PDA

View Full Version : possible Pistons vs Cavs first round

j-money24
03-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Who wouldn't want to see that?
i know the cavs will most likely win.
but the pistons could give a good battle if they get it together.
as of right now cavs are the number 1 seed and most likely will stay and detriot in the 8th seed. they are tied with chicago right now and chicago has the tiebreaker but i can see the chicago taking the 7th seed, they've been playing well lately.

ducks
03-27-2009, 12:12 AM
if ai would play
pistons would have a shot at an upset
ai off the bench wow

Pistons < Spurs
03-27-2009, 12:31 AM

Piston fans.

DrHouse
03-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I gotta say looking at DET's roster....they are pretty freaking stacked when healthy.

PG: Stuckey/Bynum
SG: Hamilton/Iverson
SF: Prince/Afflalo
PF: Sheed/Hermann?
C: McDyess/Maxiell

Ghazi
03-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Cavs would win in 4-5.

Spur-Addict
03-27-2009, 12:50 AM
I'd rather see Bos Vs Det.

Kriz-Maxima
03-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Ouch.

Pistonfan1
03-27-2009, 02:51 AM
I gotta say looking at DET's roster....they are pretty freaking stacked when healthy.

PG: Stuckey/Bynum
SG: Hamilton/Iverson
SF: Prince/Afflalo
PF: Sheed/Hermann?
C: McDyess/Maxiell

Yeah if the Lakers had lost to the Pistons, you wouldnt say something like that. Stop sucking up because no one is buying it. You were crying about the refs while struggling against a short handed Piston team.

Pistonfan1
03-27-2009, 02:52 AM
I'd rather play the Magic in round 1. We can talk about our ECF matchup with the Cavs if we get everyone back healthy.

DrHouse
03-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Yeah if the Lakers had lost to the Pistons, you wouldnt say something like that. Stop sucking up because no one is buying it. You were crying about the refs while struggling against a short handed Piston team.

Correction the Laker BENCH struggled.

Riverboat gambler Phil Jackson played his cards again and almost got burned letting the 2nd unit piss away a 13pt lead in a matter of minutes.

Don't you have better things to worry about? Like your house that's now worth $18,000?

Lakers999
03-27-2009, 03:26 AM
CLEV vs BOS will the best series in the East

sorry Orlando fans but you guys smear shit with no jameer :D

Thunder Dan
03-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't think it would be that great of a matchup. I think the Pistons have mailed it in for the most part

bdubya
03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
CLEV vs BOS will the best series in the East

Probably, but the Hawks could surprise a team or two.

JamStone
03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
No one would care about that series. Even if the Pistons get healthy, they still have dysfunctional issues. They have the talent to compete with most teams, even be competitive against Cleveland, but there's too much crazy shit going on with the team. Even if Rip and Rasheed and Iverson are relatively healthy and Iverson comes off the bench willingly, the Cavs could still sweep the Pistons in a series.

The Orlando Magic would be a better match-up for the Pistons to upset a higher seed if Rasheed is healthy.

Lp26
03-27-2009, 04:34 PM
No thank you.

Bring on ORL or hell even BOS.

Spursfan092120
03-27-2009, 04:36 PM
That would be amazing. If Iverson doesn't come back, which makes Detroit better when he's not on the court, it could be an upset.

Spur-Addict
03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
If Curry put his foot down form the beginning, I don't think things would be the way they are now. I don't think it's too late, there are plenty of vets on this Det team.

wijayas
03-28-2009, 03:34 AM
i know the cavs will most likely win.
but the pistons could give a good battle if they get it together.
as of right now cavs are the number 1 seed and most likely will stay and detriot in the 8th seed. they are tied with chicago right now and chicago has the tiebreaker but i can see the chicago taking the 7th seed, they've been playing well lately.

I'd love to see this one too. The Pistons for many years own the Cavs. With all their star player healthy, Pistons will give a good fight. A motivated Sheed is hard to ignore. Keeping him motivated, that is hard.:lol

Tradition
03-28-2009, 03:51 AM
I don't think it's too late, there are plenty of vets on this Det team.

This is easily the worst Piston team in the Rasheed era. Who cares about the Vets. They are 34-37 because they just arent that good. A bad coach is a huge part of it but their roster itself isnt anything special. The fact that Rip is their leader isnt a good sign at all. Leaders are superstars and Rip isnt anywhere near that caliber. They arent turning it around. They had their time as elites but those days are over. They are out in round 1 unless they get the Magic. Then they will blow up that roster this summer and start rebuilding.

Tradition
03-28-2009, 04:02 AM
The Cavs are by far better than they were in 2007 and the Pistons are by far worse than they were in 2007. I dont see how anyone can even think the Pistons would have a realistic chance at an upset.

Lp26
03-28-2009, 04:59 AM
If Curry put his foot down form the beginning, I don't think things would be the way they are now. I don't think it's too late, there are plenty of vets on this Det team.

You're right it wouldn't have. However, it is too late. And Curry is just a bad coach which adds to the problems.

With KG's injury troubles (he's sitting out again), if DET can somehow slide into that 7th seed they will beat ORL and have a shot against BOS, but with the Bulls schedule vs. the Pistons it's looking unlikely.

If they are going to finish 8th, i'd rather they not and take the lottery pick.

tp2021
03-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd like to see Charlotte knock out KG and the Celtics.

bostonguy
03-28-2009, 02:10 PM
With KG's injury troubles (he's sitting out again), if DET can somehow slide into that 7th seed they will beat ORL and have a shot against BOS, but with the Bulls schedule vs. the Pistons it's looking unlikely.

Celts are being super cautious with KG. If this were the playoffs, he wouldn't be sitting. Doc said that himself after the game.

layupdrill
03-28-2009, 03:09 PM
You're right it wouldn't have. However, it is too late. And Curry is just a bad coach which adds to the problems.

If they are going to finish 8th, i'd rather they not and take the lottery pick.

Detroit isnt beating Orlando or Boston.

Lp26
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Detroit isnt beating Orlando or Boston.

We own ORL

Celts are being super cautious with KG. If this were the playoffs, he wouldn't be sitting. Doc said that himself after the game.

I figured it was something like that. I just remember reading something about hoe he's still having alot of pain.

JoeTait75
03-28-2009, 10:25 PM
It's amazing how underestimated Cleveland is on this forum. To hear people tell it, LeBron is overrated and shouldn't even be a candidate for MVP, let alone win it; Mike Brown is an idiot; the supporting cast sucks; they wouldn't even stand a chance against this team and that team in a series... yet they're 59-13. Very strange. I mean, I'd be the first to admit this team isn't flawless by any means, but Christ, they get talked about like they blow or something.

bdubya
03-29-2009, 09:39 AM
We own ORL

We have owned ORL. A seven-game series would probably be just the ticket for them to find a way to get that monkey off their back.

I agree they're the most likely matchup for us to survive, but it's still pretty unlikely. There's a reason they're 54-18 and we're sub-.500.

Lp26
03-29-2009, 06:23 PM
We have owned ORL. A seven-game series would probably be just the ticket for them to find a way to get that monkey off their back.

I agree they're the most likely matchup for us to survive, but it's still pretty unlikely. There's a reason they're 54-18 and we're sub-.500.

No we own ORL. We can play them with only 2 of our starters and still whip them. They are a 3-point shooting soft team.

We have the depth at the big position to match up w/ Dwight and can put Prince on either Lewis/Turkey. They can't combat it and it doesn't help that Rip will always have an advantage at guard.

ORL can't beat us in a 7 game series and are not nearly as good as people perceive them to be. They are very PHX like.Their style of play is much better suited for the reg season. Add that to their mental block against us and it's not really a contest IMO.

j-money24
04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
It's Official.
I smell upset.
Go Pistonss!

Allanon
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
This is definitely the worst 1st round matchup for the Cavs.

No matter how bad the Pistons sucked in the regular season, they still have legit stars on their team. And they have a very experienced group. One of the Cav's losses came in Detroit.

If there's an upset in the first round, this series has gotta be one of the prime candidates.

Spursfan092120
04-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Correction the Laker BENCH struggled.

Riverboat gambler Phil Jackson played his cards again and almost got burned letting the 2nd unit piss away a 13pt lead in a matter of minutes.

Don't you have better things to worry about? Like your house that's now worth $18,000?
If you live in California, your house may be worth more, but I guaran-damn-tee you you've lost more money on it than he has on his..

dirk4mvp
04-13-2009, 09:30 PM
The scent of those straws people are grabbing must be getting to their brain. Saying the Pistons could upset the Cavs is about as bad as saying one of the bottom 3 west seeds will beat the Lakers.

JamStone
04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Cavs in 5 so they can win the series at home.

Pistons might make individual games competitive, but they can't close them out.

Kriz-Maxima
04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
It will be sweep.

Allanon
04-13-2009, 09:40 PM
It will be sweep.

Pistons aren't going to be swept like chumps. They'll probably get blown out in the 1st or 2nd game but I'm guessing this series goes 6-7 games.

resistanze
04-13-2009, 09:52 PM
It really shouldn't go past 5.

JoeTait75
04-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Pistons don't score enough, aren't strong enough in the post, have no playmaker to counter LeBron, and will not be taken lightly. Cavaliers in five. I prefer this matchup to Chicago.

Pistons < Spurs
04-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Pistons in 7.

j-money24
04-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Pistons in 7.

:flag:

j.dizzle
04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Pistons mailed it in during the regular & they're extremely lazy, especially Sheed. Cleveland will most likely win in 5-6 but it'll be physical atleast. Philly would of got swept if they got 8th seed. Atleast Det/Cle dont really like each other so it'll be fun to watch haha

Allanon
04-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Pistons mailed it in during the regular & they're extremely lazy, especially Sheed. Cleveland will most likely win in 5-6 but it'll be physical atleast. Philly would of got swept if they got 8th seed. Atleast Det/Cle dont really like each other so it'll be fun to watch haha

Hahah, right on...should be fun to watch.

Very physical series, I wouldn't be surprised if a fight breaks out after a couple of hard fouls.

Lebron4MVP
04-13-2009, 11:34 PM
If the Cavs just go out there and play their game, this series should go 5 games at worse case scenario. Since beating them in the 2007 ECF, the Pistons are dramatically worse while the Cavs are dramatically better. Lebron will get anything he wants against Tayshaun which will force the Pistons to throw doubles leaving open our shooters to ass rape them. Pistons best chance for a win is game 3.