PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: "We can't judge the Spurs until they get Ginobili back."

Budkin
03-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Just said it on Inside the NBA. I know we're not our true selves without Manu but I think we can all do plenty of judging without him in the lineup. Especially at SpursTalk. :lol

Budkin
03-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow chuck is giving Pop and the entire Spurs organization mad props tonight!:tu

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 12:21 AM
GINOBILIIIII

Chuck is right though..can't judge a team till all of it's main parts are in place. You can't start a car without the fuel pump, can you?

TampaDude
03-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Chuck giving the Spurs some serious love tonight. :toast

GINOBILI!!!!!

SouthTexasRancher
03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Just said it on Inside the NBA. I know we're not our true selves without Manu but I think we can all do plenty of judging without him in the lineup. Especially at SpursTalk. :lol

Heard it as well. Strange that Big Mouth Chucky didn't bad mouth the city or one of our arenas. Little Markie Cuban must pay Chucky to say bad things about SA since his lowly Mavs can't win the big one and SA does.

jrmp317
03-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Chuck always gives the Spurs love, I never understood people thinking he hates the Spurs.

itzsoweezee
03-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Chuck always gives the Spurs love, I never understood people thinking he hates the Spurs.

because he always picks against the spurs. but deep down, you can tell he likes and respects the team.

texasmade006
03-25-2009, 12:33 AM
man manu needs to get in a couple of games before the playoffs start. I think that when he comes back that second unit with (manu) mason, kurt, gooden, and hill will be our game breakers.

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 12:35 AM
man manu needs to get in a couple of games before the playoffs start. I think that when he comes back that second unit with (manu) mason, kurt, gooden, and hill will be our game breakers.
He'll be back tomorrow night or Friday.

Manufan909
03-25-2009, 12:37 AM

Hope Bowen is in instead of Mason. With Manu back, there's no point for Mason to play in both units, imo. I hope Pop thinks so too.

crc21209
03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Chuck is right. It would be like trying to judge the Celtics without one of their Big 3 as well. Manu is just as important to this team as Timmy or Tony. We need our whole team to be playing some good ball going into the playoffs. We certainly have a better mix of players than last year. We can go somewhat young and athletic with Hill and Mason mixed with some vets like Bowen and TD. We can throw an offensive lineup out there of Manu, TP, TD, Mase and anyone else. We can throw a defensive line-up of TP, Hill, Bowen, TD, and Thomas. We have another low-post scoring and rebounding threat in Gooden now. I believe in this team and feel good about this team... :flag:

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Hope Bowen is in instead of Mason. With Manu back, there's no point for Mason to play in both units, imo. I hope Pop thinks so too.
Depends if we need scoring or defense at the time.

Brutalis
03-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Chuck is right. It would be like trying to judge the Celtics without one of their Big 3 as well. Manu is just as important to this team as Timmy or Tony. We need our whole team to be playing some good ball going into the playoffs. We certainly have a better mix of players than last year. We can go somewhat young and athletic with Hill and Mason mixed with some vets like Bowen and TD. We can throw an offensive lineup out there of Manu, TP, TD, Mase and anyone else. We can throw a defensive line-up of TP, Hill, Bowen, TD, and Thomas. We have another low-post scoring and rebounding threat in Gooden now. I believe in this team and feel good about this team... :flag:

I pretty much with you here.

The glass is half full in reality. A lot of us have come to expect a win every night and can't stop wondering about the off season. We got the playoffs first.. and I like our chances at full strength.

crc21209
03-25-2009, 12:42 AM
I pretty much with you here.

The glass is half full in reality. A lot of us have come to expect a win every night and can't stop wondering about the off season. We got the playoffs first.. and I like our chances at full strength.

:toast

texasmade006
03-25-2009, 12:46 AM

Mason is a better shooter. He will spread the floor for manu to drive. Plus he can be another ball handler.

Manufan909
03-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Depends if we need scoring or defense at the time.

2nd unit
Manu+Gooden=O
Bowen+Hill+KT=D

Mason is already taking Tony's shots, why can't Bowen get into the rotation?

Technique
03-25-2009, 12:56 AM
I thought you all hated him, now it's like and when we lose a game and he disses the Spurs, you'll hate him again.

Spurs fans hate their own coach and star players when we lose games. What do you expect.

crc21209
03-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Hey, have it ever dawned on you gys that Manu may never get heathy again. I mean, this is two full years this guy has been struggling with this injury. He wont be 100% come playoff time thats for sure. Im just saying...

Calm down there Ms. Cleo, this is what you are clearly HOPING for.

spursfan09
03-25-2009, 01:07 AM
When Manu comes back; on paper the Spurs look good.

I worry about Tim's knees, TP's ability to play through his fatigue that he will surely have, and also I don't rely on Ginobili being healthy.

So we'll see what happens though.

Death In June
03-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Hey, have it ever dawned on you gys that Manu may never get heathy again. I mean, this is two full years this guy has been struggling with this injury. He wont be 100% come playoff time thats for sure. Im just saying...They're not the same injury. He's had problems going back to last years series against the lakers with the opposite ankle. I don't know where you're getting two years from.

spursfan09
03-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Hey, have it ever dawned on you gys that Manu may never get heathy again. I mean, this is two full years this guy has been struggling with this injury. He wont be 100% come playoff time thats for sure. Im just saying...

actually is not the same injury.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Bah. He will make it easier for us to score, but we have problems far deeper than that.

Technique
03-25-2009, 01:10 AM

Really? And do the Olympics occur every other year too? Because Manu got injured in the NBA off-season when he was hurt already. That's insult to injury. Even if Manu isn't 100% healthy this playoff run, and I won't be surprised if he's not he still has the entire OLYMPIC-LESS off-season.

So take what you want from that.

MrChug
03-25-2009, 01:14 AM
...maybe he was sober for once, he has spent quite some time in recent memory picking everyone over the Spurs. He's about as finicky opinion-wise as some women. He should just take a stance and stay with it. Shit, KENNY has more nutz than he does when it comes to that.

Sportman
03-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Manu just announced in his facebook he is playing some minutes against atlanta!!!!

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Manu just announced in his facebook he is playing some minutes against atlanta!!!!
:tu :tu

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2009, 02:04 AM
only some idiots on this forum would think otherwise..

Barkley isn't the smartest guy, but he's using common sense here..also, Barkley always shows a lot of love to the Spurs, so I don't know where some people are coming from..he HAS picked us in years past, he's said Pop is the best coach in the L, and he's said Duncan is the greatest PF of all-time..

our D has been elite for over a month now..our offense is the problem..Manu is a 15-20 PPG guy that also creates plays for his teammates, and sparks the team..having Manu as the ball handler off the bench also solves the problem with Mason, which has been the major flaw in our bench lately..

it's common sense..there's a reason we're 29-9 with Manu in the lineup, or whatever the record is..

Baseline
03-25-2009, 02:05 AM

Has it ever dawned on you morons that you worship a rapist like he's Joe DiMaggio, and that you have a "legendary" big man who is so physically unstable that he makes Sam Bowie look like Cal Ripken, Jr. ?

crc21209
03-25-2009, 02:09 AM

:downspin: Hell yeah!

Capt Bringdown
03-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Manu hasn't been healthy, nor has he played very smart this year, forcing things too much and showing more "El Turnover" than "El Contusion."

Yet one might think Larry Bird and Jordan were about to return to the Spurs lineup the way some people are carrying on. What the Spurs need right now is a steadying, consistent performer, and that ain't Manu. For every spastic scoring explosion game he produces, there's a string of turnover-laden brickfests. He's way over-rated IMO.

santymrc
03-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Manu hasn't been healthy, nor has he played very smart this year, forcing things too much and showing more "El Turnover" than "El Contusion."

Yet one might think Larry Bird and Jordan were about to return to the Spurs lineup the way some people are carrying on. What the Spurs need right now is a steadying, consistent performer, and that ain't Manu. For every spastic scoring explosion game he produces, there's a string of turnover-laden brickfests. He's way over-rated IMO.

Hahahahahaha
That was a joke wasn't it?
Keep the good work men, you're awesome

Capt Bringdown
03-25-2009, 03:19 AM
That was a joke wasn't it?

Hasn't there been a history of over-rating Manu? I recall the laughable comparisons to Kobe.
He's an important piece - whatever he has left, we'll need him, but he's not the best or most important player on the Spurs, so I'm not sure why we can't judge the Spurs as they are right now.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2009, 03:44 AM
I don't know if the post above mine was a joke..

it's pretty simple..

even ignoring the obvious talent that Manu brings..our system is entirely centered around the big 3..they're the ONLY guys on this team that can consistently create plays for the team..right now we only have 2 of them, and our bench has NOBODY to fill the role..

ignoring the impact of a 15-20 PPG scorer that can create plays for his teammates, spark the offense, provides heart, and creates turnovers..that makes a lot of sense..

Manu-of-steel
03-25-2009, 06:03 AM
Hasn't there been a history of over-rating Manu? I recall the laughable comparisons to Kobe.
He's an important piece - whatever he has left, we'll need him, but he's not the best or most important player on the Spurs, so I'm not sure why we can't judge the Spurs as they are right now.

i'm a manu fan, and i'm not saying he's the best player of the spurs because it's not spurs-like for someone to dominate the scoring without regards to other teammates. you've been trying to grab some attention by downplaying what manu brings to this team. only a stupidfool will not appreciate manu's impact on this team.

jrmp317
03-25-2009, 07:17 AM

but Bynum will recover no questions asked right? I mean knee problems aren't a big deal. :king

Go For Tree
03-25-2009, 07:44 AM
When Manu comes back; on paper the Spurs look good.

I worry about Tim's knees, TP's ability to play through his fatigue that he will surely have, and also I don't rely on Ginobili being healthy.

So we'll see what happens though.

why do you assume tony will be fatigued? just because hes having his 2nd career year in a row and working everyone he lines up against doesnt mean hes overextending himself. hes still only 26 (hell be 27 in the po's) and since manu has been out his minutes per game havent really fluctuated. hes the most steady piece on this team this year. prob for the next 4 years.

Bukefal
03-25-2009, 07:48 AM
He'll be back tomorrow night or Friday.

I really hope so, we need him !!

Agloco
03-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Heard it as well. Strange that Big Mouth Chucky didn't bad mouth the city or one of our arenas. Little Markie Cuban must pay Chucky to say bad things about SA since his lowly Mavs can't win the big one and SA does.

As much as I've seen, Charles is pretty much a Spurs nuthugger.

Agloco
03-25-2009, 07:56 AM

I don't know if the post above mine was a joke..

it's pretty simple..

even ignoring the obvious talent that Manu brings..our system is entirely centered around the big 3..they're the ONLY guys on this team that can consistently create plays for the team..right now we only have 2 of them, and our bench has NOBODY to fill the role..

ignoring the impact of a 15-20 PPG scorer that can create plays for his teammates, spark the offense, provides heart, and creates turnovers..that makes a lot of sense..

Hopefully it was, or it qualifies as one of the most shortsighted posts I've seen in these parts. Manu singlehandedly solves the backup PG problem and along with that the woefully inadequate play of the second unit. Everyone is gonna start busting nuts over how Finley, Bonner and Mason all of a sudden play so much better when he's on the court.

As for having 2 out of the big 3? I'd say closer to 1.7 out of the big 3.

galvatron3000
03-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Charles has been giving love since atleast 2003 when he predicted the Spurs to win the title after they dethroned the Lakers which he predicted as well. Saying that Manu, Bowen and Jackson would be too much for Kobe because the Spurs could put all those guys on Kobe during stretches. Kobe cried and the Spurs went on to win the title. lol

lakerhtrkev
03-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Lets not jump off a cliff just yet!we should be 100% come playoff time.Every team has problems, even phil and the rapist are dealing with some problems.capt bringdown you are one dumb son of a bitch!!

Spursmania
03-25-2009, 09:10 AM

What he has now is 100% recoverable. My spouse is an MD here in San Antonio and knows some of the Docs who review the Spurs films and gives them opinions, etc...

Manu just had a stress reaction to his right fibula. Once the bone heals, it's 100%. His bone is now healed. So, really at least with this injury there is no long term effect that he will have. He's ready. As far as how many injuries he'll have in the future, your guess is as good as anybody else's.

Rummpd
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Last year Ginobili was the 4th most productive clutch player in the league and I have seen other statistics where he outperforms even Bryant in the last quarter on a regular basis, while I do not put him on Bryant's level as a superstar, he is a true international star and a champion on mulitiple stages, and a huge addition back to the Spurs, period

Spursmania
03-25-2009, 09:36 AM
I think Manu plays tonight. I heard something about Pop preferring to bring him back at a non-home game. Maybe he's afraid Manu will go berserk and try too many dunks.:lol

I like Barkely, and I have heard him be positive about the Spurs for the most part. He's a straight shooter. He calls it like he sees it. Of course, he's right about Manu being a huge part of the team.

All the Spurs fans that are ready to jump off a cliff might just want to take a chill pill and see how the rest of the games play out with Manu back in the rotation. I agree with ST member Agloco that all of a sudden Bonner and other players are going to look better once Manu is back.

Rummpd
03-25-2009, 09:37 AM
GINOBILI TOP VALUE PERFORMER GUARD IN NBA IN THE 4TH by this writer!
http://www.jbomb.com/top-10-clutch-nba-players-that-make-it-to-the-all-nba-first-team-in-value-for-money/

Have you ever wondered why people hate Starbury a lot? It’s because he has the worst value for money player in the NBA - He is paid a lotta dough, with questionable performance (and professionalism) - Sorry, Stephon!

On the contrary, I found the top 10 list of NBA players that shine in the 4th quarters, and often be the rock star of the game result changing - and deserved to be paid more (lucky for the NBA teams that contract them!).

Here is the list, consisting of 4 guards, 4 forwards, and 2 centers.

Please note, the percentage of shots that were made during the last five minutes of the fourth quarter and in overtime last season when neither team was ahead by more than five points.

Guards
Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs
Clutch-time shooting percentage: 57.4, 2007-08 pay: $9.1 million, age/years in league: 31/6
Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns
Clutch-time shooting percentage: 50.8, 2007-08 pay: $11.4 million, age/years in league: 34/12
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
Clutch-time shooting percentage: 44.8, 2007-08 pay: $19.5 million, Age/years in league: 30/12
Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia Sixers
Clutch-time shooting percentage: 48.5, 2007-08 pay: $2.8 million, Age/years in league: 25/4

IN REALITY THE VALUE TO THE SPURS OF MANU IS IMMEASUREABLE AS WHEN HEALTHY HE CAN DOMINATE A GAME AT A SUPERSTAR LEVEL AND HAS IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Rummpd
03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
No, no my friend. I have no faith in Bynum coming back and helping the Lakers, but Im not new to this sport. Ankles and knees are tough injuries on the body. Manu has some miles on his body, and maybe the best thing for this guy to do is sit out and really let his ankles heal. Rushing back when hes not needed is just going to make his injuries worse, (Arenas, Grant Hill.)

With Manu's style of play, he should concider his future and just really shut it down until next season. I know the Spurs fans are like FUCK THAT, but it may be the best thing for the team in the long run, especially since its a foregone conclusion that the Lakers will beat them anyway... not just talking smack either.

Thats just my take.

B.S. to that foregone conclusion - a healthy Spurs team rightfully scares LAL fans that are knowledgeable period. LAL is still the team that choked the finals away in historic fashion and Bryant has yet to lead this team to a championship sans Shaq so nothing is guaranteed! You got a gift call last year that stole a game and in the playoffs wierd things happen all the time.

Spurs have 3 top players with 10 championships between them and are ramping up their defense so watch out LAL.

silverblackfan
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Mmmm. I love me some Laker trash talk. "Keep Manu out for the season to rest his ankles...". You wish. As if anyone could keep a healthy Manu from playing... Pop would lose all his hair trying to keep that jeanie bottled up.
I am stoked to know that Manu is going to come back to add that 3rd dimension. Once he gets his rhythm back and Gooden gets on the same page, there will be a lot less scoring droughts and missed defensive plays. That means bad news for the opponents in the playoffs.

jrmp317
03-25-2009, 10:04 AM
No, no my friend. I have no faith in Bynum coming back and helping the Lakers, but Im not new to this sport. Ankles and knees are tough injuries on the body. Manu has some miles on his body, and maybe the best thing for this guy to do is sit out and really let his ankles heal. Rushing back when hes not needed is just going to make his injuries worse, (Arenas, Grant Hill.)

With Manu's style of play, he should concider his future and just really shut it down until next season. I know the Spurs fans are like FUCK THAT, but it may be the best thing for the team in the long run, especially since its a foregone conclusion that the Lakers will beat them anyway... not just talking smack either.

Thats just my take.
I agree that he should be given enough time to rest. He was orginally supposed to be out for 3 weeks tops, and it's now been around 5 weeks and 19 games that he has missed. Ginobili and the staff and been patient with him this time around (unlike earlier in the season) so if they believe he is good to go, then so be it.

JWest596
03-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Jail will do that to you.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I think Manu's been out so much this season some of you have forgotten that he tends to go through stretches where he plays like shit.

xtremesteven33
03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Once Manu gets into the games, Spurs fans will see what weve been missing :tu

xtremesteven33
03-25-2009, 11:10 AM
I hope Manu is healthy, and I hope we dont have Bynum, just to show that the Spurs are not a threat at all. You guys are living in the past.

Im hoping the same thing....:tu

Keepin' it real
03-25-2009, 11:14 AM
I hope Manu is healthy, and I hope we dont have Bynum, just to show that the Spurs are not a threat at all. You guys are living in the past.

Hey lava lake,

To quote Austin Powers, "Ouch, baby. Very ouch."

Be careful what you wish for. Given the Spurs health problems all season, I doubt that Manu will be 100% for the playoffs, if he even manages to stay on the court.

BUT, I hope he will be 100%, and that Bynum will, too. That would make the Spurs' victory even sweeter.

crc21209
03-25-2009, 11:23 AM

:sleep

crc21209
03-25-2009, 11:24 AM

Living in the past? The Spurs last won the title in 2007. The Lakers? Last won the title in 2002.

DAF86
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
I think Manu's been out so much this season some of you have forgotten that he tends to go through stretches where he plays like shit.

Yeah, so? all the other NBA players go through that too.

People trying to dismiss the impact of having Manu back are stupid. There's a reason we're 28-10 with him on the court and 18-14 without him.

mrpuente
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
haha thats good too hear from Barkley.

I remember last year during the Hornets series he said "aah man we goin down to Yehaw, man san antonio is like cockroaches they just dont go away"

And this is what my friend chuy said in response"oh yeh well thats what the were saying about you too buddy in those casinos." :lol remember when he owed that money.

Ever since he said that hes been on my shit list.

cool hand
03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Manu=Spurs' Kobe Bryant

urunobili
03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, so? all the other NBA players go through that too.

People trying to dismiss the impact of having Manu back are stupid. There's a reason we're 28-10 with him on the court and 18-14 without him.

29-9 actually :wakeup

JWest596
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Why do Lakers fans post their continual and usual "invincible-entitlement-infallibility-inevitable championship crapfests", proclaim San Antonio no threat whatsoever and then post that for the sake of an opponent's team Manu Ginobilli should sit out for the rest of the season to ensure his health and career?

It's been seven years and one lottery team and the 4 HOP'ers since the Kobe Lakers sans Shaq have done anything and who just broke their old NBA record of biggest loss disparity in Finals history is giving advice and then pretends to be not a troll?

Yeah you're right Lakerluva, no doubt the Lakers will sweep SA in 4. Good grief.

God Almighty in Heaven, if that's isn't final proof that the Lakers truly suck, then I don't really know what is. Manu's coming back, Tim gets some rest and I've never seen as many secondary players and rookies who played with so many real game minutes and do it well in years.

Pop's being stealthy and win or lose , I think this will be one of our most interesting playoff teams in memory. Defense is improved, offense gets iffy but better than last year. Tim will give his best as he can which is better than anybody else. I like our chances.

it's me
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Manu is overrated plain and simple…. plus…. how long it took Wade to get his game back???? A whole fucking year… Manu won’t be the same until December and he’s kind of old… he will probably never be the same…. The key here is Tim …. he has to play as good as the first quarter of the season to have a chance.

DAF86
03-25-2009, 12:14 PM
29-9 actually :wakeup

Where did you get this?

I looked it up here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=272

I don't know if this is right but you can count 10 "L's" when Ginobili is playing.

Spursmania
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Manu is overrated plain and simple…. plus…. how long it took Wade to get his game back???? A whole fucking year… Manu won’t be the same until December and he’s kind of old… he will probably never be the same…. The key here is Tim …. he has to play as good as the first quarter of the season to have a chance.

Manu's only been out since February, and he did not have any surgery. You can't compare his healing time and/or injury to Wade's. They are completely different. His injury is 100% recoverable, and he should not have any lasting effects from the stress reaction.

Manu is not overrated. If you have the 2005 DVR of the Championship, please look at it. Also, Manu was instrumental in getting us out of the Hornet series last year. Suffice it to say, Manu brings a tremendous amount of energy and chemistry to the team and is extermely competitive. He gets everybody going. Most analysts and fans believe without any one of our 3 we would have no chance, and I agree. We need Manu as much as we need Tim and Parker to play well together.

I too believe that Tim will need to play a large part if this team is to go further than just winning a couple rounds. Tim has to be playing much better. I guess we'll just have to see what the health gods have in store for Timmy. Hopefully he can get more rest before the playoffs. He did play better against the Warriors last night.

kace
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Manu's only been out since February, and he did not have any surgery. You can't compare his healing time and/or injury to Wade's. They are completely different. His injury is 100% recoverable, and he should not have any lasting effects from the stress reaction.

Manu is not overrated. If you have the 2005 DVR of the Championship, please look at it. Also, Manu was instrumental in getting us out of the Hornet series last year. Suffice it to say, Manu brings a tremendous amount of energy and chemistry to the team and is extermely competitive. He gets everybody going. Most analysts and fans believe without any one of our 3 we would have no chance, and I agree. We need Manu as much as we need Tim and Parker to play well together.

I too believe that Tim will need to play a large part if this team is to go further than just winning a couple rounds. Tim has to be playing much better. I guess we'll just have to see what the health gods have in store for Timmy. Hopefully he can get more rest before the playoffs. He did play better against the Warriors last night.

everyone should understand that manu at his best would increase a lot our chance of winning it all. at least, anyone who isn't a blind hater.

but the fact is, why the hell evryone seems so optimistic about manu being able to get back at full strenght soon enough ?

everyone kept saying that he wasn't near his best level before his stress reaction, when he was getting back from his summer injury, and now, after 20 more games missed, he should get back at 100 % in the few games remaining before the PO.

i hope so, but i can't see that happening. Hope TP will be 100 %, Tim 90 % and Manu 75 %. i really think that's the best we can have, and hopefully, that's will be enough.

mytespurs
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Yada Yada Yada. Lets not talk about the past buddy. The Laker were man handled by the best team in the league last season with a hurt Bynum and Ariza. It would have been tough to beat them with a healthy Lakers team.

What I dont understand is how Spurs fans forget that the same Laker team that lost to Boston, curb stomped the shit out of the Spurs.

Spurs dont have a chance against the Lakers, so you may as well get Manu healed, else we will be hearing the same bullshit excuse that Manu was not healthy. Even if he is fully healthy they wont be beating teh Lakers while LA has HC.

It's not an excuse; it's a factor. Manu is a big factor in this team's success and w/o him, naturally there would be an adverse effect. If the Lakers had a hobbled Kobe, lost Pau for most of the season and a less than 100% Bynum, are you still talking 56-14 record?

Spurs may not have a chance against the Lakers but who know? These teams may not even play against each other in the playoffs...but that's why the game is played on the field not in the paper and in sports talk forums. :king

mytespurs
03-25-2009, 12:48 PM
everyone should understand that manu at his best would increase a lot our chance of winning it all. at least, anyone who isn't a blind hater.

but the fact is, why the hell evryone seems so optimistic about manu being able to get back at fumm strenght soon enough ?

everyone kept saying that he wasn't near his best level before his stress reaction, when he was getting back from his summer injury, and now, after 20 more games missed, he should get back back at 100 % in the few games remaining before the PO.

i hope so, but i can't see that happening. Hope TP will be 100 %, Tim 90 % and Manu 75 %. i really think that's the best we can have, and hopefully, that's will be enough.

Good points. I'm not looking at Manu as being a savior but having him back healthy is a plus. :)

Spursmania
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM

but the fact is, why the hell evryone seems so optimistic about manu being able to get back at fumm strenght soon enough ?

everyone kept saying that he wasn't near his best level before his stress reaction, when he was getting back from his summer injury, and now, after 20 more games missed, he should get back back at 100 % in the few games remaining before the PO.

Good points. I'm not looking at Manu as being a savior but having him back healthy is a plus. :)

I think we can all agree that Manu will not be back 100% right away, but there are still 12 more games to be played and maybe he will be peaking during the playoffs, just maybe...:toast

MannyIsGod
03-25-2009, 02:32 PM

QFMFT

I should bump my Manu will never be an allstar again thread. And then after I do that, I should start the Manu will never play 60 games in a season again thread.