PDA

View Full Version : UTSA frat kicked out for hazing

JudynTX
03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Chugging, stripping, paddling, kidnapping — these are just a few of the hazing activities that got the University of Texas at San Antonio's chapter of Phi Gamma Delta, or Fiji, booted off campus earlier this month.

This week, the San Antonio Express-News obtained a letter under open records laws detailing the hazing activities, which included making pledges set fire to toilet paper wedged in their butts, chug beer, eat sand-covered hot dogs and dress in drag.

University policy strictly prohibits hazing, defined as anything that threatens the health, safety or dignity of students in the name of joining an organization. That includes physical brutality, forced calisthenics, forced consumption of food and alcohol and total or partial nudity.

UTSA suspended Phi Gamma Delta's registration until 2013, and the fraternity doesn't plan further appeals, said David Gabler, a university spokesman.

“When alleged violations are reported, we investigate those seriously and take appropriate action,” Gabler said.

J.B. Goll, Phi Gamma Delta's national director of chapter services, condemned the chapter's behavior.

“The hazing activities conducted by our chapter at the University of Texas at San Antonio were in violation of both the values and laws of Phi Gamma Delta and were conducted in spite of regular efforts by the fraternity to educate all chapters on the rules and values of the fraternity as they relate to the treatment of pledges,” Goll said in a written statement.

The 40-member Fiji fraternity is one of 23 Greek organizations at UTSA, most of them affiliated with national chapters, Gabler said. About 3 percent of UTSA students belong to fraternities or sororities. In the past, UTSA has sanctioned three organizations for hazing and removed three others from campus, Gabler said.

In Fiji's case, the Dec. 19 letter from Kevin Price, UTSA's dean of students, listed many examples of hazing:

• At “Brotherhood” events, pledges were told to put toilet paper up their rectums, light it on fire, then run around and put out the fire without using their hands.

• At alumni softball gatherings, pledges participated in “bat races,” where they got dizzy spinning around the end of a bat, ran the bases, chugged a beer and ate a sand-covered hot dog.

• On initiation day, members paddled blindfolded pledges in a garage.

• At campouts, members made pledges strip down to their underwear and lie face-down in the bed of a truck while members drove them to a remote location, then abandoned the pledges to find their way back to the main campsite.

• Pledges dressed in camouflage stormed an after-mixer party and kidnapped a member.

• Around Halloween, scavenger hunts required pledges to dress as women and take pictures of themselves in different places, some of them outside of San Antonio.

• Members made pledges do sprints, push-ups, relay races and obstacle courses, sometimes in the chilly waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

Fueling all the activity was extensive alcohol use, according to the charge letter. One popular drinking game called “buffalo” forced pledges caught drinking out of their right hand to chug their drink.

Not only did members fail to report the hazing, chapter officers denied specific activities took place and told other members to “not be fully forthcoming” during the university's investigation, according to the letter.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/education/UTSA_frat_kicked_out_for_hazing.html

Epic Fail Guy
03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Another example of failure!

Horry For 3!
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Chug Beer, that is not bad.

Dr. Gonzo
03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Chug Beer, that is not bad.

I bet you chug beer all the time while living your "party" life that consists of lifting weights, beating up frat boys and being just an all around better athlete and person than everyone else.

You still banging this hot piece of ass Horry?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/victoriasass41kt.jpg

Holmes_Fans
03-26-2009, 06:37 PM
"At “Brotherhood” events, pledges were told to put toilet paper up their rectums, light it on fire, then run around and put out the fire without using their hands."

That is the only one remotely bad

dws009
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
"At “Brotherhood” events, pledges were told to put toilet paper up their rectums, light it on fire, then run around and put out the fire without using their hands."

That is the only one remotely bad

I thought this was part of the Fag 5 initiation!

BSofA04
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM
It's only stupid if you get caught. I mean....come on....this stuff happens everyday on some campus around the U.S. They're just stupid enough to get caught or reported.

DMX7
03-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Oh shit, I didn't know this was a "College Sport".

Blake
03-27-2009, 09:59 AM

I thought this was part of utsa attendance requirements.

THE KIDD
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I thought this was part of utsa attendance requirements.

Its also part of Texas Tech requirements. Only they put gas on their paper and light it up.

Blake
03-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Its also part of Texas Tech requirements. Only they put gas on their paper and light it up.

my jab was semi-funny.

but you turning it into a Tech jab, then adding "gas" and putting it in bold turns it into comedic gold.

just when I think I've seen all the utsa freaks around here, another one pops his head up from out of the sand

K-State Spur
03-27-2009, 11:04 AM
tough to find a frat guy who doesn't have some level of fixation with young men's asses...

j-6
03-27-2009, 11:29 AM
my jab was semi-funny.

but you turning it into a Tech jab, then adding "gas" and putting it in bold turns it into comedic gold.

just when I think I've seen all the utsa freaks around here, another one pops his head up from out of the sand

I thought the coup de grace in that particular post was the use of boldface.

lebomb
03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
my jab was semi-funny.

No kidding............that jab was very "Witty" of you.......... :rolleyes

johngateswhiteley
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
none of that stuff is really that bad, except the sand covered hot dog...i wouldn't do that. then again, i wasn't in a frat...

dirk4mvp
03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
none of that stuff is really that bad, except the sand covered hot dog...i wouldn't do that. then again, i wasn't in a frat...

What activities did you participate in during your time at USC?

stretch
03-27-2009, 02:10 PM

lol, hi del

stretch
03-27-2009, 02:10 PM

chugging

semen

Blake
03-27-2009, 02:42 PM
No kidding............that jab was very "Witty" of you.......... :rolleyes

you're not.

lol, lebomb

johngateswhiteley
03-27-2009, 02:49 PM

i'm comparing it against my years in rugby at the collegiate and men's level. granted i wouldn't put myself through that crap b/c i don't give a damn about frats or other groups the same. other than the hot dog, that shit isn't that bad...

btw, the tp in the butt is called a flaming asshole...and those amateurs are doing it incorrectly. but whatever...

lebomb
03-27-2009, 02:51 PM
you're not.

lol, lebomb

Not trying to be. You can have that title. :toast

Blake
03-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Not trying to be. You can have that title. :toast

did your love for licking aholes come from utsa hazing?

lebomb
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM
did your love for licking aholes come from utsa hazing?

Apparently your love for suckin dick came from the fag 5 though..................

Blake
03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Apparently your love for suckin dick came from the fag 5 though..................

were you trying to be "witty" this time?

fail

RonMexico
03-27-2009, 05:03 PM
One time, I stopped in San Antonio on my way to Houston from Phoenix and I decided to troll for some fat HS school girls. Long story short, I ended up on the UTSA "campus" and saw a bunch of men sucking each other's dicks. One of them was Bruce Bowen. The other was Brooks Thompson.

THE KIDD
03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
One time, I stopped in San Antonio on my way to Houston from Phoenix and I decided to troll for some fat HS school girls. Long story short, I ended up on the UTSA "campus" and saw a bunch of men sucking each other's dicks. One of them was Bruce Bowen. The other was Brooks Thompson.

You stupid fucking aggie you should know about sucking COCK (dick) you do it all the time. forever sucking Longhorn dick. Its okay to spit now you dumb mother fucker. Soon your going to eat Roadrunner bird Shit.

dirk4mvp
03-27-2009, 05:38 PM
You stupid fucking aggie you should know about sucking COCK (dick) you do it all the time. forever sucking Longhorn dick. Its okay to spit now you dumb mother fucker. Soon your going to eat Roadrunner bird Shit.

someone's defensive.

lol, utsa

RonMexico
03-27-2009, 06:05 PM

I'm actually a huge SFA fan and you guys ate a lot of Lumberjack shit this year...

dws009
03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Those FIJI guys are a bunch of douches anyway. I rushed them awhile back and was offered a bid but declined it. Thought that the other two frats I rushed were much better choices!

dws009
03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm actually a huge SFA fan and you guys ate a lot of Lumberjack shit this year...

That we did! Who's coming back for SFA next year?

dws009
03-27-2009, 06:08 PM
lol, hi del

Stretch, what's this guy's myspace so i can find who you claim I am suppose to be again? Thx!

pkbpkb81
03-27-2009, 06:37 PM
That we did! Who's coming back for SFA next year?

sfa fans dont even care about that

redraiderinfiji
03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Those FIJI guys are a bunch of douches anyway. I rushed them awhile back and was offered a bid but declined it. Thought that the other two frats I rushed were much better choices!

everything greek at astu sucks.....

wanna be fraternities!

Del Cid, tell the truth, you were rejected by all astu frats!!!!!! thats fucking sad!

lol, astu frats

dws009
03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Del Cid may have been rejected but I wasn't!

Blake
03-27-2009, 11:55 PM
You stupid fucking aggie you should know about sucking COCK (dick) you do it all the time.

thanks for putting dick in parentheses. I wasn't sure what you meant by COCK

lebomb
03-28-2009, 08:14 AM
thanks for putting dick in parentheses. I wasn't sure what you meant by COCK

(Blake)

Blake
03-29-2009, 11:10 AM
(lol,lebomb
lol,utsa
lol,holelicker)

LaMarcus Bryant
03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Frat initiations almost always have some blatantly homoerotic hazing ritual. So gay. I bet JGW was in a frat while he was in A&M for half a semester.

mookie2001
03-29-2009, 12:07 PM
in football they dressed 4cc and me up like cheerleaders and bukakked us

but that was for the team

johngateswhiteley
03-30-2009, 04:15 PM
I bet JGW was in a frat while he was in A&M for half a semester.

that doesn't make any sense.