PDA

View Full Version : What an asshole cop!!! Officer delays Cowboy's Moats

SouthTexasRancher
03-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah there are still some good, decent, honest cops around but, more and more of them are becoming real ASSholes!!! At least the Dallas police dept. did the right thing!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4017382

Officer delayed Moats as relative died

DALLAS -- A police officer was placed on administrative leave Thursday over a traffic stop involving an NFL player whom he kept in a hospital parking lot and threatened to arrest while his mother-in-law died inside the building.
Officer Robert Powell also drew his gun during the March 18 incident involving Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) running back Ryan Moats (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8491) in the Dallas suburb of Plano, police said.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/8491.jpg Moats

"I can screw you over," he said at one point in the videotaped incident. When another officer came with word that Moats' mother-in-law was indeed dying, Powell's response was: "All right. I'm almost done."
Dallas Police Chief David Kunkle apologized to the family and announced that Powell would be on paid leave pending an internal investigation.
"When we at the command staff reviewed the tape, we were embarrassed, disappointed," Kunkle said. "It's hard to find the right word and still be professional in my role as the police chief. But the behavior was not appropriate."
Powell, 25, a three-year member of the force, stopped Moats' SUV outside Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano after Moats rolled through a red light.
Police officials said Powell told his commanders he believed he was doing his job, and that he drew his gun but did not point it. Kunkle said Powell was not necessarily acting improperly when he pulled his weapon out, but that once he realized what was happening should have put the gun back, apologized and offered to help the family in any way.
"His behavior, in my opinion, did not exhibit the common sense, the discretion, the compassion that we expect our officers to exhibit," Kunkle said.
Moats' wife, who was in the car along with other relatives, said Powell pointed his weapon at her.

Video: NFL player pulled over

On the Web site of the Dallas Morning News, video from a police dashboard camera shows a Dallas police officer stopping Texans running back Ryan Moats in front of the hospital where his mother-in-law lay dying of cancer. Watch (http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews/hp/index.html?nvid=345572) http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/watch.png

"He was pointing a gun at me as soon as I got out of the car," Tamishia Moats told The Dallas Morning News.
The Moats family did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press. Powell did not respond to requests for comment through the Dallas police union.
Video from a dashboard camera inside the officer's vehicle, obtained by Dallas-Fort Worth station WFAA-TV, revealed an intense exchange in which the officer threatened to jail Moats.
He ordered Tamishia Moats, 27, to get back in the SUV, but after pausing for a few seconds, she and another woman rushed into the hospital. She was by the side of her mother, 45-year-old Jonetta Collinsworth, when she died a short time later from breast cancer.
"Get in there," said Powell, yelling at Tamishia Moats as she exited the vehicle. "Let me see your hands!"
"Excuse me, my mom is dying," Tamishia Moats said. "Do you understand?"
Ryan Moats explained that he waited until there was no traffic before proceeding through the red light. When Powell asked for proof of insurance, Moats grew more agitated and told the officer to go find it.
"My mother-in-law is dying! Right now! You're wasting my time!" Moats yelled. "I don't understand why you can't understand that."
As they argued, the officer got irritated.
"Shut your mouth," the officer said. "You can either settle down and cooperate or I can just take you to jail for running a red light."
By the time the 26-year-old NFL player received a ticket and a lecture from Powell, about 13 minutes had passed. When he and Collinsworth's father entered the hospital, they learned Collinsworth was dead.
Kunkle said the video showed that Moats and his wife "exercised extraordinary patience, restraint in dealing with the behavior of our officer."
"At no time did Mr. Moats identify himself as an NFL football player or expect any kind of special consideration," Kunkle said. "He handled himself very, very well."
The Moats family, who are black, said they can't help but think that race might have played a part in the white officer's behavior.
"I think he should lose his job," Ryan Moats said.
When the exchange was at its most contentious, Powell said he could tow Moats' SUV if he didn't have insurance and that he could arrest him for fleeing because he didn't immediately stop when Powell turned on his sirens. The pursuit lasted a little more than a minute.
"I can screw you over," Powell said. "I'd rather not do that. Your attitude will dictate everything that happens."
The ticket issued to Moats was dismissed, Dallas police spokesman Lt. Andy Harvey said.
Texans spokesman Kevin Cooper said the team had no comment.
Moats, a third-round draft choice of the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi) in 2005 out of Louisiana Tech, was cut by the Eagles in August and later signed with the Texans. In three seasons as a backup, he's rushed for 441 yards and scored four touchdowns.
He was a standout at Bishop Lynch High School, a private school in Dallas, rushing for more than 2,600 yards and 33 touchdowns as a senior.

The Franchise
03-26-2009, 06:46 PM
It's cops like that that get good cops killed.

dws009
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm sure SAPD would be interested in hiring this guy! At least he thought he was doing his job! He'd still be a good hire compared to some of the guys in blue here in SA.

chode_regulator
03-26-2009, 06:52 PM
That measures really high on my "that's fucked up meter"

I can't believe the insensitivity some douche has over something so minor as not having insurance.

that's one chode that needs regulating

I hope some karma comes back his way

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
It sucks..yes..I'd be pissed. But Moats is a Houston Texan, not a Cowboy.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
It's cops like that that get good cops killed.

It's cops like that that made me stop caring about what happens to any of them.

SouthTexasRancher
03-26-2009, 09:49 PM
It sucks..yes..I'd be pissed. But Moats is a Houston Texan, not a Cowboy.

Yep, you are correct. I think I was thinking Cowboy's since it happened in Dallas. Doesn't pay to think these days. :lol

BSofA04
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
It's pretty pathetic that the cop decided to still give him a talkin'-to despite the hospital's officials trying to tell him that Moats was telling the truth. Asshole cop should lose his job since he obviously has an ego/power trip.

Thomas82
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM
It's pretty pathetic that the cop decided to still give him a talkin'-to despite the hospital's officials trying to tell him that Moats was telling the truth. Asshole cop should lose his job since he obviously has an ego/power trip.

I think he will end up losing his job.

Spursfan092120
03-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Yep, you are correct. I think I was thinking Cowboy's since it happened in Dallas. Doesn't pay to think these days. :lol
lol..no worries..cop was an asshole though..bigtime.

bostonguy
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Fuck that heartless cop. His rep just took a major hit. He should be fired.

SpursDynasty
03-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah there are still some good, decent, honest cops around but, more and more of them are becoming real ASSholes!!! At least the Dallas police dept. did the right thing!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4017382

Officer delayed Moats as relative died

DALLAS -- A police officer was placed on administrative leave Thursday over a traffic stop involving an NFL player whom he kept in a hospital parking lot and threatened to arrest while his mother-in-law died inside the building.
Officer Robert Powell also drew his gun during the March 18 incident involving Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) running back Ryan Moats (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8491) in the Dallas suburb of Plano, police said.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/8491.jpg Moats

"I can screw you over," he said at one point in the videotaped incident. When another officer came with word that Moats' mother-in-law was indeed dying, Powell's response was: "All right. I'm almost done."
Dallas Police Chief David Kunkle apologized to the family and announced that Powell would be on paid leave pending an internal investigation.
"When we at the command staff reviewed the tape, we were embarrassed, disappointed," Kunkle said. "It's hard to find the right word and still be professional in my role as the police chief. But the behavior was not appropriate."
Powell, 25, a three-year member of the force, stopped Moats' SUV outside Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano after Moats rolled through a red light.
Police officials said Powell told his commanders he believed he was doing his job, and that he drew his gun but did not point it. Kunkle said Powell was not necessarily acting improperly when he pulled his weapon out, but that once he realized what was happening should have put the gun back, apologized and offered to help the family in any way.
"His behavior, in my opinion, did not exhibit the common sense, the discretion, the compassion that we expect our officers to exhibit," Kunkle said.
Moats' wife, who was in the car along with other relatives, said Powell pointed his weapon at her.

Video: NFL player pulled over

On the Web site of the Dallas Morning News, video from a police dashboard camera shows a Dallas police officer stopping Texans running back Ryan Moats in front of the hospital where his mother-in-law lay dying of cancer. Watch (http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews/hp/index.html?nvid=345572) http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/watch.png

"He was pointing a gun at me as soon as I got out of the car," Tamishia Moats told The Dallas Morning News.
The Moats family did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press. Powell did not respond to requests for comment through the Dallas police union.
Video from a dashboard camera inside the officer's vehicle, obtained by Dallas-Fort Worth station WFAA-TV, revealed an intense exchange in which the officer threatened to jail Moats.
He ordered Tamishia Moats, 27, to get back in the SUV, but after pausing for a few seconds, she and another woman rushed into the hospital. She was by the side of her mother, 45-year-old Jonetta Collinsworth, when she died a short time later from breast cancer.
"Get in there," said Powell, yelling at Tamishia Moats as she exited the vehicle. "Let me see your hands!"
"Excuse me, my mom is dying," Tamishia Moats said. "Do you understand?"
Ryan Moats explained that he waited until there was no traffic before proceeding through the red light. When Powell asked for proof of insurance, Moats grew more agitated and told the officer to go find it.
"My mother-in-law is dying! Right now! You're wasting my time!" Moats yelled. "I don't understand why you can't understand that."
As they argued, the officer got irritated.
"Shut your mouth," the officer said. "You can either settle down and cooperate or I can just take you to jail for running a red light."
By the time the 26-year-old NFL player received a ticket and a lecture from Powell, about 13 minutes had passed. When he and Collinsworth's father entered the hospital, they learned Collinsworth was dead.
Kunkle said the video showed that Moats and his wife "exercised extraordinary patience, restraint in dealing with the behavior of our officer."
"At no time did Mr. Moats identify himself as an NFL football player or expect any kind of special consideration," Kunkle said. "He handled himself very, very well."
The Moats family, who are black, said they can't help but think that race might have played a part in the white officer's behavior.
"I think he should lose his job," Ryan Moats said.
When the exchange was at its most contentious, Powell said he could tow Moats' SUV if he didn't have insurance and that he could arrest him for fleeing because he didn't immediately stop when Powell turned on his sirens. The pursuit lasted a little more than a minute.
"I can screw you over," Powell said. "I'd rather not do that. Your attitude will dictate everything that happens."
The ticket issued to Moats was dismissed, Dallas police spokesman Lt. Andy Harvey said.
Texans spokesman Kevin Cooper said the team had no comment.
Moats, a third-round draft choice of the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi) in 2005 out of Louisiana Tech, was cut by the Eagles in August and later signed with the Texans. In three seasons as a backup, he's rushed for 441 yards and scored four touchdowns.
He was a standout at Bishop Lynch High School, a private school in Dallas, rushing for more than 2,600 yards and 33 touchdowns as a senior.

I saw this on the news. This is what happens when any old dude off the street (instead of people with integrity who are respectable) can become a police officer. Pissed me off.

dirk4mvp
03-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I saw this on the news. This is what happens when any old dude off the street (instead of people with integrity who are respectable) can become a police officer. Pissed me off.

Is this the first SD outside of the Spurs and NBA forum?

Whisky Dog
03-27-2009, 01:20 PM

The officer is 25, and exactly where do you go to find people who are 100% without a doubt respectable and full of integrity? Police don't just pick people off the street, there are tests and background checks to weed out bad apples, but some are going to slip through the cracks. Also, even the good ones can have a bad incident from time to time. They're working a job where the next person they meet could easily put a bullet in their head if given an opportunity... That's a stressful job. They have to deal with all the trash in society who break all the rules yet they have to follow them to the letter. It's a tough gig.

Obstructed_View
03-27-2009, 05:29 PM
The officer is 25, and exactly where do you go to find people who are 100% without a doubt respectable and full of integrity? Police don't just pick people off the street, there are tests and background checks to weed out bad apples, but some are going to slip through the cracks. Also, even the good ones can have a bad incident from time to time. They're working a job where the next person they meet could easily put a bullet in their head if given an opportunity... That's a stressful job. They have to deal with all the trash in society who break all the rules yet they have to follow them to the letter. It's a tough gig.

So what part of that justifies mercilessly fucking with someone with their emergency blinkers on running a light a block from a hospital? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Whisky Dog
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
So what part of that justifies mercilessly fucking with someone with their emergency blinkers on running a light a block from a hospital? Yeah, I didn't think so.

If you read my post you'd see that I was responding to the two stupid ass remarks by the poster I quoted and not a justification of anything this one cop did. It's hard to find people with honesty and integrity who can keep cool under fire, and when you've taken one on who can't hack it like this cop - you weed him out. This guy should be fired, but save me all the "cops just take anyone off the streets" and "cops like this make me not care what happens to all of them" bullshit. At the end of the day, they're a big part of the reason you can go throughout your day without having to deal with a strong criminal element on a daily basis. Sure shot happens, but without any law you wouldn't be reading this now, you'd be trying to keep yourself alive.

SouthTexasRancher
03-27-2009, 11:36 PM
If you read my post you'd see that I was responding to the two stupid ass remarks by the poster I quoted and not a justification of anything this one cop did. It's hard to find people with honesty and integrity who can keep cool under fire, and when you've taken one on who can't hack it like this cop - you weed him out. This guy should be fired, but save me all the "cops just take anyone off the streets" and "cops like this make me not care what happens to all of them" bullshit. At the end of the day, they're a big part of the reason you can go throughout your day without having to deal with a strong criminal element on a daily basis. Sure shot happens, but without any law you wouldn't be reading this now, you'd be trying to keep yourself alive.

Whiskey Dog, have you even watched the video? This incident has been covered nationwide and police officers from various cities said the officer was out of line. The cop's own boss said he was out of line. If you watch the video anyone can see that he goes overboard with threats. Nurses came out to confirm his Mother-In-Law was on her last breath and another officer arrived on the scene and tried to calm the dickhead officer down.

Like I said in my original post, there are good, honest cops. BUT, there is a growing number who are rogue cops that are nothing but, assholes. Every police force in the country has had to relieve an officer at one time or another for bad conduct. In this day and age of video (camera's, phones, and such) all kinds of supposedly fine, upstanding community minded people are getting caught in the act. This goes for preachers, priests, cops, politicians, doctors, lawyers, bankers, school teachers, and on and on. We see or read about this on an almost daily basis where we see cops beating the crap out of a suspect, even sometimes killing the person only to find out later they had the wrong guy. Look at how many people are going free because DNA proved them innocent. I know several police officers and as far as I know they fall into the good category and deserve praise for putting their life on the line. However, if and when they cross the line then even they are NOT above the law.

This officer needs to be on unpaid (since we have actual video of the incident) suspension for now with the time and amount determined by the Dallas Police Dept. The good news is Moats wife was able to see her Mom before she passed away.

redskinfan
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
It's unfortunate but I think this officer was doing his job by the book maybe a little to word for word than he should but this job is to serve and protect and you never know what to expect especially when the suspects get out furiously of the vehicle , even though they were at a hospital the officer maybe thought they were using this place as an excuse to get out of trouble, once again it is very unfortunate but you just never know!

jack sommerset
03-28-2009, 11:54 AM
It's unfortunate but I think this officer was doing his job by the book maybe a little to word for word than he should but this job is to serve and protect and you never know what to expect especially when the suspects get out furiously of the vehicle , even though they were at a hospital the officer maybe thought they were using this place as an excuse to get out of trouble, once again it is very unfortunate but you just never know!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

redskinfan
03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:cop
idiots try being a cop, you talk out your asses but have no clue what it is being a cop not knowing if your gonna make it home to see your family. Moats should have just went inside and got his vehicle towed.

jack sommerset
03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
idiots try being a cop, you talk out your asses but have no clue what it is being a cop not knowing if your gonna make it home to see your family. Moats should have just went inside and got his vehicle towed.

U are killing me. He was not worried enough about the two girls running in to the HOSPITAL to go after them or handcuff the two guys that stayed behind. Two nurses came out to the officer that this was really happening. A plano officer came up and told the Dallas officer this was really happening.

The officer saw the car at the stop light, flash its lights then roll slowly through the redlight. How is this guy doing his job saying " I can screw you over" Is that in the police manual Einstein? The chief of police said it best that police officers must use common sense! What common sense did this guy use? Its a traffic stop. Like I said the guy was not worried about the two girls escaping! What does a officer to do when two people take off on his ass. You call for back up. They are running for a reason. Maybe he knew what was really happening and wanted to be a prick. God forbid there are no pricks in the world.

I gurantee if anyone was pulled over for any traffic stop trying to get to the hospital to see there dying mother the judge would throw out the ticket. I gurantee you that. This dumb ass officer was standing right outside the emergency room with another police officer saying its true she is dying and two nurses saying its true she is dying. The guy did not do his job right and for you to call people idiots makes me really think you are one dumb motherfucker.

Obstructed_View
03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
idiots try being a cop.

Idiot tried being a cop, and now he's in trouble. Someone with judgment that colossally bad shouldn't be given a gun and the power to arrest people.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm sure SAPD would be interested in hiring this guy! At least he thought he was doing his job! He'd still be a good hire compared to some of the guys in blue here in SA.

If you think SAPD is bad try messing with the bexar county sheriffs. Real assholes!!!!! I have to deal with them since i live outside of loop 1604. Don't get me wrong but I know there's good cops and bad cops.

As far as this cop he was doing his job but at some point he became an asshole. He shouldve let Moats run to see his mother in law. As soon as he came back hand him the citation. Is not like the cop had better things to do. He could've waited. And about the insurance I thought cops in Texas could run your plates to see if you have insurance. I don't know if in Dallas they're doing that but over here I hear it on the insurance commercials on the radio. I.e spartan insurance. I really don't know what's the point of that if they're still asking for the insurance paper.

redskinfan
03-28-2009, 08:24 PM
U are killing me. He was not worried enough about the two girls running in to the HOSPITAL to go after them or handcuff the two guys that stayed behind. Two nurses came out to the officer that this was really happening. A plano officer came up and told the Dallas officer this was really happening.

The officer saw the car at the stop light, flash its lights then roll slowly through the redlight. How is this guy doing his job saying " I can screw you over" Is that in the police manual Einstein? The chief of police said it best that police officers must use common sense! What common sense did this guy use? Its a traffic stop. Like I said the guy was not worried about the two girls escaping! What does a officer to do when two people take off on his ass. You call for back up. They are running for a reason. Maybe he knew what was really happening and wanted to be a prick. God forbid there are no pricks in the world.

I gurantee if anyone was pulled over for any traffic stop trying to get to the hospital to see there dying mother the judge would throw out the ticket. I gurantee you that. This dumb ass officer was standing right outside the emergency room with another police officer saying its true she is dying and two nurses saying its true she is dying. The guy did not do his job right and for you to call people idiots makes me really think you are one dumb motherfucker.

You are making my point asshole, you should have stopped and said maybe he was doing his job but no you kept trying to make your point, which is probably what that cop did and yes he got in trouble for all the publicity he brought to the dept. and he probably was a prick and was beyond the point where you are about right now and trying to be right.

baseline bum
03-29-2009, 12:19 AM

I'm real surprised to hear this argument out of you. Paraphrasing your argument from the weed thread, the cold hard fact is its the law don't run red lights. It's the law you stop the car when you see the cop flash his lights and you don't run from the police car. It's the law you go to jail for evading the police. He broke the law and that's all there is to it. You can't pick and choose what laws you follow just because you think they're stupid.

jack sommerset
03-29-2009, 08:40 AM
You are making my point asshole, you should have stopped and said maybe he was doing his job but no you kept trying to make your point, which is probably what that cop did and yes he got in trouble for all the publicity he brought to the dept. and he probably was a prick and was beyond the point where you are about right now and trying to be right.

STFU stupid.

jack sommerset
03-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Dallas police chief offers apology to the Moats family

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/?z=y&nvid=345923

Obstructed_View
03-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm real surprised to hear this argument out of you. Paraphrasing your argument from the weed thread, the cold hard fact is its the law don't run red lights. It's the law you stop the car when you see the cop flash his lights and you don't run from the police car. It's the law you go to jail for evading the police. He broke the law and that's all there is to it. You can't pick and choose what laws you follow just because you think they're stupid.

The cop wasn't writing him a ticket, the cop was fucking with him, intentionally delaying him and pointing his gun at the guy's wife for trying to go into the hospital. If you aren't smart enough to know the difference, then you're not really worth the time to debate.

The Franchise
03-29-2009, 01:00 PM

Stupid ass the Cop wasn't letting him go in. As far as cops making it home, if this bitch were to end up in a ditch stinking I don't think anyone that read this story would shed a tear.

redskinfan
03-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Stupid ass the Cop wasn't letting him go in. As far as cops making it home, if this bitch were to end up in a ditch stinking I don't think anyone that read this story would shed a tear.

that's exactly what I am talking about, this profession is not easy.

baseline bum
03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
The cop wasn't writing him a ticket, the cop was fucking with him, intentionally delaying him and pointing his gun at the guy's wife for trying to go into the hospital. If you aren't smart enough to know the difference, then you're not really worth the time to debate.

The cop had every right to arrest him for evasion and to make her stay in the car by the letter of the law. Funny how you all of a sudden want to consider context now when all you gave a shit about in the other thread is the letter of the law. Show some consistency why don't you?

Harry Callahan
03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Per the Dallas Morning news

The same policeman (Powell) pulled over (former) Cowboy Zach Thomas' wife last fall. She was arrested, hand cuffed, and sent to jail while her mother had to ride in the tow truck.

Mrs. Thomas made an illegal U-Turn at North Park Mall and did not have proper insurance information. She was charged with six traffic violations, five of which were dropped.

Officer Powell seems to be quite the cop. Thousands of policeman do great work and one guy can really screw things up.

The Franchise
03-29-2009, 02:49 PM
that's exactly what I am talking about, this profession is not easy.

My point is cops like him make it ten times harder for the good ones, and shouldn't be allowed on the force to begin with. Sorry about being and asshole.

jack sommerset
03-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Per the Dallas Morning news

The same policeman (Powell) pulled over (former) Cowboy Zach Thomas' wife last fall. She was arrested, hand cuffed, and sent to jail while her mother had to ride in the tow truck.

Mrs. Thomas made an illegal U-Turn at North Park Mall and did not have proper insurance information. She was charged with six traffic violations, five of which were dropped.

Officer Powell seems to be quite the cop. Thousands of policeman do great work and one guy can really screw things up.

I'm sure he was just doing his job. Its tough for a 25 year old to write traffic tickets. I can't believe some people are actaully debating this. I am done. You think the cop is right thats a sign you are a real fuck up.

DMX7
03-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Guy was clearly on a power trip.

bostonguy
03-30-2009, 02:04 AM
My point is cops like him make it ten times harder for the good ones, and shouldn't be allowed on the force to begin with. Sorry about being and asshole.

I am in no way defending this heartless son of a bitch cop but I am curious to know why he did what he did. There is a reason for everything. Something happened in the past to make him do this. Who knows what it is. I dont think he just did this to abuse his power for the fun of it.

Creepn
03-30-2009, 03:19 AM
If they wouldve stopped where the cops first flashed his lights, NONE of those people would've been able to see their dying relative.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2009, 05:35 AM
The cop had every right to arrest him for evasion and to make her stay in the car by the letter of the law. Funny how you all of a sudden want to consider context now when all you gave a shit about in the other thread is the letter of the law. Show some consistency why don't you?

I'm showing complete consistency. Cops are given the ability to make judgments. If the cop had every right to do what he did, then why was he suspended, and why did the chief of police apologize and say he fucked up? Are you really this stupid?

rascal
03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately many cops are on a power/ego trip and often misuse their powers because in most cases they can get away with it.

rascal
03-30-2009, 11:04 AM
I am in no way defending this heartless son of a bitch cop but I am curious to know why he did what he did. There is a reason for everything. Something happened in the past to make him do this. Who knows what it is. I dont think he just did this to abuse his power for the fun of it.

Not always the case. Some cops are just on an ego trip.

Whisky Dog
03-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Whiskey Dog, have you even watched the video? This incident has been covered nationwide and police officers from various cities said the officer was out of line. The cop's own boss said he was out of line. If you watch the video anyone can see that he goes overboard with threats. Nurses came out to confirm his Mother-In-Law was on her last breath and another officer arrived on the scene and tried to calm the dickhead officer down.

Like I said in my original post, there are good, honest cops. BUT, there is a growing number who are rogue cops that are nothing but, assholes. Every police force in the country has had to relieve an officer at one time or another for bad conduct. In this day and age of video (camera's, phones, and such) all kinds of supposedly fine, upstanding community minded people are getting caught in the act. This goes for preachers, priests, cops, politicians, doctors, lawyers, bankers, school teachers, and on and on. We see or read about this on an almost daily basis where we see cops beating the crap out of a suspect, even sometimes killing the person only to find out later they had the wrong guy. Look at how many people are going free because DNA proved them innocent. I know several police officers and as far as I know they fall into the good category and deserve praise for putting their life on the line. However, if and when they cross the line then even they are NOT above the law.

This officer needs to be on unpaid (since we have actual video of the incident) suspension for now with the time and amount determined by the Dallas Police Dept. The good news is Moats wife was able to see her Mom before she passed away.

????

Go back and read what you quoted again, and again, and again if necessary until you see the flaw in what you wrote relating to what I wrote.

stretch
03-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Are you really this stupid?

yes, he is. no suprizes here.