PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd and Rasheed Wallace to the Lakers

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Just a suggestion and im thinking they should be either be 1 year or 2 year deals the lakers can offer it to them this summer and the only way to do it is....

trevor ariza must sign at a maximum of 3 million dollars
LO must take a pay cut of 9 million dolars making his pay at 5 mil

sign sheed and kidd at 5 mill a year for 1 year.

this is assuming kobe doesnt opt out for less

crc21209
03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Sounds like you want another Kobe, Shaq, GP, Malone scenario.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:22 PM
OH I LEFT OUT

reason why they will leave their teams:

The Lakers will murder Dallas in the first round and Kidd (ringless) would like to go to a real contender

Sheed is hampered by injuries and slowing down and the lakers need a B/U center/forward so we can use him off the bench or starting if we dont sign Odom

Bob Lanier
03-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Because what the Lakers need most is another bricklaying guard who chokes in the playoffs.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Sounds like you want another Kobe, Shaq, GP, Malone scenario.

I dont see Shaq in this scenario..... we dont have a dominant big man.... gasol is consisntent but not dominanat and bynum is above average at best sheed can fill the void when these guys are hurt....

main thing is to keep trevor

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Because what the Lakers need most is another bricklaying guard who chokes in the playoffs.

we have enough scorers.... we dont need Kidd to shoot the ball he just needs to defend and dish the ball.... he can shoot if necessary

dirk4mvp
03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Because what the Lakers need most is one of the better pg's in histroy and would be a vast upgrade to the shitpiles they have at pg now

monosylab1k
03-26-2009, 02:25 PM

Apparently shooting 40% from 3 is bricklaying.

sribb43
03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Just a suggestion and im thinking they should be either be 1 year or 2 year deals the lakers can offer it to them this summer and the only way to do it is....

trevor ariza must sign at a maximum of 3 million dollars
LO must take a pay cut of 9 million dolars making his pay at 5 mil

sign sheed and kidd at 5 mill a year for 1 year.

this is assuming kobe doesnt opt out for less

I guarntee you that aint happening...you think Ariza is going to give the Lakers a discount when he is most likely gonna receive his biggest contract of his career. As for LO, he is to selfish to take one for the team. He wants to start and he isnt going to take less money and sit on the bench

sribb43
03-26-2009, 02:26 PM
because what the lakers need most is another bricklaying guard who chokes in the playoffs.

fail

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
uhhh ya i guess so... I see he is doing wonders to your team.....

and just to think you guys gave up steve nash and devin harris.... :lmao

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I guarntee you that aint happening...you think Ariza is going to give the Lakers a discount when he is most likely gonna receive his biggest contract of his career. As for LO, he is to selfish to take one for the team. He wants to start and he isnt going to take less money and sit on the bench

LO is starting right now and Ariza will only have to play for one year at 3 million so we can give him a max contract in 2011.......

we can offer him a 36 million dollar contract if we dont sign LO and sign rasheed instead

Shank
03-26-2009, 02:37 PM
The Lakers will murder Dallas in the first round and Kidd (ringless) would like to go to a real contender

If he wants to go to a real contender, why would he choose the Lakers? What have they done of recent note? He'd go play with his buddy LeBron in Cleveland if not in Dallas.

sribb43
03-26-2009, 02:38 PM
LO is starting right now and Ariza will only have to play for one year at 3 million so we can give him a max contract in 2011.......

we can offer him a 36 million dollar contract if we dont sign LO and sign rasheed instead

you are going to offer Ariza a max contract?:lmao

sribb43
03-26-2009, 02:49 PM
LO is far from seflish. He took one for the team during his contract year by going to the bench. Kobe is the fucker Im worried about. He may opt out and really screw the Lakers. Ariza wont get a big contract offer in this current market. Even if he leaves, guys like him are a dime a dozen, just like when Turiaf left, Josh came in and is doing better than Turiaf.

Kidd is going to bust his balls trying to come in and play for the Lakers next season, and I see Rasheed playing for a team like the Spurs, but they might not want to pay him. Sheed is not quite at that vet min level yet i his career, but Kidd is.

Suns wont make the playoffs, and Shaq will do Kerr a favor and opt out of his contract and he will try to weazel his way back to LA or Orlando. Wherever he goes, Grant Hill is following.

LO is gone after this season, Lakers just cant afford him. They wont miss him.

So Lakers are going to sign Shaq, Sheed, Kidd and Hill this offseason?

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:50 PM
you are going to offer Ariza a max contract?:lmao

no i said we can offer him a max contract i dont think it will happen.... but if the lakers win the title this year most likely he will stay comitted with the team

sribb43
03-26-2009, 02:52 PM
no i said we can offer him a max contract i dont think it will happen.... but if the lakers win the title this year most likely he will stay comitted with the team

not necessarily, see James Posey last season...

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:53 PM
So Lakers are going to sign Shaq, Sheed, Kidd and Hill this offseason?

shaq will not finish his career with the lakers

sheed and kidd might.... i definately see these 2 with the lakers next season

IronMexican
03-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Kidd isn't a triangle PG. Imagine if the Lakers traded for him back in 2007? Kobe rivals the GM skills of Jordan and Isiah Thomas.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:55 PM
not necessarily, see James Posey last season...

James is a role player Boston didnt want to match the contract NO had set for him.... so they let him walk....

Ariza is a starter and one of our consistent defenders... he is lakers priority #1 this off season

Ditty
03-26-2009, 02:56 PM
you can get them while we snatch ariza from yall

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:56 PM
LO is far from seflish. He took one for the team during his contract year by going to the bench. Kobe is the fucker Im worried about. He may opt out and really screw the Lakers. Ariza wont get a big contract offer in this current market. Even if he leaves, guys like him are a dime a dozen, just like when Turiaf left, Josh came in and is doing better than Turiaf.

Kidd is going to bust his balls trying to come in and play for the Lakers next season, and I see Rasheed playing for a team like the Spurs, but they might not want to pay him. Sheed is not quite at that vet min level yet i his career, but Kidd is.

Suns wont make the playoffs, and Shaq will do Kerr a favor and opt out of his contract and he will try to weazel his way back to LA or Orlando. Wherever he goes, Grant Hill is following.

LO is gone after this season, Lakers just cant afford him. They wont miss him.

Ariza is not a dime a dozen guy!!!!

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 02:58 PM
you can get them while we snatch ariza from yall

Ariza is Lakers #1 priority NO way in hell the lakers will let him go to the SPurs so they can win another title..... you guys are all manufied live with it now

IronMexican
03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Man, I'd love Hill on this team. Remember back in Summer 07, Phil told Grant Hill to "call him" and Hill never did, because there was all that drama about Kobe being traded. I doubt the Lakers trade for Ariza that November if Hill was here though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Are you dyslexic? Nothing in my post said the Lakers were signing Sheed or Kidd. I doubt Shaq is accepted back by Kobe, or Buss either. Kidd has always wanted to be a Laker and Shaq obviously wants to come back and retire a Laker. Shaq mentioned that he and Grant Hill might go back and work in the front office of the Magic, but if he can come play in LA for two more seasons, he would prefer that, and Hill is in his back pocket.

Sucks to see opposing fans of the Lakers huh. Seeing us with all these options must be a bitch. Im just saying...

As hard as it would be to watch him in LA, I'd love to see Hill go to a team that will return the favor he did for them by taking a pay cut and playing hard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
The only reason Hill might come back to Phoenix is his wife loves it out here (warm weather I guess but other cities are warm), and Hill is smart enough to know you keep women like her happy.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Man, I'd love Hill on this team. Remember back in Summer 07, Phil told Grant Hill to "call him" and Hill never did, because there was all that drama about Kobe being traded. I doubt the Lakers trade for Ariza that November if Hill was here though.

NO TO GRANT HILL

YES TO ARIZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v6OIFNme6w&feature=related

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:08 PM
If I had the time I would go through every single team in the league and show you an Ariza type player.

not every player can play with Kobe........ HUGE DIFFERENCE

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:09 PM
They have a nice home out there, but LA has nice weather too. Plus she might get the chance to jumpstart her career in LA. Hill is a class act.

hill is soft injury proned and done.... let the man live out his days

IronMexican
03-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I'd nut myself if Shaqtus was back. They should meet the Blazers and cock tease them to a game 7 in the WCF, and have another alley from Kobe to Shaq.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:12 PM
hill is soft injury proned and done.... let the man live out his days

God you're a special type of stupid....make fun of plenty of Suns players all you want (Nash, Amare) but that's just retarded.

There's one player on the Suns who hasn't missed a game all year.....take a wild guess who it is moron.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd nut myself if Shaqtus was back. They should meet the Blazers and cock tease them to a game 7 in the WCF, and have another alley from Kobe to Shaq.

:sleep

its been done....

shaq to the lakers would mean every spur, rockets, mavs, hornets, jazz , celtic, and blazers fans here would carry the "Kobe cant win without blah blah blah":rolleyes argument to the fucking grave

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:14 PM
god you're a special type of stupid....make fun of plenty of suns players all you want (nash, amare) but that's just retarded.

There's one player on the suns who hasn't missed a game all year? Take a wild guess who it is moron.

one fucking season doesnt equal career asshole!!!!!!!

if you are going to go by that anology then the whole "ballhog" "kobe doesnt get along with his teammates" "selfish" arguement you fucking morons pondered up should be put to an end

IronMexican
03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
I know it's been done. But still, this was probably my second best day ever behind the Raiders beating the Titants in the 2002 AFC Championship.

gmxgLx3k0do

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
:sleep

its been done....

shaq to the lakers would mean every spur, rockets, mavs, hornets, jazz , celtic, and blazers fans here would carry the "Kobe cant win without blah blah blah":rolleyes argument to the fucking grave

Are you a Lakers fan or a Kobe Bryant fan.......if you're a Lakers fan then you shouldn't care who's on the team if LA wins it all.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
one fucking season doesnt equal career asshole!!!!!!!

Yeah, and one injury that was mis-diagnosed doesn't equal a whole career either asshole!!!!!!!!!

Grant Hill is not injury prone at all, and there isn't a single team in the NBA that would be smart by not wanting him.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Are you a Lakers fan or a Kobe Bryant fan.......if you're a Lakers fan then you shouldn't care who's on the team if LA wins it all.

im lakers fan.... is it wrong to be a fan of both? however....also i think ariza is a better defender than hill, younger and more athletic at this point.... and he is balling it up right now

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, and one injury that was mis-diagnosed doesn't equal a whole career either asshole!!!!!!!!!

Grant Hill is not injury prone at all, and there isn't a single team in the NBA that would be smart by not wanting him.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! an injury is an injury.... that still has lingering effect on the body..... i.e Chris Mihm....

fuck if your that all man love on hill!!!!!.... you shouldnt mind if the suns keep him then

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Lakers fans treating the Suns team like a yard sale in downtown LA...:lol

Sarver treats the team like a yard sale (KT, Rondo, Joe Johnson, Rudy Fernandez)

sribb43
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Sarver treats the team like a yard sale (KT, Rondo, Joe Johnson, Rudy Fernandez)

trading away Rondo when a backup PG was sorely needed was beyond dumb

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
fuck if your that all man love on hill!!!!!.... you shouldnt mind if the suns keep him then

I want Hill to win it all. I'm tired of the Nash-Amare ass clown festival screwing over people who want to win games, not have fun.

I reacted that way because if you've been paying attention the last two seasons you'll know Hill is finally healthy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
trading away Rondo when a backup PG was sorely needed was beyond dumb

Not nearly as dumb as trading the one reason you weren't swept by the Spurs in 2007.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 03:34 PM
I want Hill to win it all. I'm tired of the Nash-Amare ass clown festival screwing over people who want to win games, not have fun.

I reacted that way because if you've been paying attention the last two seasons you'll know Hill is finally healthy.

I have been watching hill....AND

I respect Hill healthy or not.... but he is still a liability considering his age. he is not as strong as he use to be and not as good of a defender as he use to be.

IMO letting Ariza walk for grant hill is risky. Ariza 2 Kobe works..... and I think we should keep that instead of getting a player for the sake of him winning a ring

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, the Suns were close to getting that title. The league scrwed them that one year and its going to be tough from here on out.

The players and the fans dwelling on the 2007 incident has more or less pissed away the last 2 years....as long as they have Amare and Nash bringing this "I'm the victim feel bad for me" attitude to the team, it won't be tough, it will be impossible.

ducks
03-26-2009, 03:48 PM
ariza will want to get paid
this will be his first real money deal
young players do not sign less to begin with

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Lakaluva, unless Shaq gets bought out (unlikely), they'll have to wait another year for him. You alluded to this earlier but GHill makes so much sense for them because he's PJ's dream SF. Moves without the ball, cuts extremely well, great floor vision, makes a good entry pass and can play the two man game with big men. Most importantly he'll do whatever the coach says and is smart.

aka_USAPA
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't think the Lakers need Kidd although I wouldn't mind Sheed off the bench. Eitherway, if the Lakers win, I don't think they will have trouble attracting help. With health, experience and perhaps additional help, the Lakers will even be better next year. Scary, if you ask me.

Another intriguing prospect is Shannon Brown. If he can work on his jumper, mid-range and 3-point shot this summer, he's a very physical, athletic, young guard who is hungry. @ 6'4, he is the kind of big guard Jackson likes...

Got to love it... the Lakers are getting better and still very young while the likes of the Spurs, Pistons, Rockets, Mavs, are getting old, have lots of mileage/injury prone, possibly looking at rebuilding, lost, and not as good. :lol:lol:lol:lol

Bob Lanier
03-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Apparently shooting 40% from 3 is bricklaying.
I wonder how many layups he has to miss to compensate for that.

JamStone
03-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I think Rasheed would be a nice fit on the Lakers and in the triangle, and certainly defensively.

The one thing about Rasheed, though, is that he always struck me as the type of guy that would rather play "against" a "darling" team like the Lakers than play "for" them. For example, if the three teams that went after Rasheed were the Lakers, Cavaliers, and Knicks and he narrowed it down to those three as the best situations for him, I think he'd go to the Knicks. But, that's just what I think based on his personality. He likes to prove people wrong. He fits more of an underdog type of personality to me.

If he leaves Detroit, which is still likely, I think the places he's most likely to go is Philadelphia, San Antonio, and Orlando.

sonic21
03-26-2009, 06:26 PM
sheed wants to play in SA, he wanted the pistons to trade him to the spurs, he'll be a spurs next year.

Lakers999
03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
sheed wants to play in sa, he wanted the pistons to trade him to the spurs, he'll be a spurs next year.

fuck that shit!!!! I hope the lakers cock block that deal so bad that the spurs will be in free agency hell

DrHouse
03-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Honestly I don't see the Lakers making any of those moves.

They will overpay for Ariza and resign LO in the offseason. The only move I see them making is possibly trading Farmar for a Fisher replacement.

iggypop123
03-27-2009, 01:54 PM
lakers will keep both players but sheed and kidd signing for less in an economic time like this is never happening. they want to win a title but they are greedy as well they wont play for free. they might try to beg for more than the MLE

Spur-Addict
03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
The delusional thread.