PDA

View Full Version : playoff matchups

dbestpro
03-27-2009, 05:41 AM
There are only three teams that concern me come playoff time.

First, I really do not want to face Portland. The NBA loves drama and would love to see the new take out the old. There athleticism could really be a problem.

Second, of course is the Lakers. Will any team be allowed to play playoff defense against the Lakers? If not, then you might as well gift wrap the ring and see you next year.

The third team is the Spurs. Can the big three catch fire one more time? Will Gooden get his minutes to make a difference? Can Mason and or Bonner make playoff big shots? ..........and most of all will the Spurs play playoff defense and will they be allowed to play playoff defense.

I am not worried about any other team in the least including any team from the east.

colargol
03-27-2009, 07:37 AM
+1

I don't want Portland......
young team with no hopes..... so no fears , a lot of talents......give me a team with something to loose

spursncowboys
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Portland sounds alot better than Utah. In a seven game series, young teams are the best ones to get (except maybe really crappy ones).

xtremesteven33
03-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Portland will take LA to seven games if they play....

HarlemHeat37
03-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Portland can't win on the road..inexperienced..soft..

the Lakers are the only team to worry about..but to be honest, I'm worried about the Spurs more than anything..our health is the most important aspect here..

sananspursfan21
03-27-2009, 04:44 PM
if spurs play portland, it will be last year's hornets vs. spurs series all over again!

(spurs will win, but by no means easily)

Pauleta14
03-27-2009, 05:20 PM
HONESTLY, I'm not worried about ANY team in the league!
If we are HEALTHY, no team can beat us! REALLY!

I mean we have 3 "unorthodox" stars that can't be stopped when they healthy and confident, and the best coach in he league!

You can say I'm just a homer/ not objective, whatever...

I KNOW I'M RIGHT !

Rogue
03-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Portland will take LA to seven games if they play....
they're gonna lose the series to the lakers anyway though.

Chris
03-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't mind sweeping the Jazz. Sure would make up for all those days we got burned by Stockton and Malone.

crc21209
03-27-2009, 07:07 PM
So if it came down to Portland or Utah who would you all rather have? Both could be tough, or both could be somewhat easy. Portland is a young, athletic great team at home...ala the Hornets last year and possibly could give us a trouble..but on the other hand Portland's youth could also backfire on them. Utah as we all know is a physical team who plays good defense under Jerry Sloan. They are a GREAT team at home. Now that could be used toward their advantage, but then on the other hand they are a terrible road team and could cost them come Playoff time. Really tough decision there...

HarlemHeat37
03-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I'd rather play against Utah, no question..

Oden is starting to get it together, and Pryzbilla is a solid big man..those 2 can potentially give Duncan trouble..

Utah has NO inside presence to stop Tim, and nobody to stop Tony/Manu penetration..no shot blockers, no perimeter defenders..

Utah is overrated as hell..

onarollbaby
03-27-2009, 11:02 PM
I think a healthy San Antonio Spurs team could handle any team in the league, be it LA, Boston or Cleveland. The Spurs can win it all. The only thing that worries me is that will David Sperm and the NBA allow it. Remember last season when he openly announces that he prefers an LA, Boston finale.

ducks
03-27-2009, 11:08 PM
portland will crack under pressure

I would like to sweep the blazers

John_C
03-28-2009, 03:15 AM
I'd rather have Utah than Portland. Athletically we just don't match up well with the Blazers. But it doesn't mean we can't believe the Blazers. I just don't want the Spurs to be going the distance again at the very first round of the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2009, 03:31 AM
lol i aint concerned with any of the teams in the league

a healthy sane mentally spurs team, no one can beat us.

mark of a champion
03-28-2009, 04:32 AM
I'd love to see Denver in the 1st round. We always seem to have their number. They just seem to fold under the pressure. Spurs will play a with a bigger front line in the second unit with Gooden in there which will give Denver a lot of problems. George Karl always seems to get outcoached by Pop in the big games as well. Just my 2 cents...

Obstructed_View
03-28-2009, 05:17 AM
If the Spurs are healthy and playing well, there's not a team that concerns me. If they aren't, there are seven teams that concern me.