PDA

View Full Version : Something for all you "knuckleheads" out there....

Condemned 2 HelLA
03-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Penn, Carrey, Del Toro are "The Three Stooges"

MGM and the Farrelly brothers are getting closer to getting a cast for the upcoming "The Three Stooges" film. The studio has set Sean Penn to play Larry, and negotiations are underway with Jim Carrey to play Curly, with the actor already making plans to gain 40 pounds to approximate the physical dimensions of Jerome "Curly" Howard.

The studio is zeroing in on Benicio Del Toro to play Moe.

The film is not a biopic, but rather a comedy built around the antics of the three characters that Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Howard played.

Originally constructed as four separate shorts, the feature screenplay has since been streamlined into a single narrative. Included in the story line is an opening that shows the Stooges as kids in an orphanage, a device that will require some "Benjamin Button"-style visual trickery to place the adult actors' heads on child actors' bodies.

The quest by the Peter and Bobby Farrelly to harness the project spans more than a decade and three studios. They first tried at Columbia, again at Warner Bros, and finally at MGM, where Worldwide Motion Picture Group chairman Mary Parent championed the cause and bought the WB-owned scripts and made a deal with Stooges rights holders C3.

Production will begin in early fall for a release sometime in 2010.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=12708&count=0

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/penn-del-toro-and-carrey-are-the-three-stooges

jaffies
03-25-2009, 11:45 PM
This will ruin some old man's childhood.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I started a thread about this because I didn't see yours.

Sorry.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 09:15 AM
This will ruin some old man's childhood.

Fuck that, it will ruin my childhood.

I used to spend hours upon hours watching the Stooges.

I fucking hate Carey with a passion. That fucker is such an overrated actor. He's not even funny.

Now this bastard is going to play the part of my favorite Stooge???

Fuck him.

They couldn't find any funny fat guys out there?

Come on!!!

Bukefal
03-26-2009, 09:18 AM
I cant stand Carrey either and honestly dont know why people like him so much, his acts are disgusting and he is a complete idiot, not funny at all.

JudynTX
03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I was not a fan of The Three Stooges.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 09:24 AM

That's because you're retarded.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 09:24 AM
This one is my favorite Stooge short:

xVdUsgYA_D4

JudynTX
03-26-2009, 09:25 AM

Whateva :lol

CuckingFunt
03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I see massive fail written all over this one.

Drachen
03-26-2009, 09:37 AM
WTF MAN! Look I actually DO like all three actors, and the farrely brothers, but WTF. STOP just get a damn original script. There is nothing you can do, NOTHING, to improve on the three stooges. All that is going to happen is that you will either try to stay true to their antics and fail miserably, or you will stray from it, and make a a completely different type of film, in which case just name it 2 skinny guys and a fat guy hit eachother. This is the worst goddamn idea since Shemp.

CuckingFunt
03-26-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't even necessarily think it's an instance of the source material being somehow holy and untouchable. The way I see it, there's probably a good reason that the original Three Stooges stuff was never any longer than a short. Two hours of nyuk nyuk? That's a lot to ask of an audience.

batman2883
03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Can't wait to see how penn and del toro do as larry and moe....

Kermit
03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
At least it's not the Cohen brothers doing The LadyKillers.

JoeChalupa
03-26-2009, 09:58 AM
This is totally ridiculous. No way in hell The Three Stooges can be done. And what about Shemp!!?
Total fail.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
This is the worst goddamn idea since Shemp.

I was actually okay with Shemp.

The one that pissed me off to high hell was Curly Joe.
I fucking hated that bastard.

Don't bring in some random fat guy, give him the original Curly's name, and expect me to like him, especially when he's not funny at all.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't even necessarily think it's an instance of the source material being somehow holy and untouchable. The way I see it, there's probably a good reason that the original Three Stooges stuff was never any longer than a short. Two hours of nyuk nyuk? That's a lot to ask of an audience.

They way I understood it, when the concept was thrown about a couple of years ago, was that they were going to be a series of short films (from 30-45 minutes each) that were going to be shown with other longer films.

But, it could've all changed by now.

Drachen
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I was actually okay with Shemp.

The one that pissed me off to high hell was Curly Joe.
I fucking hated that bastard.

Don't bring in some random fat guy, give him the original Curly's name, and expect me to like him, especially when he's not funny at all.

Oh yeah, when I saw him on the show, I kinda just turned it off, so I forgot about him. Yeah, Shemp was comedic nirvana compared to that guy.

Worst goddamn idea since Curly Joe

*fixed

JoeChalupa
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
I loved Shemp!!

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Either way, it's not going to work.

Comedy Central tried to do a Stooges-like show with Micheal Ian Black, Micheal Showalter, and David Wain. The show was called Stella and it just sucked.

It just didn't work.

Drachen
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
You know, my biggest problem with Shemp was that he wasn't Curly. I guess therein lies my dislike for him.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
You know, my biggest problem with Shemp was that he wasn't Curly. I guess therein lies my dislike for him.

Yea, if you put it that way.

He was no Curly, but he wasn't all that bad either.

Curly Joe just made me want to stab him in the eye. That fucker was not funny AT ALL. He was annoying. I hope he's still alive just so I can kill him.

peewee's lovechild
03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
They way I understood it, when the concept was thrown about a couple of years ago, was that they were going to be a series of short films (from 30-45 minutes each) that were going to be shown with other longer films.

But, it could've all changed by now.

I stand corrected.

I just read this at Aint It Cool News:

The Farrellys have set up the film at MGM, and are hoping to begin production this fall in order to hit a 2010 release date. According to the Reporter, the script is no longer a series of four loosely connected vignettes, but a complete, "streamlined" narrative. It also begins with an orphanage sequence that will require massive CG de-aging for the three stars. Generally, I think CG is the death of comedy, but the Farrellys have been at this game for a long time, so I'll not question their comedic instincts (even though I thought they missed with their remake of THE HEARTBREAK KID).

Bender
03-26-2009, 03:56 PM

it's because she's a chick. Stooges are a 'guy' thing...

I love them myself, but only with the original Curly.

:lol <---- nyuk nyuk nyuk

JoeChalupa
03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
I too love the original stooges but Shemp was still one of my favorites. Never did like Joe.