PDA

View Full Version : Wade gives jersey to sick boy

Flo-Rida
03-25-2009, 03:37 PM
2 days old decided to post it

Wade gives jersey to sick boy

MIAMI -- When Dwyane Wade visited the home of 8-year-old Michael Stolzenberg, he noticed all sorts of Miami Heat souvenirs around the boy's bedroom. Magazine covers, championship memorabilia, that sort of thing, but no jerseys.

Problem solved.

After the Heat defeated the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night, Wade removed his jersey and gave it to the boy -- who nearly died from a bacterial infection last summer, an ailment so devastating that doctors needed to remove both of Michael's hands and feet just so he would survive.

"He lights you up, the smiles on his face. He seems so happy," Wade said. "Everything that's happened to him is unfortunate. But he lights you up. He makes you feel good. He's a kid I've had a relationship with for a while. I've been to his room. He has everything already in there, and I wanted to add to it."

Michael was bitten by a bug on July 22, 2008, and went into shock two hours later. The next day, doctors warned his family that he would likely die. He wound up spending more than seven weeks in the intensive-care unit of a South Florida hospital. He was the quarterback on his youth football team, a lacrosse player, an avid bicycle rider and video-game player.

All that changed, suddenly and without warning.

Eventually, the Heat learned of the boy's situation, and reached out. Michael was shown on the jumbo video screens Monday night during the game, got a standing ovation, then got the biggest thrill of all -- the jersey.

"Hopefully we can get that signed and get it on the wall," Wade said.

Wade has often met with sick children during his time with the Heat, usually in private, often not wanting any part of the spotlight.

He didn't want any on Monday, either, even after making a gift so publicly.

"I knew where he was sitting, so when I caught his eye and saw him smile right back, it's great," Wade said. "It didn't matter at that time, the connection that we had, it didn't matter who was looking. It was just us."

This just shows that Dwyane Wade is not just a great player but and even greater influence off the court.

Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIBawxlMOio

samikeyp
03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
:tu

The Gemini Method
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
A very classy move by D. Wade...

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Thumbs up, indeed.

poop
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
big deal, whats he going to do with a dirty jersey anyway? how can the kid use it? better to give him a pair of robot hands or feet. the jersey is nothing to wade. if i was famous and wealthy, i could 'brighten someone's day' by giving them my used fuckin underwear or a wink or a check for 1000$ and it would be nothing for me.
im not saying it was a bad thing or wade is a bad guy, but for it to be NEWSWORTHY it has to be a real sacrifice or a real monumental act of generosity.

BlackSwordsMan
03-25-2009, 04:10 PM
After the Heat defeated the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night, Wade removed his jersey and gave it to the boy -- who nearly died from a bacterial infection last summer, an ailment so devastating that doctors needed to remove both of Michael's hands and feet just so he would survive.

wow

Flo-Rida
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
big deal, whats he going to do with a dirty jersey anyway? how can the kid use it? better to give him a pair of robot hands or feet. the jersey is nothing to wade. if i was famous and wealthy, i could 'brighten someone's day' by giving them my used fuckin underwear or a wink or a check for 1000$ and it would be nothing for me.
im not saying it was a bad thing or wade is a bad guy, but for it to be NEWSWORTHY it has to be a real sacrifice or a real monumental act of generosity.

Yo real shit save stupid ass comment's like that for somewhere else.

Flo-Rida
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Its not just the jersey anyway idiot you would have to watch the video.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I hope Ghazi doesn't find a way to make fun of Wade cause of this. Wade is a baller.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 04:27 PM

your an asshole.

Ghazi
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Fuck D-Whistle

Ghazi
03-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Fuck D-Whistle

Bukefal
03-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Wonderfull act by wade! Congrats :toast

Morg1411
03-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice move by Wade. :tu

BUMP
03-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Best player in the NBA

poop
03-25-2009, 05:10 PM
your an asshole.

why? explain yourself sheep. if you were a wealthy multimillionaire celebrity, is giving some handicap kid your jersey really newsworthy?? if i were wade id tell the media 'give me me a break its not even a big deal'.

so explain to me how you are right.

poop
03-25-2009, 05:14 PM
haha i love how when a fabulously rich icon does something that amounts to a blink of an eye in his world for some unfortunate bastard, everyone is on his nuts saying 'what a great guy' he is. haha that is basically the equivalent of you giving a bum 50 cents and then finding news stories about how 'generous and great' you are hahahahahhaha.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
why? explain yourself sheep. if you were a wealthy multimillionaire celebrity, is giving some handicap kid your jersey really newsworthy??

Yes, since not like every athlete does it. It's a good story, especially when you're hearing about how other athletes are being forced to pay a fine for their body guard beating someone up and how an athlete mistreated his cleaning lady.

Flo-Rida
03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
haha i love how when a fabulously rich icon does something that amounts to a blink of an eye in his world for some unfortunate bastard, everyone is on his nuts saying 'what a great guy' he is. haha that is basically the equivalent of you giving a bum 50 cents and then finding news stories about how 'generous and great' you are hahahahahhaha.

put the haterade down son.

poop
03-25-2009, 05:49 PM
put the haterade down son.

i like wade and he seems to be a good guy. but this should not be newsworthy and he'd probably tell you the same thing.

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Zero class on your part, poop. Wade has done nothing but be a very good guy, a classy player, and an inspirational person. He works his ass off, has come back from injuries when people said he wouldn't be the same, and should be the MVP this year in my personal opinion. So, here's to ya.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/clawdad_2007/StoneCold.jpg?t=1238021730

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 06:03 PM
http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/j/041608087406.jpg
http://www.rfid-weblog.com/imgname--rfid_needle_free_glucose_testing_system_closer_to_ reality---50226711--images--istock_5226942.jpg
http://www.lerwick.shetlandsales.com/pics/donkey.jpg

Spurtacus
03-25-2009, 06:19 PM
:tu Mr. Wade

The TroutBum
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I'll agree with the ass holes here -- Big Fucking Deal. I could come home from my job, pull off one of my dirty socks, and give it to my neighbor who is retarded. ALL HAIL THE TROUTBUM! HE IS SUCH A GOOD PERSON!

What a joke. I HATE Duh Wayne with a deep, deep passion.

BUMP
03-25-2009, 07:02 PM
I'll agree with the ass holes here -- Big Fucking Deal. I could come home from my job, pull off one of my dirty socks, and give it to my neighbor who is retarded. ALL HAIL THE TROUTBUM! HE IS SUCH A GOOD PERSON!

:rollin

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 07:04 PM

I disagree with you. But that was hilarious:rollin

Flo-Rida
03-25-2009, 07:08 PM

Aint nothin changed you still a weird ass nigga. :td

sook
03-25-2009, 07:09 PM
wade is mvp

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 07:20 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/3125950908_9ef99d8d57_o.jpg

I am sure the boy was very please with the D Whistle jersey.

Flo-Rida
03-25-2009, 07:23 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/3125950908_9ef99d8d57_o.jpg

I am sure the boy was very please with the D Whistle jersey.

Damn haven't seen that shit since 07.