PDA

View Full Version : Suns vs Jazz

Xylus
03-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Tonight's game will be hard-fought by both teams.

I think the Suns have the advantage, since the Jazz can't beat a winning team on the road and are on a 2nd of a back-to-back.

Did I just jinx my own team?

JayGoogle
03-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Jazz are 14-20 on the road. They've beat no teams over .500 on the road...Their remaining road games..

@Phoenix
@Portland
@Denver
@New Orleans
@Dallas
@San Antonio
@Lakers

If the current season has any indication...the Suns do have a shot because the Jazz are so horrible on the road.

But man...I still like the Jazz in this game for some reason...I mean they are due to beat some above .500 team on the road...at least you'd think.

Ghazi
03-25-2009, 05:59 AM
That's atleast 5 losses for the Jazz and that's being generous. Would not be shocked if they lost all 7 of those games.

They might beat NOLA though since Deron > Cp3 and the Hornets are too fuckin soft.

Ghazi
03-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Jazz will probably lose to Suns and then obliterate them on Saturday.

sribb43
03-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Suns will win tonight then lose in Portland tomorrow. Suns will also lose @Utah on saturday and beat Kings on sunday. Mavs beat GS and Denver this week and lose to Cavs on sunday. By sunday night the Suns will be 3.5 GB of the Mavs but behind 4 in the loss column

Mavs 44-29
Suns 41-33

as of 3/29

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Suns will win tonight then lose in Portland tomorrow. Suns will also lose @Utah on saturday and beat Kings on sunday. Mavs beat GS and Denver this week and lose to Cavs on sunday. By sunday night the Suns will be 3.5 GB of the Mavs but behind 4 in the loss column

Mavs 44-29
Suns 41-33

as of 3/29

most realistic scenario, I'd have to agree

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Jazz are 14-20 on the road. They've beat no teams over .500 on the road...Their remaining road games..

@Phoenix
@Portland
@Denver
@New Orleans
@Dallas
@San Antonio
@Lakers

If the current season has any indication...the Suns do have a shot because the Jazz are so horrible on the road.

But man...I still like the Jazz in this game for some reason...I mean they are due to beat some above .500 team on the road...at least you'd think.

:wowfuck me sideways that's a tough road schedule:wow
They "might" go 2-5 w/ some luck

sribb43
03-25-2009, 08:31 AM
:wowfuck me sideways that's a tough road schedule:wow
They "might" go 2-5 w/ some luck

thats why i think if the Mavs take care of their business at home and Utah continues to flop on the road against +.500 teams that the Jazz will fall to the 8th seed and face LA...I'd much rather see a Utah/LA and Dal/SAS series for entertainment value

Also, Suns fans might also have hope with a Jazz collapse if they cant win on the road

Ghazi
03-25-2009, 08:46 AM
We must stay strong and support our guys in blue.

Some people will bail on our guys in blue, saying that Dirk's mental softness permeates through the entire organization preventing us from getting over the hump, when in fact we were simply fucked by bullshit whistles and bullshit shots, but we must not follow their lead.

We must support our guys in blue forever, for they've given us a many smiles, a many cries. Deflation, ecstasy. The emotional rollercoaster is why we love the boys in blue, and why their inconsistencies cause us angst. But never should we turn our back on the boys in blue.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 08:54 AM
We must stay strong and support our guys in blue.

Some people will bail on our guys in blue, saying that Dirk's mental softness permeates through the entire organization preventing us from getting over the hump, when in fact we were simply fucked by bullshit whistles and bullshit shots, but we must not follow their lead.

We must support our guys in blue forever, for they've given us a many smiles, a many cries. Deflation, ecstasy. The emotional rollercoaster is why we love the boys in blue, and why their inconsistencies cause us angst. But never should we turn our back on the boys in blue.

how very poetic of you Ghazi:lol

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 09:00 AM
thats why i think if the Mavs take care of their business at home and Utah continues to flop on the road against +.500 teams that the Jazz will fall to the 8th seed and face LA...I'd much rather see a Utah/LA and Dal/SAS series for entertainment value

Also, Suns fans might also have hope with a Jazz collapse if they cant win on the road

True, which is why their game tonight might be one of the best games all year...if the Suns lose they can pretty much kiss their remaining playoff hopes goodbye. For the Jazz, this is a team they should and need to beat--if they can't than they might not win another road game this year (playoffs or not). This could be a classic. I see Utah winning 124-119

dirk4mvp
03-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Let's go Jazz. I'm rooting for you to makes some shots!

balli
03-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Brevin Knight gave us a lot of minutes last night. Which is good for tonight. Anways, we're the better team, but per usual, the result is going to come down to whether or not we show up to play... and I don't think Phoenix has an ounce of influence over that.

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Xylus, any blame for tonight's loss falls on you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Brevin Knight gave us a lot of minutes last night. Which is good for tonight. Anways, we're the better team, but per usual, the result is going to come down to whether or not we show up to play... and I don't think Phoenix has an ounce of influence over that.

Yeah, 13-20 is a dangerous road record.

balli
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM
When the fuck did I call us a dangerous road team, dumbass?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
When the fuck did I call us a dangerous road team, dumbass?

You're the dumbass by thinking Utah is a good team that would be in the playoff picture even if the refs didn't hand them every game in Utah.

Jeremy
03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I think the high altitude also has something to do with why they're always so good at home, but not on the road. The NBA should not have allowed Salt Lake City and Denver to have NBA franchises--they have an unfair homecourt advantage. Look at the records from this season:

Utah: Home 30-6, Road 14-20

Denver: Home 27-8, Road 18-18

Texas_Ranger
03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Suns win tonight
Mavs lose tonight

jazzypimp
03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
You're the dumbass by thinking Utah is a good team that would be in the playoff picture even if the refs didn't hand them every game in Utah.

Dude, you're always the biggest fucking retard on these boards outside of gazi or whatever the fuck his name is. You repeat the same shit over and over again. The shit that spews out that asshole of a mouth of yours is a barnsfart away from gradeschool bull shit!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Dude, you're always the biggest fucking retard on these boards outside of gazi or whatever the fuck his name is. You repeat the same shit over and over again. The shit that spews out that asshole of a mouth of yours is a barnsfart away from gradeschool bull shit!

God dude, I know Mormons aren't allowed to talk like that, I musta really pissed you off.

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 03:06 PM
I think the high altitude also has something to do with why they're always so good at home, but not on the road. The NBA should not have allowed Salt Lake City and Denver to have NBA franchises--they have an unfair homecourt advantage. Look at the records from this season:

Utah: Home 30-6, Road 14-20

Denver: Home 27-8, Road 18-18

Well, I think Utah has some other reasons for their homecourt advantage, not the least of which are the rumors of overinflated balls (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-nbarims110608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) (scroll to Scott Padgett comments), and the fact that the majority of African-American NBA players are intimidated by the white-dominated, LDS confines of EnergySolutions Arena, where most fans' faith barely recognized black individuals until 1978 (http://lds.about.com/library/weekly/previousyears/aa021898.htm).

No offense to Mormons in Phoenix or Utah (if you're a Dallas, Lakers, or Rockets fan, you can continue to fuck yourselves), and I'm not calling you all racist, but it's a homecourt advantage nonetheless. Oh, that and the crowd is one of the loudest in the league and probably influences the officials (except when Michael Jordan is pushing Bryon Russell).

jazzypimp
03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
God dude, I know Mormons aren't allowed to talk like that, I musta really pissed you off.

Every Utah jazz fan is mormon?? Oh god where have I been?? If you recycled your used underwear as much as you recycle these lame lines you'd be a skidsmark away from a world map. Mormons are my homies, but as far as your bitchassness is concerned, I just think your a damn fool!!!

Allanon
03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Jazz have not beat teams over .500 on the road

That's a pretty staggering stat.

With their tough remaining schedule, the Jazz are gonna give Suns alot of hope.

Tonight's game is HUGE for the Suns. Win it and I think they have a very good chance of making the Playoffs. Lose and they've nailed the last nail in the coffin.

I think Mavs will be no lower than #7. They want the Spurs, that's gonna be a great matchup.

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 03:21 PM
That's a pretty staggering stat.

With their tough remaining schedule, the Jazz are gonna give Suns alot of hope.

Tonight's game is HUGE for the Suns. Win it and I think they have a very good chance of making the Playoffs. Lose and they've nailed the last nail in the coffin.

I think Mavs will be no lower than #7. They want the Spurs, that's gonna be a great matchup.

So wait... you're saying that if the Suns win tonight and continue their momentum to capture the 8th seed, they're going to knock someone else other than Dallas out of the playoffs? Which team?

Ghazi
03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Even if the Jazz lose every road game v a +.500 opponent from here on out they'd finish 49-33

Which means the Suns themselves would have to go 11-2 and hope to have tiebreakers. (I dont think they would)

Suns best chance is to catch the Mavs, whcih aint happenin since they will get Dirked on April5 th.

sribb43
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
It is very plausable that the Mavs can grab the 7th seed if Utah plays like they are capable on the road against +.500 teams

Xylus
03-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Xylus, any blame for tonight's loss falls on you.

Don't worry, I plan on taking full responsibility for whatever happens tonight.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't worry, I plan on taking full responsibility for whatever happens tonight.

God knows Nash isn't gonna. I hope he builds on that random great defense on Chauncey he displayed and does the same to Deron.

LavaLamp
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Seven Seconds or Shaq vs. Sloan's highly-refined system

Should be an awesome game.

Allanon
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
So wait... you're saying that if the Suns win tonight and continue their momentum to capture the 8th seed, they're going to knock someone else other than Dallas out of the playoffs? Which team?

The Jazz. Their 7 road games are all against the West Playoff teams...all jockeying for position.

And 2 of their home games are against teams hoping to make the Playoffs (Suns/Knicks).

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
I hope Boozer plays Shaq for a while.

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
The Jazz. Their 7 road games are all against the West Playoff teams...all jockeying for position.

And 2 of their home games are against teams hoping to make the Playoffs (Suns/Knicks).

When you look at it, it's amazing that seeds 2-7 are so fragile and nebulous.

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 03:57 PM
God knows Nash isn't gonna. I hope he builds on that random great defense on Chauncey he displayed and does the same to Deron.

I think we all know that the second banana in VitaminWater gives Nash defensive ability in short bursts.

Girasuck
03-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Honestly...I'd be thrilled with a 2-5 record over our last 7 road games. We'll win the rest of our home games plus 2 more on the road. That puts us at 51-31 and right in line for either the 5th, 6th, or 7th seed. Obviously this game tonight is winnable, and the road game in New Orleans as well. Those would be the 2 I'd say we have the best shot at winning. I like our chances at Denver also, and if the Lakers aren't playing for anything on the last day of the season, I could see them resting players so that game is winnable. 2-5 would be just fine with me...3-4 and I'm loving life...4-3 and I'll go 2 weeks without saying one negative word about the Rockets.

Allanon
03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
When you look at it, it's amazing that seeds 2-7 are so fragile and nebulous.

Seriously. If you screw around and lose a couple of games, you might miss the Playoffs :lol

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Honestly...I'd be thrilled with a 2-5 record over our last 7 road games. We'll win the rest of our home games plus 2 more on the road. That puts us at 51-31 and right in line for either the 5th, 6th, or 7th seed. Obviously this game tonight is winnable, and the road game in New Orleans as well. Those would be the 2 I'd say we have the best shot at winning. I like our chances at Denver also, and if the Lakers aren't playing for anything on the last day of the season, I could see them resting players so that game is winnable. 2-5 would be just fine with me...3-4 and I'm loving life...4-3 and I'll go 2 weeks without saying one negative word about the Rockets.
Agreed, D-Will owns CP3

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
and if the Lakers aren't playing for anything on the last day of the season, I could see them resting players so that game is winnable.

If any teams' resting of players costs the Suns a playoff bid, I will declare a massive jihad upon them and their fans for eternity.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I think we all know that the second banana in VitaminWater gives Nash defensive ability in short bursts.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Seriously. If you screw around and lose a couple of games, you might miss the Playoffs :lol

And despite the new media moratorium of calling them the "Leastern Conference," seeds 5-8 in the East are pathetic. I'd feel like a Patriots fan if Suns missed the PO with a record above .600

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
And despite the new media moratorium of calling them the "Leastern Conference," seeds 5-8 in the East are pathetic. I'd feel like a Patriots fan if Suns missed the PO with a record above .600

I get what you're saying but I'm not going to give the Suns that benefit of the doubt. The Patriots had a fluke injury to their franchise player as well as a bunch of other injuries they had no control over and deserved to make the playoffs.

The Suns threw away a bunch of games this season because of a lameduck coach who was hired that caused a situation in the locker room Kerr decided to tuck under the rug rather than address before it became as transparent and cancerous as it got.

I really don't think Amare being healthy would have won any game that they've lost, but lets say that his injury is what caused them missing the playoffs, then the blame rests on whomever cleared Amare to stop wearing goggles early on in the season.

If the Suns miss the playoffs, all they have to blame is themselves.

RonMexico
03-25-2009, 04:36 PM
I get what you're saying but I'm not going to give the Suns that benefit of the doubt. The Patriots had a fluke injury to their franchise player as well as a bunch of other injuries they had no control over and deserved to make the playoffs.

The Suns threw away a bunch of games this season because of a lameduck coach who was hired that caused a situation in the locker room Kerr decided to tuck under the rug rather than address before it became as transparent and cancerous as it got.

I really don't think Amare being healthy would have won any game that they've lost, but lets say that his injury is what caused them missing the playoffs, then the blame rests on whomever cleared Amare to stop wearing goggles early on in the season.

If the Suns miss the playoffs, all they have to blame is themselves.

I agree with what you're saying, but this isn't the 70s anymore, it's 2009, where nobody accepts blame for what happens:

Obama inherited all the problems from the Bush administration
AIG execs deserve bonuses because they were promised them no matter how much they fucked up
Arizona deserves to be in the tourney based on rep alone (update: have proven they do)
Suns lost because Amare and Diaw were suspended
Homeowners should receive bailout money for overextending themselves and agreeing to ridiculous loans
"There's no need to talk about fiscal policy... here come look at Michelle's vegatable garden"

So, as much sense as you're making and as much as I agree with it, I will adopt a bitchy stance that it's everyone else's fault including David Stern's.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 04:39 PM
I agree with what you're saying, but this isn't the 70s anymore, it's 2009, where nobody accepts blame for what happens:

Obama inherited all the problems from the Bush administration
AIG execs deserve bonuses because they were promised them no matter how much they fucked up
Arizona deserves to be in the tourney based on rep alone (update: have proven they do)
Suns lost because Amare and Diaw were suspended
Homeowners should receive bailout money for overextending themselves and agreeing to ridiculous loans
"There's no need to talk about fiscal policy... here come look at Michelle's vegatable garden"

So, as much sense as you're making and as much as I agree with it, I will adopt a bitchy stance that it's everyone else's fault including David Stern's.

I can't argue with that. It's all Stern's fault. EAST COAST BIAS!!!!

Doug Collins
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM

And what a garden it is! I swear if Michelle spends more than 17 seconds in there actually gardening and not posing for pictures, I will stand on my rooftoop and proclaim "YES WE CAN!"

Xylus
03-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Game on, bitches.

7-2 Suns

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Shaq can still put up big #'s if he gets the touches

Xylus
03-25-2009, 09:47 PM
God, Williams is going to destroy us tonight.

pauls931
03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
I just got a Call from Stern. He wants shaq vs kobe, sorry mavs.

Xylus
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Man, get a stop.

Epic Fail Guy
03-25-2009, 09:55 PM
2 teams destined for failure.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
God, Williams is going to destroy us tonight.

yup, he's gonna finish w/ 35+pts and 10+assists tonight

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
God, Nash is in full 2010 contract mode.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
great hustle play from Amundsen...the guy is instant energy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
great hustle play from Amundsen...the guy is instant energy.

Yeah well someone's gotta mop up Nash's shit.

pauls931
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah well someone's gotta mop up Nash's shit.

Maybe nash will get injured like Amare and then the suns will be perfect and win the championship.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Maybe nash will get injured like Amare and then the suns will be perfect and win the championship.

One can only hope.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Fuck this god dam zone defense.......who the fuck runs a zone defense against one the best passing teams in the league.

crc21209
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Never thought I'd say this but...Let's go Suns! :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 10:09 PM

And he was injured which led to a victory over LA......then the little shit had to come back.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Goran "White Magic" Dragic > Nash

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 10:34 PM
God, there's one young, hardworking PG on the Suns who plays for the team, not himself. His +/- for the game is +2.

Then there's a veteran, too-important-to-play-defense PG on the Suns playing for a contract in 2010. His +/- for the game is -8.

Why the hell is the 2nd one playing more?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
BUMP

C'mon Pauls, please, I wanna hear the newest excuse you're gonna make for the Canadian Cancer.

balli
03-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Millsap just routinely gets fucked up. Dude's a warrior, but fuck, he's just reckless when it comes to taking hits. It's going to catch up to him one day.

In other words, he's the exact opposite of that soft, coward, puss ba duss, Carlos Boozer.

pauls931
03-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Millsap just routinely gets fucked up. Dude's a warrior, but fuck, he's just reckless when it comes to taking hits. It's going to catch up to him one day.

In other words, he's the exact opposite of that soft, coward, puss ba duss, Carlos Boozer.

Dammit, I was waiting to see how many consecutive replies DoK would go...

balli
03-25-2009, 11:12 PM
sorry.

Rogue
03-25-2009, 11:14 PM
I expect the suns to get dismantled as soo as possible, then shaq will become free and availible for our mavs to sign.

pauls931
03-25-2009, 11:14 PM
sorry.

:lol:toast

pauls931
03-25-2009, 11:18 PM
typical, I think scouting reports must say to bully dragic

JamStone
03-25-2009, 11:19 PM
The Utah fans were actually booing their own player, Brevin Knight, for tying up a white guy.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Grant Hill just blew a 5 on 2 fast break by trying to be fancy. Sad.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:22 PM
nice block by amundsen on boozer

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Suns actually making an effort to play defense? :dizzy

pauls931
03-25-2009, 11:24 PM

Na, it's just the lack of homecourt catching up to the Jazz.

balli
03-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Grant Hill just blew a 5 on 2 fast break by trying to be fancy. Sad.

Meh, not as bad as the 4 on 1 AK fucked up in the first half.

The Utah fans were actually booing their own player, Brevin Knight, for tying up a white guy.

And... :rolleyes Give me a fucking break dude.

It's official. If you root for Utah you're a flat out guaranteed racist and we've never scored so much as a single point that the altitude, geographical location, refs, schedule or fans didn't score for us.

I'm so sick of this board wide Utah hate, it isn't even funny. We haven't done shit to deserve it. And that applies to the three Jazz fans on this board especially, who are generally, fairly classy to just about every other team. Fuck you all.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:25 PM

don't worry, I see a 35-point 4th quarter coming up for the Jazz. Suns might score 40 tho...who knows

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:27 PM
KK raining the treys tonight

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-25-2009, 11:27 PM
:lol @ Dragic's face

small fish in the ocean

Cry Havoc
03-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Phoenix is back to, "Since we can't play defense, let's just beat the ever living fuck out of the other team" style of play.

pauls931
03-25-2009, 11:29 PM
:lol @ Dragic's face

small fish in the ocean

at least the fish is lighting it up from outside. granted he's not having any better luck guarding Deron one on one than nash.

lurker
03-25-2009, 11:30 PM
That's it, Lou is now my favorite Sun.

lil_penny
03-25-2009, 11:31 PM
What a game!!! Lou is a great hustle player.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Line of the night from Tirico: "Even their fans don't know how to chant defense."

DeadlyDynasty
That's it, Lou is now my favorite Sun.

he's definitely fun to watch!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
at least the fish is lighting it up from outside. granted he's not having any better luck guarding Deron one on one than nash.

Looks like he's stepping up for Barbosa's absence
Shaq seems to be supporting him.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
he's definitely fun to watch!

He's definitely no slouch. I'll give him that.

balli
03-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Anybody catch the Deron defense highlight? Suck it Chris Paul.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Amundson is my second favorite Sun behing Shaq.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:37 PM
jesus christ the suns are over the limit early in the quarter AGAIN. nice defensive strategy phoenix: foul, foul, foul

lil_penny
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Anybody catch the Deron defense highlight? Suck it Chris Paul.

I'm gonna call deron "john leguizamo" on defense cause he's a pest. Very nice D.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:39 PM
clank!

lurker
Speed Racer missing another dunk.

pauls931
richardson is cursed

lurker
Shaq!

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:40 PM
lol@phoenix cherry-picking

pauls931
Shaq!

Shaq had to show him how it's done.

balli
Cherry picking fags. Can't play D so you turn this into a fucking sloppy pickup game? GMAFB. That's not NBA ball. :rolleyes

IronMexican
Shaq leading the break!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-25-2009, 11:41 PM
that was a great fastbreak by Shaq.

balli
03-25-2009, 11:42 PM
That was a joke, is what it was.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Shaq > you

balli
03-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Ya think? But like I said, I wouldn't be that classless in my Sunday night pickup game.

BUMP
03-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Cherry picking fags. Can't play D so you turn this into a fucking sloppy pickup game? GMAFB. That's not NBA ball. :rolleyes

:cry:cry:cry

pauls931
03-25-2009, 11:45 PM

If you got people back on D like the Spurs you wouldn't have to worry about that.

lurker
03-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks for not blowing that dunk, douche.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:46 PM
suns getting the tempo they want

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:47 PM
D-Will very clutch

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Only phoenix could give up a 7-point lead in a matter of seconds

Obstructed_View
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow, you know your team sucks on defense when they get beat downcourt by Shaq and you claim he's cherry picking. Shaq defended the jump shot before heading downcourt. :lmao

lil_penny
D will is so money..

lurker
I feel like I can't blink or I'll miss two possessions.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Millsap can't get a call

Xylus
03-25-2009, 11:51 PM
This game's living up to the hype, for sure.

110-109, Suns, but the Jazz are getting a lot of good looks on the perimeter.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-25-2009, 11:52 PM
You nervous there Xylus?

This game is intense

Obstructed_View
03-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Millsap can't get a call

Sure looked like he got hacked to me.

lurker
03-25-2009, 11:53 PM
lol Okur

Amuseddaysleeper
03-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow Korver

lurker
03-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Fuck you, Ashton Kutcher.

Xylus
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Fuck, I can't take this shit. Every game from here on out is going to be like this.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Can't tell what's worse, the Suns defense or the Utah's transition defense.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Hill!

DeadlyDynasty
Grant Hill is turning back the clock!

Xylus
Grant Hill is a BAAAAAAAAAAAD MAAAAAAAAAN.

lurker
Fuck, I can't take this shit. Every game from here on out is going to be like this.
And you get to do it all over again tomorrow tonight. Gotta love back to backs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Grant Hill is turning back the clock!

Seriously

DeadlyDynasty
Okur shoulda sold the foul more

Xylus
5 seconds left, Suns ball, up by 2!!

Kai
03-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Well, Grant Hill has certainly impressed me tonight.

Obstructed_View
Okur shoulda sold the foul more

Since there was no foul, that made selling it really difficult.

Trainwreck2100
damn corver was wide fucking open on that play

IronMexican
Awesome game from start to finish.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Suns should be happy that they were in a position against Utah. They were clueless! A greater team would have handled that final possession A LOT better.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, Grant Hill has certainly impressed me tonight.

They might decide to feature him some more and see if they can ride this as far as it can take them. Hill was a top two or three guy in this league at one time, and certainly has been able to carry teams before.

Xylus
03-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Barnes with veins of ice.

Denver - CHECK
Utah - CHECK
Portland - Tomorrow night

In recent history we have dominated Portland, but they are such a great home team. And it's a 2nd of a back-to-back.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-26-2009, 12:04 AM
This was a great game for t.v. but Suns better stop risking their playoff lives with crunchtime scenarios.

DeadlyDynasty
03-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Good win Phoenix!...unfortunately, I think they will lose by 30 tomorrow

Xylus
03-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Great, great win. I'm PUMPED.

I believe in this team.

JayGoogle
03-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Suns should be happy that they were in a position against Utah. They were clueless! A greater team would have handled that final possession A LOT better.

Considering Utah's road woes, they were lucky they coulda stolen one.

Can't say i'm surprised though. More likely Utah's going to finish 7th or 8th...and hopefully the Rockets do not play them.

Good game though, always fun to see PHX play their fast paced style. I think they can only lose two games here on out to have a shot, they need another team to hit a slump though.

The TroutBum
03-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Amundson is a stud.

Boozer is a fucking ass clown. I'd like to pull his dick off and stuff in his eye hole.

My Kingdom for Millsap to get a fucking foul call.

JRich is a complete tool. Way to blow ANOTHER dunk trying to be flashy. Dipshit.

Nash is a shell of his former self.

Brevin Knight is an absolute abortion.

Did I mention that Boozer is a worthless sack of otter spunk? Well, he is.

Fuckin' Jazz.

Xylus
03-26-2009, 01:51 AM
JRich is a complete tool. Way to blow ANOTHER dunk trying to be flashy. Dipshit.

How was that dunk flashy? Barnes set him up perfectly for the alley oop and he blew an extremely high percentage shot. Wasn't flashy at all.

The TroutBum
03-26-2009, 01:59 AM
How was that dunk flashy? Barnes set him up perfectly for the alley oop and he blew an extremely high percentage shot. Wasn't flashy at all.

I just figured ally-oops were flashy. Alright, it wasn't -- so he fucked up an easy dunk. Even worse. He's a tool.

sribb43
03-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Suns were the favorites last night, no surprise they beat the Jazz...next two games are extremely tough though

pauls931
03-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Dammit, I ended up missing the end of the game. Guess they won. It was looking shaky with 3 minutes left.

RonMexico
03-26-2009, 08:29 AM
My power went out and completely destroyed my computer, so I couldn't come to the board and boast. I gotta move out of Houston.

Suns made me nervous last night, but if they could win in Salt Lake, then I'd be really pumped.

pauls931
03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
My power went out and completely destroyed my computer, so I couldn't come to the board and boast. I gotta move out of Houston.

Suns made me nervous last night, but if they could win in Salt Lake, then I'd be really pumped.

Sorry, Utah is an automatic loss. Also I think Utah was putting in some extra effort last night because I bet they heard how the media is trashing them on having such a bad record away from home against .500 teams.

And the need to bring KJ back to work with Jrich. Now KJ knew how to finish around the rim, granted not with dunks, but when he got by you, it was over.

RonMexico
03-26-2009, 08:33 AM
And... Grant Hill does not want his season to end without a PO berth, which is obvious. He hit a terrible stretch about 4 weeks ago and I thought his old legs were catching up to him, but he's come out of that slump with incredible overall play.

And Millsap was hacked, I will admit, but any crew led by Steve Javie is terrible, so this is to be expected.

RonMexico
03-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry, Utah is an automatic loss. Also I think Utah was putting in some extra effort last night because I bet they heard how the media is trashing them on having such a bad record away from home against .500 teams.

And the need to bring KJ back to work with Jrich. Now KJ knew how to finish around the rim, granted not with dunks, but when he got by you, it was over.

Yeah, don't even get me started on JRich and his schizophrenic play... he'll miss an easy alley-oop and at least 3 layups, but then nail an incredible off balance turnaround jumper with 2 minutes left. I have the same beef with him that I do with Barbosa: if you're going to get to the rim and you can't finish, at least draw a foul.

RonMexico
03-26-2009, 08:38 AM

Shaq ran out to contest the jumper and just kept going... that's not cherry picking.

RonMexico
03-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Phoenix is back to, "Since we can't play defense, let's just beat the ever living fuck out of the other team" style of play.

Again this makes no sense, since the Suns were called "soft" for years... and years... and years.

On a side note, Dragic is turning into a decent player. And he seems to take the advice of coaches and veteran players to heart based upon the on-court interactions. Amundson - enough is said about his hustle that I don't need to expand on it. What about Swift coming in and making some quality plays - a few rebounds, a nice layup on a pass from Dragic... pretty good.

If only Tucker and Dudley could learn to hit the open corner 3, they would become instantly more valuable... it's what kept Bruce Bowen so valuable to the Spurs besides defense.

pauls931
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Again this makes no sense, since the Suns were called "soft" for years... and years... and years.

On a side note, Dragic is turning into a decent player. And he seems to take the advice of coaches and veteran players to heart based upon the on-court interactions. Amundson - enough is said about his hustle that I don't need to expand on it. What about Swift coming in and making some quality plays - a few rebounds, a nice layup on a pass from Dragic... pretty good.

If only Tucker and Dudley could learn to hit the open corner 3, they would become instantly more valuable... it's what kept Bruce Bowen so valuable to the Spurs besides defense.

One thing I liked was after a mistake, then a timeout you could see nash talking to him in friendly manner giving advice. I wonder if Porter screamed at the poor kid when he messed up... Doesn't seem like something porter would do, but I wonder why dragic is playing so much better all of sudden?

And yes, one thing I hate is that the Suns are still weak from the outside. The pretty much just have nash, and Jrich (barbosa seems streak). They don't have many automatic people from that range. It would have been nice to get John Barry....

Also it looks like Dragic's balls finally dropped. He's starting to get aggressive and take advantage of his athleticism. He'll need too because every time he gets put in I notice teams go the extra mile to try to frustrate him since he's a rookie such as williams face guarding him on the perimeter on several occasions repeatedly going for steals.

RonMexico
03-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I agree - I don't think it would be that difficult for them to draft or acquire a 6'4"+ natural shooter (like Korver or Mason) who just needs to play enough defense (especially if they stick with this zone more often) and find an open spot on the floor. If not, then grab a quality shooting coach out there and extend Tucker's range.

And I did notice that another time, Grant Hill was talking with Dragic and he seemed to be soaking it all in... I think Gentry has given him some freedom to make mistakes and he's flourished without such pressure. Even another point in the 1st half, he made that pass on a 3-2 break that went through both Dudley and JRich's hands and they cut to Gentry saying, "good look" and nodding his head. He hit 2 big 3's again in the 4th last night, so maybe he won't be Beno part 2.

pauls931
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
And I did notice that another time, Grant Hill was talking with Dragic and he seemed to be soaking it all in... I think Gentry has given him some freedom to make mistakes and he's flourished without such pressure. Even another point in the 1st half, he made that pass on a 3-2 break that went through both Dudley and JRich's hands and they cut to Gentry saying, "good look" and nodding his head. He hit 2 big 3's again in the 4th last night, so maybe he won't be Beno part 2.

Yup, I remember that play, I was hoping people would realize that wasn't Dragic and was two suns players not paying attention.

Red Hawk #21
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
C'mon Suns make the playoffs and knock off the Lakers in the 1st round. I know you can do it.:toast

balli
03-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Awesome game from start to finish.
If I didn't have a vested interest in it, I might have said that. As it was, that was probably the least fun game I've watched all year. I went to bed furious at the Suns, the Jazz, the refs, myself and had terrible dreams all night long.

balli
03-26-2009, 11:30 AM
The Utah Snowflakes did what they have been doing all season long, and thats suck on the road.

That game could have gone either way. I guess you didn't watch it, but we lost by 4. Neither team sucked.

And not to blame the refs, but it probably would've gone the other way if Millsap had a gotten a single fucking whistle.

balli
03-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah, that's why even the suns fans in this thread were pointing out that Millsap couldn't get a whistle. Especially on that last play he had. And I'm not making that excuse, fuck it, we shouldn't be in a position to win on foul shots.

But the Jazz didn't suck last night, as you so eloquently accused them of doing.

And don't call any shot Deron makes "lucky". He's proven himself to be clutch as hell time and again.

RonMexico
03-26-2009, 07:10 PM
lakaluva makes a good point that Utah fouls a lot and there aren't any calls (in fact, I can name at least 4 of them off the top of my head: Millsap shoves Barnes in the chest and frees Brewer for an open jumper; Okur shoves Nash in the back on what should have been an and-1; Deron fouled Grant Hill for another and-1; and Boozer pushed Lou in the back at least 3 times).

However, the Millsap play was blatant and the worst-timed non-call for the Jazz.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2009, 08:21 PM
However, the Millsap play was blatant and the worst-timed non-call for the Jazz.

But if they're letting physical play go, then not giving Millsap the call is fair.

balli
03-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Nah. I agree Boozer's a worthless bitch that can't get a board without pushing people in the back and he should get called for it more than he does. But the Millsap play wasn't physical, it was a foul.

And I didn't bring it up to bitch and moan, I brought it up because fagaluva said we sucked last night. It was only to point out that the game could've gone either way.

Besides, Millsap can't buy a call any time. Refs hate him. I've watched him walk off the court with a bloody mouth or face and a no-call more than once this season.

RonMexico
03-27-2009, 01:55 AM
But if they're letting physical play go, then not giving Millsap the call is fair.

No, it was simply a blatant hack across his arm and not a "gray area" physical play such as a push in the back or hip check, etc. I can agree with you that since they did let a lot of physical play go, it's not a surprise the refs swallowed their whistles, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "fair."