PDA

View Full Version : Rotations

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-24-2009, 10:22 PM
I think one of the major reasons we are out of sorts right now, beside the obvious injury problems, is that Pop has tinkered with the rotations to the point that everyone is confused about their roles now. He's been playing Ime to see what he can give, Fab and Gooden the same, and then there's the shmozzle at backup PG (c'mon Pop, trust in Hill! He'll get it done), and all the juggling has put everyone off their game.

The problem Pop has is that a bunch of his role players are performing okay with no standouts right now:

Who backs up at PG? I, and most of you seemingly, would go with Hill, but Beno has left Pop gun-shy about rookie backup PGs in the playoffs, so he's using Mason unsuccessfully.

Who do you start out of Finley and Udoka? Both are hot and cold, world beaters one moment, horrible the next. Then, who do you play out of Finley/Udoka/Bowen? One of them is going to have to sit for chemistry's sake, but who? I say go with what worked - Finley starts, Bowen plays when the other team has a guy getting hot, Ime sits.

Who do you play from Bonner/KT/Fab/Gooden? Starting Matt makes sense as he spreads the floor for Tim and Tony, but KT is our best big not named Big Fundamental. Gooden can score, but is often lost on D, and mistake-prone, and Fab has looked good in limited minutes lately.

I say go with what worked when the team was clicking:

Parker --> Hill
Mason --> Manu
Finley --> Bowen
Duncan --> (Gooden, to shorten Tim's minutes in the run up to the playoffs, and call 4-down for him fer cryin out loud!)
Bonner --> KT

How do you shorten that rotation? Not sure it can be done.

Pop'd better settle it down, and quickly, to re-establish some chemistry, or we're a danger for a first round flameout.

Thoughts?

Manufan909
03-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Parker --> Hill
Mason --> Manu
Ime(one last chance)Finley --> Bowen
Duncan --> (Gooden, and call 4-down for him fer cryin out loud!)
Bonner --> KT

Pop'd better settle it down, and quickly, to re-establish some chemistry, or we're a danger for a first round flameout.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Hope Gooden gets the hang of the D by the POs, but he has almost no time to learn, and unless the 3-5 seeds start losing streaks and the Spurs do the opposite, there won't be many games to put in Gooden that don't effect the standings. Manu coming back alone should end the Mason PG experiment, and make Gooden look REALLY good.
:flag:

MaNu4Tres
03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
OR Maybe we are 7-6 the past 13 games because our number 1 go to go is hurt and is putting up 15 points on 43 percent shooting and is a step slow in his defensive rotations due to his injury?

loveforthegame
03-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Great post. I was talking about this with my friends while watching the game tonight.

I can see if Pop was doing this lineup tinkering in the beginning of the season but it seems silly and confusing at this point.

The lineup you have is the exact one I want to see. It's tough because Udoka has been playing better and Oberto has even been ok in short stints here and there. Not sure where Vaughn fits because Pop has hardly looked at him. Make quick subs as needed but stop with the tinkering.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-24-2009, 10:38 PM
OR Maybe we are 7-6 the past 13 games because our number 1 go to go is hurt and is putting up 15 points on 43 percent shooting and is a step slow in his defensive rotations due to his injury?

I mentioned the injury factor, but to me it's chemistry, they look out of sorts, and when it comes to the Spurs that's usually about role confusion.

As for Tim, he hasn't been our number one go to guy for 2 years, TP and Manu have taken over that role. But yes, Tim being hurt isn't helping. That's why I'd play Gooden half a game and call offense for him - take the stress off Tim, and see if he can be useful.

Today in the 4th (3rd?) we saw a 4-down called for Drew and it ended in 2 FTs. More of that please!

timvp
03-24-2009, 10:40 PM
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/stau0156/architecture/garbage%20can.jpg

timvp
03-24-2009, 10:41 PM
P.S.

I'll actually read this thread in a little bit. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, timvp I'd like to know how you would shorten the rotation, because that needs to happen, and NOW.

Do you start Udoka and send Fin to the doghouse?

Do you trust in Gooden and relegate Fab?

I'm tempted to say yes to both, although in the OP I said stick with Fin... I'm conflicted, just like Pop obviously is! :lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM
bowen currently is useless, and only effective in short stints in the game guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player.

as for udoka and finley, i say you change them around each game......they will have to play good to get more minutes or sit teh fuck down, they are actually competing against each other, hopefully the fire is in there for UDOKA since its a contract year.

MaNu4Tres
03-24-2009, 10:58 PM
I mentioned the injury factor, but to me it's chemistry, they look out of sorts, and when it comes to the Spurs that's usually about role confusion.

As for Tim, he hasn't been our number one go to guy for 2 years, TP and Manu have taken over that role. But yes, Tim being hurt isn't helping. That's why I'd play Gooden half a game and call offense for him - take the stress off Tim, and see if he can be useful.

Today in the 4th (3rd?) we saw a 4-down called for Drew and it ended in 2 FTs. More of that please!

Tim has his equal share of touches as Manu and Tony. Being that Tim usually opened up everything for everyone including Manu and Tony by being an efficient monster inside. Now that is not the case as his footwork and quickness have dissipated due to this injury.

I think Tim is the main reason for our struggles. But I do agree with you, we don't have any standout consistent performers out of our role players. Against bad teams Mason gets looks and performs well. Thats all good and gravy. Unfortunatly against good teams who have Mason scouted, that is simply not the case as they try to make him put the ball on the floor. The rotations are a mess. No one is really consistent. The only solution to that problem I think is to play your most talented players and the players who have proved they will go to war year in and year out.
Yes Udoka and Oberto have showed life recently. But lets get real. How consistent have they been all year? and realistically do you believe udoka will produce more than bowen? do you think oberto will produce more than gooden? NO and NO...

Parker Hill Manu Mason Finley Bowen Tim Gooden Kurt Bonner ...those 10 will give us the best chance to win. Give and take their minutes according to matchups.

Spursmania
03-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Pop needs to get his rotations straight. The guys do seem out of sorts out there.

lurker23
03-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Good OP. :tu

My (perhaps overly optimistic) hope is that once Manu gets back, Pop will say, "Okay, now I've seen what everyone can do and I have everyone on the floor; time to set up my playoff rotation."

KenGee21
03-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I still say with Duncan not able to anchor the defense like he did in the past, you can't start both Finley and Bonner because there is an immediate drop-off in our defense.

Whatever benefit we gain from their outside shooting doesn't compensate for this deficiency, especially when considering who they match-up with at the 2,3, & 4 spots on teams like the Lakers, Rockets, etc.

IMO having either Thomas or Bowen starting in place of Finley or Bonner would give the team a more balanced attack on both ends of the floor.

SequSpur
03-24-2009, 11:25 PM
you guys think you know everything....

NRHector
03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
We are also risking that Tony might run out of gas in the playoffs, he is young but the guy has been working over-time with Tim and Manu injuries I just hope that is not the case, I hope he can get some rest also.

SequSpur
03-24-2009, 11:27 PM
We are also risking that Tony might run out of gas in the playoffs, he is young but the guy has been working over-time with Tim and Manu injuries I just hope that is not the case, I hope he can get some rest also.

unlike Every other month Manu and Old ass Timmay... Parker's got this shit...

you heard it from me first...

NRHector
03-24-2009, 11:32 PM
unlike Every other month Manu and Old ass Timmay... Parker's got this shit...

you heard it from me first...:tu

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Good post.
It depends on matchups of course but the way I'd like it would be something like :

PG - 48 mins
Tony : 36-38 and Hill : 10-12. If Hill struggles then Manu should get a few mins there, unless it messes up the swingmen rotation. In this case go with Vaughn.

Swingmen - 96 mins
Starters - Mason ( ~28 mins ) and Fin ( ~20 mins ). If Finley starts cold it usually indicates he's having one of his ghost games, just bench him and give his minutes to Bowen/Mason/Manu depending on matchups.
Subs - Manu ( ~28 mins ) and Bowen ( ~20 mins ). Ime would probably get a few minutes depending on matchups and in case of smallball. Under no circumstances do I want Fin as a 4 in a small ball stint.
Also, Hill could see some minutes at the 2 position at some point, pairing him with Parker has proved to work in certain conditions. Not so much with Manu though, for some reason.

Bigs - 96 mins
Starters - Tim ( ~36 mins ) and Bonner ( ~20 mins ). Depending on the opponent I'd go with Thomas as a starter too, but not if this means we'd get Bonner and Gooden playing at the same time even for 1 minute.
Subs - Thomas ( ~22 mins ) and Gooden ( ~18 mins ). Oberto could help also if needed or in case of foul trouble.Hopefully we would not see smallball too much.

To summarize this is a 10-man rotation, which I'm not sure Pop would like. I'd expect him to go 8 or 9 men deep in each game ( unless it's a blowout ) depending on matchups. This possibly means that Hill will be out of the rotation most of the time. Not sure which big would have to be out if Pop decides to use 3 bigs only or play smallball.

stéphane
03-25-2009, 04:50 AM
I'm not sold on a fixed rotation.
You have to adapt to matchups as we have situational role players (bigs for example).
You may want Hill to defend a thin SG and make him work. You want to play Bonner if we're getting crushed inside just to give him his minutes?
That said, Pop's choices are mostly horrible right now.
Hope it changes as soon as Manu is back.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Great replies people, nice analysis in classic ST form. :)

Tim has his equal share of touches as Manu and Tony. Being that Tim usually opened up everything for everyone including Manu and Tony by being an efficient monster inside. Now that is not the case as his footwork and quickness have dissipated due to this injury.

I think Tim is the main reason for our struggles. But I do agree with you, we don't have any standout consistent performers out of our role players. Against bad teams Mason gets looks and performs well. Thats all good and gravy. Unfortunatly against good teams who have Mason scouted, that is simply not the case as they try to make him put the ball on the floor. The rotations are a mess. No one is really consistent. The only solution to that problem I think is to play your most talented players and the players who have proved they will go to war year in and year out.
Yes Udoka and Oberto have showed life recently. But lets get real. How consistent have they been all year? and realistically do you believe udoka will produce more than bowen? do you think oberto will produce more than gooden? NO and NO...

Parker Hill Manu Mason Finley Bowen Tim Gooden Kurt Bonner ...those 10 will give us the best chance to win. Give and take their minutes according to matchups.

The question is whether you take "produce more" to mean 'produce more stats', or play better with the other 4 guys. The two are not always the same thing. For example, Fab lately looks very much in sync with the guys he's out there with, but doesn't produce much in the way of statistical impact. That being said, you are right and nail it in that final paragraph, those 10 are our best chance to win.

Good OP. :tu

My (perhaps overly optimistic) hope is that once Manu gets back, Pop will say, "Okay, now I've seen what everyone can do and I have everyone on the floor; time to set up my playoff rotation."

That sounds about right to me. I bet we'll have a settled rotation by 7 or 8 games to go in the season.

True, he's been doing a lot of work, but he's also in the prime of his career and I'm not worried about his motor come playoff time and no b-2-bs. Just stay healthy, TP!

Good post.
It depends on matchups of course but the way I'd like it would be something like :

PG - 48 mins
Tony : 36-38 and Hill : 10-12. If Hill struggles then Manu should get a few mins there, unless it messes up the swingmen rotation. In this case go with Vaughn.

Swingmen - 96 mins
Starters - Mason ( ~28 mins ) and Fin ( ~20 mins ). If Finley starts cold it usually indicates he's having one of his ghost games, just bench him and give his minutes to Bowen/Mason/Manu depending on matchups.
Subs - Manu ( ~28 mins ) and Bowen ( ~20 mins ). Ime would probably get a few minutes depending on matchups and in case of smallball. Under no circumstances do I want Fin as a 4 in a small ball stint.
Also, Hill could see some minutes at the 2 position at some point, pairing him with Parker has proved to work in certain conditions. Not so much with Manu though, for some reason.

Bigs - 96 mins
Starters - Tim ( ~36 mins ) and Bonner ( ~20 mins ). Depending on the opponent I'd go with Thomas as a starter too, but not if this means we'd get Bonner and Gooden playing at the same time even for 1 minute.
Subs - Thomas ( ~22 mins ) and Gooden ( ~18 mins ). Oberto could help also if needed or in case of foul trouble.Hopefully we would not see smallball too much.

To summarize this is a 10-man rotation, which I'm not sure Pop would like. I'd expect him to go 8 or 9 men deep in each game ( unless it's a blowout ) depending on matchups. This possibly means that Hill will be out of the rotation most of the time. Not sure which big would have to be out if Pop decides to use 3 bigs only or play smallball.

Great post. Only thing I'd change is more time to Gooden and more rest for Timmy, if he wants it. I think Tim pretty much decides when he wants to play from now on in - he's the best judge of how to manage his injury as it's about pain more than anything. He did this today - played when he was needed, and he can do that against the lesser teams from here on in.

Also, Gooden - I want to see him fed 4-downs, y'know, 3-4 of them in a short stretch, early in the game. Let him attack the other team's backup bigs! He's a very solid post-up guy, and they should just run the play the same way as the would for Timmy. Play to his strength, for cryin out loud!

I'm not sold on a fixed rotation.
You have to adapt to matchups as we have situational role players (bigs for example).
You may want Hill to defend a thin SG and make him work. You want to play Bonner if we're getting crushed inside just to give him his minutes?
That said, Pop's choices are mostly horrible right now.
Hope it changes as soon as Manu is back.

No, there shouldn't be a fixed rotation. Of course, it takes judgment and that is the nature of Pop's job, but he has to drop 2-3 guys from the rotation so that the rest can know who they're playing with regularly and get their chemistry back.

Agloco
03-25-2009, 07:50 AM
I think one of the major reasons we are out of sorts right now, beside the obvious injury problems, is that Pop has tinkered with the rotations to the point that everyone is confused about their roles now. He's been playing Ime to see what he can give, Fab and Gooden the same, and then there's the shmozzle at backup PG (c'mon Pop, trust in Hill! He'll get it done), and all the juggling has put everyone off their game.

The problem Pop has is that a bunch of his role players are performing okay with no standouts right now:

Who backs up at PG? I, and most of you seemingly, would go with Hill, but Beno has left Pop gun-shy about rookie backup PGs in the playoffs, so he's using Mason unsuccessfully.

Who do you start out of Finley and Udoka? Both are hot and cold, world beaters one moment, horrible the next. Then, who do you play out of Finley/Udoka/Bowen? One of them is going to have to sit for chemistry's sake, but who? I say go with what worked - Finley starts, Bowen plays when the other team has a guy getting hot, Ime sits.

Who do you play from Bonner/KT/Fab/Gooden? Starting Matt makes sense as he spreads the floor for Tim and Tony, but KT is our best big not named Big Fundamental. Gooden can score, but is often lost on D, and mistake-prone, and Fab has looked good in limited minutes lately.

I say go with what worked when the team was clicking:

Parker --> Hill
Mason --> Manu
Finley --> Bowen
Duncan --> (Gooden, to shorten Tim's minutes in the run up to the playoffs, and call 4-down for him fer cryin out loud!)
Bonner --> KT

Thoughts?

Hit the nail on the head. I'm glad someone else noticed the lack of consistency by both Pop and the players.

Thing is, Manu is the key to pretty much every rotation issue except at C/PF. He solves a lot of PG issues once he's back. The second unit won't struggle nearly as much with him creating out there. Everyone will be amazed at how Finley, Bonner and Mason all of a sudden have a resurgence.

Horse
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
We desperatly need rebounding so I'm going Duncan, Gooden, Bowen, Mase, Parker. Great mix of offense and defense. Then the second unit with Kt and Ime playing well throw in Manu, Fin, Hill, Or just mix and match and we're real solid

Solid D
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
http://www.blackfive.net/main/images/2008/02/21/confused.jpg

polandprzem
03-25-2009, 11:35 AM
you guys think you know everything....

Do you THINK?

DAF86
03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Playoffs line-up should be:

Tony-Manu-Bowen-Duncan-Gooden (I would give Drew now the chance to start 'till the end of the regular season, play him 30-35 minutes per game, let him make mistakes, call plays for him, boost his confidence. We need this guy to play a major role to get out of the west. If he plays like shit all this time 'till the start of the playoffs then bench him, but at least give him a chance to show what he's got.)

Bench rotation players: Hill, Mason, Bonner and Kurt.

Spursmania
03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
If Pop plans on using Gooden in the playoffs, He really needs to play him more so he can get a groove. Now is the time to let Gooden make his mistakes. If not now, when--the playoffs?

Gooden has obvioulsy screwed up some plays. But given his resume did Pop really think he wasn't? He knew what he was getting with Gooden, now it's up to Pop to coach him the best he can. I would think part of that coaching begins with letting Gooden play a lot more minutes so he can be more accustomed to just playing and not feeling like he's under a microsope since he's only got 6-7 minutes to play before he sits.

What role will Gooden really play, I mean did we get him just to give us 7 minutes a game? Damn Pop...

Chomag
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
If Pop plans on using Gooden in the playoffs, He really needs to play him more so he can get a groove. Now is the time to let Gooden make his mistakes. If not now, when--the playoffs?

Gooden has obvioulsy screwed up some plays. But given his resume did Pop really think he wasn't? He knew what he was getting with Gooden, now it's up to Pop to coach him the best he can. I would think part of that coaching begins with letting Gooden play a lot more minutes so he can be more accustomed to just playing and not feeling like he's under a microsope since he's only got 6-7 minutes to play before he sits.

What role will Gooden really play, I mean did we get him just to give us 7 minutes a game? Damn Pop...

Very good take. I totally agree with you that Pop should be playing Gooden as much as possible right now. It's a no brainer that he will make alot of mistakes. He had to get a crash course and cram a system in his head that takes most every player at least a season to learn and get comfortable with. I would much rather him have the opportunity to make most of his mistakes now rather then in the playoffs.

There is only so much one can learn by just watching.

Joe Schmoogins
03-25-2009, 03:37 PM
There is some good discussion here!

I'd start Tony, RMJ, Bruce, Bonner, and Tim
with Hill, Manu, Finley, Gooden, and Thomas as the reserves...

According to 82games, Bonner has been our best offensive player as far as winning percentage and per are concerned. So I think it's important to keep him in that starting lineup. Also it's interesting to note that the two most successful lineups based on winning percentage have happened when Bonner and Thomas were in the game together. I'm not suggesting we start them, but I would like to see them out there together more often.

One more thing... our most successful lineup as far as point differential per possession consists of Hill, RMJ, Finley, Bonner, and Duncan. This is a lineup we relied on a lot with Parker and Ginobili out. According to these stats Hill isn't to bad at running the point.

Flux451
03-25-2009, 04:47 PM
According to 82games, Bonner has been our best offensive player as far as winning percentage and per are concerned. So I think it's important to keep him in that starting lineup. Also it's interesting to note that the two most successful lineups based on winning percentage have happened when Bonner and Thomas were in the game together. I'm not suggesting we start them, but I would like to see them out there together more often.

One more thing... our most successful lineup as far as point differential per possession consists of Hill, RMJ, Finley, Bonner, and Duncan. This is a lineup we relied on a lot with Parker and Ginobili out. According to these stats Hill isn't to bad at running the point.

Great insight.

I always liked Hill at point and let Mason take charge whenever. But Hill doesn't get involved enough when he doesn't run point. Last game Mason actually had an awesome game, won't be consistent, but let him run with it when he is on...doesn't mean Hill shouldn't get a chance though.

Thomas and Bonner is a good front court with Mason.

Bonner's offense is getting a lot more versitile. His drives aren't too shabby, not pretty, but high percentage shots. In the playoffs he will need to do this more and run and gun cuz the rest of league know what's up now.

timvp
03-26-2009, 04:41 AM
What I would do in the playoffs:

Duncan - 38 minutes
Gooden - 28 minutes
Bowen - 25 minutes
Mason - 34 minutes
Parker - 38 minutes

Ginobili - 32 minutes
Thomas - 30 minutes
Hill - 15 minutes

I'd use Bonner, Finley or Udoka if needed due to matchups.

What Pop will probably do in the playoffs:

Duncan - 37 minutes
Bonner - 22 minutes
Finley - 32 minutes
Mason - 31 minutes
Parker - 38 minutes

Ginobili - 30 minutes
Thomas - 15 minutes
Gooden - 15 minutes
Udoka - 11 minutes
Bowen - 9 minutes

:depressed

z0sa
03-26-2009, 04:45 AM
if bowen avrages 9 mins in the playoffs, we might as well tank now. There will be no championship in San Antonio.

Joe Schmoogins
03-26-2009, 04:47 AM
No love for Bonner from timvp

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-26-2009, 06:11 AM
See, now THIS is Spurstalk. :D

BTW, watching the replay of Atlanta game and very happy to see more chemistry, along with feeding Gooden 4-down. The D is interesting at times though... :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Ma-nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :D

And how about Bonner shutting down Josh Smith in the 1st Q! :lol

Anyway, back to the topic... ;)

imagevo
03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
bowen currently is useless, and only effective in short stints in the game guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player.

as for udoka and finley, i say you change them around each game......they will have to play good to get more minutes or sit teh fuck down, they are actually competing against each other, hopefully the fire is in there for UDOKA since its a contract year.

I don't think Bowen is useless and I still think he plays great defense, we are just a more offensive oriented team this season so he doesn't get the playing time he used to. He probably isn't as good as he was last year but he is still a solid defender.

VI_Massive
03-26-2009, 09:47 PM
What I would do in the playoffs:

Duncan - 38 minutes
Gooden - 28 minutes
Bowen - 25 minutes
Mason - 34 minutes
Parker - 38 minutes

Ginobili - 32 minutes
Thomas - 30 minutes
Hill - 15 minutes

I'd use Bonner, Finley or Udoka if needed due to matchups.

Duncan - 37 minutes
Bonner - 22 minutes
Finley - 32 minutes
Mason - 31 minutes
Parker - 38 minutes

Ginobili - 30 minutes
Thomas - 15 minutes
Gooden - 15 minutes
Udoka - 11 minutes
Bowen - 9 minutes

Pop will definitely play Thomas more than that.

Manufan909
03-27-2009, 04:26 PM

Duncan - 37 minutes
Bonner - 22 minutes
Finley - 32 minutes
Mason - 31 minutes
Parker - 38 minutes

Ginobili - 30 minutes
Thomas - 15 minutes
Gooden - 15 minutes
Udoka - 11 minutes
Bowen - 9 minutes

Idk how sarcastic you were being but I think:

Hill 10+
Bowen 20+
Gooden 20+
Fin less than 30
Udoka less than Bowen
everyone else i have no clue or (Big 3) spot on

Hope tonight sees Hills permanent return as the lone TP backup for at least a few years. I don't mind him being a combo guard, but 10 of his mins should always be at PG. And if he gets chem with TP, use a lineup of TP, Hill, Manu, Duncan, and Gooden. Two low post threats, 2 great defenders(Manu and TP are only pretty good), 3 superstars, and I know Gooden likes the spots Timmy uses on O, but I don't see why they can't share. If one is hot from the paint, feed him him til he goes cold, then switch. I bet it would amuse Duncan to have 4-down called with him not having the ball.:downspin: Of course, Timmy would get the first crack, and if he's off, see what Gooden can do.

WalterBenitez
03-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Good post.

PG - 48 mins

Swingmen - 96 mins

Bigs - 96 mins

I almost agree completely, but I'd cut more Finley's minutes.
I'd like to see KT next Gooden.

Spursfan092120
03-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Playoffs line-up should be:

Tony-Manu-Bowen-Duncan-Gooden (I would give Drew now the chance to start 'till the end of the regular season, play him 30-35 minutes per game, let him make mistakes, call plays for him, boost his confidence. We need this guy to play a major role to get out of the west. If he plays like shit all this time 'till the start of the playoffs then bench him, but at least give him a chance to show what he's got.)

Bench rotation players: Hill, Mason, Bonner and Kurt.
Don't forget..Manu is better off the bench..we need to keep starting Mason and let him get heated up early..and bring Manu in off the bench. Manu is better once he's seen the flow of the game. and Mason's better when he heats up early...it's simple chemistry. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
so, since I started this thread Pop is yet to settle on an 8 or 9 man rotation. As a result, I have a feeling that Pop is not going to shorten the rotation this year for the start of the playoffs - he's going to keep tinkering until he feels comfortable, which doesn't look like happening. It seems like he's going to keep throwing 10 players into the game to work matchups, and pretty much wing it on gut feel. Interesting.

Comments?