03-24-2009, 09:04 PM
WOW.

Of course, you'll just get the proverbial Chumpdumper response:

"What makes you think government debt is bad?"

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
WOW.

"What makes you think government debt is bad?"No the response is "you never cared about government debt before when the Republicans were in charge."

sook
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
WOW.

"What makes you think government debt is bad?"

You're right but i wonder why you weren't as timely when Bush was in office :rolleyes

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:07 PM
No the response is "you never cared about government debt before when the Republicans were in charge."

Touche!

sook
03-24-2009, 09:07 PM
No the response is "you never cared about government debt before when the Republicans were in charge."

Obama isn't the answer my friend but he sure as hell is better than these fascist cock suckers we had for 8 years. I can't believe it...they actually had a surplus when they came into office :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2009, 09:09 PM
This pissed me off today more than anything else.

Change my fucking ass. But yonivore still deserves to be dickslapped by a syphillitic elephant for even trying to pose as caring about government debt.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Obama isn't the answer my friend but he sure as hell is better than these fascist cock suckers we had for 8 years. I can't believe it...they actually had a surplus when they came into office :lolThey prefer being lied to about fiscal conservatism while they get fucked up the ass.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 09:10 PM
You're right but i wonder why you weren't as timely when Bush was in office :rolleyes
You obviously don't understand the graph.

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
How does Chumpdumper know if we cared about the budget when Bush was in charge?

John McCain certainly cared about the deficit. I doubt even you would argue he would present a budget as inflated as this.

Of course, John McCain is a natural leader. Obama is showing just how much of an amateur he is.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Obama isn't the answer my friend but he sure as hell is better than these fascist cock suckers we had for 8 years. I can't believe it...they actually had a surplus when they came into office :lol
Fascist cocksuckers?

Who is pushing for legislation to that will allow him to take over companies on a whim?

Who is pushing for legislation that will silence political opinion in newspapers? A direct contradiction to the First Amendment.

Who is spending and laughing all the way?

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:13 PM
LMAO!! You got these libs arguing that "Bush was worse".

Not "the budget is good". Just "Bush was worse".

Look at the graph, guys. And those are projections WITH the rosy economic forecast.

Has anyone, besides me, asked why we passed a 700 billion dollar stimulus that doesnt even spend much money until the year the white house expects the GDP to grow by 4%?

sook
03-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Fascist cocksuckers?

Who is pushing for legislation to that will allow him to take over companies on a whim?

Who is pushing for legislation that will silence political opinion in newspapers? A direct contradiction to the First Amendment.

Who is spending and laughing all the way?

And i don't agree with any of that. But i also can't agree with a stupid fucker

that ran this nation to an endless pit of debt and killed 4000 of our brave men

and women and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

ChumpDumper
How does Chumpdumper know if we cared about the budget when Bush was in charge?The proof is in the deficits.

John McCain certainly cared about the deficit. I doubt even you would argue he would present a budget as inflated as this.He said he cared, but he voted for his share of budgets.

Of course, John McCain is a natural leader. Obama is showing just how much of an amateur he is.McCain led his campaign off a cliff and showed just how much of an amateur he was.

MannyIsGod
Can you please post an accurate graph with the iraq war costs factored in. I can't believe no one has called you on that.

sook
03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
You obviously don't understand the graph.

Yea It sure is one tough cookie Yoni. Don't insult me by equating your intelligence with mine you remedial fuck.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Can you please post an accurate graph with the iraq war costs factored in. I can't believe no one has called you on that.It's from the Heritage Foundation -- you will never get those numbers from them.

xrayzebra
03-24-2009, 09:19 PM

But you were, so why aren't you worried now?

The proof is in the deficits.

He said he cared, but he voted for his share of budgets.

So did Obama, so why is he bitching about what he got left. He
only run for the office for two years. Poor guy.

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
The proof is in the deficits.

He said he cared, but he voted for his share of budgets.

McCain led his campaign off a cliff and showed just how much of an amateur he was.

No, I think it showed how impulsive John McCain can be. But I still trust his judgement better than Obama.

And you didnt answer my last question:

Why did we pass a 700 billion dollar stimulus that doesnt pump money into the economy until after the white house says the economy will have recovered?

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:21 PM
But you were, so why aren't you worried now?

only run for the office for two years. Poor guy.

NICE!!! :lol:lol

Yes, if Chumpdumper doesnt care, what makes Bush bad?

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't care where the numbers are from. Its easy to paint a picture in a ceratain way if you ommit costs from one side and then add them on to the other.

If Yoni wants to compare those deficits and the projections, then lets do it. Lets see which are lower, the deficits run by Bush when you factor in all the costs the way Obama's administration is doing or those projected for Obama.

Talk about living in a glass house and throwing some stones.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't care where the numbers are from. Its easy to paint a picture in a ceratain way if you ommit costs from one side and then add them on to the other.

If Yoni wants to compare those deficits and the projections, then lets do it. Lets see which are lower, the deficits run by Bush when you factor in all the costs the way Obama's administration is doing or those projected for Obama.

Talk about living in a glass house and throwing some stones.
Actually, the graph shows actual CBO calculated deficits during the Bush Administration. That'd be the Congressional Budget Office.

You'll notice the light pink bars are where the OBAMA administration tried to fudge the projections...but, the CBO did the hard math.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:24 PM
No, I think it showed how impulsive John McCain can be. But I still trust his judgement better than Obama.McCain looked like a lying idiot and he lost the election because of that. He lost the trust of the people.

And you didnt answer my last question:

Why did we pass a 700 billion dollar stimulus that doesnt pump money into the economy until after the white house says the economy will have recovered?You'll have to give me the exact date they said the economy is to recover and the dates the money reaches the economy. Then I can believe the question is valid.

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
This budget is a text book example of failure to perform risk mitigation. Even if the economy recovers faster than anyone is expecting, we will have a budget deficit that our nation can't manage. This will lead to hyper-inflation which will make all the saving everyone is dong completely moot.

Libs dont care because theyve spent too much time thinking just how "presidential" Obama looks!!!

This nation is so fucking trendy it deserves everything it gets. Next time just elect Michael Douglas or Morgan Freeman and be done with it.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
But you were, so why aren't you worried now?I have said in the past that the times of expansion like that during most of the Bush years wasn't a time to be running up deficits. It's right here in this forum. As soon as the economy tanked, there wasn't much else to be done but spend.

only run for the office for two years. Poor guy.Obama is a liberal. One expects spending from a liberal. Did you guys elect Bush to run up the deficit during a time of economic expansion?

I'll answer for you because I know you won't: No, you didn't.

sook
03-24-2009, 09:29 PM
This budget is a text book example of failure to perform risk mitigation. Even if the economy recovers faster than anyone is expecting, we will have a budget deficit that our nation can't manage. This will lead to hyper-inflation which will make all the saving everyone is dong completely moot.

Libs dont care because theyve spent too much time thinking just how "presidential" Obama looks!!!

This nation is so fucking trendy it deserves everything it gets. Next time just elect Michael Douglas or Morgan Freeman and be done with it.

Zimbabwe's inflation rate last year, over 10 mil % I, heck, i heard they even have a trillion dollar note now :lol

xrayzebra
03-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Actually, the graph shows actual CBO calculated deficits during the Bush Administration. That'd be the Congressional Budget Office.

You'll notice the light pink bars are where the OBAMA administration tried to fudge the projections...but, the CBO did the hard math.

But, but, Obama said tonight, there would have to be some adjustments.
And estimates are just estimates. Of course he forgot to add that
CBO is notorious for being way low it's estimates.

And that was about the jest of his "news" conference. He didn't answer
one real question.

But he didn't use a teleprompter, he used a TV instead. What a guy,
technically always right. So you gotta listen real close to what he says.
Like he is going to fix the high cost of health care by increasing the
amount spent. Only a lawyer could come up with an answer like that,
see children, that is how you solve the debt problem.

It is all the Republicans fault anyhow, they don't have a budget.
that is what he said.:lmao

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:33 PM
McCain looked like a lying idiot and he lost the election because of that. He lost the trust of the people.

You'll have to give me the exact date they said the economy is to recover and the dates the money reaches the economy. Then I can believe the question is valid.

Timeline of economic recovery spending:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2009/02/01/GR2009020100154.html

Only 64% of the spending will have occurred by September.....of 2010!!!!

In its budget, the administration predicted the economy will shrink by 1.2 percent this year but snap back and grow by a solid 3.2 percent in 2010.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jMg5idBjwuOx1SH4kX3hzGlypkrwD96K63100

Its SPIN time Chumpy.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:33 PM
LOL at my country.

I've known many people in my industry that sound really smart and then when it comes down to it.....they suck at their job. I've known may people in my industry that sound like idiots.......they suck at their job.

The President is no different. We had an idiot in the White House for 8 years, he fucked things up. We have an idiot (that is good at speaking in public) and he sucks at his job.

America has not leadership because the truly intelligent folks that actually care........they are busy avoiding being fucked by our government.

You guys are funny always trying to one up eachother by saying "well, Bush was worse", or "Obama sucks"...........They all suck. But the part that makes me conservative is I like my money, and I'm not too stupid too recognize that just because a bunch of 20 something Manny type folks cry at a speech, doesn't make a good President.

Fuck you guys, and fuck this part of spurstalk.com because it is exactly the same as congress.

Spurstalk.com political forum = partisan fags that would never accomplish something in the real world because they are too concerned about being right or wrong.

xrayzebra
03-24-2009, 09:35 PM
I have said in the past that the times of expansion like that during most of the Bush years wasn't a time to be running up deficits. It's right here in this forum. As soon as the economy tanked, there wasn't much else to be done but spend.

Obama is a liberal. One expects spending from a liberal. Did you guys elect Bush to run up the deficit during a time of economic expansion?

I'll answer for you because I know you won't: No, you didn't.

Holy smokes, Chump. You have listen to Obama and his gang too much.
Nothing left to do but spend. And do it now, before you read anything,
now, or we are all going to die. Well what has changed, we have
spent and things are changed: for the worst.

So Obama is a liberal, so it okay for him to spend. Thank you for
that valuable insight into finance.:downspin:

ChumpDumper
Timeline of economic recovery spending:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2009/02/01/GR2009020100154.html

Only 64% of the spending will have occurred by September.....of 2010!!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jMg5idBjwuOx1SH4kX3hzGlypkrwD96K63100

Its SPIN time Chumpy.So you lied when you said none of the money will have been spent.

That was expected.

Nice attempt to move the goalposts, though.

MannyIsGod
Yet you felt it necessary to post. :lmao Nothing proves how above something you are more than joining in.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Yet you felt it necessary to post. :lmao Nothing proves how above something you are more than joining in.

Sucks when you make a post that makes no sense because others posted before it.

Now shut off your computer you silverback looking douche bag.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Manny, when are you going to contribute to society?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Holy smokes, Chump. You have listen to Obama and his gang too much.
Nothing left to do but spend. And do it now, before you read anything,
now, or we are all going to die. Well what has changed, we have
spent and things are changed: for the worst.

So Obama is a liberal, so it okay for him to spend. Thank you for
that valuable insight into finance.:downspin:The part you didn't get was that bush spent like a liberal too. You were lied to and fucked in the ass and you liked it.

And you still don't understand it.

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
So you lied when you said none of the money will have been spent.

That was expected.

Nice attempt to move the goalposts, though.

Ehhhh...when did I say none of the money will have been spent?

My Post:

Has anyone, besides me, asked why we passed a 700 billion dollar stimulus that doesnt even spend much money until the year the white house expects the GDP to grow by 4%?

It was 3.2%, not 4. But youre claiming that I said none of the money will have been spent which is a complete fabrication.

Now apologize!!!

johnsmith
At what age is appropriate to give up on the dream of being a life long student and actually make a difference on this Earth?

xrayzebra
LOL at my country.

I've known many people in my industry that sound really smart and then when it comes down to it.....they suck at their job. I've known may people in my industry that sound like idiots.......they suck at their job.

The President is no different. We had an idiot in the White House for 8 years, he fucked things up. We have an idiot (that is good at speaking in public) and he sucks at his job.

America has not leadership because the truly intelligent folks that actually care........they are busy avoiding being fucked by our government.

You guys are funny always trying to one up eachother by saying "well, Bush was worse", or "Obama sucks"...........They all suck. But the part that makes me conservative is I like my money, and I'm not too stupid too recognize that just because a bunch of 20 something Manny type folks cry at a speech, doesn't make a good President.

Fuck you guys, and fuck this part of spurstalk.com because it is exactly the same as congress.

Spurstalk.com political forum = partisan fags that would never accomplish something in the real world because they are too concerned about being right or wrong.

Ahhh, john, I fear we have angered you.

Could we have some of your Conservative philosophy? This old
Conservative would like to learn more. Other than Bush inheriting
a recession and having 9/11 come down on his watch, what else
did he screw up?

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:39 PM
When do you accept the fact that you've done nothing to better mankind and just kill yourself?

johnsmith
All these questions are directed at Manny by the way?

ChumpDumper
LOL at my country.

Spurstalk.com political forum = partisan fags that would never accomplish something in the real world because they are too concerned about being right or wrong.Is this a retirement speech?

I give it a C-.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Sucks when you make a post that makes no sense because others posted before it.

Now shut off your computer you silverback looking douche bag.

Manny, when are you going to contribute to society?

It obviously made sense since you figured it out. I mean it couldn't have been that hard to figure out if you managed to do it. But in any event, I see how above it you are. Your so above it you keep posting here. Please keep replying to show us all how you're above all of this.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Is this a retirement speech?

I give it a C-.

LOL you think he'd leave? Yeah right.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:42 PM
LOL you think he'd leave? Yeah right.That's why he got the minus.

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Chumpy, you owe me an apology.

Be a man.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Chumpy, you owe me an apology.

Be a man.My suspicion that you were being disingenuous with your question was accurate.

You owe me an apology.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Ahhh, john, I fear we have angered you.

Could we have some of your Conservative philosophy? This old
Conservative would like to learn more. Other than Bush inheriting
a recession and having 9/11 come down on his watch, what else
did he screw up?

Ray,

Bush didn't really inherit shit, stop lying about that. He did start a war that while I don't necessarily disagree that we should have gotten into eventually, maybe this wasn't really the right time. Not only that, but there are many military experts out there that said long before the Iraq war actually started that we should absolutely not invade Iraq because it was Russia Vs. Afghanistan like..........and since we were already in a Russia vs. Afghan like war, this probably wasn't the best time.

Now, having said all that, I will readily throw out there that Clinton Admin, are the ones that demanded more FHA type loans (good call fellas) and that Saddam was a mass murderer so these weren't Bush's fault.

However, I think most folks of my generation also think the anti-stem cell research, abortion, gay marriage, and many, many social issues should not only not be governed, but should certainly not be governed by a bunch of 60 year old white guys that are so out of touch with reality, they make baby-boomers look normal, sane, and productive.

There is a happy medium in government and from the looks of it, we will never find it until it's too late. This forum is a wonderful example of how fucked up our government is because we have a bunch of normal folks that get so mad at the other side about a few issue that we can't even come close to agreement on the REAL ISSUES.

So again, go fuck yourselves.

Manny, go out and do something positive to this Earth because no one is going to give a fuck that you learned a lot of worthless shit from professor's that only think one way.

Love,
Johnsmith

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
:lmao

Whats more pathetic? People who use a forum for entertainmet or those who declare they hate a forum but can't stay away?

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Manny, What's more pathetic? Someone that didn't really try that hard in college and has accomplished a truck load in the real world and has actually helped mankind, or someone that has spent all his money and time in college, done nothing with his life, and claims to be the end all on common sense because he got a "B+" in philosophy?

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry, forgot to add the obligatory :lmao that you seem to be so fond of.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Manny, you going to complain to Kori that I'm being mean to you like you have in the past?

Gino
03-24-2009, 09:53 PM
My suspicion that you were being disingenuous with your question was accurate.

You owe me an apology.

My suspicion is you dont know what "disingenuous" means.

My motives were perfectly clear.

But its sooooo like you to harp on grammar or technicalities in someone's post rather than just answering the question.

I'll give you another chance. Same question:

Has anyone, besides me, asked why we passed a 700 billion dollar stimulus that doesnt even spend much money until the year the white house expects the GDP to grow by 3.2%? <--- correct number

No excuses, now, Chumpdumper. Just answer the question.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Manny, What's more pathetic? Someone that didn't really try that hard in college and has accomplished a truck load in the real world and has actually helped mankind, or someone that has spent all his money and time in college, done nothing with his life, and claims to be the end all on common sense because he got a "B+" in philosophy?

I didn't realize you got a B+ in philosophy. And I think I've actually accomplished something more along the lines of a boat load, not a truck load but I guess it depends on the size of the truck.

I'm sorry to hear you've done nothing with your life though. I guess your love/hate relationship with the political forum has something to do with that? And a B+ in Philosophy isn't so bad - don't beat yourself up over it.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Manny, you going to complain to Kori that I'm being mean to you like you have in the past?

I guess you can continue to make things up, but I'd love Kori to come in here and post how many times I've complained to her about ANYTHING on these forums.

Seriously, ask Kori about that. I'm actually starting to doubt that you actually managed a B+ in anything in college considering how much incorrect info you always spew.

You honestly think I would ever complain about things you would say on these forums? LOOOOOOOOOOOL man, you're so never going to get under my skin John Smith but I think its funny you give yourself that much credit. Bravo bud. Bravo.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
I didn't realize you got a B+ in philosophy. And I think I've actually accomplished something more along the lines of a boat load, not a truck load but I guess it depends on the size of the truck.

I'm sorry to hear you've done nothing with your life though. I guess your love/hate relationship with the political forum has something to do with that? And a B+ in Philosophy isn't so bad - don't beat yourself up over it.

So you have nothing then huh?

Shocking.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 09:56 PM
My suspicion is you dont know what "disingenuous" means.

My motives were perfectly clear.So then you just didn't know what you were talking about. I'll believe either one.

But its sooooo like you to harp on grammar or technicalities in someone's post rather than just answering the question.I'm suspicious by nature and didn't believe you in particular. I was right.

Has anyone, besides me, asked why we passed a 700 billion dollar stimulus that doesnt even spend much money until the year the white house expects the GDP to grow by 3.2%? <--- correct number

No excuses, now, Chumpdumper. Just answer the question.Has anyone besides you asked that question?

Few people have probably asked that particular question, because the premise upon which it is based is shaky at best.

There's your answer.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
how much incorrect info you always spew.

Go ahead and show me how much I always spew.

Go back and find examples of me posting incorrect info.

You have nothing................which is similar to what you have accomplished in life.

I would imagine it would suck when someone calls you out for having done nothing in 30 years, but at least come back with a defense that doesn't involve shitty jokes.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
So you have nothing then huh?

Shocking.

What exactly did you want me to have? You made a lame attempt to compare yourself to who you think I am. I guess it was an attempt to validate yourself, but I'm not sure to who?

Let me ask you John, do you put that on your resume? "I didn't try hard in college but I've done a TRUCKLOAD!!!!!"

Makes for a solid opener, IMO.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
What incorrect info? Well you somehow think I've spent my entire life in school. You think I've accomplished nothing. You think I got a B+ in Philosophy (i've never taken it, but had I I would have gotten an A+, just FYI). You somehow think I've ever cried to Kori on account of you (LOL @ that, but LOL @ me crying to Kori about anything actually).

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
What exactly did you want me to have? You made a lame attempt to compare yourself to who you think I am. I guess it was an attempt to validate yourself, but I'm not sure to who?

Let me ask you John, do you put that on your resume? "I didn't try hard in college but I've done a TRUCKLOAD!!!!!"

Makes for a solid opener, IMO.

Here's the thing Manny, I don't need to put anything on my resume BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE A JOB.

I'm the same age as you, I can honestly say I have made the world a better place through my work, I own my own property. YOU HAVE NOTHING. YOU'VE DONE NOTHING, and yet you seem to think you are "smarter" or "better" then anyone on this site and you only come off as a douche.

I don't know if I'm alone in thinking all of this, but I know for a FACT you've done nothing with your life. But keep on posting dude, you are winning hearts and minds.

Gino
03-24-2009, 10:02 PM
So then you just didn't know what you were talking about. I'll believe either one.

I'm suspicious by nature and didn't believe you in particular. I was right.

Has anyone besides you asked that question?

Few people have probably asked that particular question, because the premise upon which it is based is shaky at best.

There's your answer.

How is it shaky? BOTH numbers come from Obama's white house.

Are you saying that the white house is shaky?

I would agree with that!! :lol

I feel for you. I really do. Im sure its tough to have to defend this guy. He contradicts himself. He's out there shouting this is the greatest economic crisis since the great depression and Geitner has hardest job of any Treasury secretary since Hamilton, yet the economy is going to be quite rosey NEXT YEAR (and every year after for the next ten).

Obama is becoming the Kobe Bryant of politics. That is, he's a total PHONY. A bad actor who you can picture practicing his speeches and poses in the mirror.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
What incorrect info?

Good job, that was indeed what I asked.
Well you somehow think I've spent my entire life in school.

My bad, I forgot about those two years you "explored" South Texas.
You think I've accomplished nothing. Which you haven't.
think I got a B+ in Philosophy Yeah, you take shit too literal. Tell you what, replace "Philosophy" with any undergrad course you got a B+ in.
(i've never taken it, but had I I would have gotten an A+, just FYI). Yes, well anyone that has spent the time wondering what is going through a Professor's mind should have a good idea how to get an A+ in a course.
You somehow think I've ever cried to Kori on account of you (LOL @ that, but LOL @ me crying to Kori about anything actually).
I'll admit, this was pretty much an assumption based on the Whiney Bitch like personality you display on this site on a daily basis.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 10:07 PM
How is it shaky? BOTH numbers come from Obama's white house.

Are you saying that the white house is shaky?No, your interpretation is shaky. You have very little understanding in this matter. Whether it is willful isn't clear, but the reason no one is asking your question is because your question sucks.

I feel for you. I really do.You probably base that upon false premises too, so that doesn't mean much to me.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Here's the thing Manny, I don't need to put anything on my resume BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE A JOB.

I'm the same age as you, I can honestly say I have made the world a better place through my work, I own my own property. YOU HAVE NOTHING. YOU'VE DONE NOTHING, and yet you seem to think you are "smarter" or "better" then anyone on this site and you only come off as a douche.

I don't know if I'm alone in thinking all of this, but I know for a FACT you've done nothing with your life. But keep on posting dude, you are winning hearts and minds.

As a fact huh? Same as the fact of how I go crying to Kori? LOL @ you own your own property. Seriously John, who are you trying to prove that you've done more. To me or to yourself? If its to me, why do you care what I think of you? You sound extremely sure and proud of yourself John. Thats probably why you have to keep reassuring yourself. Is this also why I'm supposed to care what you think of me? Oh wait, this is obviously why I go crying to Kori. Because I care what you say.

Props on being accomplished at life. Did they give you a certificate? I guess being so accomplished in life - with property ownership and all (fuck man - props!) - is why you have time to post in forums you hate so much.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm going to go to be now Manny. We grown ups have to wake up before 10 AM because we have to do something known as WORK.

You enjoy Macro Economic Theory class and I hope you solve all the worlds problems while you're there.............Wait, nevermind, you may solve the problem, but God knows that the world won't care because you're just another student.

By the way...........that Graduate degree I have..............I have no idea where it is, I think it's tucked away in the attic...........just collecting dust.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Props on being accomplished at life. Did they give you a certificate? I guess being so accomplished in life - with property ownership and all (fuck man - props!) - is why you have time to post in forums you hate so much.

Isn't one of your goals to buy a house soon?

I'll sell you one of mine..................bitch.:lmao

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Before you go to bed, John. Make sure to say your prayers and ask god for a bit more self esteem. You can own property AND believe in yourself bud. True story.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Isn't one of your goals to buy a house soon?

I'll sell you one of mine..................bitch.:lmao

Man, you should stick to the monkey jokes. At least those aren't made up. And weren't you going to bed? It must suck when you're not self employed and you have to work someone else's hours. But then again, you think having to go to a job is a good thing and a sign that you're accomplished. Right?

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:15 PM
ChumpDumper said "I'm suspicious by nature " Right buddy. You are a hardcore Democrat. You are suspicious only what is not Democrat.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Okay, I'm' being serious here. Would one of the Obama supporters in here please square this sentence, from President Obama's opening statement with the graph I posted in the first post of this thread.

Statement:

"At the end of the day, the best way to bring our deficit down in the long run is not with a budget that continues the very same policies that have led us to a narrow prosperity and massive debt. It's with a budget that leads to broad economic growth by moving from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest."

graph:

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wapoobamabudget1.jpg[/QUOTE]

Please, tell me how that is not a bald-faced lie. I'm not picking a fight; I would seriously like for someone to defend this...

I'm starting to get the impression he neither knows the consequences of his policy initiatives nor what is going to pop up on the teleprompter when he steps to the podium.

Gino
03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
No, your interpretation is shaky. You have very little understanding in this matter. Whether it is willful isn't clear, but the reason no one is asking your question is because your question sucks.

You probably base that upon false premises too, so that doesn't mean much to me.

Yes, my "interpretation" that the words of that article say that only 65% of the stimulus money will be spent by September of 2010 is "shaky".

Equally "shaky" is my "interpretation" that the white house is claiming the GDP will grow by 3.2% in 2010.

Bottom line: you dont have a fucking clue. If it was obvious or there was any logical explanation, you would have stated it by now. But you dont because the idea to spend economic stimulus money during a time of healthy economic growth when you have a deficit of 6% of your GDP is asinine.

He can either tell us that this is worst economic crisis since the great depression or he can tell us that we are going to have a rosy economic recovery. He can't tell us both. If the economy is at full throttle next year, then all this talk of possible economic armageddon is a little over the top, yes?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
ChumpDumper said "I'm suspicious by nature " Right buddy. You are a hardcore Democrat. You are suspious only what is not Democrat.

:lmao:lmao:lmaoNah, I don't take any politician at his word -- just like I don't from posters here. You proved your ignorance about the bonuses pretty thoroughly. All it took was a few posts.

Gino
03-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Okay, I'm' being serious here. Would one of the Obama supporters in here please square this sentence, from President Obama's opening statement with the graph I posted in the first post of this thread.

Statement:

graph:

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wapoobamabudget1.jpg

Please, tell me how that is not a bald-faced lie. I'm not picking a fight; I would seriously like for someone to defend this...

I'm starting to get the impression he neither knows the consequences of his policy initiatives nor what is going to pop up on the teleprompter when he steps to the podium.

Yeah, its mind boggling. You have a president who says one thing but does the exact opposite.

Thanks for the graph, btw.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Nah, I don't take any politician at his word -- just like I don't from posters here. You proved your ignorance about the bonuses pretty thoroughly. All it took was a few posts.

hahahahhahaha. So u think AIG deserved those bonuses. Thats grand!

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes, my "interpretation" that the words of that article say that only 65% of the stimulus money will be spent by September of 2010 is "shaky".

Equally "shaky" is my "interpretation" that the white house is claiming the GDP will grow by 3.2% in 2010.

Bottom line: you dont have a fucking clue. If it was obvious or there was any logical explanation, you would have stated it by now. But you dont because the idea to spend economic stimulus money during a time of healthy economic growth when you have a deficit of 6% of your GDP is asinine.You don't even realize what question you asked.

I answered it. 65% of the money will have been spent. That is not an insignificant amount of money as you are now trying to pretend.

Bottom line: your question sucks -- that's why no one is asking it.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 10:24 PM
hahahahhahaha. So u think AIG deserved those bonuses. Thats grand!When asked, your only reason for saying the employees shouldn't be paid is because they work for AIG. When explained why they were receiving retention bonuses you said we had a point but that AIG shouldn't try to keep any employees for any reason.

That's grand.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:28 PM
When asked, your only reason for saying the employees shouldn't be paid is because they work for AIG. When explained why they were receiving retention bonuses you said we had a point.

That's grand.

No Chumpy, I said they don't deserve bonuses, Ur definition of a bonus is different then mine and apparently Obama's. They really need to take a look at the employees so this does not happen again.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 10:31 PM
No Chumpy, I said they don't deserve bonuses, Ur definition of a bonus is different then mine and apparently Obama's. They really need to take a look at the employees so this does not happen again.The type of bonus here is fully defined by everyone with the possible exception of you. If you want to use a different word, go ahead. It won't change anything one bit.

Why do they need to take a look at the employees? Which employees?

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 10:34 PM
No Chumpy, I said they don't deserve bonuses, Ur definition of a bonus is different then mine and apparently Obama's. They really need to take a look at the employees so this does not happen again.
I think the definition IS different. I get the impression you're thinking in terms of a bonus being a reward for doing good work. In this case, these were retention bonuses, promised if the employees stayed on at a failing enterprise -- at the expense of seeking other, more stable, employment -- so that AIG might be able to wind down the toxic side of their investment house before it was swallowed alive.

johnsmith
03-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Man, you should stick to the monkey jokes. At least those aren't made up. True.
And weren't you going to bed? Yep, still am, thanks for caring.
It must suck when you're not self employed and you have to work someone else's hours. :lmao:lmao I guess I could go into business selling fruit cups on the corner of Military and 35 the way you do but I don't want to take away from your business.
But then again, you think having to go to a job is a good thing and a sign that you're accomplished. Right? I think it's a better thing then always being in school via tax payer money for your minority ass.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:39 PM
The type of bonus here is fully defined by everyone with the possible exception of you. If you want to use a different word, go ahead. It won't change anything one bit.

Why do they need to take a look at the employees? Which employees?

Obviously not just me. WOW.

I feel sorry for some, just a tiny tiny tiny bit. The innocents that work for AIG . Not so much that I want any of them to keep a bonus. The bonus they get is they still have a job,

Take a look at the employees of AIG to find out who wrote this bullshit in to the contracts. It so freaken obvious they fucked up. BILLIONS was spent on them.

Again the American people should not have to pay for there mistakes again. Again Obama agrees.

Why don't you agree witth the choosen one?

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I think the definition IS different. I get the impression you're thinking in terms of a bonus being a reward for doing good work. In this case, these were retention bonuses, promised if the employees stayed on at a failing enterprise -- at the expense of seeking other, more stable, employment -- so that AIG might be able to wind down the toxic side of their investment house before it was swallowed alive.

Dude, They would not have JOBS. NO bonuses.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 10:43 PM

I feel sorry for some, just a tiny tiny tiny bit. The innocents that work for AIG . Not so much that I want any of them to keep a bonus. The bonus they get is they still have a jobRight, and they could probably leave to get another job pretty easily given the dead-end nature of their current employment. AIG had to do something to make staying worth their while.

Take a look at the employees of AIG to find out who wrote this bullshit in to the contracts. It so freaken obvious they fucked up. BILLIONS was spent on them.According to the CEO's testimony, they are gone and not the ones receiving the bonuses.

Again the American people should not have to pay for there mistakes again. Again Obama agrees.

Why don't you agree witth the choosen one?Because I never saw him as the chosen one and rarely if ever find myself in full agreement with anyone. If you see him as such, have you always agreed with him, or did you just use that term to distract from the actual issue at hand?

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 10:45 PM

I feel sorry for some, just a tiny tiny tiny bit. The innocents that work for AIG . Not so much that I want any of them to keep a bonus. The bonus they get is they still have a job,
That's where you're wrong. These employees were part of the organization that is being shut down. They were told that they would be out of a job at the end of the effort but, that to keep them around until then, they were offered these RETENTION bonuses.

Take a look at the employees of AIG to find out who wrote this bullshit in to the contracts. It so freaken obvious they fucked up. BILLIONS was spent on them.
Retention bonuses are fairly standard practice in such situations.

Again the American people should not have to pay for there mistakes again.
Who says it was their mistake? These guys are as much victims of AIG's screw up as the rest of us. The only difference is they stayed -- pursuant to a contract -- to try and mitigate the damage. They're due the money.

Again Obama agrees.
I'm not sure that helps your argument.

Why don't you agree witth the choosen one?
I know this wasn't intended for me but let me emphatically respond, No!

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Dude, They would not have JOBS. NO bonuses.
Dude, they were probably more marketable to other companies back at the beginning of this fiasco and, recognizing that, AIG offered them the retention bonuses so they wouldn't flee to another company and leave AIG to implode.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Right, and they could probably leave to get another job pretty easily given the dead-end nature of their current employment. AIG had to do something to make staying worth their while.

According to the CEO's testimony, they are gone and not the ones receiving the bonuses.

Because I never saw him as the chosen one and rarely if ever find myself in full agreement with anyone. If you see him as such, have you always agreed with him, or did you just use that term to distract from the actual issue at hand?

Thats AIG's problem. Noone held a knife and said stay. They threw fake money at them. Money that was not there. Do you not get that company was almost bankrupt. That noone there would have a job. Do you not get the American people are paying employees of a private company. This is not welfare.

I don't believe the new CEO. Why would I?

Chumpy, you are a democrat. Don't hide it now.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Dude, they were probably more marketable to other companies back at the beginning of this fiasco and, recognizing that, AIG offered them the retention bonuses so they wouldn't flee to another company and leave AIG to implode.

Where? Come on. Are you saying they did not see this coming the past 12 months. If they had oppurtunities they should have left. Instead of holding out for money that was not there.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Candidate Obama vs. President Obama

EUQI5PzKPPs

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Thats AIG's problem. Noone held a knife and said stay. They threw fake money at them. Money that was not there. Do you not get that company was almost bankrupt. That noone there would have a job. Do you not get the American people are paying employees of a private company. This is not welfare.When free marketeers like Bush and Paulson shit their pants so badly when faced with the collapse of AIG that they trash their entire respective philosophies to bail them out, it seems pretty serious to me.

I don't believe the new CEO. Why would I?So you can prove he is lying?

Chumpy, you are a democrat. Don't hide it now.I have voted for members of both parties and will probably continue to do so.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Candidate Obama vs. President Obama

EUQI5PzKPPs

classic

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Where? Come on. Are you saying they did not see this coming the past 12 months. If they had oppurunities they should have left. Instead of holding out for money that was not there.
The money was there until Congress legislated it away.

Remember we're still only talking .009% of the bailout figure and probably, not a substantial amount against the AIG losses if, without a bailout, they'd of had to come up with the $165 million.

And, there's always bankruptcy court. That's the place these contracts could have been negated or renogiated should that have been necessary. These employees are creditors -- or were, until Congress stepped in -- just like all the other people and entities AIG owed. Why aren't you as incensed about the billions AIG just passed through to other banks and companies who then used those funds to hand out bonuses, etc...?

I'm telling you, condoning this bill of attainder is putting too much power into the hands of Congress. That's why the Constitution specifically limited that power.

The more I think about this the more I realize how screwed those AIG employees were.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
When free marketeers like Bush and Paulson shit their pants so badly when faced with the collapse of AIG that they trash their entire respective philosophies to bail them out, it seems pretty serious to me.

So you can prove he is lying?

I have voted for members of both parties and will probably continue to do so.

Keep blaming Bush. It was Obamas man that ok'd the bonuses to AIG. It was Obama to say later thats not cool and forced them to give it back

Can u prove he is telling the truth. Giving AIGs track record I say he has no clue whats going on?

I would be curious to know what non Democrat you voted for and why.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 11:04 PM
The money was there until Congress legislated it away.

Remember we're still only talking .009% of the bailout figure and probably, not a substantial amount against the AIG losses if, without a bailout, they'd of had to come up with the $165 million.

And, there's always bankruptcy court. That's the place these contracts could have been negated or renogiated should that have been necessary. These employees are creditors -- or were, until Congress stepped in -- just like all the other people and entities AIG owed. Why aren't you as incensed about the billions AIG just passed through to other banks and companies who then used those funds to hand out bonuses, etc...?

I'm telling you, condoning this bill of attainder is putting too much power into the hands of Congress. That's why the Constitution specifically limited that power.

The more I think about this the more I realize how screwed those AIG employees were.

Not me.

Yonivore
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Not me.
Yeah, I see that.

So, let's say you spent 10 years at a job, became an expert and, then, promoted to an executive position. A year or two down the road, your boss comes to you and says, "Say, Jack, when you were in the widget branch, you ran a tight ship. Unfortunately, the management that replaced you has made a shambles of the place and it threatens to bring down the whole company. They've made some poor investments and it is coming back to bite us big time. We fired them before they could do any more damage but, now we really need an expert to step in and try to clean it up and limit the damage. Even if you do a great job, it's highly likely that at the end of this road, we'll be restructured significantly and many jobs -- probably even yours -- will be gone. But, we're afraid that if you don't bring your expertise to bear, we'll completely collapse and cease to exist. I'm willing to pay you a 4 million dollar retention bonus if you'll stay until the job is done. What do you say?"

Now, keep in mind Jack, you have no idea there will be a bailout or any outcry over the bonus down the road. As far as your concerned -- and, indeed, since pretty much the beginning of contract law, you're pretty much assured of getting the money unless -- you fail and the company goes bankrupt, at which point you become another creditor to which AIG owes money.

If you had known that Congress would tax 100% of the bonus, would you have stayed? Only if you were a fool.

But, there are broader implications by this congressional act. I've already seen stories saying that, consider this and the Obama's threat to try and limit executive pay to $500K, we'll probably see a flight of financial talent so fast, it'll again jeopardize the economy. Not only that, how can any private investor trust the government will stand by any agreement made if some future Barney Frank whips the masses into a frenzy.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Keep blaming Bush. It was Obamas man that ok'd the bonuses to AIG. It was Obama to say later thats not cool and forced them to give it backThey were made in before he took office. I don't blame Bush for the bonuses.

Can u prove he is telling the truth. Giving AIGs track record I say he has no clue whats going on?Seeing as all eyes are now on his company, the burden of proof is on you now.

I would be curious to know what non Democrat you voted for and why.Several, because I liked them as candidates.

jack sommerset
03-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I see that.

So, let's say you spent 10 years at a job, became an expert and, then, promoted to an executive position. A year or two down the road, your boss comes to you and says, "Say, Jack, when you were in the widget branch, you ran a tight ship. Unfortunately, the management that replaced you has made a shambles of the place and it threatens to bring down the whole company. They've made some poor investments and it is coming back to bite us big time. We fired them before they could do any more damage but, now we really need an expert to step in and try to clean it up and limit the damage. Even if you do a great job, it's highly likely that at the end of this road, we'll be restructured significantly and many jobs -- probably even yours -- will be gone. But, we're afraid that if you don't bring your expertise to bear, we'll completely collapse and cease to exist. I'm willing to pay you a 4 million dollar retention bonus if you'll stay until the job is done. What do you say?"

Now, keep in mind Jack, you have no idea there will be a bailout or any outcry over the bonus down the road. As far as your concerned -- and, indeed, since pretty much the beginning of contract law, you're pretty much assured of getting the money unless -- you fail and the company goes bankrupt, at which point you become another creditor to which AIG owes money.

If you had known that Congress would tax 100% of the bonus, would you have stayed? Only if you were a fool.

But, there are broader implications by this congressional act. I've already seen stories saying that, consider this and the Obama's threat to try and limit executive pay to $500K, we'll probably see a flight of financial talent so fast, it'll again jeopardize the economy. Not only that, how can any private investor trust the government will stand by any agreement made if some future Barney Frank whips the masses into a frenzy.

I worked at a company for 10 years. I started off at the bottom and worked my way all the way to the top. I was promised stock,bonuses, increase in salary. They backed it up from pay check to pay check and documents that showed my stock was worth money within the company and of course a contract that had bonuses.

I had my eyes wide open. I worked my ass off and I paid attention to what was going on within the cirlce of our company. I also saw the bills we could not pay.I saw the people that were scared. I knew this job was not going to be there much longer. I left. Got a new job that paid less and I kept my eye on my friends and co-workers I left behind so to speak. We talked about the promises they made, the gold at the end of the rainbow, the reasons why I left. They held out for hope.

I left on time. They should have known. They all lost there job 7-8 months later.

Thank goodness I guess for the government for bailing out AIG. If the company I was at had a second chance they would have made the right decsions not to get in to this mess again. Atleast I hope they would have. But what did AIG do, keep the good times rolling and forgot about all the problems they had before.

Thats my expierence in life and alot of people had. I am not mad. I moved on. My expierence and work ethics I was able to open up my own business 3 years ago and I am living good.

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Thank goodness I guess for the government for bailing out AIG. If the company I was at had a second chance they would have made the right decsions not to get in to this mess again. Atleast I hope they would have. But what did AIG do, keep the good times rolling and forgot about all the problems they had before.

Thats my expierence in life and alot of people had. I am not mad. I moved on. My expierence and work ethics I was able to open up my own business 3 years ago and I am living good.

1. shit mate wouldve made sense if the economy kept on rolling..ur shares would be worth something, if you break it down per share you could earn more than per hour, but then again now the prices of the per shares are worth jackshit way less then what you earn per hour. I laugh at my friends who worked for banks and shit.....

2. Just wait till OBAMA increase land+estate taxes :(

Yonivore
03-25-2009, 08:31 AM
The following is a letter sent on Tuesday by Jake DeSantis, an executive vice president of the American International Group’s financial products unit, to Edward M. Liddy, the chief executive of A.I.G.

DEAR Mr. Liddy,

It is with deep regret that I submit my notice of resignation from A.I.G. Financial Products. I hope you take the time to read this entire letter. Before describing the details of my decision, I want to offer some context:

I am proud of everything I have done for the commodity and equity divisions of A.I.G.-F.P. I was in no way involved in — or responsible for — the credit default swap transactions that have hamstrung A.I.G. Nor were more than a handful of the 400 current employees of A.I.G.-F.P. Most of those responsible have left the company and have conspicuously escaped the public outrage.

After 12 months of hard work dismantling the company — during which A.I.G. reassured us many times we would be rewarded in March 2009 — we in the financial products unit have been betrayed by A.I.G. and are being unfairly persecuted by elected officials. In response to this, I will now leave the company and donate my entire post-tax retention payment to those suffering from the global economic downturn. My intent is to keep none of the money myself.

I take this action after 11 years of dedicated, honorable service to A.I.G. I can no longer effectively perform my duties in this dysfunctional environment, nor am I being paid to do so. Like you, I was asked to work for an annual salary of $1, and I agreed out of a sense of duty to the company and to the public officials who have come to its aid. Having now been let down by both, I can no longer justify spending 10, 12, 14 hours a day away from my family for the benefit of those who have let me down.

You and I have never met or spoken to each other, so I’d like to tell you about myself. I was raised by schoolteachers working multiple jobs in a world of closing steel mills. My hard work earned me acceptance to M.I.T., and the institute’s generous financial aid enabled me to attend. I had fulfilled my American dream.

I started at this company in 1998 as an equity trader, became the head of equity and commodity trading and, a couple of years before A.I.G.’s meltdown last September, was named the head of business development for commodities. Over this period the equity and commodity units were consistently profitable — in most years generating net profits of well over $100 million. Most recently, during the dismantling of A.I.G.-F.P., I was an integral player in the pending sale of its well-regarded commodity index business to UBS. As you know, business unit sales like this are crucial to A.I.G.’s effort to repay the American taxpayer.

The profitability of the businesses with which I was associated clearly supported my compensation. I never received any pay resulting from the credit default swaps that are now losing so much money. I did, however, like many others here, lose a significant portion of my life savings in the form of deferred compensation invested in the capital of A.I.G.-F.P. because of those losses. In this way I have personally suffered from this controversial activity — directly as well as indirectly with the rest of the taxpayers.

I have the utmost respect for the civic duty that you are now performing at A.I.G. You are as blameless for these credit default swap losses as I am. You answered your country’s call and you are taking a tremendous beating for it.

But you also are aware that most of the employees of your financial products unit had nothing to do with the large losses. And I am disappointed and frustrated over your lack of support for us. I and many others in the unit feel betrayed that you failed to stand up for us in the face of untrue and unfair accusations from certain members of Congress last Wednesday and from the press over our retention payments, and that you didn’t defend us against the baseless and reckless comments made by the attorneys general of New York and Connecticut.

My guess is that in October, when you learned of these retention contracts, you realized that the employees of the financial products unit needed some incentive to stay and that the contracts, being both ethical and useful, should be left to stand. That’s probably why A.I.G. management assured us on three occasions during that month that the company would “live up to its commitment” to honor the contract guarantees.

That may be why you decided to accelerate by three months more than a quarter of the amounts due under the contracts. That action signified to us your support, and was hardly something that one would do if he truly found the contracts “distasteful.”

That may also be why you authorized the balance of the payments on March 13.

At no time during the past six months that you have been leading A.I.G. did you ask us to revise, renegotiate or break these contracts — until several hours before your appearance last week before Congress.

I think your initial decision to honor the contracts was both ethical and financially astute, but it seems to have been politically unwise. It’s now apparent that you either misunderstood the agreements that you had made — tacit or otherwise — with the Federal Reserve, the Treasury, various members of Congress and Attorney General Andrew Cuomo of New York, or were not strong enough to withstand the shifting political winds.

You’ve now asked the current employees of A.I.G.-F.P. to repay these earnings. As you can imagine, there has been a tremendous amount of serious thought and heated discussion about how we should respond to this breach of trust.

As most of us have done nothing wrong, guilt is not a motivation to surrender our earnings. We have worked 12 long months under these contracts and now deserve to be paid as promised. None of us should be cheated of our payments any more than a plumber should be cheated after he has fixed the pipes but a careless electrician causes a fire that burns down the house.

Many of the employees have, in the past six months, turned down job offers from more stable employers, based on A.I.G.’s assurances that the contracts would be honored. They are now angry about having been misled by A.I.G.’s promises and are not inclined to return the money as a favor to you.

The only real motivation that anyone at A.I.G.-F.P. now has is fear. Mr. Cuomo has threatened to “name and shame,” and his counterpart in Connecticut, Richard Blumenthal, has made similar threats — even though attorneys general are supposed to stand for due process, to conduct trials in courts and not the press.

So what am I to do? There’s no easy answer. I know that because of hard work I have benefited more than most during the economic boom and have saved enough that my family is unlikely to suffer devastating losses during the current bust. Some might argue that members of my profession have been overpaid, and I wouldn’t disagree.

That is why I have decided to donate 100 percent of the effective after-tax proceeds of my retention payment directly to organizations that are helping people who are suffering from the global downturn. This is not a tax-deduction gimmick; I simply believe that I at least deserve to dictate how my earnings are spent, and do not want to see them disappear back into the obscurity of A.I.G.’s or the federal government’s budget. Our earnings have caused such a distraction for so many from the more pressing issues our country faces, and I would like to see my share of it benefit those truly in need.

On March 16 I received a payment from A.I.G. amounting to $742,006.40, after taxes. In light of the uncertainty over the ultimate taxation and legal status of this payment, the actual amount I donate may be less — in fact, it may end up being far less if the recent House bill raising the tax on the retention payments to 90 percent stands. Once all the money is donated, you will immediately receive a list of all recipients.

This choice is right for me. I wish others at A.I.G.-F.P. luck finding peace with their difficult decision, and only hope their judgment is not clouded by fear.

Mr. Liddy, I wish you success in your commitment to return the money extended by the American government, and luck with the continued unwinding of the company’s diverse businesses — especially those remaining credit default swaps. I’ll continue over the short term to help make sure no balls are dropped, but after what’s happened this past week I can’t remain much longer — there is too much bad blood. I’m not sure how you will greet my resignation, but at least Attorney General Blumenthal should be relieved that I’ll leave under my own power and will not need to be “shoved out the door.”

Sincerely,

Jake DeSantis
Well, it appears I wasn't too far from wrong.

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Like he is going to fix the high cost of health care by increasing the
amount spent. Only a lawyer could come up with an answer like that,
see children, that is how you solve the debt problem.

Kinda like going to war in order to keep peace, right? :)

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
At what age is appropriate to give up on the dream of being a life long student and actually make a difference on this Earth?

False dichotomy. You can learn and make a difference at the same time.

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 12:34 PM
This forum is a wonderful example of how fucked up our government is because we have a bunch of normal folks that get so mad at the other side about a few issue that we can't even come close to agreement on the REAL ISSUES.

So again, go fuck yourselves.

:rollin

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 12:35 PM

64% isn't "much" money? What would you define as "spending much money"?

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
What incorrect info? Well you somehow think I've spent my entire life in school. You think I've accomplished nothing. You think I got a B+ in Philosophy (i've never taken it, but had I I would have gotten an A+, just FYI). You somehow think I've ever cried to Kori on account of you (LOL @ that, but LOL @ me crying to Kori about anything actually).

I got a 70 on my Dantes for Ethics in America... the cutoff was a 46. That's gotta be like an A or so, right? :)

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm going to go to be now Manny. We grown ups have to wake up before 10 AM because we have to do something known as WORK.

You enjoy Macro Economic Theory class and I hope you solve all the worlds problems while you're there.............Wait, nevermind, you may solve the problem, but God knows that the world won't care because you're just another student.

By the way...........that Graduate degree I have..............I have no idea where it is, I think it's tucked away in the attic...........just collecting dust.

Is Johnsmith a stalker or something?

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 12:42 PM

Statement:

graph:

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wapoobamabudget1.jpg

I'm starting to get the impression he neither knows the consequences of his policy initiatives nor what is going to pop up on the teleprompter when he steps to the podium.[/quote]

He didn't say when that era would begin.... lol :D