PDA

View Full Version : quick question about PoP

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
when does his contract expire?.... I tried looking for it on the spurs site but its not listed

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
none of you guys know? some fans you are

MoSpur
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
The same year that Tim Duncan's expires. Honestly. Dude said he was riding off into the sunset when Timmy does.

MoSpur
03-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Popovich, who took over on the Spurs' bench 18 games into the 1996-97 campaign, has spent each of his 13 seasons as a head coach with the team. He is under contract through the end of the 2011-12 season, not coincidentally expiring at the same time as Tim Duncan's latest deal.

From mysa.com

Illuminati
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
when does his contract expire?.... I tried looking for it on the spurs site but its not listed

You need him don't you?

Until he does retire you will just have to go without another ring

Blue Jew
03-26-2009, 02:10 PM
when does his contract expire?....

When Mary Kay goes out of business.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
You need him don't you?

Until he does retire you will just have to go without another ring

HUH!!?? what the fuck are you talking about..... the lakers doesnt need pop

Laker Lanny
03-26-2009, 02:46 PM
HUH!!?? what the fuck are you talking about..... the lakers doesnt need pop

The Lakers need Pop like Manu needs another bald spot!

VI_Massive
03-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I just hope they don't hire Avery Johnson to be the coach when Pop's gone.

Brutalis
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Popovich, who took over on the Spurs' bench 18 games into the 1996-97 campaign, has spent each of his 13 seasons as a head coach with the team. He is under contract through the end of the 2011-12 season, not coincidentally expiring at the same time as Tim Duncan's latest deal.

From mysa.com

If both retire then which is highly likely, I expect a monumental breakdown within Spurstalk nation.

scanry
03-26-2009, 03:22 PM

Exactly.. I'm not too high on Avery in the first place. Bud deserves and will probably take over when Pop retires.

He'll isolate the team and i don't think this team thinks too high of him in the first place. People like Tim, Manu, Tony and Mason can tolerate Pop because he has built that system. Avery on the other hand just wants to copy everything Pop has done this past decade.

Dallas is a perfect example, he tried turning

Dirk into a Tim which obviously failed.
Devin into a Tony and that backfired.
Dampier into a Tim :lol

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't understand all the hate on the Little General. Made it to the playoffs all three years he coached the Mavs. Took them to their first NBA Finals. Let's face it. It wasn't Avery that choked, it was the players. Avery wouldn't be a bad coach.

VI_Massive
03-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't understand all the hate on the Little General. Made it to the playoffs all three years he coached the Mavs. Took them to their first NBA Finals. Let's face it. It wasn't Avery that choked, it was the players. Avery wouldn't be a bad coach.

too much of a control freak. needs to relax. maybe that will come with age/experience.

senorglory
03-26-2009, 04:41 PM

Could make the argument that Avery didn't build that Dallas system, didn't develop those players, was plugged into a winning team, and couldn't help but succeed.

Players sure tuned him out quick. Owner lost confidence quick.

superbigtime
03-26-2009, 04:49 PM

I wouldn't be able to stand him. I think there would be a respect issue between him and players. And the rest of the league isn't exactly impressed with hiim either I have a feeling. I would rather have Sean Elliott.