PDA

View Full Version : Here's ANOTHER reason why Spurs fans will like Bonner even more

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Maybe this has already been posted in one of the many Bonner threads but in case it hasn't you guys will find it funny.

He was drafted by Chicago with the 16th pick in the 2nd round. If you haven't guessed who traded that pick to Chicago for nothing by now, I'll give you a hint, it's only one of many draft picks they traded for nothing :bang

PS - For anyone that's heard me call Parker overrated, after this stretch where he more or less carried that team, I'm done calling him overrated :toast

sananspursfan21
03-25-2009, 05:49 PM
elaborate

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 05:52 PM
elaborate

The Suns traded the pick used to take Bonner. I figured I hinted at that well enough but I guess not. My point is that it's funny/pathetic that another thing the Suns threw away turned into an asset for the Spurs. It's more a "If you didn't know now you do" thread, not a thread meant to create pages of discussion.

timvp
03-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Nice.

Bonner and Vaughn for Nash? RC may even throw in Sanikidze . . .

BlackSwordsMan
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Bonner for shaq?

sananspursfan21
03-25-2009, 06:02 PM
The Suns traded the pick used to take Bonner. I figured I hinted at that well enough but I guess not. My point is that it's funny/pathetic that another thing the Suns threw away turned into an asset for the Spurs. It's more a "If you didn't know now you do" thread, not a thread meant to create pages of discussion.

oh, i kinda got the hint. eventually bonner worked for the spurs considering he was in toronto for a couple years, but the spurs gave the suns barbosa!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Nice.

Bonner and Vaughn for Nash? RC may even throw in Sanikidze . . .

This ownage gets ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out about some under the table trade where a provision was the Suns the agreed not to draft any French players with the 22nd pick in 2002

Libri
03-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Here's more information. In 2001 the Suns traded this pick (Bonner 2003) with Soumaila Samake to the Bulls for Jake Voskuhl.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soumaila_Samake)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 06:13 PM
the spurs gave the suns barbosa!

Knowing the Suns would become way to dependent on a mentally fragile one dimensional player who would proceed to shit bricks against the Spurs in 2007 and 2008. The Spurs have him to thank for the last two years.

PS - The Suns drafted Captain Jackson and got nothing for him lol

Libri
03-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Voskuhl is currently averaging 0.9 pts for Toronto.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Voskuhl is currently averaging 0.9 pts for Toronto.

That ass clown was one of the many garbage white big men the Suns drafted/traded for because of how well they were going to supposedly defend Shaq. The Suns have a legacy of trading talented players/wasting draft picks for scrub big men in an attempt to defend the franchise big man on the rival team who happens to be torching the Suns during that time frame. I would provide examples but no one really cares and there are so many I don't feel like bringing up.

SenorSpur
03-25-2009, 07:20 PM

And what the Spurs are throw somehow ends up on the roster of the Rockets (Scola, Barry, now James White).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
And what the Spurs are throw somehow ends up on the roster of the Rockets (Scola, Barry, now James White).

I wouldn't say they "threw" Scola away.....I thought they knew how good he was but just had a contract negotiation dispute.

When the Suns traded Kurt Thomas, D'antoni thought his defense was overrated and that they would have beaten the Spurs if he stuck to his game plan and didn't increase KT's playing time......which still pisses me off cause they would have gotten broomsticked in 2007 if KT didn't step in and play extremely consistent even though he had inconsistent PT the entire season.

senorglory
03-25-2009, 07:50 PM
When the Suns traded Kurt Thomas, D'antoni thought his defense was overrated and that they would have beaten the Spurs if he stuck to his game plan and didn't increase KT's playing time......which still pisses me off cause they would have gotten broomsticked in 2007 if KT didn't step in and play extremely consistent even though he had inconsistent PT the entire season.

I thought Thomas played remarkably well against the Spurs and Duncan during that year's playoffs, and that we were lucky to pick KT up the following season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I thought Thomas played remarkably well against the Spurs and Duncan during that year's playoffs, and that we were lucky to pick KT up the following season.

He did, but D'antoni lacks so much understanding of half court offense/defense that he oversimplified what good defense on Duncan is by concluding that since Duncan put up a high number of points at a 50+% against Thomas Thomas didn't defend Duncan any better than Amare did.

What he didn't get is Duncan had to work for every single point he got against Thomas, and that although Duncan put up good numbers on Thomas, he never opened up the floor for his teammates with Thomas guarding him. When Amare guards him, the guy guarding the shooters has to help off them because Amare is always standing around out of position.

superbigtime
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't say they "threw" Scola away.....I thought they knew how good he was but just had a contract negotiation dispute.

You know, for once I would like Pop to give a truthful 5 minute interview about what exactly happened with the L.S. thing and not try to be close mouthed or politically correct about it or dismissively playing it off as trying to be fair to the guy so he could fulfill his NBA dream. Of course that will never happen.

Brazil
03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm done calling him overrated :toast

We need to create a watchout DUNCANownsKOBE thread !:lol