PDA

View Full Version : The NBA season needs to be shortened

DrHouse
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
By about 10 games. 72 should be good enough.

Lars
03-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Your post count needs to be shortened by about 1332. 0 should be good enough.

IronMexican
03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I actually agree. This shit takes too long.

Trainwreck2100
03-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I actually agree. This shit takes too long.

you'd still have to wait till late April for the playoffs, if not they would conflict with the NCAA Championship

Ghazi
03-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Agree. 3 games against each conference opponent and 2 games v each non-conference opponent would work.

But who doesn't love the extra action? :king

more games = less variance

IronMexican
03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
It would save NBA bodies. Less b2b's, etc....

Holmes_Fans
03-27-2009, 08:21 PM
you'd still have to wait till late April for the playoffs, if not they would conflict with the NCAA Championship
You just start later. No one watches the NBA during football season anyways except San Antonio fans

mavs>spurs2
03-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah I think that'd definitely be a good idea for many reasons. Probably would even benefit the overall quality of the league because there would be less fatigue and fatigue related injuries, and the guys would be more fresh come playoff time.

DrHouse
03-27-2009, 08:39 PM
As someone already said nobody really watches the NBA during football season anyways.

The biggest boon would be less wear and tear on the players. We all want to see our teams at full strength come playoff time, not hobbling to the finish line.

poop
03-27-2009, 08:46 PM
i think everyone should play everyone else 2 times, once at home and once on the road.
keep it around 60 games.

oh and playoff series should be best of 3

BlackSwordsMan
03-27-2009, 08:52 PM
agreed. I don't know how anyone can watch baseball for that many games.

Allanon
03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Wait until September when you're dieing to watch an NBA game and all that's on TV is football on Sundays.

By November when the season starts, I'm getting NBA withdrawal shakes. And you want to push it off until December?

The off-season is already too long and you all want to make it longer?

BlackSwordsMan
03-27-2009, 08:57 PM
yah

BlackSwordsMan
03-27-2009, 08:57 PM
but when football and NBA is finished for the year I get sad :(

IronMexican
03-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Wait until September when you're dieing to watch an NBA game and all that's on TV is football on Sundays.

By November when the season starts, I'm getting NBA withdrawal shakes. And you want to push it off until December?

The off-season is already too long and you all want to make it longer?

Once Football season starts, nothing else matters.

Allanon
03-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Once Football season starts, nothing else matters.

Football's only on TV once a week I don't watch college Football, so I gotta wait a week to watch a game. November/December is awesome with BOTH NBA and NFL.

IronMexican
03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I like College Football more than the NBA. College Bball is pretty boring to me though. I just love watching NFL Total Acces, and everything leading to the weekend.

balli
03-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Would be great for the league. Will never happen. They should cut about 4-6 teams as well. IMO.

Trainwreck2100
03-27-2009, 09:32 PM
You just start later. No one watches the NBA during football season anyways except San Antonio fans

No shit, all i said was you'd still have to wait till late April, the only way that happens is if you start later.

Trainwreck2100
03-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Would be great for the league. Will never happen. They should cut about 4-6 teams as well. IMO.

82 games made sense when every team played inner-conference opponents 4 times and the opposite conference opponents 2 times. Cause that meant everyone in each conference had the same schedule. Then the Bobcats came and fucked it up

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Raptors, Clippers, Timberwolves, and Grizzlies wouldn't be missed

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2009, 11:57 PM
82 games made sense when every team played inner-conference opponents 4 times and the opposite conference opponents 2 times. Cause that meant everyone in each conference had the same schedule. Then the Bobcats came and fucked it up
Exactly bro...I hate that we play the Grizzlies 4 times but our rivals (San Antonio) only 3 times.

Spursmania
03-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Completely agree with shortening the season. It's way too long and way too many injuries as a result. However, the NBA is a business and it will never be shortened.

Rogue
03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
It's good for the teams and players but David Stern isn't gonna agree to do that, more games means more dollars which are very precious especially in today's limping economy.

lefty
03-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I remember back im 1993-94, David Robinson said he would have liked 60 games instead of 82.

Of course, his wish became reality during the 1996-1997 season

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2009, 12:32 AM
I remember back im 1993-94, David Robinson said he would have liked 60 games instead of 82.

Of course, his wish became reality during the 1996-1997 season
and in 99-00*

lefty
03-28-2009, 12:41 AM
and in 99-00*

I'm sure you meant 98-99 you moron :lmao

The year we swept your asses and closed the Great Western Forum?

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm sure you meant 98-99 you moron :lmao

The year we swept your asses and closed the Great Western Forum?
yeah, my bad on the year. and that sweep paled in comparison to the one you recieved in 2001. Also, we closed out the Alamadome too a year later. Touche fucker:hat

lefty
03-28-2009, 12:52 AM
yeah, my bad on the year. and that sweep paled in comparison to the one you recieved in 2001. Also, we closed out the Alamadome too a year later. Touche fucker:hat

:lol

Again, FAIL

You closed the Alamodone in 2002

And Alamodome had a short history compared to the GWF, so big deal

Double Touché :hat:hat

baseline bum
03-28-2009, 12:55 AM
As someone already said nobody really watches the NBA during football season anyways.

The biggest boon would be less wear and tear on the players. We all want to see our teams at full strength come playoff time, not hobbling to the finish line.

Speak for yourself. Why would someone in LA care more about the NFL than the Lakers when there hasn't been a team there for what, 15 years?

I love the long season; 82 games really minimizes the impact of the sloppy games that characterize the first month of every season, and weeds out bad teams who get off to quick starts but cannot keep their level of play up.

JoeTait75
03-28-2009, 01:06 AM

Longer season means you might get Bynum back, Gregory. Shorter season means you don't.

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2009, 01:07 AM
:lol

Again, FAIL

You closed the Alamodone in 2002

And Alamodome had a short history compared to the GWF, so big deal

Double Touché :hat:hat
Read the post...I said we swept you in 2001, then closed out the alamdome too "a year later." Reading comprehension 101.

I agree on the 2nd point though. The Alamodome had a brief and pretty much irrelevant history. But series-wise, no team has ever been dominated in 4 games as badly as San Antonio was in 2001. I challenge you to find a sweep even close to that kind of utter humiliation

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Longer season means you might get Bynum back, Gregory. Shorter season means you don't.
He ain't comin' back...I've pretty much accepted it. I just hope we don't get Boston in the finals cause they're the only team I believe that can expose his absence

lefty
03-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Read the post...I said we swept you in 2001, then closed out the alamdome too "a year later." Reading comprehension 101.

I agree on the 2nd point though. The Alamodome had a brief and pretty much irrelevant history. But series-wise, no team has ever been dominated in 4 games as badly as San Antonio was in 2001. I challenge you to find a sweep even close to that kind of utter humiliation

You edited your previous post

Stop bullshitting, loser

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2009, 01:53 AM
You edited your previous post

Stop bullshitting, loser
riiight, learn how to read you illiterate texas fuck...you're pissing into the wind and I'm holding the fan, loser.

wijayas
03-28-2009, 02:46 AM

10 games = $10-15 million at the gate.

boutons_
03-28-2009, 08:43 AM
less games, and less teams. There's not enough talent, players and staff, to fill out 30 organizations.

Either disenfranchise about 10 franchises and have a draft for those team's player or split the league, like they do in soccer.

Crappy teams get relegated to the B-League, whether they struggle like hell for promotion to A-league. The reduction in games comes from A and B leagues not playing each other.

m33p0
03-28-2009, 08:48 AM
if stern gets his way, he'd want more games with teams playing 5 games in 7 days every week.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Speak for yourself. Why would someone in LA care more about the NFL than the Lakers when there hasn't been a team there for what, 15 years?

I love the long season; 82 games really minimizes the impact of the sloppy games that characterize the first month of every season, and weeds out bad teams who get off to quick starts but cannot keep their level of play up.

I believe is because there are still Raiders fans in L.A . I think that the local CBS channel are still showing the raider games and have the silver and black show every Sunday mornings. I hope IronMexican could verify this or correct me if I'm wrong.

IronMexican
03-28-2009, 11:43 PM
The faggot ass Charer games now get showns her. The first 3 or 4 weeks of the season, its the Raiders. Once the Raiders start 0-3 or 1-4, the Charger games start getting aired. No more Silver and Black show being shown anymore either. They haven't showns that since about 2005.

pauls931
03-28-2009, 11:48 PM

OMG I saw Chris Dudley in that clip in your sig. I used to be a blazer fan in the early 90s (lived in northern Idaho then) and I couldn't stand him. Talk about a stiff...

IronMexican
03-28-2009, 11:55 PM
But FOX always gives us the fucking Cowbys. I am so sick of that team. I wish the Raiders were in the NFC so they had no one to compete with for ratings.

I can't stand watching Charger games either. I really fucking hate when CBS's east coast bias gives me the fucking Jets. Are you serious? the fucking Jets? why the fuck do I care about some shitty ass New York team with a pre-historic QB? I probably only get about 5 Raider games a year on CBS. The rest, I catch on strean or NFL replay.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-28-2009, 11:56 PM
The faggot ass Charer games now get showns her. The first 3 or 4 weeks of the season, its the Raiders. Once the Raiders start 0-3 or 1-4, the Charger games start getting aired. No more Silver and Black show being shown anymore either. They haven't showns that since about 2005.

That freakin' sucks, I remember when I was in LA back in 03', cause of my work,and watching the games and that silver black show. I don't know why are they showing chargers games. The raiders have a much bigger fanbase than the chargers in LA and in SD. Something tells me that this year the raiders are going to do something, at least try to make it as a wild car. Well see what happens

JoeTait75
03-29-2009, 12:02 AM
OMG I saw Chris Dudley in that clip in your sig. I used to be a blazer fan in the early 90s (lived in northern Idaho then) and I couldn't stand him. Talk about a stiff...

If you thought Chris Dudley was a stiff in Portland, you should have seen him when he started his career in Cleveland.

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 12:04 AM
I'd cry if they made the Wild Card. The Raiders mean about a million times more than the Lakers and Dodgers to me. It just sucks that for the past 6 years, they've blown complete ass. And a lot of the banwagoners are now Charger fans. I still think there are slightly more Raider fans in LA. I'll be on the Raider wagon wether they go 0-16 or 16-0, though.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-29-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd cry if they made the Wild Card. The Raiders mean about a million times more than the Lakers and Dodgers to me. It just sucks that for the past 6 years, they've blown complete ass. And a lot of the banwagoners are now Charger fans. I still think there are slightly more Raider fans in LA. I'll be on the Raider wagon wether they go 0-16 or 16-0, though.

Not me bro, it would be easy for me to jump on the cowbitches bandwagon since I'm sorrounded by their fans, but no. I was a Raider fan before their last super bowl appearance and after this last six years im still and plan to be a raider fan for life. Like they say win lose or tie, raider till' I die. I'm a true LA fan and I put the raiders first, lakers second, and dodgers third. And I know the haters are going to come and say they're the Oakland raiders, but at least they did play in LA.