PDA

View Full Version : The GOP Budget

Nbadan
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
You know how the GOP promised to propose a budget today, but failed to deliver?

http://tinypic.com/b6d0nk.jpg

Well, do you know when they've repromised to deliver it?

Wednesday, April 1....

ChumpDumper
03-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Props to Boehner for keeping a straight face while waving his "budget" at the press conference.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/POLITICS/03/26/budget/art.boehner2.gi.jpg

Budgets without numbers -- who said the Republicans were out of new ideas?

Nbadan
03-27-2009, 01:11 AM
...19 pages cover to cover........I've seen Yonivore plagiarize larger proposals..

PixelPusher
03-27-2009, 01:12 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/POLITICS/03/26/budget/art.boehner2.gi.jpg

"It was my understanding that there would be no math involved in this job."

Nbadan
03-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Oh there's math.......ya know.. 1+1 = 3 math... just no numbers..

Oh, Gee!!
03-27-2009, 01:19 AM
they said it was a "blueprint," but blueprints usually have numbers also

boutons_
03-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Not even some Big Picture numeros?

Not even the Big Picture on tax breaks for caps/corps rounded to nearest $T?

The Repugs and conservatives go from strength to strength ... in ridicule.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
hmmm. i seem to remember that geithner was supposed to show up with a plan a while back. i think he just said a plan was in the works instead of actually presenting a plan. also, i think the DOW lost about 300 to 400 points. let's see what happens today and compare the two.

double standard, indeed.

MannyIsGod
03-27-2009, 12:31 PM
hmmm. i seem to remember that geithner was supposed to show up with a plan a while back. i think he just said a plan was in the works instead of actually presenting a plan. also, i think the DOW lost about 300 to 400 points. let's see what happens today and compare the two.

double standard, indeed.

Double standard? I'm pretty sure Geithner got roasted just like the GOP did yesterday. The GOP isn't even happy within itself right now because members wanted to wait until they had actual numbers next week to do this but a few wanted camera time yesterday to wave their blue binders.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Geithner indeed should have been more specific in the first place. You seriously think the Republican non-plan that has no chance of passing anyway would have any effect on the markets?

MannyIsGod
03-27-2009, 12:42 PM
"Let's be honest: Yesterday's House Republican budget rollout was a P.R. disaster for the GOP... now we learn that Reps. Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan objected (http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0309/Aides_Cantor_Ryan_objected_to_GOPs_budget_blueprin t.html) to unveiling yesterday's 'blueprint' but were overruled by Reps. John Boehner and Mike Pence. But bigger than any internal disagreements or any criticism about a lack of details is the fact that yesterday's GOP non-announcement moved the attention away from the Obama-vs.-congressional Democrat storyline to the GOP's lack of a budget. In fact, after yesterday, the White House and congressional Democrats can agree on one thing: The GOP -- at least until next week -- is the 'Party of No.' What's more, it puts more pressure on Ryan to truly put out a comprehensive budget alternative; Also, this episode could end up creating a rift in the GOP over how to combat the Obama White House. After all, Senate Republicans wanted nothing to do with an alternative, and now Mitch McConnell, et al are either laughing at their House GOP colleagues, furious at them, or both."http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/03/27/1868077.aspx

If I was a Republican I'd be pissed that assholes like Pence were overriding some of few bright minds in my party like Cantor.

DarrinS
03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
It doesn't help their cause that they don't have a budget (that I know of).

But, their lack of a budget doesn't mean Obama's budget isn't troublesome.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
It doesn't help their cause that they don't have a budget (that I know of).

But, their lack of a budget doesn't mean Obama's budget isn't troublesome.It means it's the only budget.

DarrinS
03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
It means it's the only budget.

It means the GOP should get a plan together that's BETTER than the current budget, or they should STFU.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
It means the GOP should get a plan together that's BETTER than the current budget, or they should STFU.Exactly, but that's not how Boehner sees it.

DarrinS
03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Exactly, but that's not how Boehner sees it.

Is his name pronounced the way I think it's pronounced? Or, is it pronounced like Matt Bonner?

PixelPusher
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Is his name pronounced the way I think it's pronounced? Or, is it pronounced like Matt Bonner?

I think it's "correctly" pronounced "Bayee-nor", even though there's no "a" in the spelling.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Double standard? I'm pretty sure Geithner got roasted just like the GOP did yesterday. The GOP isn't even happy within itself right now because members wanted to wait until they had actual numbers next week to do this but a few wanted camera time yesterday to wave their blue binders.
it was directed to the OP

ChumpDumper
03-27-2009, 05:13 PM
I think it's "correctly" pronounced "Bayee-nor", even though there's no "a" in the spelling.Yeah, kind of an approximation of the original German.

ducks
03-27-2009, 11:16 PM
it is only a budget no one will follow

PixelPusher
03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
GRETCHEN CARLSON: I found it interesting that it was only 19 pages compared to the 142 pages of the Obama budget. Was there symbolism in that?

CANTOR: I think, Gretchen and Steve, you can take some symbolism in that.

It sure does, Congressman...it suuuuuure does.

:lmao