PDA

View Full Version : Shaq disses Greg Oden

jazzypimp
03-27-2009, 03:13 PM
So what did Shaq think of Oden? "I don't. I'm a Shogun. You can't ask me about a low level ninja. I still have to worry about Yao Ming, Dwight Howard."

LOL.. Reminds me of when he said Chris Bosh was the Rupaul of Big men"

rAm
03-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Not really funny, because being a Shogun has no real bearing on being a Ninja. You don't start off a a Ninja and strive to become Shogun.

ginobili's bald spot
03-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't even think Shaq knows what a shogun is.

LEONARD
03-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Why would he mention Dwight Howard, who is a wasted draft pick???

Shogun would destroy Shaq in a street fight...
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/279907.jpg

IronMexican
03-27-2009, 03:37 PM
:lol anyone hear the Shaq imitation by Dwight Howard? It was pretty good. They just replayed it on Rome.

mogrovejo
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Shaq's right. I don't think this can be called dissing. Oden is a 2nd year backup who doesn't even average a double/double, is rarely healthy and is even slower than Shaq on the floor. Why should a future HoFer like Shaq be worried about such an insignificant player?

anjlbitz
03-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Someone forgot to log off

TheMACHINE
03-27-2009, 03:44 PM
:lol anyone hear the Shaq imitation by Dwight Howard? It was pretty good. They just replayed it on Rome.

pUkAXuZCJhQ

dirk4mvp
03-27-2009, 03:44 PM

lmao was that the one when he played the Howard Dean and that Yankees lady clip right after it? The Jungle is hilarious.

IronMexican
03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
The Jungle is definitely the best show on Radio.

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2009, 03:59 PM
the jungle is definitely the best show on radio.

+1

Purple & Gold
03-27-2009, 04:14 PM

It was perfect. He captured him perfectly. He also did Arnold pretty good sounded just like him. :lmao :lmao

Obstructed_View
03-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Shaq was put on the top 50 all time players list way before he deserved it based on hype and name recognition. At least shoguns and ninjas are both Japanese.

BlackSwordsMan
03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
so no one disagrees that oden is a lower level ninja?

rayray2k8
03-27-2009, 05:51 PM
pUkAXuZCJhQ

Not as good as this though! :D

usi8Q-w5qXA

tlongII
03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
129-109

layupdrill
03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Shaq is hilarious

wijayas
03-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Not as good as this though! :D

usi8Q-w5qXA

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao
Great. Thanks!!!

jag
03-28-2009, 03:00 AM
Not really funny, because being a Shogun has no real bearing on being a Ninja. You don't start off a a Ninja and strive to become Shogun.

Why do you know this?

SenorSpur
03-28-2009, 08:12 AM
A better question is why doesn't Shaq just STFU. His place in NBA history is secure. However, he's now deteriorated to a point where he has to take pot shots at opposing players, on his way out the door. THis is a guy who sees that the end is near and is clearly trying to keep himself relevant with his mouth, rather than his game.

His schtick has grown tiresome and he's not funny to me. Personally, I can't wait for him to go away. Of course, I'm sure he'll wind up on someone's network, so I'll probably never be totally rid of his fat ass.

balli
03-28-2009, 02:14 PM
His schtick has grown tiresome and he's not funny to me. Personally, I can't wait for him to go away.
I kind of vacillate between being extremely annoyed by Shaq and laughing a bit, but my best guess is that personally, I'll tepidly miss him when he's gone.

duncan228
03-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Just to fill it in, Shaq spoke on several of the league's big men.

Shaquille O'Neal: Critically Massive (http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2009/03/shaquille_oneal_critically_mas.html)
by Geoffrey C. Arnold

Shaquille O'Neal's career has been rejuvenated since he arrived in Phoenix last season.

The 37-year-old center's scoring and minutes averages -- 18.2 points and 30.2 minutes per game -- are his best in five seasons. Though the Suns could miss the playoffs, O'Neal has produced a solid season and was named to the All-Star team for the 15th time in his 17 NBA seasons.

With his four NBA titles, an MVP award and three NBA Finals MVP awards, O'Neal still considers himself the gold standard among current NBA centers.

"I'm the CEO of centers in this league," O'Neal said. "I'm the shogun and the rest of the guys must go through the ninjas before they get to me."

O'Neal says he gets motivated when playing against the so-called "next dominant big man." Few would be surprised if he produces an outstanding game against Blazers rookie center Greg Oden or starting center Joel Przybilla -- whom he has had a few heated encounters over the years -- in tonight's game at the Rose Garden.

When it comes to rating NBA big men, O'Neal has his own share of opinions. Here's what he had to say:

Greg Oden, Portland -- "Young guy, who looks pretty athletic. He's just have to get a go-to move, a shot he can rely on. Give him some time and he should be a great center."

Yao Ming, Houston -- "I don't think there is anybody like Yao, someone who can take over a game and change the game. Yao is a great center. With his height and his ability, he can shoot the jumper or post-up."

Tim Duncan, San Antonio -- "Tim Duncan and I share the same responsibilities, but Tim is one of those quiet owners who doesn't talk a lot. He's got four (championships) and I've got four."

Dwight Howard, Orlando -- "He's a highly respected center. I haven't really seen him back people down like (Patrick) Ewing used to do or (Kevin) Duckworth or I used to do it. He catches lobs and rebounds. He just does what he's supposed to do."

Andrew Bynum, Los Angeles Lakers -- "A big guy and he plays above the rim. He does what he's supposed to do."

Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cleveland -- "He has a lot of moves in the post. If he didn't have so many foot problems, he would have displayed those moves long before now. He can step out and shoot, post up. Great team player, great touch around the basket."

Ben Wallace, Cleveland -- "He has always been an undersized center. He'll never back down, no matter how many times you hit him. He's going to still come at you, still rebound and still fight."

Brad Miller, Sacramento -- "An undersized, but respectable center. He's more like a Tim Duncan-type forward. He can step out and shoot the jumper. He will foul you hard and will not back down."

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120822

balli
03-28-2009, 02:47 PM
You know what was funny? The other night when Shaq and Okur were greeting each other before tip off, Shaq leaned in an kissed him euro style on both cheeks. I don't know if he traditionally does that with euro centers, but :lmao That's the Shaq I'll miss.

resistanze
03-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Dwight Howard, Orlando -- "He's a highly respected center. I haven't really seen him back people down like (Patrick) Ewing used to do or (Kevin) Duckworth or I used to do it. He catches lobs and rebounds. He just does what he's supposed to do."

I knew Shaq was SpursDynasty.

PM5K
03-28-2009, 04:06 PM
That first impersonation was horrible, the second is pretty good.

Booharv
03-28-2009, 04:23 PM
129-109

Shaq: 20 and 7, Oden: 8 and 1.

itzsoweezee
03-28-2009, 04:37 PM

^^^^ takes himself too seriously.

it was a joke, man. no one gives a shit about the ninja hierarchy, lol.

MrChug
03-29-2009, 08:40 AM
He gets to do that...old decrepid HOF'r vs. current young talented underachiever.

It's funny that he put a funny spin on it instead of just saying "Yeah, he sucks".

Oden may be able to get his shit together soon, but not soon enough. He SHOULD be ready like LAST MONTH, but he wasn't.

This is not a diss...it was simply stating truth.