PDA

View Full Version : RangersTalk 2009 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

monosylab1k
03-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Realistically, what do we see out of our beloved Rangers?

There's still too many "ifs" to be overly confident, but if Elvis Andrus pans out, if Chris Davis keeps hitting the way he did last year, if Kinsler can play a full season, if Hamilton doesn't wear himself out at the Home Run Derby, and if the pitching staff stays reasonably healthy.....I see anywhere from 83-89 wins this season, possibly a WC spot or maybe maybe maybe we can take the AL West.

But this team is still a year or two away from being real contenders.

Melmart1
03-27-2009, 12:23 AM
I honestly don't know what to think of the team this year. They could surprise and give the Angels a run for their money, or they could just be mediocre like last year and finish a distant 2nd. But I am excited to see the new guys play, by Septemeber I think we will see a healthy amount of really high-cieling farmhands being called up. Should be interesting.

yavozerb
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
The rangers are headed in the in the right direction but this will not be the year..I expect 75-80 wins and as already mentioned, alot of prospects will make debuts for the rangers in the 2nd half. I am looking forward to 2010 rangers with alot of lousy contracts coming off the books, present young rangers havng another year under their belt, and one of the best farm systems plugging holes..

Chris
03-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Supposedly we have the best farm team in baseball so at least we can look forward to that. Still no major improvements to the pitching staff so I wouldn't expect anything but the same old shit from this team.

sribb43
03-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Too many people are suckin' the A's nuts...I expect the Rangers to be slighty better this season. Look for Holland to come up mid-season and Feliz in September. The key to this season is not getting off to a terrible start like the past few years. Realisticly though this team will compete for the divison crown starting in 2010 and for many years after that. It wont be very long before all the bandwagoners will jump back on.....

Melmart1
03-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Supposedly we have the best farm team in baseball so at least we can look forward to that. Still no major improvements to the pitching staff so I wouldn't expect anything but the same old shit from this team.

Actually, the major addition to the pitching staff is health. If they can hang on to that, I expect a record above .500. Maybe only slightly above, but it would still be better than last year and something to build on for next year.

pkbpkb81
03-27-2009, 06:05 PM
this year will be like the drays of two years ago no real threat but lots of promis

are they on the radio here is satx

Chris
03-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Actually, the major addition to the pitching staff is health. If they can hang on to that, I expect a record above .500. Maybe only slightly above, but it would still be better than last year and something to build on for next year.

I'm really hoping Hurley pans out. But yeah... Millwood and Padilla need to stay healthy for us to have any chance at a winning record.

Melmart1
03-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm really hoping Hurley pans out. But yeah... Millwood and Padilla need to stay healthy for us to have any chance at a winning record.

We won't know about Hurley until next season, he had a torn rotator cuff in the offseason and will miss all of 2009. In terms of health, I was talking about the staff in spring training who, for the most part, have been very healthy. A little soreness here and there and one blister, but other than that the rotation has held up. Should be Millwood/Padilla/McCarthy/Harrison and either Feldman or Benson in slot 5.

FromWayDowntown
03-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Everyone seems to think that Davis is going to rake.

As someone who has Davis on his fantasy club, I hope they're all right.

Melmart1
03-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Everyone seems to think that Davis is going to rake.

As someone who has Davis on his fantasy club, I hope they're all right.

He was my next pick that same round before you took him. :ihit

Yeah, I think he is gonna rake. He was awesome during the playoff last year for me, really helped me dominate. :downspin:

Chris
03-28-2009, 12:37 AM
We won't know about Hurley until next season, he had a torn rotator cuff in the offseason and will miss all of 2009. In terms of health, I was talking about the staff in spring training who, for the most part, have been very healthy. A little soreness here and there and one blister, but other than that the rotation has held up. Should be Millwood/Padilla/McCarthy/Harrison and either Feldman or Benson in slot 5.

That's a shame, I wasn't aware of that. With Loe in Japan now I think the 5 slot is up for grabs. I haven't seen enough of Feldman or Benson to know better though. Might be worth it to test the free agency for a possible gem.

I'm all for moving Young back to SS and Metcalf at 3B. Am I the only one who thinks this experiment with Young at 3B and a virtual rookie at SS is a disaster waiting to happen? Having one of the best short stops of all time as a back up is nice, but Elvis hasn't proved anything yet. I don't think Andruw Jones is going to make the team but they took Sosa, so who knows.

Melmart1
03-28-2009, 02:02 AM
That's a shame, I wasn't aware of that. With Loe in Japan now I think the 5 slot is up for grabs. I haven't seen enough of Feldman or Benson to know better though. Might be worth it to test the free agency for a possible gem.

I'm all for moving Young back to SS and Metcalf at 3B. Am I the only one who thinks this experiment with Young at 3B and a virtual rookie at SS is a disaster waiting to happen? Having one of the best short stops of all time as a back up is nice, but Elvis hasn't proved anything yet. I don't think Andruw Jones is going to make the team but they took Sosa, so who knows.

Are you saying that Young is one of the best SS's of all time? :lmao Please tell me that is not what you meant.

Chris
03-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Are you saying that Young is one of the best SS's of all time? :lmao Please tell me that is not what you meant.

I'm talking about Omar Vizquel silly :rolleyes

whottt
03-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Last year my estimate of the impact of Nolan Ryan was early...this year it isn't. This year we will see his impact on the pitching staff. This year he is pro-active and is working the younger pitchers and giving them tips.

I know this sounds like an over-estimation of Ryan's abilities, but you know how they say the great ones can't explain how they do it? They can't teach it?

Nolan can...if they've got the stuff, he can show them what to do with it. And it's not that hard to see why...he turned himself from a typical hard thrower into the a pitcher that lasted 27 season. Yeah he never turned into Greg Maddux in the control dept, but he did improve exponentially in that area and he learned how to pitch. He's a power pitcher t hat made the journey, it's a very difficult journey, and the advice of one of the few to have made it cannot be understated.

He spent a few minutes with Randy Johnson and turned Johnson's career around...Bobby Witt was a typical wild thrower then got some tutelage from Nolan and made the jump from tons of potential to having an amazing season(before blowing his arm out)..

It's all about the pitching with the Rangers, and it's going to be good with Nolan running the show. He'll get the most out of the power pitchers by showing them the things it would normally takes years for them to learn themselves, if ever. And they'll listen to him.

And he wants to win...he still wants that because he didn't get enough of it as a player.

We'll win the AL West this year.

whottt
03-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Oh yeah...one other thing that I am truly amazed no one ever notices....the Rangers have been around basically for 37 years...they've worn white with blue as the primary color for 31 of those 37 years...

They have not made a single playoff appearance in the 31 years blue has been the primary color.

They've worn white uniforms with Red as the primary color for 6 of those 37 years. In that time, in those 6 years, they've either made the playoffs or finished the season leading the division 4 times, including the very first year they wore them, and the last.

Welcome back Red Unis...even if it's only part time.

The pitching and the Uniform color are the important stuff...the hitting is not.

whottt
03-28-2009, 06:45 AM
I think Jones and Vizquel have a lot to offer the team even if it isn't as every day players...and that park'll be good for their hitting too. I'm not crazy about Young at 3rd...but he made the transition from second to short pretty effectively.

Andruuw Jones is only like 31-32 years old or something...he's still got some baseball left in him I think. Ought to have one good season left if nothing else.

Melmart1
03-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm talking about Omar Vizquel silly :rolleyes

Haha, sorry I misinterpreted what you said.

I am all for the move of Young to 3b. The reason is that sooner or later, Andrus is going to be ready for big league service. He is unproven, sure but so is the entire farm system, you gotta take a chance sometime. Here is the thing ... I would rather Andrus get his learning curve in 2009 when the team isn't expected to compete rather than in 2010, when the team is supposed to compete.

Melmart1
03-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Oh yeah...one other thing that I am truly amazed no one ever notices....the Rangers have been around basically for 37 years...they've worn white with blue as the primary color for 31 of those 37 years...

They have not made a single playoff appearance in the 31 years blue has been the primary color.

They've worn white uniforms with Red as the primary color for 6 of those 37 years. In that time, in those 6 years, they've either made the playoffs or finished the season leading the division 4 times, including the very first year they wore them, and the last.

Welcome back Red Unis...even if it's only part time.

The pitching and the Uniform color are the important stuff...the hitting is not.

The AL West already has players who wear red, the Angels. I don't want us looking like those motherfuckers!!!! I can't stand this correlation between uni colors and winning ... cus if the fucking color of a jersey is what you are hanging your hopes on as a Rangers fan, then you should just turn in your fan card now. Seriously, it is stupid as hell. There are dozens of reasons why the Rangers didn't compete in those 30+ years and not one of them had to do with the color of their fucking batting helmets. :bang

Melmart1
03-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh, and another thing ... can I just say how much I HATE the fact that Jones is likely to make this team? He is going to take at-bats away from guys like Boggs and Cruz who need them. It is make or break time, especially for Cruz, who is out of options. We need to situate him in the OF instead of giving up some of his playing time to ageing veterans who are broken. Enough with the reclamation projects! We have enough of those on the pitching staff. We need to start getting the kids ready to compete, not relegating them to the bench in favor of one season of a guy who does not figure into the long-term plans.

dallaskd
03-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I think we can push the angels for the division. I think that's our only shot at the playoffs because an AL East team will grab the WC. I say 80-85 wins if the pitching is good and stays healthy. This team is an exciting one. I can't wait to go out to the re-done ballpark and see what they can do.

IronMexican
03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I'll be rooting for the Rangers to win the West.

Chris
03-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh, and another thing ... can I just say how much I HATE the fact that Jones is likely to make this team? He is going to take at-bats away from guys like Boggs and Cruz who need them. It is make or break time, especially for Cruz, who is out of options. We need to situate him in the OF instead of giving up some of his playing time to ageing veterans who are broken. Enough with the reclamation projects! We have enough of those on the pitching staff. We need to start getting the kids ready to compete, not relegating them to the bench in favor of one season of a guy who does not figure into the long-term plans.

And someone slap that smirk off his face. He went 0-5 last night with multiple strikeouts and every time he has that shit eating grin on his face. I seriously doubt he will make this team unless he does something to dazzle the managers in the next week.

whottt
03-28-2009, 06:38 PM
The AL West already has players who wear red, the Angels. I don't want us looking like those motherfuckers!!!! I can't stand this correlation between uni colors and winning ... cus if the fucking color of a jersey is what you are hanging your hopes on as a Rangers fan, then you should just turn in your fan card now. Seriously, it is stupid as hell. There are dozens of reasons why the Rangers didn't compete in those 30+ years and not one of them had to do with the color of their fucking batting helmets. :bang

Unmitigated balderdash...superstition is as much a part of the game as shagging fly balls.

IT's real simple...

From 1972 to 1993 they wore blue...and were a clueless moribund franchise. No playoff appearances or division titles. Ton of second half fades.

From 1994 to 1999 they wore red and finished the season first in the division or won the wild card 4 times.

In 2000 they went back to blue and posted a losing record, returning basically the same team. In short, they again became a clueless moribund franchise, as they always had been previously in blue.

I think there's more than just superstition at play here...blue is a darker color than red and absorbs more heat...red is a more aggressive color.

There's your science if you need it...

Maybe that color making a hot place to play hotter has something to do with the Annual July and August fades.

Meanwhile I've got overwhelming evidence in a mere 6 years of the mojo of the red unies...while you've got nothing in 31 years of blue.

It's a fact that the Rangers do better in red. I don't even think they've ever had a losing record in red in a full season.

As for the Angels...yes they wear red, not that I really care...but they also are the perennial top team in the division...maybe there is a correlation?

Don't hate the color Mel...hate the team.

Melmart1
03-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't need a history lesson, I have been a fan for over 20 years and I am aware of the history with the colors.

I am also aware of the fact that despite three playoff appearances in red uniforms, they still only won ONE PLAYOFF GAME the entire time. If you are satisfied with that result, then fine. Let's go look like those effing Angels and get all the way to the playoffs only to get swept.

By this logic, let's just go ahead and start wearing purple. That is a mix of red and blue, maybe that is the magical combination of uniforms needed to not only make the playoffs but win a few games while we're there. Since according to you, the fact that the Rangers had a decent pitching staff and Juan Gonzalez and Pudge, et. al had absolutely nothing to do with their success during that time. It was all about the uniforms. I say, let's just switch the color up every year until we find one that is a winner. If purple doesn't work, I vote for burnt magenta next.

timvp
03-30-2009, 04:31 PM
:wow Melmart1 owned whottt so hardcore that I almost considered becoming a Rangers fan again.

pkbpkb81
03-30-2009, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=whottt;3236166]
From 1994 to 1999 they wore red and finished the season first in the division or won the wild card 4 times.

they never won a wild card, they won the divison in 96,98,99 in 94 they were in first place when the stike happened but never won the wild card

i did like the red better but dont really care or thank it matters

whottt
03-30-2009, 10:53 PM
:wow Melmart1 owned whottt so hardcore that I almost considered becoming a Rangers fan again.
Interesting...so when did you first jump on the bandwagon and when did you first jump off?

A shame you won't jump back on...because teams can always use additional bandwaggoners.

And Melmart hasn't owned anything except herself...standings don't lie, and I was a Ranger fan before she was even born. I've forgotten more about the Rangers than she will ever know....

The Blue Uniforms are cursed and she has jack evidence to prove otherwise, and the fact that she belittles superstition puts her at odds with about 90% of the players to ever play the game. It's the game most rooted in superstition of all the pro-sports. She'd probably talk to a guy throwing a no-hitter between innings.

whottt
03-30-2009, 10:59 PM
they never won a wild card, they won the divison in 96,98,99 in 94 they were in first place when the stike happened but never won the wild card

And it's relevant why? Does the difference in anyway change the point that everything they've accomplished in terms of divisional and post season success(sic) was done in the Red Uniforms, or are you just trying to prove how anal you are?

i did like the red better but dont really care or thank it matters

You can join Melmart in the line of people that don't understand what dark colors do to you in the Sun...there's your science if you want it.

Go look at people that work outdoors in the summer...see how many of them wear black or blue.

Besides...who wants to be the Dodgers anyway? At least the Angels haven't done shit outside of a world series win...so if the Rangers win one their colors will be ones they have a claim to...as opposed to the Doger Blues.

Jacob1983
03-31-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm just tired of the Rangers teasing their fans. They stay in it until the All Star break then completely implode and suck the rest of the season. If they are going to be in the hunt for the division or wild card, I want to see them at least be competitive until September.

whottt
03-31-2009, 02:24 AM
It's the blue jerseys..the fade always begins with the heat rising.

sribb43
03-31-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm just tired of the Rangers teasing their fans. They stay in it until the All Star break then completely implode and suck the rest of the season. If they are going to be in the hunt for the division or wild card, I want to see them at least be competitive until September.

the past few season the Rangers biggest problem is getting in huge holes in April. If this team could at least play .500 ball in April and not .300 ball they will be much better off. Last season this team was within few games of the wild card 2 weeks into August despite the awful pitching and ridiculous amount of injured pitchers. When Murphy and Kinsler got hurt the season turned for the worse.

Also, im not saying the Rangers pitchers are even considered average but as long as their not having to bring up guys from A-ball to start this season, like Tommy Hunter last year, the pitching will be better. Look, with this offense, the pitching doesnt even have to be good...it could be below average and this team will still win plenty of games. However the pitching cannot be good awful like last season.

IMO the Rangers are better than the A's whom everyone seems to be jumping on their bandwagon again....Rangers are still behind the Angels but the gap is closing. I dont expect a division title this year but I expect their to atleast be some heat put on the Angels as they wont coast to a 21 game victory in the AL West

Melmart1
03-31-2009, 01:15 PM
And Melmart hasn't owned anything except herself...standings don't lie, and I was a Ranger fan before she was even born. I've forgotten more about the Rangers than she will ever know....

Like I said, if winning the division to get swept in the playoffs = success, then I guess you and I have different definitions of success. By that standard, the Utah Jazz should go back to the uniforms they wore in the 1990s, when they looked great in the standings but never a world championship. I bet Kirilenko would look great in those short shorts.

The Blue Uniforms are cursed and she has jack evidence to prove otherwise, and the fact that she belittles superstition puts her at odds with about 90% of the players to ever play the game. It's the game most rooted in superstition of all the pro-sports. She'd probably talk to a guy throwing a no-hitter between innings.

Cursed? :lmao Is this like the Rangers version of the Curse of the Bambino? The Curse of the Bluniforms. You wanna know why I don't believe in this superstition? Because once again, winning the division to get swept means jack shit in terms of success. There can't be a superstition about winning if the superstitious item in question (red jersey) never won anything!

Oh, and let me just touch on the "science" of the blue uniforms for a minute. This might hold some water if the Rangers wore the blue unis everyday. But they don't. In fact, in the hottest months, you will often find them wearing white from head to toe:

http://tireball.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/capt_d2bf4d4956ac44bfb3306d58b6e34d55_royals_range rs_baseball_arl104.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44551000/jpg/_44551605_baseball_ap_466_300.jpg

And even a sleeveless white shirt that looks pretty damn thin and cool:

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/images/2003/12/04/Eodny2wk.jpg

In fact, out of four uniform choices each year, only one has a blue jersey, and it wasn't used very often in the hottest of months. The starting pitcher chooses which uniform they wear. So blame the pitcher, not the uniform.

Only in whottt worldd does playoff sweep=success and white uniforms in august=blame the blue uniforms. Next thing you know, he will be advocating putting horns on the front of the batting helmets, since unicorns are magical, just like red uniforms.

monosylab1k
03-31-2009, 02:08 PM
The Rangers really do need to think about playing in a dome though. The heat isn't a huge excuse, but it can't help.

Sucks because The Temple is the best thing about the Rangers.

Whisky Dog
03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Who are the best young pitchers in the Ranger's organization? And who can possibly help this season? Nefi Perez?

What ever happened to that Diamond kid the Rangers drafted a while back?

Melmart1
03-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Who are the best young pitchers in the Ranger's organization? And who can possibly help this season? Nefi Perez?

What ever happened to that Diamond kid the Rangers drafted a while back?

Neftali Feliz and Derek Holland could both be up by the All-Star break. They are pretty much ready and both have the potential to be total studs. Feliz can throw in the 100s when he is on, his heat is plain nasty.

As for Diamond, he spent parts of 2007 and 2008 recovering from TJ surgery. He is still in AAA and had a NRI but isn't going to make the team. He could be a good call up later if needed, though. But he hasn't quite gotten it together since coming back from the surgery.

Whisky Dog
03-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Neftali Feliz and Derek Holland could both be up by the All-Star break. They are pretty much ready and both have the potential to be total studs. Feliz can throw in the 100s when he is on, his heat is plain nasty.

As for Diamond, he spent parts of 2007 and 2008 recovering from TJ surgery. He is still in AAA and had a NRI but isn't going to make the team. He could be a good call up later if needed, though. But he hasn't quite gotten it together since coming back from the surgery.

Ah Feliz, don't know why I was thinking Perez. Hopefully his stuff is that nasty once his call up comes and the Rangers can stay relatively healthy. I think they are one stud ace and a couple of solid rotation guys away from having the talent to contend. Then it'll just be a matter of getting consistency and clutch performances.

Melmart1
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I hope Feliz and Holland at the very least pan out. You are right about what is missing from a good crack at contention. I think Feliz and Holland can be those pitchers, but it will be a tough learning curve. Just gotta have patience.

whottt
03-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Like I said, if winning the division to get swept in the playoffs = success, then I guess you and I have different definitions of success. By that standard, the Utah Jazz should go back to the uniforms they wore in the 1990s, when they looked great in the standings but never a world championship. I bet Kirilenko would look great in those short shorts.

Cursed? :lmao Is this like the Rangers version of the Curse of the Bambino? The Curse of the Bluniforms. You wanna know why I don't believe in this superstition? Because once again, winning the division to get swept means jack shit in terms of success. There can't be a superstition about winning if the superstitious item in question (red jersey) never won anything!

Oh, and let me just touch on the "science" of the blue uniforms for a minute. This might hold some water if the Rangers wore the blue unis everyday. But they don't. In fact, in the hottest months, you will often find them wearing white from head to toe:

http://tireball.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/capt_d2bf4d4956ac44bfb3306d58b6e34d55_royals_range rs_baseball_arl104.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44551000/jpg/_44551605_baseball_ap_466_300.jpg

And even a sleeveless white shirt that looks pretty damn thin and cool:

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/images/2003/12/04/Eodny2wk.jpg

In fact, out of four uniform choices each year, only one has a blue jersey, and it wasn't used very often in the hottest of months. The starting pitcher chooses which uniform they wear. So blame the pitcher, not the uniform.

Only in whottt worldd does playoff sweep=success and white uniforms in august=blame the blue uniforms. Next thing you know, he will be advocating putting horns on the front of the batting helmets, since unicorns are magical, just like red uniforms.

The hats are blue....and as a wise(and superstitious) man once said, 90% of the game is half mental. Part of the reason our teams sucks in August is because the players play like their brains are overheating...and they just might be.

Besides, it was Nolan that made the call on the Red Unis....he probably did it for marketing reasons, but he is above questioning by mere mortals.

And thirdly...yes, I consider making the playoffs to get swept a far superior result to not making them to not get swept...but I'm funny that way and tend to rate making the postseason above not making it. Silly me.

And finally...the Angels have worn blue too.

sribb43
03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Rangers should go back to the powder blue's

http://static.baseballtoaster.com/blogs/u/cardboardgods/2007/628/0001/Bert_Blyleven_77_1080.jpg

Melmart1
04-01-2009, 04:06 AM
The hats are blue....and as a wise(and superstitious) man once said, 90% of the game is half mental. Part of the reason our teams sucks in August is because the players play like their brains are overheating...and they just might be.

So now it's the hats! I swear, if I were to disprove the hat theory, then you would blame the socks -- "well, the stirrups are blue, and the Rangers play like their feet are overheating, so it's still the blue's fault."

Besides, it was Nolan that made the call on the Red Unis....he probably did it for marketing reasons, but he is above questioning by mere mortals.

Ahhh, the whottt special. Make up an arbitrary rule in order to discredit the person who he is arguing with. Nice try. Desperate, but nice.

And thirdly...yes, I consider making the playoffs to get swept a far superior result to not making them to not get swept...but I'm funny that way and tend to rate making the postseason above not making it. Silly me.

And finally...the Angels have worn blue too.

So because the Angels did it, we should too? If the Angels go and sign flukey players like Gary Matthews, Jr to an albatross $50 million contract, should the Rangers start doing that, as well?

And if simply making the postseason is a success in your eyes, then the red uniforms are a good idea. But the Rangers have never won a playoff series wearing red, so if the history that YOU are so fond of holds up, the Rangers really have just as good a chance of playoff success in blue as in red. Because ... and follow along with me, now ... the Rangers have had ZERO playoff success in red. The same as the blue.

Whisky Dog
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
In terms of colors, I think motivation to succeed should be incorporated into the color scheme. Here's my idea: every game the Rangers are not in 1st place the position players should be required to use the Mother's Day pink bats, the pitchers a bright pink glove, and pink hats for everybody. At least if they're going to play like puss's they can look like them too.

sribb43
04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
God loves Josh Hamliton and wants him to succeed and continue to spread his message....what bigger stage is there than the World Series? therefore the Rangers will win the World Series this year :cheer

Jacob1983
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I just would like to see the Rangers at least finish with a winning record. They've only had a winning record once this decade. I think that was in 2004. 2004 was probably their best season in this decade.

pkbpkb81
04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
i was reading today that they move flederman to the bullpen and have benson in the rotaion. I like that move if they do it

i cant wait for the first game

whottt
04-01-2009, 10:23 PM
So now it's the hats!

Obviously the hats were always included. As were the jerseys, as were the undershirts...Red is aggressive blue is passive, already said all this stuff or at least alluded to do it, before you ever even chimed in with your opinion.

I swear, if I were to disprove the hat theory, then you would blame the socks -- "well, the stirrups are blue, and the Rangers play like their feet are overheating, so it's still the blue's fault."

Well darlin' I don't know...why don't you actually disprove something and we'll see? There's no way to know until you actually do so.

Historically speaking(of the Rangers)
Red = post season
Blue = not.

By all means...disprove away.

Ahhh, the whottt special. Make up an arbitrary rule in order to discredit the person who he is arguing with. Nice try. Desperate, but nice.

What's arbritrary about it...Nolan is the guy behind it. He knows more about baseball than either one of us.

So because the Angels did it, we should too?

You are the one saying that...you are the one wanting us to wear blue, just like the Angels, and the Dodgers and the BlueJays etc.

If the Angels go and sign flukey players like Gary Matthews, Jr to an albatross $50 million contract, should the Rangers start doing that, as well?

Probably not. Anything provably stupid that the Angels have done, the Rangers shouldn't do if they know it's stupid. Unfortunately for you, wearing red has nothing to do with that, at least at the factual level. Factually speaking, they do better in red and the impetus behind wearing that color has nothing to do with the Angels.

And if simply making the postseason is a success in your eyes, then the red uniforms are a good idea.

Agree...and if not making the post season at all is a success in your eyes, then the blue uniforms are a good idea :tu

But the Rangers have never won a playoff series wearing red,

And they've never made the playoffs in blue.

so if the history that YOU are so fond of holds up, the Rangers really have just as good a chance of playoff success in blue as in red. Because ... and follow along with me, now ... the Rangers have had ZERO playoff success in red. The same as the blue.

At least the Rangers get the chance to lose in the post season in Red...as opposed to not doing squat in blue.

And to be fair...it's only the Yankees that have beaten them in red, and all 3 times the Yanks went on to win the World Series, 2 times via sweep and in fact, 2 of those series the Rangers did better against the Yankees than the eventual World Series losers did.

So basically they've been beaten by the eventual champs in red...in the playoffs, and no one else.

sribb43
04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
i was reading today that they move flederman to the bullpen and have benson in the rotaion. I like that move if they do it

i cant wait for the first game

Yep, it gives them 2 guys in the pen that can pitch for multiple innings in Feldman and Jennings. Also gives them 2 extra starters so they dont have to go into the minors like last season if a starter gets hurt

Jacob1983
04-02-2009, 01:59 AM
The red jerseys were ugly. The blue ones are way better in my opinion.

whottt
04-02-2009, 02:38 AM
30 years of mediocrity can never be better.

G-Nob
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm about sick n tired of this MF'er...

http://www.finalternatives.com/node/7478

sribb43
04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview09/team?team=tex

You mean to tell me the Rangers are the 6th worst team in the MLB according to these idiots...and Rob Neyer is an idiot saying TX will finish 4th in the division, he also has the Mariners as the 15th best team in the MLB :lol

I'm getting so sick of all the A's love...the lineup of Giambi, Chavez, Nomar and Caberra would have been good about 8 years ago

ESPN Preseason Ranger rankings:

Stark
No. 24 overall
(3rd in AL West)

Kurkjian
No. 24 overall
(3rd in AL West)

Olney
No. 19 overall
(3rd in AL West)

Neyer
No. 23 overall
(4th in AL West)

Caple
No. 16 overall
(3rd in AL West)

Melmart1
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I would honestly be surprised if the Rangers finished lower than 2nd. The Angels have their best pitching on the DL, if they stumble out of the gate they might be in some trouble later on down the line.

As for the A's, their pitching staff is one question mark after another. Their best pitcher (Duchscherer) is constantly injured. And the Mariners are ... well, the Mariners. They will miss Ibanez a lot.

sribb43
04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
I would honestly be surprised if the Rangers finished lower than 2nd. The Angels have their best pitching on the DL, if they stumble out of the gate they might be in some trouble later on down the line.

As for the A's, their pitching staff is one question mark after another. Their best pitcher (Duchscherer) is constantly injured. And the Mariners are ... well, the Mariners. They will miss Ibanez a lot.

Well the Mariners signed Griffey and it got some writers pants wet bc i guess they think there getting the 90's Griffey

traitoravery
04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Go Rangers!!! Im all shook up!!!

Whisky Dog
04-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Good start for opening day, nice production from the bottom of the lineup and Elvis has a double and a couple of double plays turned. They may go 1-0 if the bullpen performs.

BUMP
04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
really nice win today:downspin:

Melmart1
04-06-2009, 03:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Hellowincolumn.ESB.jpg

pkbpkb81
04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
whottt they did it today in the red i guess you were right

dallaskd
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
That was awesome. I'll be there Thursday.

monosylab1k
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM
162-0

sribb43
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
2009 AL West Championship...here we come

you cant fuck with the Rangers offense.....just give me below average pitching and this divison is ours

monosylab1k
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
2009 AL West Championship...here we come

you cant fuck with the Rangers offense.....just give me below average pitching and this divison is ours

If Blalock & Salty are consistent all season long, this is by far the best offense in the majors. Two huge ifs though.

Chris
04-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Someone on the MLB network said it will take about 100 games until Young is acclimated to third base. Always nice to have Blalock just in case.

monosylab1k
04-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Norm Hitzges brought up today how successful the Teixeira trade looks right now. We've got our starting SS for the next 10-15 years (Elvis), our starting C for the forseeable future (Salty), and a solid starting pitcher in Harrison. And in a year or two Feliz will be here to dominate baseball.

Obviously we still don't know for sure if those guys will live up to the hype yet, but if they do.....we got ourselves 4 solid major leaguers in exchange for a chemistry killing, sourpuss stat padder. That almost makes up for the Chris Young/Adrian Gonzalez trade.

Melmart1
04-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Norm Hitzges brought up today how successful the Teixeira trade looks right now. We've got our starting SS for the next 10-15 years (Elvis), our starting C for the forseeable future (Salty), and a solid starting pitcher in Harrison. And in a year or two Feliz will be here to dominate baseball.

Obviously we still don't know for sure if those guys will live up to the hype yet, but if they do.....we got ourselves 4 solid major leaguers in exchange for a chemistry killing, sourpuss stat padder. That almost makes up for the Chris Young/Adrian Gonzalez trade.

Feliz will be up this season. I would be absolutely shocked if he and Holland were not up by summer's end. Neither of them may dominate right off the bat, but it won't take a year or two, either.

sribb43
04-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Feliz will be up this season. I would be absolutely shocked if he and Holland were not up by summer's end. Neither of them may dominate right off the bat, but it won't take a year or two, either.

ya both guys are starting out in AAA...IMO Holland will be up first and Feliz will follow. You know McCarthy will get injured at somepoint and Benson will start sucking. I read somewhere that starting these guys out in the pen first might be the best thing to get there feet wet instead of throwing them out to the wolves.....

Chris
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Game @ 6:30 pm tonight on FSSW folks! Ill be flipping back and forth between the Spurs vs. Trailblazers.

Chris
04-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Crap, it's Astros vs. Cubs on FSSW :depressed

Whisky Dog
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
2nd verse, same as the 1st.

Melmart1
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Crap, it's Astros vs. Cubs on FSSW :depressed

They usually have it on the alternate channel, which is 50 for Time Warner. It isn't on though :depressed

I am going to call them tomorrow and ask if they know when the Rangers games will be on the alternate channel. I doubt anyone will be able to help but you never know ...

Chris
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
They usually have it on the alternate channel, which is 50 for Time Warner. It isn't on though :depressed

I am going to call them tomorrow and ask if they know when the Rangers games will be on the alternate channel. I doubt anyone will be able to help but you never know ...

They advertised here in Fredericksburg all week for the Rangers game too. I hope this isn't going to be the trend for the rest of the year.

Melmart1
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
They advertised here in Fredericksburg all week for the Rangers game too. I hope this isn't going to be the trend for the rest of the year.

If the Rangers and Astros play at the same time, they always default to the Astros. I am fine with that as long as they show it on the alternate channel, which is why I need to call and see if they are going to do that. I will be pissed if they don't, cus that is the only way I can really watch the games. MLB.tv blacks out Rangers games because of the TV market, which is bullshit for fans like us stuck in the middle. :bang

Whisky Dog
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
That sucks some of you can't get the games. They've looked good, Cruz with 2 HR, one a monster shot where only 15 people have ever put a ball up over the restaurant in left on the 2nd deck, and also a great catch in right. Elvis with a HR and a couple of high throws to 1st letting a man reach, but he was probably just jacked emotionally after the HR. The good sign was that he turned around on the very next batter and made a nice play and throw from the hole to get Everyday Eddie out of the inning with RISP. The team looks pretty cohesive, but that can be easy when you're raping a playoff team to start the season. Definitely interested to see how the bottom of the rotation does.

Whisky Dog
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Lol, Michael Young gave Elvis a perfect shaving cream pie in the face during the postgame interview.

Melmart1
04-08-2009, 10:47 PM
On Opening Day when Elvis got his first major league hit, they played "All Shook Up" haha. There were signs that said "Elvis is IN the building" and stuff like that. The fans seem to love him already.

Whisky Dog
04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
On Opening Day when Elvis got his first major league hit, they played "All Shook Up" haha. There were signs that said "Elvis is IN the building" and stuff like that. The fans seem to love him already.

Lol, they asked CJ what the difference is and he said "Red Hats".

On Elvis' HR Lewin just stopped himself short of saying Elvis has left the building.

Melmart1
04-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Lol, they asked CJ what the difference is and he said "Red Hats".

On Elvis' HR Lewin just stopped himself short of saying Elvis has left the building.

Yeah, Lewin said during Spring Training that he was gonna try and temper the obvious Elvis jokes but he is a big dork and I doubt he will be able to for very long. I just checked and since its a game day tomorrow, it looks like FSSW will air it. Yay! I'll be watching!

whottt
04-08-2009, 11:42 PM
lol, they asked cj what the difference is and he said "red hats".

mel-pwnt!

Melmart1
04-08-2009, 11:47 PM
You said uniforms, not hats. They wore their traditional white/blue uniforms today.

whottt
04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
You said uniforms, not hats. They wore their traditional white/blue uniforms today.

Whatever you say Mel :tu

Chris
04-09-2009, 02:06 AM
I just checked and since its a game day tomorrow, it looks like FSSW will air it

Best news in months.

manufor3
04-09-2009, 07:33 AM
theyre looking okay right now

sribb43
04-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Was at the game last night..Love the new ribbon panels and brick around the field. Nellie Cruz is a beast and CJ "Heart attack" Wilson still blows

Melmart1
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Is anyone watching? Five runs in the 1st. Dinger from the Byrdman.

Melmart1
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Pavano pulled after just 1.0 innings pitched, he is still responsible for two baserunners with no outs in the 2nd. GO RANGERS!!!

Chris
04-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Is anyone watching? Five runs in the 1st. Dinger from the Byrdman.

Yah, I just woke up to see Pavano get yanked with no outs in the second! This is awesome!

Whisky Dog
04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
On one hand I like pavano cause he ravaged and robbed the yanks, but it's a thing of beauty what the Rangers did to him today.

ATRAIN
04-09-2009, 02:24 PM
What the hell is up with Hamilton, he hasnt done shit yet!!

Melmart1
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
What the hell is up with Hamilton, he hasnt done shit yet!!

Him and Davis both seem to be slumping a bit. They are both way too good to not break out of it. Thankfully the rest of the offense is good enough to carry the team in the interim.

ATRAIN
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Him and Davis both seem to be slumping a bit. They are both way too good to not break out of it. Thankfully the rest of the offense is good enough to carry the team in the interim.

I hope for your teams sake that he isnt slumping just cause I have in in fantasy baseball. I was excited to get him this year but DAMMIT!! I am just glad I have Youk and Delgado for my RBI's and HR.

BUMP
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
i think this offense will be able to keep up their pace this year assuming we stay relatively healthy because the talent this year.

but just like every other year the real question is the pitching. the Indians just dont even look like they're ready for the season yet

ATRAIN
04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
i think this offense will be able to keep up their pace this year assuming we stay relatively healthy because the talent this year.

but just like every other year the real question is the pitching. the Indians just dont even look like they're ready for the season yet

Bump as an Astros fan we have always been opposites and I would always say if we could combine the teams we would have a championship team but this year I feel your pain. Other than Roy and Wandy I have a feeling that its going to be our offense keeping us in a games. If we can make it to our bullpen, I think we will be ok but Moehler didnt even make it past the 2nd inning yesterday!!!:bang

BUMP
04-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Kobayashi:lol

Chris
04-09-2009, 04:19 PM
3-0! Are we sold on Andruw Jones yet Mel?

monosylab1k
04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Still on pace for 162-0!

monosylab1k
04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Texas might be this year's Tampa Bay. By next season we'll be the new perennial powerhouse of the AL West. With all respect & condolences due to their tragedy, I still say the Angels can suck it.

Melmart1
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM
3-0! Are we sold on Andruw Jones yet Mel?

No. :lol

But he is a Ranger and I will gladly admit to being wrong if he can be consistently productive.

dallaskd
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I was at the game today. Great atmosphere and the park's new features are pretty sweet. I really hope Andruw Jones can have that type of game consistantly. I's rather have him at DH over Blalock if he can. Let up way to many homers today though...

dallaskd
04-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Those white uniforms are actually new this year.

sribb43
04-10-2009, 02:38 PM
It just blows to get shut down by Galarraga but who cares because we still have Jason Jennings :cheer. Great pitching performance today by the Rangers...this reminds me of the last time TX was in Detriot.

Send the Mad Dog back to the minors. guy gives up no hits in 1.2 IP yet manages to allow 4 runs :lol

http://thegrandnarrative.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/cabbage-patch.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3559/3321331097_26d53053e8.jpg

Whisky Dog
04-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Fvck CJ Wilson. Suck ass bitch.

traitoravery
04-12-2009, 02:44 PM
CJ is a BITCH!!! Ruined my easter!!!

sribb43
04-12-2009, 02:46 PM
FUCK CJ.....Even when the bitch is healthy he still sucks ass. I wonder what the players think everytime CJ takes the mound

and Wash is a fuckin idiot... why you bring a guy fresh out of the bullpen to throw the intentional walk....why not just let CJ throw the walk instead of Mad Dog?

sribb43
04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Still on pace for 162-0!

looks like 81-81 now..right were they should be. Probably worse bc there fuckin' bullpen is made up of a bunch of chunps

monosylab1k
04-13-2009, 04:17 PM
If CJ Wilson pitched half as well as he blogged, he'd be the best closer in baseball. Why are we still wasting time with that douchebag?

monosylab1k
04-13-2009, 04:19 PM
being over .500 was fun while it lasted. we all knew it wouldn't last.

sribb43
04-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Great job by Kinsler last night not tagging up and going to 3rd on Youngs fly ball to the wall....He would have scored on Hamilton's fly out and tied the game. Anyways our #2 starter sucked balls last night and we scored 9 runs yet it wasnt enough for the win :bang

leemajors
04-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Creditors to Texas financier Tom Hicks's Hicks Sports Group have declared the company in default, a measure that could eventually dislodge the Texas Rangers baseball club and Dallas Stars hockey franchise from his control.

sribb43
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Creditors to Texas financier Tom Hicks's Hicks Sports Group have declared the company in default, a measure that could eventually dislodge the Texas Rangers baseball club and Dallas Stars hockey franchise from his control.

heard about that last week however that we be the best news ever if he lost control of the Rangers... :cheer

Chris
04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Tonight we get back on track. McCarthy will go 6 innings and our bullpen will come through. I checked to see if the Asstros were on tonight, and they're not, so the game should be on FSSW. Hopefully Blalock's stiff shoulder is nothing more than that.

Whisky Dog
04-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I give Wash 25 more games before Nolan has him canned.

Chris
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
It's not Ron Washington's fault we're losing games. I think there's a lot of pressure on the pitching staff and the bullpen, considering we have Nolan Ryan and Maddux calling the shots. I mean thats a lot pressure on a young pitcher and our bullpen is very young. I'm just saying don't press the panic button yet, it's too early.

Melmart1
04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Tonight we get back on track. McCarthy will go 6 innings and our bullpen will come through. I checked to see if the Asstros were on tonight, and they're not, so the game should be on FSSW. Hopefully Blalock's stiff shoulder is nothing more than that.

He is in the lineup today, so it looks like he is OK. I think they even up the record tonight and bounce back a little.

Whisky Dog
04-14-2009, 09:19 PM
It's not Ron Washington's fault we're losing games. I think there's a lot of pressure on the pitching staff and the bullpen, considering we have Nolan Ryan and Maddux calling the shots. I mean thats a lot pressure on a young pitcher and our bullpen is very young. I'm just saying don't press the panic button yet, it's too early.

I like Wash, but from all local accounts here in Arlington he's just not Nolan's guy. It's pretty much the standard thinking that if the Rangers get a ways under .500 early Wash is gone. So Nolan can go with his guy (whoever that is).

If the players like Wash, they better start winning and avoid these extended losing streaks.

Chris
04-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I like Wash, but from all local accounts here in Arlington he's just not Nolan's guy. It's pretty much the standard thinking that if the Rangers get a ways under .500 early Wash is gone. So Nolan can go with his guy (whoever that is).

If the players like Wash, they better start winning and avoid these extended losing streaks.

Yeah, I'm a homer for Wash too but he's definitely on a short leash this year. I think regardless of what happens he will finish out the season.

monosylab1k
04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
this team SUCKS!

monosylab1k
04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
3-159

Whisky Dog
04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Bye Bye Mr. Washington.

Hello Nolan Ryan's Puppet.

Chris
04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Tough loss, fucking Guardado...

BUMP
04-15-2009, 01:41 AM
wtf? these have to be the 4 gayest losses in franchise history and they just happen to come in a row. Woohoo

sribb43
04-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Rangers got shut down by one of the worst pitching staffs in the majors....l love Everyday Eddie but he is done. It looks like the it lobbing balls up there like its BP. Rangers looked off balance most of the night, looking for fastballs, swinging only to be fooled by the changeup

Positive note, McCarthy looked pretty solid in his 6 IP. Frankie is our Bullpen

florige
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm glad we beat Texas, but our dumbass starting pitchers have to make it out of the first freakin inning. :bang We keep catching breaks.

Melmart1
04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah, our bullpen is terrible. Nippert is pretty good, he is coming back from the DL soon, and I figure that Mendoza can take a spot when he is healthy, too. I say get rid of Rupe and Madrigal first. I still think Madrigal has great stuff, but he was called up way too early, he needs time in AAA to work it out.

Melmart1
04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh, and I forgot that they switched Dustin Diamond to the bullpen in AAA, he has been lights out so far. So there is hope, just gotta muddle through till then. I still think this team is better than the last five games.

K-State Spur
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm glad we beat Texas, but our dumbass starting pitchers have to make it out of the first freakin inning. :bang We keep catching breaks.

Well, that was due to an injury yesterday - not that Simon showed any possibility whatsoever of getting through that game.

Looks like he'll probably have to go on the DL (thank god) and they'll bring up either Liz (i hope not, his future is in the bullpen) or Bergeron (one could hope).

sribb43
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Rangers are bringing up Willie Eyre and his career 5+ ERA from AAA....looks like Mad Dog is going down

Chris
04-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Kinsler with the cycle! This is exactly what we need to get the ball rolling in our favor again. What a perfect night!

dallaskd
04-15-2009, 10:01 PM
WEREEEEE BACKKK!!!!!!

Cruz for MVP!!

dallaskd
04-15-2009, 10:03 PM
If CJ Wilson pitched half as well as he blogged, he'd be the best closer in baseball. Why are we still wasting time with that douchebag?

Sucks, he actually had trade value a couple years ago. I'd like to package him with Blalock for something.

Melmart1
04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Go KINS!!!

Man, what a diamond in the rough he was. And homegrown. Damn, it makes me excited to start seeing the rest of the farm guys start coming up. Yeah!!

Whisky Dog
04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Damn, Cruz barely missed a two GS game... He almost Tatis'd those bitches!

whottt
04-16-2009, 12:10 AM
While I am still optimistic on the season...blowing out Balimore means nothing. It seems like the Rangers have done it once or twice per year since Mickey Tettleton played for them(played for the Orioles I mean, not the Rangers). In fact I almost consider this a negative omen.

florige
04-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Kinsler with the cycle! This is exactly what we need to get the ball rolling in our favor again. What a perfect night!

WEREEEEE BACKKK!!!!!!

Cruz for MVP!!

Go KINS!!!

Man, what a diamond in the rough he was. And homegrown. Damn, it makes me excited to start seeing the rest of the farm guys start coming up. Yeah!!

While I am still optimistic on the season...blowing out Balimore means nothing. It seems like the Rangers have done it once or twice per year since Mickey Tettleton played for them(played for the Orioles I mean, not the Rangers). In fact I almost consider this a negative omen.

:lol Damn Whottt, way to kill their bizz dude. Even though I would like just once to play the Rangers and not be on the other side of some sort of embarassment like this. These pitchers we have outside of Guthrie and one or two guys in the bullpen are just downright pathetic.

sribb43
04-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Damn, Cruz barely missed a two GS game... He almost Tatis'd those bitches!

I thought that ball was gone...i jumped out of my chair when he made contact with the ball...but ill take 6 rbi's from Nellie

sribb43
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
If we score 19 runs a game we might make it to 81-81 this season

florige
04-16-2009, 07:54 AM
If we score 19 runs a game we might make it to 81-81 this season

Sorry, I don't think the schedule includes playing against our sorry ass starters 81 games. I can't wait until the boys in the farm are ready.

K-State Spur
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry, I don't think the schedule includes playing against our sorry ass starters 81 games. I can't wait until the boys in the farm are ready.

I wonder what the record is for most consecutive series victories while being outscored in all of those series.

Birds are 6-3, with 3 straight series wins (2 out of 3 each time), but have been outscored by each of their opponents in each of those series.

florige
04-17-2009, 07:39 AM
I wonder what the record is for most consecutive series victories while being outscored in all of those series.

Birds are 6-3, with 3 straight series wins (2 out of 3 each time), but have been outscored by each of their opponents in each of those series.

Thats a good question. For whatever reason we get pounded in each of the series finales. It's like the teams we are playing are totally aggrevated that we managed to take 2 out of 3 from them or something. :lol But we get Boston this weekend. Guess what the pitching lineup for Sunday is, Beckett vs Adam Eaton.....:rolleyes :lol That should be interesting.

sribb43
04-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Thats a good question. For whatever reason we get pounded in each of the series finales. It's like the teams we are playing are totally aggrevated that we managed to take 2 out of 3 from them or something. :lol But we get Boston this weekend. Guess what the pitching lineup for Sunday is, Beckett vs Adam Eaton.....:rolleyes :lol That should be interesting.

Wow, you guys have Adam Eaton...he wouldnt even make the Rangers staff nowadays. Better hide the women and children and dont sit out in the outfield bc some bombs will be hit:lol

florige
04-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow, you guys have Adam Eaton...he wouldnt even make the Rangers staff nowadays. Better hide the women and children and dont sit out in the outfield bc some bombs will be hit:lol

Omg, I don't know who sucks more on our staff, him or Hendrickson. :lol

traitoravery
04-17-2009, 07:22 PM
WTF the stupid Astros on here in San Marcos!

sribb43
04-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Matt Harrison fuckin' sucks. He walks the 9th place hitter with 2 outs and then proceeds to groove a fastball to CoCo for a 3 run jack :bang

Whisky Dog
04-17-2009, 07:53 PM
The only thing worse than watching Matt Harrison pitch is watching Matt Harrison pitch in HD.

I'm switching back to regular fssw

monosylab1k
04-17-2009, 11:43 PM
this team SUCKSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whottt
04-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Toldya That Orioles game didn't mean jack. Be nice to have about 10 of those runs for this game :tu

Melmart1
04-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Derek Holland is up you guys!!! Rupe DFA'd to make room.

I am nervous and excited all at once for him. This is the beginning of the first wave of pitching farmhands that help comprise the best farm system in baseball. The future begins now. With the requisite growing pains, I am sure. :lol

sribb43
04-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Derek Holland is up you guys!!! Rupe DFA'd to make room.

I am nervous and excited all at once for him. This is the beginning of the first wave of pitching farmhands that help comprise the best farm system in baseball. The future begins now. With the requisite growing pains, I am sure. :lol

Thank God they dumped that piece of shit Rupe. I'd be nervous if he was starting right off the bat but they are going to use him out of the bullpen. He pitched well enough in Spring to deserve being brought up. No sense in throwing out guys like Rupe on a nightly basis. Hopfully by late June early July Holland will be in the rotation and Feliz will be in the bullpen

sribb43
04-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Millwood with a complete game giving up 2 runs and Rangers offense gets shutout...Damn this team is terrible right now

K-State Spur
04-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Millwood with a complete game giving up 2 runs and Rangers offense gets shutout...Damn this team is terrible right now

grienke may be the best pitcher in the AL right now. very short track record, but he's been lights out this year.

Chris
04-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Teagarden will start today. According to Ron he will start every 4 games or so. The pitching doesn't get any easier for us today- Kyle Davies is very solid, repping a 2.13 era with 13 strikeouts in 2 games. We need a good 7 innings from Padilla and early offense. Game starts at 2pm on FSSW.

sribb43
04-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Chris Davis and Satly are strikeout machines :bang

Can't wait till Justin Smaok gets here....

pkbpkb81
04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
every year for the last 17 years my dad and i meet in arlgton and go to a weekend series and i ordered the tickes last night and for the first time i am takeing my son we will be the June 12-14 to see the ranger beat dodgers

I cant wait

Chris
04-21-2009, 05:32 AM
every year for the last 17 years my dad and i meet in arlgton and go to a weekend series and i ordered the tickes last night and for the first time i am takeing my son we will be the June 12-14 to see the ranger beat dodgers

I cant wait

I remember my first Rangers game, I was 5-6. I'll never forget Palmeiro was a beast that game. Hope you and your son enjoy it, those are special games.

Whisky Dog
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Finally an impressive win to offset one of those disaster choke jobs. Beating the 10-4 Jays in their house and hanging an L on Halliday is a great win.

CJ came in with a two run lead in the 8th and proceeded to fuck that game away. Frank Francisco goes johnny on the spot to clean up the mess.

pkbpkb81
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
great win tonight the team really needed it

sribb43
04-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Too bad Frankie cant pitch the 8th and 9th every game we have a lead..B-Mac is looking very solid thus far. If Padilla would pitch like we know he can our top 3 staters are very solid.

Beating one of the best pitchers in baseball to start a road trip was great. Wash actually made some smart decisions this game by not allowing CJ to stay in the game long enough to piss it away

dallaskd
04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Holland looks solid.

dallaskd
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM
wow so we picked up O'day off waivers...

30 minutes after he arrives at the stadium he has to pitch and loses the game lol

tough break.

sribb43
04-23-2009, 07:51 AM
wow so we picked up O'day off waivers...

30 minutes after he arrives at the stadium he has to pitch and loses the game lol

tough break.

CJ lost us the game by starting the inning off with a lead off walk :bang

florige
04-24-2009, 08:16 PM
:bang Argghhhh!! I hate playing the damn Rangers!

florige
04-24-2009, 09:16 PM
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

ArghhhHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang

Chris
04-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Forever Young..I want to be forever younggggg...:lol

Solid D
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Matt Harrison straightened himself out, got the W and CJ Wilson retired Markakis and Huff in order in the 8th, not allowing a base-runner?

Oh no that didn't just happen, did it? I had those two guys pegged for OKC or Frisco next week.

Whisky Dog
04-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Frank Francisco is a beast. He'll take a chair to the noggin of opposing fans and he's blowing fastballs by fools left and right. Now that combination makes a closer.

sribb43
04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Millwood on the hill tonight against a 21yr old A's starter...Rangers better score some damn runs for Millwood

sribb43
04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
.500 bitches

Chris
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
How long will Hamilton be out?

Is that the lovely Eve Torres in your sig sribb?

sribb43
04-29-2009, 07:42 AM
How long will Hamilton be out?

Is that the lovely Eve Torres in your sig sribb?

The way Hamilton has been hitting so far this season, it isnt a big blow if he must miss sometime....

and yes that is the lovely Eve Toress

Whisky Dog
04-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I think Hamilton is day to day. Hopefully the time off and recovery will give him a shot to right the ship and start producing when he gets back in the lineup. I think his main problem is that he's a 1st pitch fastball hitter, and now teams have scouted that and aren't throwing him shit to hit on the 1st pitch. He needs to adjust.

Good thing A. Jones is hitting in his stead to keep a major black hole from existing in the middle of the lineup.

Chris
05-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Game should be on FSSW tonight (7pm) since the Asstros are playing a day game. McCarthy has been fun to watch this season, he's got his fastball up to 95 consistently. Hamilton is on the DL :depressed Max Ramirez has been called up.

Melmart1
05-02-2009, 03:46 AM
Game should be on FSSW tonight (7pm) since the Asstros are playing a day game. McCarthy has been fun to watch this season, he's got his fastball up to 95 consistently. Hamilton is on the DL :depressed Max Ramirez has been called up.

Hammy was sucking it up pretty bad, so this DL stint may be just what he needs. Hopefully he comes back solid. Being only 2 games under .500 with him and Crush producing at a snail's pace (though Crush has picked it up a bit recently) is a miracle. If they could start producing, I bet we are three games above .500 right now.

Melmart1
05-02-2009, 02:42 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3580/3492112445_2505423d0e.jpg

I had to post this, courtesy of my favorite Rangers Web site, Lone Star Ball.

BTW, she is a White Sox fan, not a Rangers fan. Phewy! Although some of those Dallas socialites have hair that big.

Chris
05-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Hammy was sucking it up pretty bad, so this DL stint may be just what he needs. Hopefully he comes back solid. Being only 2 games under .500 with him and Crush producing at a snail's pace (though Crush has picked it up a bit recently) is a miracle. If they could start producing, I bet we are three games above .500 right now.

Let's hope thats what he needs because something is definitely wrong. Blalock has been automatic at the plate..Honestly all we need is the pitching to get it together and we are on the verge of a breakout season.

Whisky Dog
05-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Honestly all we need is the pitching to get it together and we are on the verge of a breakout season.

Hmm, now that sounds strangely familiar.

sribb43
05-03-2009, 01:12 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3580/3492112445_2505423d0e.jpg

I had to post this, courtesy of my favorite Rangers Web site, Lone Star Ball.

BTW, she is a White Sox fan, not a Rangers fan. Phewy! Although some of those Dallas socialites have hair that big.

my fiancee and i saw her while watching the game and were like WTF!!!!:wow

EricB
05-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Will be nice to actually catch the Rangers tonight seeing as MLB.TV never lets me watch them cause supposedly I'm in the viewing area down here in San Antonio :pctoss

Melmart1
05-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Will be nice to actually catch the Rangers tonight seeing as MLB.TV never lets me watch them cause supposedly I'm in the viewing area down here in San Antonio :pctoss

Don't even get me started! Not only can we not watch them on MLB.TV but Time Warner is no longer showing them on the alternate channel like they have been doing for the last several years. I get to watch maybe one game a week now and it BLOWS!

EricB
05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Don't even get me started! Not only can we not watch them on MLB.TV but Time Warner is no longer showing them on the alternate channel like they have been doing for the last several years. I get to watch maybe one game a week now and it BLOWS!

Yeah its all Major League Baseball, cause I can hardly get em on freaking DirecTV.

Its like, where do you expect me to watch it?

Is it on a channel I don't have? Cause I'll pay for the ^&%*^&%^& Channel !!!!! :pctoss

traitoravery
05-05-2009, 02:34 AM
One game above .500 woooooohooooooo

Chris
05-05-2009, 02:43 AM
One game above .500 woooooohooooooo

I was just going to post this! Game is on tomorrow at 3:40 FSSW. Padilla is due for a win!

sribb43
05-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Frankie is great..Millwood is pitching like a bulldog. Can Davis do anything but homer or strikeout?

Whisky Dog
05-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Cinco De Mayo and the Rangers are + in the win column? Am I dreaming?

Whisky Dog
05-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Davis is the kind of hitter I can't stand. Stop being such a selfish bastard and tighten up your swing to hit for better average. Fucker tries to go deep every swing and has way to many strikeouts. I hate it when he comes up in small ball situations with runners on and less than 2 outs.

sribb43
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Davis is the kind of hitter I can't stand. Stop being such a selfish bastard and tighten up your swing to hit for better average. Fucker tries to go deep every swing and has way to many strikeouts. I hate it when he comes up in small ball situations with runners on and less than 2 outs.

He swing with an upper-cut that means he will strike out a shit load...

Great start by Padilla today, nothing like taking out the M's top 2 starters in King Felix and Bedard

Only .5 GB from 1st:downspin:

dallaskd
05-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Nice little streak here. Hopefully Salty gets some confidence going..

Whisky Dog
05-06-2009, 09:18 AM
He swing with an upper-cut that means he will strike out a shit load...

Great start by Padilla today, nothing like taking out the M's top 2 starters in King Felix and Bedard

Only .5 GB from 1st:downspin:

I know, that's why I said he needs to tighten up his swing and quit trying to pull the ball into the stands. I'm almost positive Rudy's trying to get his swing worked out but it's not taking. It also doesn't help that he hasn't developed a very good eye yet.

dallaskd
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM

A young Brad Wilkerson in the making.

sribb43
05-06-2009, 11:58 AM
A young Brad Wilkerson in the making.

:bang

EricB
05-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Hopefully the Rangers could open up the purse strings a little bit and get another solid rotation guy.

Padilla and Milwood look solid so far.

sribb43
05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Maybe Ben Sheets can be a nice July addition to this pitching staff

Melmart1
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, your FIRST PLACE Texas Rangers!!!

15-12. The bigger of the two numbers is on the left. In May. Somebody pinch me!

EricB
05-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Maybe Ben Sheets can be a nice July addition to this pitching staff

July of 2010? Sure.

Dude had TJ. He's toast till at least next june.

EricB
05-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, your FIRST PLACE Texas Rangers!!!

15-12. The bigger of the two numbers is on the left. In May. Somebody pinch me!

Wanna hear something even more encouraging?

The best team in the division coming into this season? Has unfortunately had some tough occurances and they are falling back badly.

I don't think the A's will be much they will be sellers in July, Seattle stinks, Anaheim is the only competition but I don't see their owner adding payroll and I don't think they have the pitching nor hitting to hang.

The freaking Rangers, if they can be SMART BUYERS at the deadline, can win this damn division.

Whisky Dog
05-07-2009, 12:40 AM
I can only think that the pitching coach that Nolan brought over has done a damn good job with the staff. Not only has Millwood been great but Padilla, Harrison, Feldman, etc. have been very steady and productive. Also, Francisco has never pitched better.

whottt
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I can only think that the pitching coach that Nolan brought over has done a damn good job with the staff. Not only has Millwood been great but Padilla, Harrison, Feldman, etc. have been very steady and productive. Also, Francisco has never pitched better.

Trust Nolan...even if he doesn't get us a world series, we'll be competent.

Melmart1
05-07-2009, 01:30 AM
July of 2010? Sure.

Dude had TJ. He's toast till at least next june.

No, he didn't. It was a torn tendon but not TJ. He could very well be back in the second half, depending on how well his rehabilitation plan goes.

pkbpkb81
05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Great job by harrison tonight

yavozerb
05-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Rangers are making the most of what they have on the team right now, above average hitting and below average pitching..Washington is doing a great job right now managing this team.

pkbpkb81
05-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Rangers are making the most of what they have on the team right now, above average hitting and below average pitching..Washington is doing a great job right now managing this team.

i agree with what you say abour wash and i was not a fan of the hire

but he has done a great job

sribb43
05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
THe Rangers offense isnt even really clicking right now...too many K's by Salty and Chris Davis and Josh has been out...Even when Josh was playing his batting was sub-par.

Like I said before the season started, all the Rangers need is below average pitching, not bottom of the barrell. Matt Harrison has really turned it around and Millwood is pitching great. Rangers have a decent satff at the moment and as of late the bullpen has been lights out. Frankie is the truth

Whisky Dog
05-10-2009, 11:16 AM
The last couple of losses have been due more to hitting than pitching with the exception of McCarthy's meltdown. I wish we had Smoak ready to take over for "Strikeout" Davis and right now Teagarden is hitting better than Salty so he should get some work. With both Hamilton and Michael Young out the Rangers need to keep pitching well and hit consistently to stay ahead of the curve.

sribb43
05-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Chris Davis = Rob Deer

pkbpkb81
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
made it throw the road trip in first place but two veary big searies this week with the m's and angals comeing to the ball park

sribb43
05-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I think Lackey and Santana will be activated this week and their first starts will probably be this weekend. I think it might be a good thing to get those guys on their 1st starts back. The will be rusty and wont be allowed to throw alot of pitches so the Rangers can get to that shaky Angels bullpen

pkbpkb81
05-11-2009, 08:23 PM
i hope so becuse we need to put more distance between us and then becuse healthy they are scary

dallaskd
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I just bought tickets for two games vs the Angels this weekend. Feldman looks great tonight. Davis gets another HR. lol

Let's finish.

pkbpkb81
05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
fucking rangers basesloaded 1 out and you dont get a run fuck

sribb43
05-13-2009, 07:52 AM
I just bought tickets for two games vs the Angels this weekend. Feldman looks great tonight. Davis gets another HR. lol

Let's finish.

I'm going saturday afternon but its supposed to rain:bang

...and a big thanks goes to Ron Washington for using Frankie Francisco 3 days in a row last week, one of which was bringing him in with a 7-2 lead in extra;s innings vs. Seattle. As a result he has bicep tendinitis and might take a trip to the DL. That means CJ would become the closer:bang

traitoravery
05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I will be up there for The series against the Stros June 17th, I believe. This is great I haven't been this excited about baseball in a long time! Go Rangers Fuck the Stros!!!

Mike Maddux :worthy:

StylisticS
05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Even though there was a big 6th inning. I do wish our hitting was more clutch. However, it's such a wonderful joy to see a team that I love with um....pitching. :toast to the Rangers pitching staff. Even our bullpen has pitched well the last two weeks.

sribb43
05-14-2009, 08:03 AM
MVP last night was Salty for blocking the 3+ balls CJ :bang threw in the dirt with a runner on 3rd in extra's

sribb43
05-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Chris Davis with a 2 run walk off home run....Bring out the brooms :cheer

EricB
05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Even though there was a big 6th inning. I do wish our hitting was more clutch. However, it's such a wonderful joy to see a team that I love with um....pitching. :toast to the Rangers pitching staff. Even our bullpen has pitched well the last two weeks.

I'd say the hitting is clutch.

Last night and today.

CRASH DAVIS BABY!

WHOOOOO

Harrison with the VERY well deserved win, his stuff was KILLER.

HUGE series this weekend with Anaheim, gotta get 2 out of three at the LEAST and start pulling away from the division.

This is AWESOME!

pkbpkb81
05-14-2009, 03:37 PM
man it feels like 96 where is ken hill

CubanMustGo
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
WTF has gotten into the Rangers? Timely hitting, good pitching, some defense too ... what a difference a year makes. When's the last time they were (a) in first place and (b) six games over .500?

Whisky Dog
05-15-2009, 02:03 AM
The depth has really been a plus so far this season with guys like Murphy, Jones, and Vizquel stepping up when called on to deliver.

I remember watching last season when they were losing games you never could say that they didn't play hard for Wash, they just weren't pitching and playing defense well enough to win. Add Nolan and his hand picked pitching coach, the defensive wizard in the making in Elvis, and Michael Young making a smooth transition to 3rd and now the pitching and defense are ramping up. Nice having the automatic play machine Vizquel to back up the kid when needed too.

Whisky Dog
05-15-2009, 02:05 AM
I'll be the first to say it - although "Strike Out" Davis burns a lot of opportunities swinging for the fences, when he gets hot he becomes a flame thrower. Right now he's hot and the Rangers need to ride it until he goes back to "Strike Out".

sribb43
05-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Pitching Matchups for Angles Series starting tonight

Fri - Millwood vs. Saunder
Sat - Padilla vs. Lackey
Sun - Feldman vs. Weaver

BUMP
05-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Huge series coming up. There hasn't been a team that has given the Rangers more trouble the last six or seven years than the Angels have

CubanMustGo
05-15-2009, 09:41 AM
I sure liked going to Rangers games when we lived in the Metroplex. Of course, the company had a luxury box/seats behind third base it made available on occasion to employees, hard to beat great free seating. Glad to see they are finally having some success and hope it will continue.

monosylab1k
05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
First place Texas Rangers!

ATRAIN
05-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Mono you ready for the battle for the silver boot....its coming up.

sribb43
05-15-2009, 02:54 PM

F' the Silver Boot...we are playing for more than that this season. AL West Champs or Wild Card is what the Rangers plans are this season.

EricB
05-15-2009, 05:11 PM
F' the Silver Boot...we are playing for more than that this season. AL West Champs or Wild Card is what the Rangers plans are this season.

Word :smokin

monosylab1k
05-16-2009, 02:00 AM

lol @ you calling it a "battle". How big a battle is it when the Rangers just curbstomp the Asstros every year?

dallaskd
05-16-2009, 08:17 PM
i hate seeing CJ going in there to close games..

sribb43
05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
:lmao @ Lackey
:lmao @ the Halos

bring out the brooms...Go Rangers :cheer

Chris
05-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the reverse jinx on Davis. Ever since ya'll been talkin shit, he's been a beast both offensively and defensively.

Stressing that the last thing he wanted to do was increase the burden on a taxed Angels bullpen, Lackey was adamant that he was not trying to harm Kinsler, adding that six weeks of rust and a little extra adrenaline probably figured in his command issues.

"There was no intention whatsoever to throw behind him or hit him," Lackey said after the Angels' 5-3 loss. "If you know anything about me, I would go straight to the source if I was going to do something. I would tell you if I was going to do something and tell you if I did.

"I would stand up and own it. Absolutely, I was definitely shocked."

I'm still not buying it. They knew Kinsler was on a tear and probably trying to get into his head early in the game.

dallaskd
05-16-2009, 11:34 PM
He still strikes out over 40% of the time and has a terrible batting average. He will cool off in a month and he will be getting the Laynce Nix treatment for the rest of his Rangers career. He is a monster when he connects, but is it really worth the it?

The good side is he's very very young. I would package him for a stud pitcher at the deadline while he's hot and put Blalock at 1st. They have similar power and Blalock has experience, hits for a better average, and is a better defender.

Also, it seems all in the news today that Ben Sheets will most likely try and sign with the Rangers again. I think it is a low risk move much like Andrew Jones was. It is still up in the air on who he will replace. I'm still kind of hoping to see Feliz get some major league action this year, but im guessing he will stay at AAA if Texas can keep this play up.

dallaskd
05-16-2009, 11:39 PM
On the other hand, we let Adrian Gonzalez and Travis Hafner go prematurely. But if he has trade value, I wouldnt hesitate to move him for an arm.

monosylab1k
05-17-2009, 01:32 AM
That's what Lackey gets for being a prick.

Is it just me, or in the past 2-3 years have the Angels turned into a bunch of low-class whiny douchebags? I used to be a big Scioscia fan, but that guy is the ultimate turd nugget now.

BUMP
05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Sweep!!!

I have family that works for the Rangers and i have been a big fan of them forever and they're my favorite team in any pro sport. it actually gives me goosebumps watching the fans stand up at the end of this game. Hopefully they keep on winning and win back most of the fanbase that was lost the last few years. And the fact that it was the Angels makes it even more satisfying.:toast

Texas Chili Dog
05-17-2009, 03:50 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5006/broom.jpg

sribb43
05-17-2009, 04:16 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5006/broom.jpg

Spursfan092120
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Go rangers!! :)

Spursfan092120
05-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Sweep!!!

I have family that works for the Rangers and i have been a big fan of them forever and they're my favorite team in any pro sport. it actually gives me goosebumps watching the fans stand up at the end of this game. Hopefully they keep on winning and win back most of the fanbase that was lost the last few years. And the fact that it was the Angels makes it even more satisfying.:toast
Damn BUMP...this is scary..we both cheer for the Cowboys..and now the Rangers? Wow...I'm scared.

Whisky Dog
05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Here's my Sunday Rangers story:

I had gotten 2 free tickets for today's game so I grabbed my girl (who had never been to a game but wanted to go) and headed up to the game today. Went and parked in the Six Flags parking lot (because I don't have to pay) and took the short walk towards the gate. Got to the gate and pulled out my ticket and was right about to walk in when... my girl tells me she doesn't have her ticket. I ask her what she did with it and she says "I don't know, maybe I left it in the car". So I walk back to the car to check and sure enough - no ticket. Now usually this wouldn't be a big deal for a Rangers game, but the ticket lines were ridiculously long and I didn't have the extra cash on me to buy an expensive ticket cause all the cheap ones were gone.

All the way to the gate and no dice cause my girl can't keep track of a ticket. :(

sribb43
05-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Come on all you fake Ranger fans...for all of you that left after the 1999 playoffs, its time for you to jump back on the bandwagon

http://awaitingrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/01/bandwagon.jpg

Melmart1
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
As much as I love the winning, I hate the bandwagoners that will come with it. Now, it will be impossible to get the cheap dugout seats I used to get with ease. Oh well, winning is better, too bad it costs more.

sribb43
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
As much as I love the winning, I hate the bandwagoners that will come with it. Now, it will be impossible to get the cheap dugout seats I used to get with ease. Oh well, winning is better, too bad it costs more.

yep, it was so easy to get great cheap seats on Ebay or Stub Hub. Luckily I got my Memorial Day tickets vs. the Yanks a few weeks ago before this team blew up and everyone decided to come out to the ballpark. Don't get me wrong I love going to the ballpark and seeing it full but bandwagoners make me sick

EricB
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Got my tickets for this weekend vs the Asstros.

No offense for memorial day, but I'd rather go to the cooler MMP, than the outside park haha.

sribb43
05-19-2009, 08:37 PM
WTF....1 hit by fuckin' fat ass Dontrel Willis :bang

Texas Chili Dog
05-19-2009, 09:19 PM
we just can't buy a win in Detroit. It's just weird.

Texas Chili Dog
05-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Kinsler and Andrus, TRIPLE PLAY!

sribb43
05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Fuck Detroit and the Tigers

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Fuck Detroit and the Tigers
WTF...how the hell do the Tigers have our number? This is bullshit.

JamStone
05-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Detroit's starting pitching has been really good lately.

Dontrelle's outing was a complete surprise. But, Verlander and tomorrow's starter Edwin Jackson have been throwing fire their last few starts. The way to get at those two in particular is to do what the Rangers did tonight and get their pitch count up and try to score on Detroit's bullpen. Our bullpen has been erratic and very hittable, even the closer Rodney.

But, Detroit is playing good baseball lately. Even the sweep the Twins had against the Tigers, the Tigers had opportunities to win two of those three losses because of the starting pitching.

Texas Chili Dog
05-21-2009, 01:19 AM
the Tigers could lose 20 in a row and then still sweep us in Detroit. WTF?

sribb43
05-21-2009, 03:12 PM
I bet the Rangers just lost 1/2 of the bandwagon with this sweep

pkbpkb81
05-21-2009, 03:23 PM
dont worry about the tigers we dont go back to det till bame 3 of the alcs