right that should take a couple of days to make sure he knew that was wrong.
Of course, he could have just read the piece of legislation that guaranteed the bonuses and been up to speed a long time ago.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 07:50 PM
are you saying the billions that bush gave to aig were not used for bonuses?
Apparently, very little of the money either of the President's "gave" to AIG is going to be used for bonuses. I think Barney Frank has just about terrorized them into refusing or returning the money.

clambake
03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
they're afraid of barney frank?

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Why do you say the bonuses are wrong?

Give us a break. Obama also said it was worng and took days to acknowledge it, thats why he is taxing 90 percent of AIG bonus money. But from what I heard the AIG employees that don't work over sea is given them back. Maybe they think they are wrong for taken them.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
they're afraid of barney frank?
I know he's an idiot but, his fomenting hate against these executives is what whipped up public sentiment against them.

He was demanding their names from the AIG CEO who refused because of the threats against their lives and their families. Barney Frank is a dangerous idiot.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Give us a break. Obama also said it was worng and took days to acknowledge it, thats why he is taxing 90 percent of AIG bonus money. But from what I heard the AIG employees that don't work over sea is given them back. Maybe they think they are wrong for taken them.
More like they think they'll be dragged from their houses and beating to death if they didn't.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:01 PM
More like they think they'll be dragged from their houses and beating to death if they didn't.

:lol I saw on one news chanel some bus company or tour company was given neighborhood tours to the top money makers in AIG. Thats crazy!

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Give us a break. Obama also said it was worng and took days to acknowledge it, thats why he is taxing 90 percent of AIG bonus money. But from what I heard the AIG employees that don't work over sea is given them back. Maybe they think they are wrong for taken them.You didn't answer the question.

clambake
03-24-2009, 08:02 PM
he was on the bus.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
You didn't answer the question.

Ok, I will play along for a second. Some bonuses are wrong, some bonuses are right. The AIG bonus was wrong and even the almighty Obama agreed.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
he was on the bus.He's with ACORN!

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Ok, I will play along for a second. Some bonuses are wrong, some bonuses are right. The AIG bonus was wrong and even the almight Obama agreed.You still didn't answer the question.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
You still didn't answer the question.

I gave you some credit for being a smartass in the past. Not now. I never said bonuses were wrong. I said the AIG bonus was wrong. Again, give us a break.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I gave you some credit for being a smartass in the past. Not now. I never said bonuses were wrong. I said the AIG bonus was wrong. Again, give us a break.I was asking specifically about the AIG bonuses. That's why there I used "the" as a qualifier.

clambake
03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I never said bonuses were wrong. I said the AIG bonus was wrong.

sook
03-24-2009, 08:13 PM
He'll say whatever the teleprompter tells him to say...even if it's with a thick Irish accent.

Its a good day for Obama when a telepromter joke is all i ever hear from you.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I was asking specifically about the AIG bonuses. That's why there I used "the" as a qualifier.

Are you kidding me? Ask Obama why they are wrong. You seem to cling on his word more than common sense. You don't give a company billions of dollars to save thier ass only to have that company turn around and hand out millions of dollars to the same employees that helped cause this "crisis"

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Are you kidding me? Ask Obama why they are wrong. You seem to cling on his word more than common sense. You don't give a company billions of dollars to save thier ass only to have that company turn around and hand out millions of dollars to the same employees that helped cause this "crisis"So if the ones who caused the crisis are gone and the ones receiving bonuses are getting them to stay on only until the crisis is resolved and they lose those jobs, does that change your thinking about the bonuses?

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
That wasn't a joke.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
No and wake me up when these current AIG employees quit and go work somewhere else because they did not get a bonus or in this case the ones who gave them back quit.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:24 PM
No and wake me up when these current AIG employees quit and go work somewhere else because they did not get a bonus or in this case the ones who gave them back quit.If your job is going to definitely end in a few months anyway, what exactly is the incentive to stay?

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
No and wake me up when these current AIG employees quit and go work somewhere else because they did not get a bonus or in this case the ones who gave them back quit.
Actually, some have resigned...presumably without promise of other employment but, simply because they feared for the safety of themselves and their families.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:27 PM
If your job is going to definitely end in a few months anyway, what exactly is the incentive to stay?

Are you still talking about AIG? If thats the case AIG is safe for a long time thanks to the tax payers. Those guys are not going anywhere.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Actually, some have resigned...presumably without promise of other employment but, simply because they feared for the safety of themselves and their families.

They were smart

EDIT. They should have waited. Obama made it right basically taken back the bonuses. I bet if you look at the ones who resigned they did not need the job anyway or knew they sucked ass.

sook
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
That wasn't a joke.

You're right, no comedy intended from your end huh? Ok, let me put it this way, "A pathetic attempt at a joke."

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:31 PM
But, now that you bring it up...

A presidential plug for Orion (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/41689067.html)

“This was one of those moments where the future refused to wait until morning,” said Obama.

All terrific press for Orion, except that Obama kept pronouncing the company’s name wrong, calling it OAR-ee-on.

After finishing his remarks and talking with a few people, the president returned to the microphone and said his prepared remarks led him to pronounce the firm's name wrong.

“I suspect this is Or-EYE-on as opposed to OAR-ee-on. Just wanted to make sure that when I’m giving you a plug, that we’ve got the right plug. It’s Or-EYE-on.”
Hey Chump, the rest of this is stolen from Powerline. You're welcome.

Orion is one of the best-known constellations, mostly because it actually looks like its namesake. So evidently we have to add astronomy to history and economics as subjects of which Obama is remarkably ignorant. I'm beginning to fear that our President has below-average knowledge of the world. Not for a President, but for a middle-aged American.

This latest episode suggests that Obama's teleprompter should up the ante. Iowahawk obtained exclusive access to the teleprompter's attempt to shake down the Big Guy (Warning, the teleprompter's language can be a little rough):

3hSnEMV58F8

If the teleprompter starts giving the President phonetic pronunciations of words the rest of us know but the President doesn't, there's no telling what concessions he might win!

Finally, I know it's a trite observation, and one to which we have been driven on almost a daily basis since the Age of Obama began two short months ago, but can you imagine the hooting and hollering that would have ensued if George Bush had never heard of Orion? I can't, actually.

Yeah, we're in the very best of hands. I'll believe that flub with the Irish guy was a joke when you show me the footage. I think it's being suppressed because it shows how clueless Obama is.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
You're right, no comedy intended from your end huh? Ok, let me put it this way, "A pathetic attempt at a joke."
Who's laughing?

sook
03-24-2009, 08:33 PM
But, now that you bring it up...

A presidential plug for Orion (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/41689067.html)

Hey Chump, the rest of this is stolen from Powerline. You're welcome.

Orion is one of the best-known constellations, mostly because it actually looks like its namesake. So evidently we have to add astronomy to history and economics as subjects of which Obama is remarkably ignorant. I'm beginning to fear that our President has below-average knowledge of the world. Not for a President, but for a middle-aged American.

This latest episode suggests that Obama's teleprompter should up the ante. Iowahawk obtained exclusive access to the teleprompter's attempt to shake down the Big Guy (Warning, the teleprompter's language can be a little rough):

3hSnEMV58F8

If the teleprompter starts giving the President phonetic pronunciations of words the rest of us know but the President doesn't, there's no telling what concessions he might win!

Finally, I know it's a trite observation, and one to which we have been driven on almost a daily basis since the Age of Obama began two short months ago, but can you imagine the hooting and hollering that would have ensued if George Bush had never heard of Orion? I can't, actually.

Yeah, we're in the very best of hands. I'll believe that flub with the Irish guy was a joke when you show me the footage. I think it's being suppressed because it shows how clueless Obama is.
Holy shit i think the internet is flooded from the gaffes of the little shit Bush. Actually i think every other youtube video is one :rollin

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Are you still talking about AIG?I was always talking about AIG. You just didn't get it.
If thats the case AIG is safe for a long time thanks to the tax payers. Those guys are not going anywhere.So you have fully embraced the "I don't know about this and I don't want to know about this and I am proud of it" line of thought.

Fair enough.

Being angry is fun.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Holy shit i think the internet is flooded from the gaffes of the little shit Bush. Actually i think every other youtube video is one :rollin
I think Obama has just about caught up with Bush in a mere 2 months time.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
:lmao at Yoni sourcing his material. Was that so difficult?

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I was always talking about AIG. You just didn't get it.So you have fully embraced the "I don't know about this and I don't want to know about this and I am proud of it" line of thought.

Fair enough.

Being angry is fun.

Nice assumptions except for the part I did not fully grasp you were talking about AIG the whole time. I think I corrected myself with "the" bonuses question.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice assumptions except for the part I not fully grasp you were talking about AIG the whole time. I think I corrected myself with "the" bonuses question.It's nothing compared to the assumptions you have made.

No big deal.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
It's nothing compared to the assumptions you have made.

No big deal.

I'm pretty sure my assumption that AIG should not have recieved the bonuses was right. I know its a moral thing.

Its a big deal but thanks to the next coming, he made it right. Well almost. He can't get back 1/4 of the bonuses of the employees that work over seas. They will have to live with that.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm pretty sure my assumption that AIG should not have recieved the bonuses was right. I know its a moral thing.Your underlying assumptions that led you to your conclusion don't seem terribly accurate.

Its a big deal but thanks to the next coming, he made it right. Well almost. He can't get back 1/4 of the bonuses of the employees that work over seas. They will have to live with that.I'm not even sure the assumption it's a big deal is accurate.

sook
03-24-2009, 08:48 PM
I think Obama has just about caught up with Bush in a mere 2 months time.

I'm pretty sure Obama won't go searching for WMDs in India.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Your underlying assumptions that led you to your conclusion don't seem terribly accurate.

I'm not even sure the assumption it's a big deal is accurate.

That is ur opinion.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Obama won't go searching for WMDs in India.
Well, he would find them there...and, has India threatened us?

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure my assumption that AIG should not have recieved the bonuses was right. I know its a moral thing.

Its a big deal but thanks to the next coming, he made it right. Well almost. He can't get back 1/4 of the bonuses of the employees that work over seas. They will have to live with that.
Why are the bonuses immoral?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, he would find them there...and, has India threatened us?India poses as much of a threat to the US as Iraq did, except we can't patrol and bomb it at will like we did Iraq.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Why are the bonuses immoral?

They did not earn them

sook
03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, he would find them there...and, has India threatened us?

And Iraq did? Talk about consistency...

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
And Iraq did? Talk about consistency...
You have a bad habit of not responding to direct questions.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
They did not earn them
Who says? Did you read the contracts on which the bonuses were predicated?

Gino
03-24-2009, 08:58 PM

That was sooooo chumperdumper-esque.

Why do you think they're "right", chumpy?

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Who says? Did you read the contracts on which the bonuses were predicated?

:lol Contracts. Did u read them? I hope they had a claus that said " you will get this money no matter what even if the government has to bail us out, to keep us a float, keep us in business you will get those bonuses" That would make it all right.

Oh I forget the new treasury dude threw that in when they gave them the billions of bucks. Thank God for Obama making this right.

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:01 PM
So if the ones who caused the crisis are gone and the ones receiving bonuses are getting them to stay on only until the crisis is resolved and they lose those jobs, does that change your thinking about the bonuses?

:lol:lol:lol

This guy will swallow whatever Obama spooges into his mouth. ANYTHING!!

Thats right, chumpy. The only people who can save AIG are the executives who nearly brought down the world economy due to their poor judgement.

Youre such a fucking idiot. Do you know that?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:01 PM
That was sooooo chumperdumper-esque.

Why do you think they're "right", chumpy?They simply are -- I don't put much of a moral argument on them. If AIG's CEO is to be believed -- and I haven't seen anything to refute what he has said in his testimony -- they make sense.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:02 PM
:lol:lol:lol

This guy will swallow whatever Obama spooges into his mouth. ANYTHING!!

Thats right, chumpy. The only people who can save AIG are the executives who nearly brought down the world economy due to their poor judgement.

Youre such a fucking idiot. Do you know that?Are they the same people?

Do you know that?

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Are they the same people?

Do you know that?

Do we really know anything?

What is "truth"?

Maybe you and Obama should have a philosophical conversation on what a "bonus" is actually suppose to be.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:07 PM

What is "truth"?

Maybe you and Obama should have a philosophical conversation on what a "bonus" is actually suppose to be.No, the term "bonus" is pretty clear in this case.

I am asking you if you know the people receiving the bonuses are the same people that caused the financial crisis.

It's a simple question.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
:lol Contracts. Did u read them? I hope they had a claus that said " you will get this money no matter what even if the government has to bail us out, to keep us a float, keep us in business you will get those bonuses" That would make it all right.

Oh I forget the new treasury dude threw that in when they gave them the billions of bucks. Thank God for Obama making this right.
Well, my understanding of the contracts is that they were offered to employees -- some or all of whom had no part in the decisions that caused the problem -- who had specific knowledge of the financial instruments involved and who could wind down the operation without a catastrophic failure that would have plummeted our economy over an abyss.

So, these guys agreed to stay on what was a known sinking ship -- with the specific knowledge they'd be unemployed at the end -- so they could possibly cushion the fall. They did this in exchange for money.

Geitner understood and negotiated the bonuses when he was at the fed. Chris Dodd understood this and protected the bonuses in the stimulus bill.

They had a contract and stayed months longer than others, bailing water off the Titanic, in exchange for a promise -- contractual obligation -- they'd receive money at the end.

Congress has cheated them out of that. I think it's unconstitutional. I also think THAT is immoral.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 09:09 PM

What is "truth"?

Maybe you and Obama should have a philosophical conversation on what a "bonus" is actually suppose to be.

We know Obama said no earmarks only to have over 8,000 in one bill. I don't think Obama is qualified for a philosophical conversation with anyone.

sook
03-24-2009, 09:09 PM
You have a bad habit of not responding to direct questions.

Are you remedial or do you just pretend to be? Thats your cue to disappear for another month.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Well, my understanding of the contracts is that they were offered to employees -- some or all of whom had no part in the decisions that caused the problem -- who had specific knowledge of the financial instruments involved and who could wind down the operation without a catastrophic failure that would have plummeted our economy over an abyss.

So, these guys agreed to stay on what was a known sinking ship -- with the specific knowledge they'd be unemployed at the end -- so they could possibly cushion the fall. They did this in exchange for money.

Geitner understood and negotiated the bonuses when he was at the fed. Chris Dodd understood this and protected the bonuses in the stimulus bill.

They had a contract and stayed months longer than others, bailing water off the Titanic, in exchange for a promise -- contractual obligation -- they'd receive money at the end.

Congress has cheated them out of that. I think it's unconstitutional. I also think THAT is immoral.

You have a great point but in the end it was wrong for that company to write in those contracts the bonus money knowing they were sinking and the government was wrong for allowing this to happen until recently. They made a wrong a right in the end.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM

Congress has cheated them out of that. I think it's unconstitutional. I also think THAT is immoral.No.

AIG = bad, just because.

That's the only possible conclusion.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 09:18 PM
You have a great point but in the end it was wrong for that company to write in those contracts the bonus money knowing they were sinking and the government was wrong for allowing this to happen until recently. They made a wrong a right in the end.
Not if the bonuses were intended allow the retained employees to build a bridge from certain collapse to possible rescue.

If Congress can pass bill of attainder, I think we're sunk. I'll be surprised if, in this climate, they'll find many buyers for the toxic debt. Particularly if the private investors manage to make a killing from their investment.

I can see the Congress passing another bill of attainder that will limit the profit these investors can make from taking a risk in this "partnership" Geitner is proposing.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Not if the bonuses were intended allow the retained employees to build a bridge from certain collapse to possible rescue.

If Congress can pass bill of attainder, I think we're sunk. I'll be surprised if, in this climate, they'll find many buyers for the toxic debt. Particularly if the private investors manage to make a killing from their investment.

I can see the Congress passing another bill of attainder that will limit the profit these investors can make from taking a risk in this "partnership" Geitner is proposing.

Maybe people should understand what a bonus is. Its not giving to people for the sake of giving it to them. Its certainly not given to a company that would not be in business today if they Government had not gave them BILLIONS so they can keep there jobs.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Maybe people should understand what a bonus is. Its not giving to people for the sake of giving it to them. Its certainly not given to a company that would not be in business today if they Government had not gave them BILLIONS so they can keep there jobs.
Maybe other should understand what is a retention bonus and, further, what is a contract.

The retention bonuses, promised before the bailout and arguably promised to employees who managed to keep AIG afloat until the bailout, amounted to 9/100 of 1% of the total amount of bailout money given to AIG. That's right, .09%

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe other should understand what is a retention bonus and, further, what is a contract.

The retention bonuses, promised before the bailout and arguably promised to employees who managed to keep AIG afloat until the bailout, amounted to 9/100 of 1% of the total amount of bailout money given to AIG. That's right, .09%

Turns out AIG sucked ass and the USA citizens should not have to pay for AIG mistakes anymore. Again if these employees think they were done wrong and can get a better job for whatever reason they have, wake me up.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Turns out AIG sucked ass and the USA citizens should not have to pay for AIG mistakes anymore. Again if these employees think they were done wrong and can get a better job for whatever reason they have, wake me up.
It would have been nice to have told them that before so, they could have sought employment elsewhere about a year ago instead of staying on at AIG and trying to mitigate the damage.

My understanding is that if they had left and taken their expertise with them -- because a) they knew their company was going down the tubes, and b) there was no incentive to stay and help and c) they have families to feed -- there would have been no opportunity for a bailout...AIG would have crashed and burned with little or no notice.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 09:49 PM
It would have been nice to have told them that before so, they could have sought employment elsewhere about a year ago instead of staying on at AIG and trying to mitigate the damage.

My understanding is that if they had left and taken their expertise with them -- because a) they knew their company was going down the tubes, and b) there was no incentive to stay and help and c) they have families to feed -- there would have been no opportunity for a bailout...AIG would have crashed and burned with little or no notice.

I think they will be alright. Who's to say the people who recieved the bonuses did not cause this crazyness. I'm sure there are some innocent bystanders but in the long run be careful who you work for and what u believe.

Gino
03-24-2009, 10:04 PM
The worst part of the bailouts isnt the money to the executives.

Its Obama's phony "outrage" when it was HIS treasury department who ensured the bonuses would be paid.

If I was "outraged", I'm pretty sure some people would be fired.

And if John McCain was outraged, Im pretty sure heads would roll. :lol

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I think they will be alright. Who's to say the people who recieved the bonuses did not cause this crazyness. I'm sure there are some innocent bystanders but in the long run be careful who you work for and what u believe.
I want to say that was reported somewhere...that many of these guys weren't even the problem.

As for the rest of your statement, that's all well and good if we're left alone to the natural progression of free market economics. Which, by the way, would have been my preference. I'm not convinced there would have been an apocolypse. But, in this case, the government stepped in and arguably violated a constitutional principle in order to placate the masses screaming for blood.

Stop and think about it. Geitner was at the Fed and understood that to get anyone to stay on and try and manage this catastrophe, it was going to cost money. So, he condoned -- if not suggested -- the retention bonuses in order to keep knowledgeable talent on board for the duration.

The Stimulus Bill contemplated the bonuses would be an issue and so, Christopher Dodd tried to protect them -- with (according to him) some lobbying from the administration and Treasury (Geitner).

When Barney Frank started assembling the pitchfork and torch crowd, all the government hacks tried to disown their involvement and throw these executives to the wolves.

I mean, sheesh, they drug that poor $1 per year CEO before the Senate Finance Committee -- a guy that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the fiasco -- and pilloried him as if he was Satan incarnate.

It's ridiculous. And, if Congress is willing to throw Constitutional principle out the window simply to appease the masses, I fear we're nearing the end of this who republican (small r) experiment.

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2009, 11:45 PM
http://www.motifake.com/motivational_posters/d782bd6150.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
03-25-2009, 03:13 AM
i'd like to comment on this matter, but I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 06:42 AM
i'd like to comment on this matter, but I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak
Then do as Obama and get a teleprompter.

JudynTX
03-25-2009, 07:47 AM

:lol:lol Damn! Does Obama like being in front of the camera or what? He's not a president, he's a damn celebrity. :rolleyes

to21
03-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Bonuses, retention or otherwise are contingent on whether the company giving them out made money to give them out.

to21
03-25-2009, 07:48 AM
:lol:lol Damn! Does Obama like being in front of the camera or what? He's not a president, he's a damn celebrity. :rolleyesHe's the HNIC.

Rogue
03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Obama looks like a good leader but I still doubt he'll do a better job than bush did. What I concern most about Obama is his left tendency, he is also a left-hander isn't he? I'm also a left-hander and I also make some unpractical promises to my friends, but I'm not the US president that has the power to derail the the whole nation. I would like to see Obama succeed realizing every promise he has made, but I'm afraid his promises will remain as dreams for generations to come.

clambake
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
he's the decider.

get used to it.

and get something for that nasty butt burn.

CosmicCowboy
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM

And before I knew what I was talking about we had to get the polling results back, figure out that the American people were outraged, Figure out how to blame it on Bush and if we couldn't do that figure out who else to blame (Dodd, and then Geitner), hire someone to write my response, and then load it in to teleprompter.

That's a hell of a lot to do in just two days!

DarrinS
03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
My solution to inheriting a giant deficit would also be to quadruple it.

clambake
03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
how much money did you invest in your company before you turned a profit?

George Gervin's Afro
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM

So are you for Presidents memorizing all of their speeches? Or is this one of those unecessary shots you keep taking at Obama?

Gino
03-25-2009, 02:48 PM
No.

AIG = bad, just because.

That's the only possible conclusion.

If the bonuses arent bad, why is Obama "outraged" by them?

ChumpDumper
03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
If the bonuses arent bad, why is Obama "outraged" by them?Do you think the bonuses are bad?

ChumpDumper
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Politicians expressing outrage over this -- Democrat and Republican -- are either kowtowing to ignorant rubes or are ignorant rubes themselves.

Gino
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Do you think the bonuses are bad?

Why does Obama think the bonuses are bad?

Gino
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Politicians expressing outrage over this -- Democrat and Republican -- are either kowtowing to ignorant rubes or are ignorant rubes themselves.

So which is Obama?

DarrinS
03-25-2009, 04:08 PM
so which is obama?

doh!

+1

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
So are you for Presidents memorizing all of their speeches? Or is this one of those unecessary shots you keep taking at Obama?
A President shouldn't need a teleprompter for press conferences, announcements, and introductions. He should have a firm grasp on his policies and ideals -- well enough to be able to speak to them without a script.

Teleprompters are for scripted addresses or extended speeches where there are a lot of points to cover.

clambake
03-25-2009, 05:48 PM
he shoulda just said " i'm the decider".

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
he shoulda just said " i'm the decider".
He did say, "I won."

clambake
03-25-2009, 05:54 PM
he shoulda given a shit eating grin, shrugged his shoulders a few times, and said "heeee heeee heeee i'm the decider, heee heeee".

isn't that what you miss?

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 05:55 PM
he shoulda given a shit eating grin, shrugged his shoulders a few times, and said "heeee heeee heeee i'm the decider, heee heeee".

isn't that what you miss?
I think it's what you miss...but, you're not alone.

clambake
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
i miss hearing him call out to brownie.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2009, 06:02 PM
So which is Obama?Kowtowing to ignorant rubes.

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 06:03 PM
i miss hearing him call out to brownie.
Well, now you have Geithner.

clambake
03-25-2009, 06:05 PM
and scooter.

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 06:10 PM
It appears David Letterman is missing President Bush as much as you are...

UVjNVPsL5EY

Of course, if he wanted to, he could have just compared Obama with a teleprompter to Obama without a teleprompter he could have used some clips from this video.

3hSnEMV58F8

clambake
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
i don't watch videos. couldn't you have summed it up with someone else's paragraph?

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
i don't watch videos.
Why?

couldn't you have summed it up with someone else's paragraph?
Yes, I could have.

clambake
03-25-2009, 06:19 PM
come on, give us one of those yoniprompters.

Spurminator
03-25-2009, 06:20 PM
lol teleprompter!!!

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
come on, give us one of those yoniprompters.
Well, if Letterman still wanted to be funny, instead of partisan, he could have compared Obama with a teleprompter to Obama without one instead of recycling the same old Bush videos he's been showing for years.

But, like you, he's more interested in keeping his Bush-hatred front and center than he is in being funny.

Sorry, I didn't steal that.

clambake
03-25-2009, 06:25 PM
i don't watch letterman, but let me ask you this. would you say he's as partisan as you?

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 06:28 PM
i don't watch letterman, but let me ask you this. would you say he's as partisan as you?
He's at least as liberal as I am libertarian.

I just thought he was in the business of funny...I guess not.

clambake
03-25-2009, 06:32 PM
for a guy thats not funny, he's doing pretty well, wouldn't you say?

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
for a guy thats not funny, he's doing pretty well, wouldn't you say?
I don't know, I quit watching him years ago.

He used to be funny.

clambake
03-25-2009, 06:39 PM
you a leno guy?

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 07:06 PM
you a leno guy?
Nope. But, I do like Craig Ferguson...

Don Quixote
03-25-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't follow Letterman, but I've noticed that Leno (who seems like an okay guy) is still making fun of Bush 2 mo. after he left office. Every night!

I mean, I have NO problem with comedians poking fun at our elected officials, but you'd think that he'd have switched over to cutting on Obama by now. And it's not like there's a shortage of material ... Messiah, his stiffness, the Teleprompter, etc.

Are comedians just afraid to offend him?

mogrovejo
03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't follow Letterman, but I've noticed that Leno (who seems like an okay guy) is still making fun of Bush 2 mo. after he left office. Every night!

I mean, I have NO problem with comedians poking fun at our elected officials, but you'd think that he'd have switched over to cutting on Obama by now. And it's not like there's a shortage of material ... Messiah, his stiffness, the Teleprompter, etc.

Are comedians just afraid to offend him?

No, they're just afraid of being called racists.

Don Quixote
03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
No, they're just afraid of being called racists.

I don't know. Maybe. But I've detected a real unwillingness on the part of the comics to dig into the new Prez. Why I don't know.

Is it just his awesome beauty?

Did Leno & co. hang on their Clinton material after Bush took office? Or did they use it all up before Bush came in?

clambake
03-26-2009, 09:53 AM
are you on parole?