PDA

View Full Version : Wade Phillips Wants Cowboys to use All Three RBs

Spursfan092120
03-27-2009, 06:15 PM
-- Wade Phillips Wants Cowboys to Use All Three RBs --
Fri Mar 27, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com
The Dallas Morning News reports Cowboys HC Wade Phillips said he believes the running game will be a bigger factor for the Cowboys and wants the offensive coaches to find ways to get all three tailbacks, RB Marion Barber, RB Felix Jones, and RB Tashard Choice, involved. "If a guy can play and help your team in a certain role, you want to utilize him," Phillips said. "Not only for the team but also for the overall morale of the team that, 'Hey, I've got this role and I can help the team win,' instead of just sitting on the bench all of the time. They practice better. Everything, the chemistry of the team is better when more players contribute. I think we have that at running back."

Wow..that'd be awesome...We could use something like a Maryland I formation...

Chris
03-27-2009, 06:47 PM
All 3 are quality starting backs in this league. If you're not going to trade Choice for a better pick or something along those lines you better utilize his talent.

Spursfan092120
03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
All 3 are quality starting backs in this league. If you're not going to trade Choice for a better pick or something along those lines you better utilize his talent.
Exactly. I think the Cowboys are going to be fun as hell to watch this year...with adopting the Wildcat formation and running a 3 RB roster..I'm excited as shit..

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Excited Croc.jpg

Whisky Dog
03-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Nice, now all 3 running backs can be here to watch the secondary get toasted all year long

jack sommerset
03-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm excited as shit.

I don't know what that means but its funny as shit!

DBryant88
03-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm mad as hell
less carries for Barber= less exciting to watch

SpuronyourFace
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
If they can find the proper roles for these guys, Marion back in his closer and goal line roles, and Felix and choice splitting the other carries, that will be a formidable backfield to say the least.

stretch
04-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Start Choice. He is the most well rounded.

Use Felix as a change of pace back and for recieving.

Use Barber for bruising, short yardage, and closing.