Mugen
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry sons, but its true.

ECZ
03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
He just may be doing the most with the least

DespЏrado
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
He sure as hell is making it look easy. He does get sloppy at times but the kid is the best in the paint point guard to have ever played the game.

Fermixalot
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM

Yeah, Tim and Manu are very hard too work with. :downspin:

[/sarcasm]

But Tony has stepped up BIG TIME with all the injuries and is playing out of his mind this year. I'm glad that he's finally getting the national recognition for being the great player that he is.

cool hand
03-25-2009, 08:30 PM
best shooting guard playing point.

SpursPreacher
TP is the man right now.Dare we start mvp chants ?

texasmade006
man he exploded tonight! wait... what happened to timmy tonight?

Mal
03-25-2009, 08:31 PM
best layuping guard playing point

Mugen

[/sarcasm]

But Tony has stepped up BIG TIME with all the injuries and is playing out of his mind this year. I'm glad that he's finally getting the national recognition for being the great player that he is.

before all the injuries, i didnt think TP could carry a team like CP3 and DWILL but i was wrong, very very wrong. There is no PG out there that i would want on the spurs other than parker.

your sig is hilarious btw. FOTC is the shit.

VaSpursFan
talk about carrying a team. TP beasted out tonight...it was fun to watch.

de Soto
sorry sons, but its true.

+1

onarollbaby
03-25-2009, 08:33 PM
the best point guard in attacking the opposing team's interior defense.

cool hand
03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
He sure as hell is making it look easy. He does get sloppy at times but the kid is the best in the paint point guard to have ever played the game.

7BZILE8KpN0

duncan228
03-25-2009, 08:36 PM
... what happened to timmy tonight?

Sat out for rest.

DespЏrado
03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
7BZILE8KpN0

:lol
Doesn't count...he started at center.

But seriously my statement stands. The kid is the best point guard to play in the paint ever. Nobody has ever played the kind of game Tony plays as a PG. Not even Magic, testament to that fact is the way he lead the league for points in the paint for half of a season and still ranks unbelievably high in that category.

Besides Magic had what 6 inches on Parker and finished his career as a PF.

superbigtime
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
I think it's between TP and CP. TP has the offensive edge, CP definitely with defensive edge. Deron Williams close behind. Nash is still a great PG but over-rated I think. Andre Miller is no doubt the best under-rated point guard in the league.

Manufan909
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
:lol
Doesn't count...he started at center.

But seriously my statement stands. The kid is the best point guard to play in the paint ever. Nobody has ever played the kind of game Tony plays as a PG. Not even Magic, testament to that fact is the way he lead the league for points in the paint for half of a season and still ranks unbelievably high in that category.

Besides Magic had what 6 inches on Parker and finished his career as a PF.

What position is he at now, regarding points in the paint this season?

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
rajon rondo says hi

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
um..no. Point guard who can shoot. You must have forgotten Tony from a couple of years ago before Chip got ahold of him. Couldn't hit water jumping out of a boat. He earned that jump shot.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Best PG? GTFO

I'll take Paul and D-Will first, thanks.

Mugen
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
rajon rondo says hi

rondo will never ever come close offensively to parker.

Ice009
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Best PG? GTFO

I doubt Phil Jackson would. He really likes TP.

Oh and you're the one that can GTFO.

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Best PG? GTFO

You're welcome...for Tony to take over a game like he did tonight against a good team like Atlanta and pretty much do it himself, that's something else. Spurs are a 2 seed right now despite all the injuries they've had this year...and that's because of Tony...D Will and CP3 are close, but IMO Tony is on top.

spursfan09
rajon rondo says hi

Then go to a Celtics board. If you are that in love with him

spursfan09
Best PG? GTFO

I'll take the pg that has lead his team to the 2nd seed in the west

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
rajon rondo says hi
Rondo couldn't tie Parker's sneakers.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
You're welcome...for Tony to take over a game like he did tonight against a good team like Atlanta and pretty much do it himself, that's something else. Spurs are a 2 seed right now despite all the injuries they've had this year...and that's because of Tony...D Will and CP3 are close, but IMO Tony is on top.

You're being a homer and overly emotional after the past 2 nights. TP is an all-star and a top 5 PG, but to call him the best is blind homerism

will_spurs
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
TP is definitely edging in on CP3 for best PG, they are in the same class now. D-Will is good but not at that level.

Ice009
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM

What did Rondo do against the Hawks last season in the playoffs? His team could have lost that series if Atlanta had home court. It's not the playoffs, but you're reaching a bit TDMVPDPOY.

Rondo is a pretty darn good though I will say that.

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 08:56 PM
He's making it an argument with his performance of late. I think CP3 is better because he has better D and rebounding, but I would say TP and Williams are tied for second.

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 08:57 PM
You're being a homer and overly emotional after the past 2 nights. TP is an all-star and a top 5 PG, but to call him the best is blind homerism
Um..no. Has nothing to do with being a homer. I've been a hard critic on Parker. But the truth is, he's the best leader at the PG position in the league, IMO. Notice..I said In my OPINION! I guess Laker fan hasn't figured out that just because they believe something it doesn't make it fact. When we're on a scoring drought, it's Tony driving to the hoop making things happen. He's our leader, and there's not another damn PG in the league I'd take over him..but like said..that's my opinion.

Mugen
03-25-2009, 08:57 PM

you can argue that hes not the best and say he hes in the top 3. but to say that hes only in the top 5 is just blind hatred.

Mavs<Spurs
03-25-2009, 08:58 PM
D Will can't do what Parker did tonight.

He just can't.

Chris Paul can't score as easily as Tony can, but he is a better playmaker. However, that gap in playmaking ability has definitely narrowed as we now see Parker getting 10, 10 , 12 assist nights.

Brazil
nothing has changed for me 1 CP3 2 TP and 3 DW

Ice009

Seriously I think if you asked Phil Jackson who he'd take at PG between the 3 Parker would be high up on that list. He's had to really center his defense to account for TP a lot of times because of his penetration. Parker just needs to hit that jumper.

Spursfan092120
you can argue that hes not the best and say he hes in the top 3. but to say that hes only in the top 5 is just blind ignorance.
fixed

Ice009
03-25-2009, 08:59 PM
you can argue that hes not the best and say he hes in the top 3. but to say that hes only in the top 5 is just blind hatred.

Yep TP is top 3. Saying that he is maybe top 5 is retarded.

Come on Laker fans do you guys watch any other team apart from the Lakers?

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
D Will can't do what Parker did tonight.

He just can't.

Chris Paul can't score as easily as Tony can, but he is a better playmaker. However, that gap in playmaking ability has definitely narrowed as we now see Parker getting 10, 10 , 12 assist nights.
:tu Tony is getting his team more and more involved, and has become more balanced in shooting and passing.

Bukefal
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM

YES it is!!!! He played magnificent, a truly superstar, best spurs player and certainly the best PG in the NBA. 42 points!! damn!!

His action, his moves, his energy, the way he carries and leads the team, it's really wonderful to watch.

Tony Parker MVP!!!

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:02 PM
30 and 10 followed by 42 and 10? Not many PGs can do that...that's straight boss.

Michi_Germany
03-25-2009, 09:03 PM
But only because Spanoulis plays in Greece :lol

duncan228
03-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Winning wall.

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wallpaper_090325_1024.jpg

Bukefal
03-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Lol !!! Don't get them started.

Mavs<Spurs
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
That was an amazing game and it's part of a consistent pattern of games that we are seeing from Tony Parker and the fact that he did it without Tim and Manu (essentially) in the Hawks gym (which for that young team makes them much better) makes this even more amazing !

I think the only question is whether Tony is the best pg or the second best (and that would be alone second best) because DeRon Williams as good as he is clearly is not as good as Tony Parker. It seems hard to dispute that.

And it is definitely now a very defensible position to say that Tony Parker is the best point guard in the league.

It is also defensible to say that he is second best, alone.

I don't think it is defensible or makes any sense to argue for anything less.

Obviously, my opinion.

:flag:

DespЏrado
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I haven't been able to find the stats for Points in the paint this year actually. As a team the Spurs rank very low for the season, but that would probably be more due to the fact that we rely to much on the three ball than anything Parker has to do with it.

As for the Celtics and Rondo, Utah and D.Will, and LA and .4 - I don't think there is a team in the league that wouldn't benefit by switching point guards with the Spurs, except perhaps the Hornets.

Michi_Germany
03-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Lol !!! Don't get them started.

Every time I feel down I just have to read the Spanoulis-Thread to get happy immediatly :lol It's awesome!

KenGee21
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't really think of Tony as a PG, he is a scoring guard, and one of the best finishers without question, but as an NBA purist I've gotta go with CP.

But Deron and Tony aren't far behind, and I'm basing this on decision-making and overall impact on the game, offensively and defensively at the position.

picnroll
Without Manu and with an injured Duncan Parker is playing more like a Paul or Williams type PG with the ball constantly being put in his hands. Parker is entering his prime and given a little more improvement and consistency in his jumper and Spurs using him the way Paul is used by the Hornets the biggest difference between Paul and Parker will be the FTs Paul can get from flopping.

timvp
Ranking players throughout the league is pretty pointless. CP3 and a healthy Deron Williams could be classified as better than Parker. Maybe even Billups and Nash if the setting is right.

But I'll gladly settle for having Parker on the Spurs. When he's playing at this level, he's a perfect fit with the rest of the personnel :smokin

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes..but Spanoulis is just as good as Tony...just ask KBP..lol

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Every time I feel down I just have to read the Spanoulis-Thread to get happy immediatly :lol It's awesome!
:lmao:lmao I know what you mean.

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Ranking players throughout the league is pretty pointless.

pointless? its so much fun! that's the point.

DespЏrado
Ranking players throughout the league is pretty pointless. CP3 and a healthy Deron Williams could be classified as better than Parker. Maybe even Billups and Nash if the setting is right.

But I'll gladly settle for having Parker on the Spurs. When he's playing at this level, he's a perfect fit with the rest of the personnel :smokin

Fuck Nash, Billups, and Williams. Parker has owned all of them when it counted. CP3 is probably the only player actually better than Parker, and I think Parker still has another level or two he can take his game to after this year.

Michi_Germany
:lmao:lmao I know what you mean.

All other users here on Spurstalk know what I mean :lol Except one!

ECZ

[/sarcasm]

:toast
Duncan was in street clothes and we all saw that Manu is pretty rusty right now

:flag:

rayray2k8
I thought it was Sequ that started the thread..

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes..but Spanoulis is just as good as Tony...just ask KBP..lol

and every european assist is worth 2 nba assists. same for points.

Spursfan092120
All other users here on Spurstalk know what I mean :lol Except one!
I know...have you seen my new sig lately? I changed something...lol

Bukefal

haha, a 'make your day' thread ay? :P lol I guess that thread and such other threads will be here for a long long time, so you wont have to feel down never never never again!!! :king

Right? KBP?

DespЏrado
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Timvp why the hell would you even come up with Nash's name? Seriously have we not seen enough of his flaws to know that Parker is without a doubt better than him?

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
and every european assist is worth 2 nba assists. same for points.
Yep...and Ioannis Bourousis is the next Tim Duncan and would own Wilt Chamberlain.

Michi_Germany
03-25-2009, 09:19 PM
haha, a 'make your day' thread ay? :P lol I guess that thread and such other threads will be here for a long long time, so you wont have to feel down never never never again!!! :king

Right? KBP?

You're right! Now I'm smiling all the day. And nobody knows what's up with me :lol

timvp
03-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Without Manu and with an injured Duncan Parker is playing more like a Paul or Williams type PG with the ball constantly being put in his hands. Yeah, this stretch has pretty much curbstomped the idea that Parker isn't a real point guard or those that said it was lack of point guard skill that kept his assists totals down. Let him get as many touches throughout the game as every other star point guard gets and the results prove Parker is more than legit.

28.6 points and 9.2 assists over his last five games. 27.5 points and 8.6 assists over his last ten games. Hopefully when everyone is healthy and Parker's numbers return back to their customary 19 and 6 that the New Age Spurs fans realize the difference in the offense and why Parker isn't going to put up CP3 or DWill type numbers in that setup.

Michi_Germany
03-25-2009, 09:20 PM
I know...have you seen my new sig lately? I changed something...lol

A wonderful sig. But I think there are many quotes to come for your sig :lol

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
A wonderful sig. But I think there are many quotes to come for your sig :lol
I know..but I have to pick and choose..can't go too crazy with sig length..:lmao

Michi_Germany
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah, this stretch has pretty much curbstomped the idea that Parker isn't a real point guard or those that said it was lack of point guard skill that kept his assists totals down. Let him get as many touches throughout the game as every other star point guard gets and the results prove Parker is more than legit.

28.6 points and 9.2 assists over his last five games. 27.5 points and 8.6 assists over his last ten games. Hopefully when everyone is healthy and Parker's numbers return back to their customary 19 and 6 that the New Age Spurs fans realize the difference in the offense and why Parker isn't going to put up CP3 or DWill type numbers in that setup.

Is there a website to see the stats just for a stretch of games?

timvp
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Timvp why the hell would you even come up with Nash's name? Seriously have we not seen enough of his flaws to know that Parker is without a doubt better than him?I threw two conditions on that statement :lol

If the scenario is that you have a running team filled with athletes that can't shoot and the other team has a point guard who isn't a threat offensively, then that might be a scenario in which Nash would be chosen over Parker.

But yeah, Parker has been owning Nash since Parker was a prepubescent.

Michi_Germany
03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I know..but I have to pick and choose..can't go too crazy with sig length..:lmao

His quotes are just hilarious for me. You know, I'm from Germany and I follow the games Europe. I feel ashamed to read such a bullshit day in and day out.

timvp
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Is there a website to see the stats just for a stretch of games?
ESPN has the last five. I had to break out the calculator for the last ten.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 09:28 PM
I put TP in Top 5...meaning he could be anywhere from 3-5. Like Spursfan092 said, it's "just my opinion." Chauncey Billups changed the culture in Denver from that of hopeless first-round fodder to darkhorse contender. Rajan Rondo has been HUGE for the C's this year w/ all the injuries they've had--and is an excellent defending and rebounding PG. Mo Williams has been huge for the Cavs (not as good as TP). Andre Miller is another great and seemingly eternally underrated PG. I think this is Tony's best season by far, and at years end sure--he might be #3. CP3 and D-Will are still 1 and 2 tho.

Michi_Germany
03-25-2009, 09:29 PM
ESPN has the last five. I had to break out the calculator for the last ten.

OK, Thanks. I think his last 15 games were really impressives. And his percentage is above 50% in this stretch.

Brazil
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah, this stretch has pretty much curbstomped the idea that Parker isn't a real point guard or those that said it was lack of point guard skill that kept his assists totals down. Let him get as many touches throughout the game as every other star point guard gets and the results prove Parker is more than legit.

Yeah but everybody is going to forget that and we will come back with the trade TP for Rondo stuff..

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:32 PM
His quotes are just hilarious for me. You know, I'm from Germany and I follow the games Europe. I feel ashamed to read such a bullshit day in and day out.
I know..but it's hilarious.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2009, 09:33 PM
When he's on, he makes his team damn near unbeatable, and his game just keeps getting better every year. Can't say that about any other point guard in the league.

Brazil
03-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I put TP in Top 5...meaning he could be anywhere from 3-5. Like Spursfan092 said, it's "just my opinion." Chauncey Billups changed the culture in Denver from that of hopeless first-round fodder to darkhorse contender. Rajan Rondo has been HUGE for the C's this year w/ all the injuries they've had--and is an excellent defending and rebounding PG. Mo Williams has been huge for the Cavs (not as good as TP). Andre Miller is another great and seemingly eternally underrated PG. I think this is Tony's best season by far, and at years end sure--he might be #3. CP3 and D-Will are still 1 and 2 tho.

I agree on Andre Miller, I don't understand why there is no love for this guy he is an awsome PG for sure. For the rest I think that TP>DW, anyway he is the best fit for this spur team w/o any doubt.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Can't wait to see him in P&G!

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Lol... you're trying to :stirpot:

ulosturedge
03-25-2009, 09:47 PM
When he has games like this it scares me though. He has a hard time dominating like this against the top tier teams(aka Lakers and Cavs). Lakers always focus on stopping TP and the Cavs seem to be doing the same thing. He needs to be able to change gears and do the other things if we are gonna beat either of these teams in the playoffs.

Pop needs to understand this and scheme accordingly. If ppl are gonna be focused on stopping TP then we need Tim, Manu, and everyone else to take advantage of it.

A little off topic but its been on my mind.

mabrignani
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
parker is by far the best player in a one on one situation. he will blow right past you, try to plant for a charge and hell just move around you. he tore up bibby tonight and pretty much the whole team

Thomas82
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM

Avery Johnson said earlier tonight that he was 3rd best behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

lefty
03-25-2009, 09:50 PM

CP3 and Deron Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TP

Sorry but it's true

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Avery Johnson said earlier tonight that he was 3rd best behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

yup, it's pretty cut and dry from an outside perspective

Ice009
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
When he has games like this it scares me though. He has a hard time dominating like this against the top tier teams(aka Lakers and Cavs). Lakers always focus on stopping TP and the Cavs seem to be doing the same thing. He needs to be able to change gears and do the other things if we are gonna beat either of these teams in the playoffs.

Pop needs to understand this and scheme accordingly. If ppl are gonna be focused on stopping TP then we need Tim, Manu, and everyone else to take advantage of it.

A little off topic but its been on my mind.

Good thoughts and very legit concerns. Those adjustments need to me made.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2009, 09:52 PM

If you realize how grudgingly AJ gives out compliments to the guy who took his job and ended his career as a Spur, you'll realize how good Parker has to actually be.

spurtech09
03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
tony parker rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ice009
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
CP3 and Deron Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TP

Sorry but it's true

Maybe as PG's they are if we are talking about a PG in the purest sense who runs the team. TP is getting a lot better though in that regard.

As far as who's the best player between say CP, TP, DW, Nash and Billups then I'd say TP is the second best player and very close to CP.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM

When you figure out how to make the Spurs go when Parker is unable to effectively penetrate the lane, share it with Pop because you'll be the first. Teams that can stop him beat the Spurs in the playoffs.

Manufan909
03-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Who's the girl with the huge booty in your sig? And why does a cholo like a stick figure asian, I don't get it.:p:

Ice009
03-25-2009, 09:56 PM
yup, it's pretty cut and dry from an outside perspective

lol you said he's maybe top 5.

Avery was also probably looking at it purely from a PG perspective. Also, AJ got supplanted by TP so I'm not sure if he has any hard feelings over it still. Still that is a fair assessment from AJ. Better than top 5.

Ice009
03-25-2009, 09:58 PM
true

Where did you come from? One of your comments in the game thread was absolute rubbish. Are you a troll?

picnroll
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Parker's better than Williams. Williams defense is rivaled only by Nash's.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
lol you said he's maybe top 5.

Avery was also probably looking at it purely from a PG perspective. Also, AJ got supplanted by TP so I'm not sure if he has any hard feelings over it still. Still that is a fair assessment from AJ. Better than top 5.

u didn't read my last post explaining "top 5." he could be anywhere from 3-5...at times this year i'd put chauncey #3...right now i'd put parker there

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
No I'm not.... I just said something about Manu.... and yes I think the old Manu is gone..... forever.
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/STFU_NOOB.jpg

Rummpd
03-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Parker has never lost to Paul,Williams, Nash or Kidd in a playoff series - winning is what matter!

Spursfan092120
03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Parker has never lost to Paul,Williams, Nash or Kidd in a playoff series - winning is what matter!
:toast Agree 100%

Mugen
03-25-2009, 10:13 PM

u forgot billups.

Spork KIller
03-25-2009, 10:15 PM

You dumbass, Pepe Lepeu is not the best PG he is perhaps one of the top 10 but not the best...

Sorry sack of shit!

Chris Paul, Williams, Billups, Nash, Kidd are much better PGs than the french punk...

Spork KIller
03-25-2009, 10:18 PM
And let's not forget the french punk has always been bailed out by other scrub PG on the spurms during the Finals...

Winning is a team effort, not an individual player effort

duncan228
03-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Parker, post game.

“In San Antonio there are high expectations,” Parker said. “Nobody cares if Manu is out for 30 games and Timmy is in and out. They want to see us in the top and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

“My shot was feeling good tonight and it opened up stuff for me in the second half,” said Parker, who had 10 assists.

“I’m just going to try to keep it going and not be satisfied with myself because you know Pop is going to be on me the next game.”

duncan228
03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Ginobili said Parker “managed the game from the opening tip to the last whistle.”

“This is one of the best games I’ve seen Tony play,” Ginobili said.

Spork KIller
03-25-2009, 10:23 PM
The french punk is inconsistant at best one night he can put out 20-point games the next single digit-point games...

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Who's the girl with the huge booty in your sig? And why does a cholo like a stick figure asian, I don't get it.:p:

Asians are the best.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-25-2009, 10:30 PM
parker is by far the best player in a one on one situation. he will blow right past you, try to plant for a charge and hell just move around you. he tore up bibby tonight and pretty much the whole team
Plus, Parker has the inside footwork of Hakeem Olajuwon.

Mugen
03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Asians are the best.

a laker fan with good taste. i never thought that was possible. :toast

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Plus, Parker has the inside footwork of Hakeem Olajuwon.

I thought it was really interesting that Dominique was saying that about Parker -- how he has the footwork down low of a big man. I've never heard anyone put it in those terms before but they struck me as perfect to describe Parker's skill in that area.

DAF86
03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
rajon rondo says hi

Hope you're beign sarcastic.

Objectively speaking I think Parker is the 3rd point guard in the league right now. Paul and Williams IMO are a step ahead of him because they're more complete, they're better defensively and have a better jumpshot and playmaking hability ofensively.

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Put it this way......Parker may not be the best PG in the league, but he's the best PG in the league for what the Spurs need out of him.

SequSpur
03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
this topic was copyrighted by me.. :depressed

Keepin' it real
03-25-2009, 10:38 PM
When Parker consistently scores as much or more in the 2nd half as in the first half, when he scores as much in the 4th quarter as in the first quarter, and when he can continue to be a significant offensive contributor when teams "clog the lane," then he will silence his remaining critics, including me.

I had hoped that Parker had turned a corner after winning Finals MVP in '07, but the western finals last year were a setback. Without Manu, Parker wilted.

Tonight's game was great. Now I'm sure we all hope he'll keep it up, especially during crunch time.

duncan228
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
I thought it was Sequ that started the thread..

this topic was copyrighted by me.. :depressed

It is Sequ. We all know where the Parker line starts. :)

Brazil
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
No I'm not.... I just said something about Manu.... and yes I think the old Manu is gone..... forever.

We really needed another dumbass poster ! welcome

Ice009
03-25-2009, 10:50 PM
so now this is a one-one sport???? you got no clue.... this is a team sport specially for a PG.... a PG should make his teamates better.

Look I'm not trying to get on you about your posts, but how do you make players better than are not good offensive players to begin with.

Sometimes TP has to score.

I think TP played a decent first half in the Portland game that we got blown out as he was getting them the ball for wide open looks all half and they missed every single shot almost. How is TP supposed to make them hit their open shots?

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 10:52 PM
When Parker consistently scores as much or more in the 2nd half as in the first half, when he scores as much in the 4th quarter as in the first quarter, and when he can continue to be a significant offensive contributor when teams "clog the lane," then he will silence his remaining critics, including me.

I had hoped that Parker had turned a corner after winning Finals MVP in '07, but the western finals last year were a setback. Without Manu, Parker wilted.

Tonight's game was great. Now I'm sure we all hope he'll keep it up, especially during crunch time.

That's cause Phil jackson always knows how to handle him...no team is better at keeping him out of the lane...and when he does go down there he gets punished. Same gameplan we've had against him since 2004. Definitely works better with the big man in there, but still works regardless

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 10:53 PM
a laker fan with good taste. i never thought that was possible. :toast

Some of the best girls be out here.

Ice009
03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
That's cause Phil jackson always knows how to handle him...no team is better at keeping him out of the lane...and when he does go down there he gets punished. Same gameplan we've had against him since 2004. Definitely works better with the big man in there, but still works regardless

Half of that is on TP then other half on your defensive game plan. For some reason TP loses confidence against the Lakers at times. He just needs to stay aggressive, believe in his jumper and attack more.

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Tell me this though......why did they keep switching Horford onto Parker??!?!?! It happened like every possession and he kept torching him whether he drove to the hoop or took the jumper. Why didn't Woodson figure out something better? Woodson's no genius but he's certainly good enough to figure out that switching Horford wasn't working.

timvp
03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Paul and Williams IMO are a step ahead of him because they're more complete, they're better defensivelyParker's defense has been sub par for most of this season but he's a better defender than Williams in his sleep. Paul, outside of his steals, isn't much to write home about either.

DAF86
03-25-2009, 10:57 PM
good point....

After reading just a couple of your post I already realize that you aren't a Spurs fan so I recomend you to stop trolling imidietly 'cause in a couple of days nobody will take you seriously.

DAF86
03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Parker's defense has been sub par for most of this season but he's a better defender than Williams in his sleep. Paul, outside of his steals, isn't much to write home about either.

Your word against mine.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Parker > Ginobili

Mugen
03-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Parker > Ginobili

Gasol > Bryant

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Hooch > Turner

Mugen
03-25-2009, 11:04 PM
South Park > Family Guy

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Briefs > Boxers

FilSpursFan
03-25-2009, 11:09 PM
he's a slasher all right...

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 11:09 PM
> > <

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:10 PM
It's no fun if no one takes me serious.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I thought it was really interesting that Dominique was saying that about Parker -- how he has the footwork down low of a big man. I've never heard anyone put it in those terms before but they struck me as perfect to describe Parker's skill in that area.

I forget who it was on the forum, but someone couple months ago when there were comments on Parker's shakiness at freethrows in a gamethread, said Parker was a bigman trapped in a guard's body.

Anyway I was glad Dominique mentioned it today. I've seen Parker do the dreamshake a couple times, and I think last week, there was a move where Parker did a fake in the post, just like Hakeem. Also I think just playing around Timmy rubbed off a little bit on Parker.

DAF86
Sequ > timvp

DAF86
03-25-2009, 11:12 PM
It's no fun if no one takes me serious.

I'm beign dead serious.

timvp
03-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Your word against mine.Exactly. Thanks for conceding.

DAF86
03-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Exactly. Thanks for conceding.

To tell you the truth I never thought very highly of Parker's defense, I agree with you that Paul is more of a playmaker on defense than a true great defender but he makes so much of them (a steal, a rebound, draw an ofensive foul) that he should be consider a good enough defender and Williams IMO is one of the best defensive point guards in the league because of his strenght and quickness but I'm sure you'll come up with your own thoughts and say how ridiculous is to think that Williams is a good defender so I wanted to skip that part but I guess that won't happen now.

Manufan909
03-25-2009, 11:37 PM
so now this is a one-one sport???? you got no clue.... this is a team sport specially for a PG.... a PG should make his teamates better.

You are actually implying TP doesn't make the Spurs better?

Manufan909
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
big booty > big tits

Every time. And IronMexican, who's the 2nd girl in your sig?

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Go to her website on the picture.

Manufan909
03-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Go to her website on the picture.

:tu

But major :td on the asian. You can do better than that.

VI_Massive
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM

But major :td on the asian. You can do better than that.

Meh. She's no DAF86 sig girl.

bigfan
03-26-2009, 12:35 AM

Exactly right.

Danny.Zhu
03-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Even Tony himself thinks that Chris is better than him.

jag
03-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Parker is the 3rd/4th best pg in the league...I love the guy but let's not get carried away.

johnnyappleseed
03-26-2009, 01:34 AM
You guys are the biggest fucking idiots/homers. Lol at Parker being better then Deron Williams. Simply, LOL worthy.

romain.star
03-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Parker is an elite pg but is he top 2? Top 3? Top 5? People here will rank him based on his last couple of games. 2 great games like this and he is arguably better than cp3. 2 bad games and he suddenly become a one dimensional inconsistant player with no JS... This is actually funny. That being said, he is our 08/09 mvp hands down.

xapatan2
03-26-2009, 03:32 AM
Exactly. Thanks for conceding.

To tell you the truth I never thought very highly of Parker's defense, I agree with you that Paul is more of a playmaker on defense than a true great defender but he makes so much of them (a steal, a rebound, draw an ofensive foul) that he should be consider a good enough defender and Williams IMO is one of the best defensive point guards in the league because of his strenght and quickness but I'm sure you'll come up with your own thoughts and say how ridiculous is to think that Williams is a good defender so I wanted to skip that part but I guess that won't happen now.

Tony Parker has battled to gain respect from Spurs Fans and he is far from receiving the respect he deserves...

Talking about defense : TP is an elite defender...

Resume : he moved his ass on defense during his rookie and sophomore year, during the regular season // I remember we were talking here about 2nd team all nba defense for him //

The years after : Pop accepted the "moving his ass defense period" would be limited to the playoffs time if his defense during the regular season was "acceptable".

All passed playoffs years : Tony has proved he is a way better defender that Williams or Paul and shut down many players... : just have a look at the past game thoughts of Timvp...

But oh well, Keep the blinding way !
Xap'

kace
03-26-2009, 03:35 AM

Sorry but it's true

"CP3 and Dwill > TP" would have been an opinion, and a very arguable one.

"CP3 and Dwil l>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TP" , especially from a so called spurs fan, is just hate

Hope you're beign sarcastic.

Objectively speaking I think Parker is the 3rd point guard in the league right now. Paul and Williams IMO are a step ahead of him because they're more complete, they're better defensively and have a better jumpshot and playmaking hability ofensively.

You can say that CP3 and DWill are better than Tony. I don't think it's true for DWill, but it's arguable.

but to say that they're better defensively, especially for DWill, is false. CP3 is a gambler on defense too. and defense isn't in the stats.

timaios
03-26-2009, 04:44 AM

Tony stats vs the Lakers in playoffs 2008

Game 1 18 pts 6 ast 10 reb
Game 2 13 pts 4 ast 0 reb
Game 3 20 pts 5 ast 3 reb
Game 4 23 pts 9 ast 4 reb
Game 5 23 pts 4 ast 3 reb

For the serie : 19.4 pts 5.6 ast 4.0 reb 41/86 FG = 47.7 %

Wow... Tony was really awful against the Lakers ! :rolleyes

Bukefal
03-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Tony Parker has battled to gain respect from Spurs Fans and he is far from receiving the respect he deserves...

This is true!! Why? I don't know, maybe because he is french? He has done everything and still he is underrated and not respected he deserves. What else must he do to get that respecT?? Make 60 points in one game? lol :P

raspsa
03-26-2009, 05:53 AM
This is true!! Why? I don't know, maybe because he is french? He has done everything and still he is underrated and not respected he deserves. What else must he do to get that respecT?? Make 60 points in one game? lol :P

I think a lot has to do with being compared to Manu a lot. Manu was an instant success even taking into account his first season when he was playing with a bum ankle. Parker, by contrast, had his struggles in the first couple of years and Pop was very visibly putting the pressure on him to excel. It was unfair to compare the two, of course. Manu was a seasoned veteran when he joined the Spurs, Tony just a teenager being asked to run a veteran team. But Tony has definitely blossomed, fulfilling the potential Pop and specially RC saw in him.

Toni61
03-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Tony is great great PG

When I think in 2003 that we would Jason Kidd uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa

jdev82
03-26-2009, 06:18 AM
best pure scoring, penetrating pg in the last few years to be sure

Muser
03-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Paul>Parker>DWill.

ego
03-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Paul>Parker>DWill.

But last tonight TP >>> CP and Billups >> CP
:rolleyes

poop
03-26-2009, 07:11 AM
'dwill' is really good but i dont understand why all the announcers and some people here make him out to be fuckin michael jordan, i swear he scores like 20pts and they are 'OOHHHH MY GOOOODDD, WILLIAMS, UNSTOPPABLE OHHH MY GOOOODDD!! meanwhile parker is scoring 30+ every fuckin night and they are like casually mentioning 'theres 42 for parker' like its a ho-hum day.

kace
03-26-2009, 07:32 AM
'dwill' is really good but i dont understand why all the announcers and some people here make him out to be fuckin michael jordan, i swear he scores like 20pts and they are 'OOHHHH MY GOOOODDD, WILLIAMS, UNSTOPPABLE OHHH MY GOOOODDD!! meanwhile parker is scoring 30+ every fuckin night and they are like casually mentioning 'theres 42 for parker' like its a ho-hum day.

exactly.

obviously, DWill is a great player but he's very hyped, even this season where he's clearly less good than TP IMO.

CP3 is also very hyped, but he deserved a lot of praising though.

The fact is that Utah and NOH are considered DWill and CP3's teams whereas SA is Tim's one. Which is true.

but that doesn't mean Tony is not as great as them. That's just the reason why the spurs are better than NOH and Utah, because our great PG is arguably not even the main player of the team.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-26-2009, 07:40 AM

It's ridiculous. Had Kobe gone for 42, you'd never hear the end of it.

Bukefal
03-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Exactly! There is something that withholds people from respecting tony parker

Agloco
03-26-2009, 08:04 AM

Not.......

That would be D Wade......

But yeah he's doing a fantastic job of getting us through these rough patches. Hes gotta keep it up until Manu get his act together.

sgueou
03-26-2009, 08:24 AM
1 cp3 2 tp 3 dwill

Spurs Brazil
03-26-2009, 11:00 AM
nothing has changed for me 1 CP3 2 TP and 3 DW

Spursmania
03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
It's ridiculous. Had Kobe gone for 42, you'd never hear the end of it.

Exactly. The media would be kissing Kobe's ass till it fell off.

Morg1411
03-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Parker is da shit.

johnnyappleseed
03-26-2009, 12:15 PM
paul>parker>dwill.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooool

johnnyappleseed
03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
1 cp3 2 tp 3 dwill
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ol

Phenomanul
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Exactly! There is something that withholds people from respecting tony parker

The media resents the fact that he's 'French'...

41times
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I love TP but he is not the best PG in the league nor in his conference and not even in his division. But all that doesn't matter because he is a great player and saved the Spurs again last night.

I would probably put the following PG's ahead of TP if you insist on ranking them:

CP3
Deron Williams
Maybe Devin Harris (tie)

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I love TP but he is not the best PG in the league nor in his conference and not even in his division. But all that doesn't matter because he is a great player and saved the Spurs again last night.

I would probably put the following PG's ahead of TP if you insist on ranking them:

CP3
Deron Williams
Maybe Devin Harris (tie)
says the Mavs fan. Of course you won't acknowledge Tony. And Devin Harris? Seriously? Come on man...That's just wrong...

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Exactly. The media would be kissing Kobe's ass till it fell off.
http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134kjlh1cfn81vc34/flash/f-LMAO-5470.jpg

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 01:25 PM
You guys are the biggest fucking idiots/homers. Lol at Parker being better then Deron Williams. Simply, LOL worthy.
OK..let's see..same stats in almost every aspect. Almost completely identical. Tony's team is in second though, even having Manu and Tony hurt a lot of the year. Do you listen to yourself? Do you know anything about basketball?

johnnyappleseed
03-26-2009, 03:04 PM
OK..let's see..same stats in almost every aspect. Almost completely identical. Tony's team is in second though, even having Manu and Tony hurt a lot of the year. Do you listen to yourself? Do you know anything about basketball?
O yeah, I forgot that the Jazz have been healthy all year, no injuries to Deron, Okur, Boozer, Ak....o wait

Brazil
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooool

Impressive first post really I'm like :wow what a great addition you are for ST.

D-ROB 50
03-26-2009, 05:48 PM
by far tony is the best pg in the league. you cant argue with his scoring and he's getting double digit assissts on a nightly basis lately. It irks me that espn gives him no mvp love. he has carried the spurs alot this year, missing manu, timmy and both at times. yet cp3 get mentioned dwade get mentioned, it's retarded.

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 05:58 PM
O yeah, I forgot that the Jazz have been healthy all year, no injuries to Deron, Okur, Boozer, Ak....o wait
So both teams have been injured this year. Players have equal stats. One team has a better record, and has so far swept the season series, even beating Utah at home, where it's almost impossible to beat them, ask the refs. One player is obviously a better leader, and yet a guy who calls himself a Spurs fan says it's homerism to say the guy with the better record and a 2-0 record against the other guy is better? Think for a minute before you respond..please..

The Franchise
03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
No, just no.

ducks
03-26-2009, 07:05 PM

would another finals mvp change your mind

TDomination
03-26-2009, 07:40 PM
One could argue that Chris Paul is the best, but I would never trade Parker for Paul.

RC's Boss
03-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Tony has sex w/ a celebrity. Can Paul & Williams top that?