PDA

View Full Version : Start Nazr soon

Walton Buys Off Me
03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
This guy brings so much more to the table than Rasho it's not funny.

Make the move Pop.

PM5K
03-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Why is everyone so consumed with the guy starting, as long as he gets minutes I am happy....

exstatic
03-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Doesn't make a difference if he starts or not. I would, however, give every one of Horry's minutes to him. As I pointed out in another thread, there are 96 game minutes available at the 4 and 5 spots. Split em up between Tim, Nazr and Rasho. Maybe Tim with 35, Nazr with 33 and Rasho with 28.

Walton Buys Off Me
03-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Because he should be playing alongside Tim Duncan..........this is not hard to figure out.

IceColdBrewski
03-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Why is everyone so consumed with the guy starting,....

Because he's better than the starter we have.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I concur with ex - give him Horry's minutes.

Oh, and let him finish the game next to Duncan in crunch time.

exstatic
03-14-2005, 09:44 PM
He is, and he will be. Again, starting or not doesn't matter. They will pair together just as often. I'm sure Nazr doesn't want to be the one to displace a starter this late in the season. He already has the burden of replacing Malik.

slayermin
03-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Nazr gets on the offensive boards better than Rasho.

PM5K
03-14-2005, 09:46 PM
If Tim Duncan is that good, wouldn't it be better to bring Nazr in when Tim is out, I mean would you rather have Rasho out there by himself, or Nazr?

The way it works out one of these two has to play minutes with Tim and one without, shouldn't the better player get those without Tim minutes?

I agree with exstatic, I don't care if he starts or not but I hope he can get a lot of Robert and Tony's minutes, unless Pop goes to a specific matchup which should only happen from time to time....

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Interestingly enough, at the half Rasho has played 8 minutes, Nazr 9.

I think those of us in the start Nazr camp may be getting our wish sooner than later.

Fuck burdens of replacing whoever, this guy can play.

PM5K
03-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah he can play, so let him play and don't worry about it, he didn't start but he has more minutes than Rasho so why does it matter if he starts or not?

slayermin
03-14-2005, 09:48 PM
It depends on how Rasho reacts coming off the bench. If Nazr is the superior player, it's worth a try.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 09:48 PM
I've laid it out several times in the last several days PM5K -

Nazr's game (offensive rebounds, junk buckets, interior passing) is a better compliment to Tim's game than Rasho's.

And also, Rasho plays better when he's not sharing the lane with Duncan on offense.

I could go on and on. There's about a million reasons to put Nazr next to Tim, about the only reason not to is that the Rose camp will be forced to bury their hate even sooner than they thought.

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Interestingly enough, at the half Rasho has played 8 minutes, Nazr 9.

I think those of us in the start Nazr camp may be getting our wish sooner than later.

Fuck burdens of replacing whoever, this guy can play.

Actually it's 10 mins for Nazr and 12 mins for Rasho, at the half.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Well excuse the fuck outta me, that's what ESPN has on their gametracker.

Go build another highway or something.

ChumpDumper
03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I want to see them against something a bit tougher than Brown/Vroman before I make any grand pronouncements, but Nazr's doing fine.

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Well excuse the fuck outta me, that's what ESPN has on their gametracker.

Go build another highway or something.

Um.. little girl, don't get your rosey thong in a bunch.

I simply corrected your numbers, with no attitude, no sub motive. Why you snapped like a bench after Michael Moore sits on it, is beyond me?

Must be that time o' the month.

And yeah, I'll get on that highway right away you clever as ever bastard!

Yeeha!

exstatic
03-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't think Pop will do any further mucking with chemistry. Rasho just finished a sequence with two blocks and an almost steal. He's a shot blocker, and a pretty damn good offensive rebounder in his own right, although (smartly) he usually kicks it back out.

E20
03-14-2005, 10:04 PM
WTF!?
Only nine minutes!?
He's doing good too, 8 points 4-7, 1 block and 4 rebounds. Come on!

ChumpDumper
03-14-2005, 10:08 PM
I am very, very glad it looks like we don't have to overplay Horry in the stretch.

PM5K
03-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Four fouls, yeah we should start him ASAP....

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 10:19 PM
IMO a lot of his fouls are from him still not quite knowing where he needs to be all the time in our sets.

That'll come with PT. Lemme guess PM5K, you still want Rose back?

T Park
03-14-2005, 10:23 PM
I agree, time to start Nazr and get him about 28 minutes consistently.

Rasho will be just fine as the first big off the bench replacing Duncan.

In fact, Rasho will probobly score more than he does now.

Itll work out fine.

I think Nazr has to get worked into the sets more and more before pop starts him.

BUT, Nazr will, be getting the minutes down the stretch no question.

PM5K
03-14-2005, 10:24 PM
It's certainly possible, and that's exactly why you shouldn't be in a rush to move him into the starting lineup, minutes are minutes.

And no I don't want Rose back, I love the trade. I was tired of seeing forwards play the backup center position, and getting out rebounded by real centers...

grjr
03-14-2005, 10:45 PM
I agree, time to start Nazr and get him about 28 minutes consistently.

Rasho will be just fine as the first big off the bench replacing Duncan.

In fact, Rasho will probobly score more than he does now.

Itll work out fine.

I think Nazr has to get worked into the sets more and more before pop starts him.

BUT, Nazr will, be getting the minutes down the stretch no question.

What have you done with T Park?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 10:52 PM
BTW Buddy Hollow,

Spare me. When have you ever tried to chime in for the sake of statistical accuracy before?

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 10:55 PM
BTW Buddy Hollow,

Spare me. When have you ever tried to chime in for the sake of statistical accuracy before?

Stupid is as stupid does.

I was in no way trying to insult you or out you down. If I was, I'd of started my post with "Hey Idiot..." ir "Wrong numbers dumbfuck."

But did I? No.

You overreacted.

You got the thong bunched in your ass.

I was simply correcting your numbers.

But you made yourself look childish. That about evens it up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Wow, thanks Forrest.

Childish? I'm not the one throwing around "thong" talk. Talk about fucking idiot smack. "You're wearing a thong." [/short bus fifth grader]

Is that all you can come up with? Shit, just go find your Dusty Garza misinformed self-proclaimed internet insider doll and beat off like you do every night to it.

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Is that all you can come up with?

I have to admit, it's not the genius "go build a highway" you have recycled numerous times.

Gosh, talk about calling the pot calling the kettle black.

But I guess in that world/fantasy you live in, you can redundantly recycle the same weak smack talk, but then alway call out people for their "weak smack."

In my world, reality, that's called being a hypocrite.

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 11:08 PM
And with that, I am done with you Aggie. If you'd like to PM me with anymore of your girly rants, I'd be more than happy to respond.

However, I do not want to make Kori upset as before.

So, I'm done trading silly banter with you in this thread.

Back to the Spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Girly rants? Sheeeeit. That's all you ever bring to FSP. That's all you brought to SarsReport.

And yeah I'll give you crap about your golden highway, considering how much of all of our time you used to waste telling us about that stupid shit.

ShoogarBear
03-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, at least I got to see this thread in its original form before Kori gets to it . . .

T Park
03-15-2005, 12:35 AM
yeah Buddy, wouldnt want to anger kori or the forum she started that you insulted and put down in another person's chat room right??

Hypocrit.

Go away.

whottt
03-15-2005, 03:21 AM
The insight I got from the Knicks fans is proving to be totally accurate.

To a man they said the best aspect of Mohammed's game is his offensive rebounding and putback. From what I have seen they are totally accurate on that.

Those of you expecting him to have a J, good hands, and not be foul prone, are in for a rude awakening. The Knicks fans said those were all his weaknesses(along with rotation on defense, and not passing the ball)...and so far they are accurate again.

They said he had absolutely no touch on his J, that he usually doesn't pass it once he gets it(no matter where he is on the court), and most of them said there is no way Malik is going to have worse hands than Nazr.

So I wouldn't expect him to change on that...and it's going to be a real battle between he and Rasho for the starting spot.

I think Nazr is going to compliment Duncan very well offensively, better than Rasho, but I don't think he's' going to beat Rasho out as the starter because Rasho is so solid in the areas of Defense most important to the Spurs defensive system...I don't think he's going to help Duncan as much on D as Rasho does with his length...

I do think those O rebounds and putbacks are going to be huge when he is playing alongside Duncan though...Those of us that wanted Elton Brand have now got a poorman's version...He's not a stiff...

I'm still not convinced we are going to be better off with him this season than we would have been with Malik though....Mohammed definitely fills a need, and I love his offensive rebounding and putbacks...but does filling that need help the team more than what Malik gave us? I'm not sold on that yet.

Malik plays well against teams like Phoenix and Dallas...teams I expect to give us a big challenge in the playoffs...I want to see how Nazr performs against quicker bigmen, like Amare and Dirk...because Malik matched up with them pretty well.

T Park
03-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Of course.

Mr. Body
03-15-2005, 03:28 AM
Mohammed's a great upgrade on Malik. I'll no longer feel anxious with the substitution. I expect by the end of NEXT year, Nazr will be our starting center.

whottt
03-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Hiya TPark, still got that stick up your ass I see.

Kori Ellis
03-15-2005, 03:32 AM
Nazr gets in really great rebounding position and has long arms and big hands. I worry about his fouling, but that might get better when he learns the D.

whottt
03-15-2005, 03:40 AM
Some of the Knicks fans think Mohammed is the best offensive rebounder in the game, they said he gets rebounds that you think are impossible for him to get. But they said he is very foul prone...they said it wasn't the defense, they just said he picks up stupid fouls. I think they are probably right on that since they have been right on everything else. Some players are just like that, they just get stupid fouls. Sometime very good players are like that. I think if he plays D he is likely to become more foul prone. I've never seen anything to indicate the Spurs defensive scheme to be the cure for foul prone players.

I don't think it's that big of a deal though...you aren't going to get a complete center in todays NBA, there are only like 2 or 3 of them, you definitely aren't going to get one for Malik Rose and two late first round picks.

That o boarding and garbage work is something this team has needed for years, Nazr seems like he might be better at this than Drob was late in his career. Malik was a pretty good oboarder himself...but the only time I ever felt Malik's size was a hindrance was when he was trying to get putbacks...I think he'll(Nazr) become a better defender in the Spurs system....but I don't think he's all of a sudden going to turn into a low fouling jumpshooter with great hands. I think Pop can probably make him a better defender...but he's not going to turn into Tim Duncan, which is who he would be if he was able to improve in all the ways some of you think the Spurs can make him improve.

Streakyshooter08
03-15-2005, 03:40 AM
I think he won't start this year. Maybe he will get a shot next year but right now Pop won't change it so close to the playoffs.

Slo spurs fan
03-15-2005, 03:59 AM
"Start Nazr soon"

Why?

sa_butta
03-15-2005, 09:35 AM
he doesnt need to start he is probably better held as
as spark off the bench right now. Even though he is
playing better. Would you rather have Nazr start and finish
with Rasho?? The choice is simple.

picnroll
03-15-2005, 09:50 AM
The insight I got from the Knicks fans is proving to be totally accurate.

Those of you expecting him to have a J, good hands, and not be foul prone, are in for a rude awakening. The Knicks fans said those were all his weaknesses(along with rotation on defense, and not passing the ball)...and so far they are accurate again.

Don't know about that not passing the ball thing. He's thrown some pretty nice dimes.

T Park
03-15-2005, 10:48 AM
still got that stick up your ass I see.

not at all, but I see you still have that hard on for Malik Rose.

Watch the last couple games, and look at the great potential that Mohammed brings to team RIGHT NOW.

The rebounds, the length on defense, the block shots, is gonna be fantastic.

BTW, no one posting Malik's scoring lines anymore???

against the Sonics the other night i believe the line was

11 mins 0-3 3-4 FTs 3 Fouls 3 points 2 turnovers

Whoooo doggie. Im so heartbroken we traded that.

T Park
03-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Don't know about that not passing the ball thing.

Mohammed IS a good passer.

BUT, Knicks fans know all of course.

ChumpDumper
03-15-2005, 10:57 AM
I like the fact we were force feeding Nazr all night in a blowout. We were getting as much experience as possible figuring out what he can and can't do. From what i saw he needs to get lower position on the block before we dump it to him; it's too easy for the help to get a steal otherwise. I doubt he's going to get a ton of plays run for him with Tim in anyway.

T Park
03-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree, I thik though, he should go to the hook shot more than the turnaround jumper.

But when hes got a wide open jumper he hits it easier than a turnaround 8 footer. Weird.

Who didn't love that two handed slamma he threw down in the first half last night.

What about the basket after the tip pass from Duncan.

waly.mg
03-15-2005, 11:00 AM
That´s is a bad move
Rasho from the Bench can weight Like Zero

If Nazr can make big numbers from the bench

And is always better to have Nazr in the Clutch than Rasho, beacause he is a Bad FT (60-70%) shooter but Rasho can´t shoot a FT (44%)

Rasho have 14 game in a row without a FT made, in 57 games have 11 FT made and Nazr in 4 have 5

And if Rasho does not go to the line means that the rival center is not doing fouls and if is not doing fouls to Rasho means that he is fouling Duncan or he´s not in Foul troubles

Solid D
03-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I've often wondered about role-playing big men, particularly those who come off the bench with 6 fouls to give. You know they get a rep with the officials as foulers, because that's part of what they do. The rule of "no quarter" in the lane.

Then, these guys begin to gain more playing time and eventually start games. Do they suddenly stop getting the "fouler" label with the refs? I think that takes time. Joe Przybilla comes to mind. A guy with some skills but a role with more reliance on those skills, yet it's almost like he has "Pick Me" on his back with the officials.

Nazr may have to deal with this issue as time goes on.

I also wonder about something else...

What did happen to this lady, T Park? Anyone? Should I be concerned? http://clients.ransomgroup.com/ashley/avatars/holeOWNED_Avatar.gif

Solid D
03-15-2005, 11:10 AM
...^did anyone have trouble concentrating while reading this post with that lady falling in your peripheral vision?

T Park
03-15-2005, 11:13 AM
dont know solid, I just thought it was FUCKING hilarious.

Found it on a st louis cardinals message board.

exstatic
03-15-2005, 11:16 AM
I worry about his fouling, but that might get better when he learns the D.

Five in 21 minutes. Yikes.

Useruser666
03-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Knicks fans are the best judges of talent in the league, if not the world!

T Park
03-15-2005, 11:19 AM
one of those fouls was bogus.

Him and Duncan stood straight up a guy runs straight into both of them, neither do anything, and Nazr gets the call.

Its not that big a deal, when he learns the defense, he'll get better.

ChumpDumper
03-15-2005, 11:19 AM
I agree with whottt that many of his fouls were just stupid. Dunno if that can be trained out of him or if we would even want to since it's a by-product of being aggressive. It's a good trait for a bench player.

wildbill2u
03-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Nazr gets in really great rebounding position and has long arms and big hands. I worry about his fouling, but that might get better when he learns the D.

Hey, why worry about the fouling? It's called protecting the basket. Of course you never want to give up points, but if the foul occurs in trying to stop a sure fg, then they are simply strategic moves. They may miss one or both (if they shoot ft like the Spurs).

And now with Rasho and Nasr we have 12 to give before we lose our big men.

sa_butta
03-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Five in 21 minutes. Yikes.His fouls are at a career high what gives?

Kori Ellis
03-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Hey, why worry about the fouling? It's called protecting the basket.

Smart fouls are good. Right now, he's not fouling smart and would foul out if he played 25+ mpg like everyone here is asking.

ducks
03-15-2005, 02:38 PM
are you wanting him tp play 25 plus minutes?

bigzak25
03-15-2005, 02:39 PM
i want to see who shows up vs. detroit....we need all our bigs to be healthy and ready to scrap...

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2005, 02:43 PM
A lot of his fouls seem to come from trying to make up from being out of position. I'll cut him a pass and let the staff work on that one.

A guy with bad hands doesn't catch that rebound that Duncan tipped to him, and then turn and finish with a bank shot.

The only rude awakening here is that you're apparently not watching the games. Whenever he gets a hand on the rebound, it ends up coming down on his hands. That is not a sign of bad hands.

As for defensive rotations, I saw him make some nice ones last night. Some of the Spurs have taken a whole year to get down Pop's defensive schemes and rotations, but somehow you want to judge Nazr in four games of limited action. Just admit you still want Rose and you'll do yourself a favor.

They said he had absolutely no touch on his J, that he usually doesn't pass it once he gets it(no matter where he is on the court),

Well I watched him stroke a J from outside the FT line last night, certainly had a nice rotation to it and hit nothing but net.

You might want to let Tony Massenberg know that Nazr never passes, I mean it's not like he got two buckets off of Nazr interior passes the other night or anything (and would have had a third if he was looking for it).

Bury the hate man, it's pretty sad that you're apparently 1) not watching the games and 2) putting way too much faith in New Yawkas.

Useruser666
03-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Nazr made some great passes. He had some trouble catching low post entry passes, but that might be partly the passer's fault on atleast one of those. He commited a lot of fouls, but I think he can easily improve in that area. T Mass was a foul a minute guy and he was able to play more minutes. Overall, I don't think he has bad hands, or is slow. He goes strong to the basket and looks to finish plays. I think he could average a little over a block a game in the Spurs' defense.

mookie2001
03-15-2005, 02:55 PM
he's thicker than i expected
i remember him being slender
i am pleased

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2005, 03:02 PM
user -

He averaged right at 1 block per game for the Knicks. I don't know if it will get to that piont this year, but next year I expect him to be swatting two a game in the Spurs system.

mookie2001
03-15-2005, 03:05 PM
what a forum, aggies and longhorns coming together for a common cause

T Park
03-15-2005, 03:17 PM
awesome points aggie, exact same things I saw.

His closeout and block on Speedy Claxton was VERY nice.

I love what Im seeing out of him.

THe SPurs may have found the Center they wanted int he summer of 03.

If this keeps up, I like the possibilities of packaging Rasho and maybe Barry to get a great small forward, or a package of shooting guards and forwards.

Only great things have come out of this Rose for Nazr trade.

Useruser666
03-15-2005, 04:07 PM
user -

He averaged right at 1 block per game for the Knicks. I don't know if it will get to that piont this year, but next year I expect him to be swatting two a game in the Spurs system.

I know what he averaged, that's why I said, "he could average a little over a block". A little to me could mean .5 bpg over. I also meant that to mean he would be averaging that for the rest of this season.

T Park
03-15-2005, 04:19 PM
If he progresses like I think, and hes starting next year, then hell average 2- 2.5 blocks a game.

Hes that good, and that atheltic and long.

Solid D
03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Where's the Rasho-love, T-Park? I thought you had silently become T Park Num 8....what gives? Are you turning into T Park Num 2 now? :hat

Solid D
03-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Now that's just dumb, isn't it?

Make that N Mo Num 2. :lol

T Park
03-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Ive been o the Mohammed bandwagon since November.

I attended a Pacers Knicks game in Indiana, and this guy played O'Neal straight up, head on, matching block for block, rebound for rebound, and jump hook and turn around jumper for turnaround jumper.

This guy will be fantastic for this team in the future.

I like Rasho, but Im also realistic, with time, coaching, and familiarity, this guy WILL be all star material, with the Spurs.

Slo spurs fan
03-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Did you smoke something T Park? :smokin

T Park
03-15-2005, 05:45 PM
No.

Once again, I like Rasho, but Mohammed is clearly a better player.

A total stooge would be blind to that.

Pop just said on the pop show, if one is playing better than the other, they are gonna get the majority of the minutes, he doesn't think starting is that big of a deal.

Useruser666
03-15-2005, 06:08 PM
The Slovenian army is looking for a new General. :lol :p

T Park
03-15-2005, 06:27 PM
sigh

Frenchise player
03-15-2005, 06:40 PM
It doesn't matter who starts, if Nazr plays 20-25 minutes, I will be happy.
The real issue is who will finish the close games in the playoffs. Currently, it is Horry job to play with Tim in the money time but Nazr has a shot because he is a real center, something between Rasho and Robert.
Instead of bashing one of them, we should be happy to have both.
Miami and Detroit have impressive big mens rotations (Wallaces-McDyess and Shaq-Zo-Harlem-Doleac) and we will need all players available to support Tim.

whottt
03-15-2005, 10:13 PM
AHF and Pop suck...so let me get this straight...In addition to Nazr's obvious offensive rebounding and put back abilities..

You guys are also claiming; he's a great passer, an unselfish passer, a great jumpshooter, and he's going to become a great shotblocker and defender in our system?

Stupid me, I didn't realize the guy was fucking Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Dumbfucks.

Hey, Malik hit a 3 pointer once, I guess that means he's a great 3 point shooter.

T Park
03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
no it just means the guy is a better player than Malik Rose

but your chidish blue and white number 13 glasses hide the truth.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Dumbfucks? Try watching a game sometime numbnuts. Shit, why trust my own eyes and what I've seen Nazr do so far when I can have stupid fucking New Yorker posting on a random bulletin board tell me the guy sucks?

What kind of dumbass Rose colored glasses logic is that, anyway?

Have you watched Nazr play? I've seen him hit jumpers in different games for SA. I've seen him block shots in multiple games and know he can do that sort of thing (I mean, you're obviously a shitty shot blocker if you can *only* claim an 8 block game to your credit this year), and I've seen him do some great passing already for this team (certainly better than any Malik "I Wanna be like Manu" Rose Special pass that ended up in the fifth row).

The biggest thing to me though is he doesn't force it on offense, the ball movement doesn't stop when it gets to him, and he gets his points off garbage offensive rebounds, not trying to go one on five with the other team's whole front line standing over him waiting to block his shot.

Pop said last night that Nazr is doing very, very well and is doing everything they expected of him. But hey, I guess a bunch of random anonymous New Yawkas posting on some Knicks fan site somewhere on the net should trump Pop too...

TheWriter
03-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Nazr > Rose

David Robinson > The Coyote

Silly rabbit, Trix's are for kids.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2005, 11:08 PM
You're the silly one if you really think Rose > Nazr.

Two years from now Spurs fans will look back on Rose like they look back on AJ.

Sure, he was nice at the time, but since then we've had a significant talent upgrade at the position.

TheWriter
03-15-2005, 11:18 PM
You're the silly one if you really think Rose > Nazr.

Was that directed towards me?

Because what I put was:

Nazr > Rose

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Eh, my bad, I thought you were mocking some other denizens who said the opposite.

All this shit they got me taking for the flu is messing with the mind.

exstatic
03-15-2005, 11:24 PM
If this keeps up, I like the possibilities of packaging Rasho and maybe Barry to get a great small forward, or a package of shooting guards and forwards.

And then you're stuck without a pivot on the bench again. Between Nazr and Rasho, they make like one MAX contract. Get rid of Barry, by all means, but there's no point in dumping a servicable pivot to go back to veteran forward du jour off the bench.

TheWriter
03-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Eh, my bad, I thought you were mocking some other denizens who said the opposite.

All this shit they got me taking for the flu is messing with the mind.

It was directed towards Whottt who is ragging on Nazr and who thinks The Coyote means more to the Spurs than David.

PM5K
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
And then you're stuck without a pivot on the bench again. Between Nazr and Rasho, they make like one MAX contract. Get rid of Barry, by all means, but there's no point in dumping a servicable pivot to go back to veteran forward du jour off the bench.

Man this guy seems to always be spot on...

We need a backup center, that's why we got Narz in the first place so why trade away Rasho and be in the same position we were in to start?

:king

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 12:21 AM
We won't trade Rasho. We'll use a 3 big rotation with Tim, Nazr, and Rasho, and you've got Marks and Scola as deep bench foul fodder.

whottt
03-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Dumbfucks? Try watching a game sometime numbnuts. Shit, why trust my own eyes and what I've seen Nazr do so far when I can have stupid fucking New Yorker posting on a random bulletin board tell me the guy sucks?

They didn't say he sucks, nor did I. It's just that he's just got flaws and you're acting like he's fuking Hakeem Olajuwon and no one realized it until now.

What kind of dumbass Rose colored glasses logic is that, anyway?

Have you watched Nazr play?

Yes.

I've seen him hit jumpers in different games for SA.

Like two of them so far. I also saw him take a jumper from 5 feet out that looked like a Nolan Ryan fastball.

I've seen him block shots in multiple games and know he can do that sort of thing (I mean, you're obviously a shitty shot blocker if you can *only* claim an 8 block game to your credit this year)

I've seen Barry block mutiple shots in multiple games, does that mean he's a shotblocker too?

That 8 blocks is a career high...one game does not a shotblocker make.

You know what makes a guy a shotblocker? #1.He doesn't say, "I'm not a shotblocker", for starters. #2. He averages a least a block per game...I think that's a fair minimum standard for qualifying him as a shotblocker.

and I've seen him do some great passing already for this team (certainly better than any Malik "I Wanna be like Manu" Rose Special pass that ended up in the fifth row).

Yeah, nothing says great passer like his career .05 APG average. Can you find someone with a lower APG average? I couldn't. Besides, there's a different between being able to pass and being willing too.

The biggest thing to me though is he doesn't force it on offense, the ball movement doesn't stop when it gets to him, and he gets his points off garbage offensive rebounds, not trying to go one on five with the other team's whole front line standing over him waiting to block his shot.

Whatever, at least Malik wasn't afraid to take it inside.

Pop said last night that Nazr is doing very, very well and is doing everything they expected of him. But hey, I guess a bunch of random anonymous New Yawkas posting on some Knicks fan site somewhere on the net should trump Pop too...

LMAO, amazing how much you like Pop when it suits your argument.

Since you like Pop so much...let's go back and look at your comments that trading Malik would not affect team chemistry...because I've seen Pop say it has affected the chemistry.

I think the guys got some skills that can help the team...but you aren't being realistic about it...the way you describe this guy he should be a franchise center....well he isn't...he's played on losers his entire career, he's been traded many times, he's been more of a bench player than a starter in his career,...he is what he is. The Knicks have a better record since trading him.

Malik was a flawed player too...in fact I think he and Nazr have some similar flaws(fouls for one)...but you are going overboard acting like this guy is an All Star and no one saw it but us.

And coming to the Spurs does not instantly turn players into All Stars...Rasho...Hedo...Smitty...Barry. The Spurs aren't miracle workers....And this guy has flaws. But keep blowing smoke up your ass if it makes you feel better about your Malik hate.

timvp
03-16-2005, 04:23 AM
Whottt has this thread owned. Spurs fans act like Malik Rose was the scrub of all scrubs, while Nazr Mohammed is the next Hakeem.

Let's be realistic.

He's a good player who can get a lot of offensive rebounds. He's not as strong of a defensive rebounder, but he's pretty solid. He goes up strong. He tries hard on defense but doesn't appear to have great timing in going for blocks. He looks like a good teammate and a good character fit.

On the other hand, he doesn't have a reliable jumper of any kind. He fouls a lot. He's never performed for a good team and has never scored a point in a playoff game. He's shown the ability to play well as a starter but hasn't played too well off the bench. Has an injury riddled past.

Overall, if he keeps up this level of play he'll be a good addition. He's big and long and will help continue the Spurs' twin tower legacy.

But lets not make him out to be some kind of all-star in the making or anything.

ShoogarBear
03-16-2005, 04:56 AM
Yeah, nothing says great passer like his career .05 APG average. Can you find someone with a lower APG average? I couldn't. Besides, there's a different between being able to pass and being willing too.

:lol

Actually, it's a 0.5 lifetime APG, so he's a ten times better passer than you think, whottt.

It's amazing how many people now think this guy is a great passer off the basis of one or two plays.

Reminds me of when Artis Gilmore played for the Celtics for about ten hot minutes. He made one behind the head pass out of the pivot his first game for them, and everyone started talking about how he could run the high post for them.

Useruser666
03-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Whottt has this thread owned. Spurs fans act like Malik Rose was the scrub of all scrubs, while Nazr Mohammed is the next Hakeem.

Let's be realistic.

He's a good player who can get a lot of offensive rebounds. He's not as strong of a defensive rebounder, but he's pretty solid. He goes up strong. He tries hard on defense but doesn't appear to have great timing in going for blocks. He looks like a good teammate and a good character fit.

On the other hand, he doesn't have a reliable jumper of any kind. He fouls a lot. He's never performed for a good team and has never scored a point in a playoff game. He's shown the ability to play well as a starter but hasn't played too well off the bench. Has an injury riddled past.

Overall, if he keeps up this level of play he'll be a good addition. He's big and long and will help continue the Spurs' twin tower legacy.

But lets not make him out to be some kind of all-star in the making or anything.

Funny how you say such things and then write this in your article...

This year, Mohammed was having his finest season as a pro with the Knicks. He was the everyday starting center and was even getting All-Star recognition.

“He has a real knack for the ball -- a good rebounder,” said head coach Gregg Popovich about his team’s newest player. “He moves well defensively to where we want him to go on the court. He understands pretty quickly. He's going for blocked shots. He isn't hesitating, if he's open he's taking shots. He’s a good passer (Whottt?), so we like what we see.”

mookie2001
03-16-2005, 10:47 AM
act I
the big men

-nazr walks into practice, after a full night of thinking it over he walks up to robert horry, who is talking to devin brown about golf, devin brown then turns away to talk to beno about golf

their 6-10 frames meet at center court

nazr- "you. go your way, i'll go mine. carry on"

horry understands and is not angry at the potentially volitile statement
tony massenburg walks away from devin browns conversation about golf

T Mass- "and then we'll get paid... DIVIDENDS!!!!!"

duncan walks in

Duncan- "nazr, was that crosby, stills and nash?

sean marks had been quietly observing the scene

marks- "and young"

duncan- "sweet"

T Park
03-16-2005, 11:06 AM
damn.

Did TIMVP just get OWNED by User???? :shock

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
You know what makes a guy a shotblocker? #1.He doesn't say, "I'm not a shotblocker", for starters. #2. He averages a least a block per game...I think that's a fair minimum standard for qualifying him as a shotblocker.

1. We don't know the full context of that quote. The interviewer could have said "do you see yourself as more of an offensive rebounder, or a shot blocker."

Answers to media questions can be spun however the writer wants to..

2. He's averaging one block per game, go figure.

Look, no one is saying the guy is Hakeem, or the starting all-star center for the west next year.

We are saying he's a better rebounder, particularly on the offensive end, than Rose. He's bigger, clears out more space in the paint, and doesn't get in the way on offense or kill the ball movement on offense like a certain recently departed 6'4" wannabe All-Star backup big man.

Is he Hakeem? No. Is he a significant upgrade inside with room to grow under the tutelage of the Spurs coaching staff? Hell yes.

It cracks me up that the Spurs coaching staff has brought in project players in the past (among them Rose, Devin Brown, SJax, etc.) that they have developed into solid players, but none of the Rose lovers on this site are affording the opportunity for Nazr to work on his game under the Spurs coaching staff.

As much as some of you bag on me for cracking on Rose or Pop, some of you are being as bad if not worse about hating on Nazr and thinking he'll never improve with the help of the coaching staff. Pot, meet kettle.

I find it particularly humorous that someone can say
has never scored a point in a playoff game. about the guy.

You could say that about guys like LeBron and Gilbert Arenas too, but I bet you'd take them on this team. disclaimer: I am not saying Nazr is as good as either, just that neither have scored a point in a playoff game, which some are using as a criteria for judgment of Nazr

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh, and LJ, just to do a little fact checking, according to Nazr's bio

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nazr_mohammed/index.html?nav=page

He's averaged six per game in 7 career playoff games played. I don't mean to pile on to user's callout, but looks like someone who just wrote an article on Nazr needs to do a little more research ;)

T Park
03-16-2005, 03:22 PM
^^^

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao just kiddin bro.

T Park
03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
As much as some of you bag on me for cracking on Rose or Pop, some of you are being as bad if not worse about hating on Nazr and thinking he'll never improve with the help of the coaching staff. Pot, meet kettle.

A fuckin men brother.

Aggie is the freakin man in this thread.

Useruser666
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Uh oh, the T Park kiss of death! :lol

T Park
03-16-2005, 03:33 PM
^ how so.

Because Im supporting Nazr? Or Im agreeing with aggie.

Useruser666
03-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Uhhh, both I guess! :lol

And that I also agree with most of your Nazr statements.

ducks
03-16-2005, 03:40 PM
atleast it looks like he will get 20 minutes a game
if rose could get those minutes with the spurs he was worth the price of his contract if not it was smart to move him
just like barry
barry is making to much for what he is producing.
spurs need to move him
move him to a team that has no backup point and spurs could make out
barry has value still just not with spurs

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Not to change the thread topic, but I think Barry's role and relevance has been greatly mitigated by the fact that Beno turned into a solid backup PG.

Don't think Spurs management was counting on that one, or else they probably would have dropped the MLE on a long three.

T Park
03-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Don't think Spurs management was counting on that one, or else they probably would have dropped the MLE on a long three.

I think if they knew that Beno was gonna be this good,

Stephen Jackson would be wearing numero tres.

damn, imagine how good this team would be if they had gotten Jackson, and had a long athletic defensive guard forward like him.

Him Ginobili, Mohammed, Duncan, Parker?

SIgh, one could dream.

ducks
03-16-2005, 04:10 PM
pacers could trade jackson for barry
they would have a good backup point for tinsley
spurs could then have jackson

timvp
03-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Funny how you say such things and then write this in your article...

Huh? There is a big difference between being the starting center on a Knicks team that misses all types of perimeter shots, letting him get tons of offensive rebounds. Also, making the All-Star team in the East isn't too difficult a task.

Alert me when Mohammed puts up 13 and 10 in the West.

Thanks.

ducks
03-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I think spurs could get a better player then s jackson though
but atleast jackson fit the bill
hedo and barry do not

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 04:15 PM
It's up to 13 and 10 now? You already conceding my 10 and 10?

timvp
03-16-2005, 04:17 PM
It's up to 13 and 10 now? You already conceding my 10 and 10?

Are you following along? Nazr was averaging around 13 and 10 when the NY Post was pimping him for a possible All-Star berth.

Read.

P.S.

I might as well start designing that Malik Rose avatar now. There's no way in hell Nazr averages 10 and 10 for the rest of the season.

But keep your Malik hate flowing. It's the only thing giving you hope.

timvp
03-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh, and LJ, just to do a little fact checking, according to Nazr's bio

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nazr_mohammed/index.html?nav=page

He's averaged six per game in 7 career playoff games played.

My bad. I didn't count the four games last season when the Nets raped the Knicks in a four game sweep.

But don't let that get in the way of your Nazr man love.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 04:24 PM
well he's sitting at 7.5 points, 7 boards right now, I like his chances.

No Nazr manlove here, at least not anymore so than your manlove for Rose.

timvp
03-16-2005, 04:27 PM
well he's sitting at 7.5 points, 7 boards right now, I like his chances.

No Nazr manlove here, at least not anymore so than your manlove for Rose.

I'm happy Rose is gone. He'll get his chances on the Knicks. I wanted the spurs to trade him. Can you say that about Nazr? Didn't think so.

7.5 and 7? Try again.

:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 05:00 PM
What can I say about Nazr? That I want the Spurs to trade him? :lol

He'll get his chance here in SA.

As for the points/boards, the bet was when Nazr was sitting out resting the groin injury, he's only played two games since and is (unless my math is wrong) sitting at 7.5 and 7 (and 1.5 blocks to boot).

timvp
03-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Trying to change the bet already? We agreed to the bet (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11437&page=2&pp=26) on Feb. 28th after his first game with the Spurs. He didn't hurt his groin again until March 2nd.

If you are feeling that shaky about the bet that you have to change the terms, let me know and I'll let you out of it.

It's all gravy.

:smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
My bad, that whole stretch was a blur. I stand corrected. No need to revise or anything, I'm not gonna duck my bet.

T Park
03-16-2005, 05:30 PM
nothing like the hate on Nazr.

Classic.

amazing the love this forum shows for a 6'4 power forward, who, screw it, Ill get flamed from here to kingdom come for telling the truth about Malik Rose.

Go Nazr, ignore the haters.

timvp
03-16-2005, 05:33 PM
nothing like the hate on Nazr.

Classic.

amazing the love this forum shows for a 6'4 power forward, who, screw it, Ill get flamed from here to kingdom come for telling the truth about Malik Rose.

Go Nazr, ignore the haters.

:wtf :wtf

Where is the hate on Nazr? Do you just make stuff up?

Kori Ellis
03-16-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't see any Nazr hate in this thread.

T Park
03-16-2005, 05:37 PM
o way in hell Nazr averages 10 and 10 for the rest of the season

For a guy that is gonna get more and more minutes, and is gonna take advantage of playing next to the best forward in the game.

Id say he could do it, but, you have already given up on him.

Nah, total Nazr love.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Unless he stops fouling, he won't be able to stay on the court long enough to average 10 and 10.

We haven't really seen what Nazr can do yet. He played one good game with Duncan out and another good game while the Spurs were in a blowout vs the Hornets. I'd like to wait to see what he can do getting regular minutes against some better teams.

He played adequate defense in his first couple games, but against New Orleans he was flailing defensively. I know he hasn't learned the system, so I'm not knocking him. But he does need to learn how to defend without fouling if he wants to make an impact.

T Park
03-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Id say his game vs Cleveland was good too Kori playing next to Duncan.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Id say his game vs Cleveland was good too Kori playing next to Duncan.

He was good on the boards, but he got 4 fouls in 16 minutes and shot 2-for-6.

timvp
03-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Freaking David Robinson didn't average 10 and 10 after the '99 championship season. For Nazr to do it, he's going to have to dominate off the bench to the point that Pop puts him in the starting lineup.

Hell if it happens, I'll gladly give up the first round playoff tickets because if the Spurs add a player that can go for 10 and 10, they'll win the championship in their sleep.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-16-2005, 05:48 PM
He averges 3.80 foul in 4 games, at Spurs for now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 05:54 PM
He's got to foul more often, he has to do something to make up for the fact he shoots FTs better than any of the Spurs big men.

T Park
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
uh I think Duncan shoots a better percentage than Nazr does.

Massenburg is in the 80s aint he??

Horry is in the 70s.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Dude it was a joke.

timvp
03-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Do not joke about Nazr. It means you hate him.

E20
03-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Dude you guys take the game to seriously.

T Park
03-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Do not joke about Nazr. It means you hate him

dont joke about Malik, then you are a malik hater.