PDA

View Full Version : Texans to take a bruising RB in first round???

djohn2oo8
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Interesting comments from Kubiak
At least we know we have a good young one in Slaton. Hopefully, something good will happen there.”

It’s nerve-racking for Kubiak because, in all likelihood, he’s going to have to rely on a rookie running back for the second year in a row.

“If we can add another one, either somebody whose style is close to Steve’s or someone a little different, that would make us better,” Kubiak said. “The perfect complement is a bigger, more physical guy who’s good in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

“We’d love to draft a back who turns out to be as good as Steve. And we’re not looking for a guy who’s just a backup player. It takes two backs to get through a season.

“In a perfect game, maybe you could say (Slaton) gets 22 touches and the other gets 10 or 12. When you go after him, you have to pick somebody you think is capable of starting a few games.

“For Steve to hold up for 15 games was amazing. Hopefully, that’ll continue, but you have to be prepared just in case.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6342794.html

KNOWSHON MORENO ANYONE???:toast

Dr. Gonzo
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I think the top RBs will fall to the late first/early second round. They may be able to get what they need in the 2nd or 3rd round.

BSofA04
03-26-2009, 10:10 PM
It's all a smokescreen. No way in hell would they draft a RB in the first round when the defense is clearly in need of help.

Dr. Gonzo
03-26-2009, 10:27 PM
It's all a smokescreen. No way in hell would they draft a RB in the first round when the defense is clearly in need of help.

A second RB is a BIG need for them, of course along with an OLB, safety and CB.

If all the top defensive guys are already off the board, I can see them going after Beanie Wells if he is still on the board. I remember when Houston took another Ohio State RB at around the 15 pick and he was their franchise RB for years.

Rogue
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Interesting comments from Kubiak
At least we know we have a good young one in Slaton. Hopefully, something good will happen there.”

It’s nerve-racking for Kubiak because, in all likelihood, he’s going to have to rely on a rookie running back for the second year in a row.

“If we can add another one, either somebody whose style is close to Steve’s or someone a little different, that would make us better,” Kubiak said. “The perfect complement is a bigger, more physical guy who’s good in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

“We’d love to draft a back who turns out to be as good as Steve. And we’re not looking for a guy who’s just a backup player. It takes two backs to get through a season.

“In a perfect game, maybe you could say (Slaton) gets 22 touches and the other gets 10 or 12. When you go after him, you have to pick somebody you think is capable of starting a few games.

“For Steve to hold up for 15 games was amazing. Hopefully, that’ll continue, but you have to be prepared just in case.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6342794.html

KNOWSHON MORENO ANYONE???:toast
have you ever made your owns words as smooth as those you quote?

BSofA04
03-27-2009, 06:35 PM
A second RB is a BIG need for them, of course along with an OLB, safety and CB.

If all the top defensive guys are already off the board, I can see them going after Beanie Wells if he is still on the board. I remember when Houston took another Ohio State RB at around the 15 pick and he was their franchise RB for years.
Even with Beanie Wells on the board, they're more likely to trade that pick to a team desperate for RB's in exchange for more picks. Word out of Houston is that they're intrested in a big back in the mid-later rounds such as Shonn Green, Rashad Jennings and Arian Foster to backup Slaton. It makes sense, since the back selected will only get about 10-12 carries a game.

Spursfan092120
03-27-2009, 06:52 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/pic/photos/james_davis_300_250.jpg
Period. James Davis..Clemson...dude is a LOT stronger than his size...and a great power back.

SpuronyourFace
04-01-2009, 09:57 AM
yeah, they need someone to share duties with Slaton.

ATRAIN
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
yeah, they need someone to share duties with Slaton.

1st off nice sig :wow

Yeah we need a compliment back that can chew up them 3rd down and goal line yards. If we sign June I can see our draft changing up.