PDA

View Full Version : Team You Don’t Want In The First Round: Portland

tlongII
03-28-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/sports/basketball/The-Team-You-Dont-Want-In-The-First-Round-Portland.html

Pity the Houston Rockets, who could be bounced in the first round of the NBA playoffs.

Maybe that is a bad example because the Rockets slump every year right after tax day, just like the swallows coming back to Capistrano. But we could just as well end up pitying San Antonio or Denver or New Orleans.

We should pity whoever gets the Portland Trailblazers in the first round, because that is going to be one tough out and is likely to go seven games.

The young Blazers have turned the Rose Garden into a fortress, having recently beat the Lakers, Spurs and last night the Suns there. And the Spurs and Suns didn’t just lose, they got blown out. The Suns came in a team desperate for wins just to make the playoffs, and they were down 8 at halftime and just got steamrolled in the third quarter.

To beat the Blazers in a best of seven, you had better defend your home court because you know they are going to defend theirs. Portland is 29-7 at home and starting to play their best basketball now. After years of disappointment in Portland — from the era of the “jailblazers” to the struggles of Greg Oden — they are ready to rally behind their team. That arena is going to e rockin’ for the first round.

And the Blazers have the talent to steal a game on the road, too. Brandon Roy is one of the best, most physical ball handling guards in the league. Not only can he drive with quickness, but he is so strong it is hard to keep him off the spots he wants to get to on the floor.

LaMarcus Aldridge has quietly become one of the best, most efficient power forwards in the game. Steve Blake can bomb away from deep if you collapse your defense on Roy or Aldridge. The Blazers have one of the most active benches around, with Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriguez, not to mention the ball of energy that is Travis Outlaw.

And all of those guys just seem to play a little better in the Pacific Northwest.

The Eastern Conference has more championship-caliber teams at the top, but there is nobody in the bottom half of the bracket that remotely scares Boston or Cleveland. The first round in the East will be primarily exercise for the best teams. The West may only have the Lakers as contenders, but rest assured they do not want Portland in the first round. Los Angeles hasn’t won in Portland in four years.

And they don’t want to have to find out how to do it in the playoffs. Nobody does. Which is why we should pity Houston — the current match up — or whoever draws the Blazers in the first round. There may not be a second round for them.

Ghazi
03-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Portland's too soft for Houston.

Indazone
03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
I think that the Rockets would very much like the Portland team. I don't think the Blazers can beat this Rockets squad.

layupdrill
03-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Blazers vs Rockets would be a great series

The Franchise
03-28-2009, 10:58 AM

It wouldn't go more than five. We are a matchup problem for them, like Utah is a matchup problem for us.

dirk4mvp
03-28-2009, 11:03 AM
If there was a team the Mavs could hand pick, it'd be these chumps.

lil_penny
03-28-2009, 11:33 AM

I don't think id mind the mavs in the playoffs being as they usually play worse in the playoffs than they do in the regular season. Don't get me wrong the mavs are usually a awesome regular season team.

BlackSwordsMan
03-28-2009, 11:36 AM
first time in 8 years rockets leave the 1st round

Spursmania
03-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Young teams tend to implode at the first signs of real pressure. Portland is still going nowhere this year. Brag all you want about regular season games. You'll join the ranks of teams who just remember could of, would of, should ofs...:toast

21_Blessings
03-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Oden will retire ringless*, unlike Bynum.

*As long as he remains a JailBlazer

tomtom
03-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Blazers I think have the best chance of an upset out of the bottom 4 right now

Roxsfan
03-28-2009, 01:04 PM
The blazers are a joke. Bring it motherfuckers.

poop
03-28-2009, 01:38 PM
sounds like they are getting too big for their britches lately. they will get a reality check in the playoffs

sook
03-28-2009, 01:41 PM
i actually found this pretty funny. Hey if Pryz thinks he can guard Yao than sure.

GuerillaBlack
03-28-2009, 01:56 PM
I'd love a Houston-Portland matchup. Absolutely love it. Portland thinks they are the shit now. Reality will hit them like a ton of bricks come playoff time.

Bob Lanier
03-28-2009, 02:02 PM
drive with quickness
Is that like a Royale with Cheese?

Lars
03-28-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't know why you keep posting this. Everyone wants Portland in the first round.

lefty
03-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Blazers suck major donkey ass

Kust kidding

I like this Blazers team

Matchman
03-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Portland will be our favorite matchup. Oden and Przbilla is too slow to do fronting on Yao and Yao will have a field day on defense because neither of the Blazers' centers can step out and shoot the jumpshots. Roy is playing great and he plays physical but so does Artest and Roy doesnt have the speed to blow pass him. the only concern i have is Aldridge but hes not going to win the series alone

Lars
03-28-2009, 07:44 PM
We struggled in game one vs Portland because McGrady was still hobbling around court and Aldridge was torching us, shooting nearly 80% with Scola guarding him. Game two, McGrady was gone and a switch was made to give Hayes time on Aldridge which pretty much shut him down. Bottom line is we have lockdown defenders at all positions where Portland is strong, and Portland can't contain Yao. That is a strong advantage for Houston.

lil_penny
03-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Aaron brooks quickness and yoa being well yoa, are two huge mismatches for portland, houston is playing great ball together after puting the mcgrady headache to the side for the rest of this season they are a scary team in my eyes.

Hook Dem
03-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Just Tlong11 jizzing in his cheerios again!:lol

djohn2oo8
03-29-2009, 10:08 AM
w7RqgOo3hj0

and you think rockets are afraid of sir-flop-a-lot???

HEY INDAZONE, PUT THAT JESSICA ALBA SIG BACK UP PLZ!!!

LakeShow
03-29-2009, 10:59 AM
It really doesn't matter but the one team I would prefer not to see the Lakers play is the Suns. My boy Shaq could raise havoc without a healthy Bynum.

Spursfan092120
03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Rockets in 5...MAYBE 6.

Spursfan092120
03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
:tu

tlongII
03-29-2009, 12:36 PM
The Blazers would CRUSH Houston. The Rockets don't have any offense.

GuerillaBlack
03-29-2009, 12:41 PM
LOL, I hope we play the Blazers.

The Franchise
03-29-2009, 12:48 PM
The Blazers would CRUSH Houston. The Rockets don't have any offense.

It's nice to dream, but we would leave that Patchy shit that Roy calls a beard white and crusty. I'm so confident that I am willing to bet you my rights to post at Spurstalk ever again pending a victory. Whoever Portland faces they will lose but I would love to see these tender hoes in the first round.

tlongII
03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
It's nice to dream, but we would leave that Patchy shit that Roy calls a beard white and crusty. I'm so confident that I am willing to bet you my rights to post at Spurstalk ever again pending a victory. Whoever Portland faces they will lose but I would love to see these tender hoes in the first round.

Dude, I'm sorry but the Rockets suck. They got no big-time superstar to raise the level of his game in the playoffs. Yao? PUHLEEASE! Artest looks like he's lost a step and he can't keep up with Roy. Aldridge would make Scola his bitch.

sook
03-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Dude, I'm sorry but the Rockets suck. They got no big-time superstar to raise the level of his game in the playoffs. Yao? PUHLEEASE! Artest looks like he's lost a step and he can't keep up with Roy. Aldridge would make Scola his bitch.

The rockets shot close to 25% while playing Utah at their place. The Jazz were only up 5 mostly while shooting close to 48%. I'm not going to say you're wrong, their offense doesn't suck, just inconsistent. But they have something that isn't, and that is their defense. Roy maybe one of my fav players now but did he forget about how Artest bullied him and made him a noonfactor last game?

The Franchise
03-29-2009, 03:18 PM
The rockets shot close to 25% while playing Utah at their place. The Jazz were only up 5 mostly while shooting close to 48%. I'm not going to say you're wrong, their offense doesn't suck, just inconsistent. But they have something that isn't, and that is their defense. Roy maybe one of my fav players now but did he forget about how Artest bullied him and made him a noonfactor last game?

If we play the Blazers I wouldn't be suprised if we swept them. They got one victory against us(the first one in quite a while) when we were at our absolute worst and that somehow shows their ready to beat us? Reality is going to crush him like a ton of bricks, and I'm going to be there to help with the autopsy.

GuerillaBlack
03-29-2009, 03:20 PM
I really, REALLY hope we play the Blazers. I hope the seedings stay exactly how they are now (doubt it, but it's a possibility). I want the Blazers in the first round.

Pelicans78
03-29-2009, 03:29 PM
2 through 6 in the West is pretty even right now.

Roxsfan
03-29-2009, 03:37 PM

sorry, but you and the the blazers suck. You are delusional, mmkay. I fucking cant wait for the postseason and the thought of getting the blazers in the first round. That is guaranteed 2nd round material for the rox. Omg, bring it bitch.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 03:39 PM
2 through 6 in the West is pretty even right now.

Disagreed. Spurs and Rockets are a cut above the other teams. JMO.

sook
03-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I think in a 7 Game series the Mavericks could beat Portland this year, Dirk is a tested playoff Vet while the Blazers have none...

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 03:57 PM
didnt you get the memo Dirk is just a white Antoine Walker at this stage of his career.

sook
03-29-2009, 04:08 PM
didnt you get the memo Dirk is just a white Antoine Walker at this stage of his career.
He is a big time playoff performer. He will elevate his game

tlongII
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
The Rockets will freeze like deer in headlights when the playoffs start. They always do.

ElNono
03-29-2009, 05:22 PM
I'll take Portland in the first round... where do I sign?
I would prioritize Denver, but if it can't happen Portland sounds great.

djohn2oo8
03-29-2009, 06:13 PM
When was the last time Portland has been to the playoffs???
Blazers will fold like some beoootcheesss

Roxsfan
03-29-2009, 11:41 PM
The Rockets will freeze like deer in headlights when the playoffs start. They always do.

sorry, but you're always here bragging about your faggot team and each time you do the Rox or some other team rips your team another vagina.

Fuck you and fuck the blazers.

tlongII
03-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Houston has over-achieved this season. If you're a Rockets fan just be happy you made the playoffs.

Austin_Toros
03-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Why wouldn't you want to play an Oden-less jail blazers?

The Franchise
03-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Portland has over-achieved this season. If you're a Blazer fan just be happy you made the playoffs and had the privilege of losing.

:toast

Indazone
03-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Rockets vs these toothless Blazers and Spurs vs the Jazz. This would make me happy.

Rogue
03-30-2009, 08:39 AM
when? not very long after the last time the rockets made the second round.

djohn2oo8
03-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Houston has over-achieved this season. If you're a Rockets fan just be happy you made the playoffs.

How's Kevin Durant coming along for yall, oh wait!!!:depressed

tlongII
03-30-2009, 09:23 AM

We get to introduce Mr. Oden to you next time we play.

ElNono
03-30-2009, 09:26 AM

Who?

Rogue
03-30-2009, 09:31 AM
who is kevin durant? is he the damn good oversized SF that averages over 20pts this season, just like Rudy Gay who was traded to grizzlies in 06 by the rockets?

Indazone
03-30-2009, 09:41 AM

Cracks faster than a flying vase. Splinters in more directions than a blizzard in winter. Look up in the sky! It's Odenman. The man of glass!

tlongII
03-30-2009, 10:02 AM
He will break Yao in 2.

The Franchise
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
He will break Yao in 2.

No gay references please. :p:

djohn2oo8
03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
who is kevin durant? is he the damn good oversized SF that averages over 20pts this season, just like Rudy Gay who was traded to grizzlies in 06 by the rockets?

The Rudy Gay who said he wants to continue playing for a bad team so he can pad his stats??? We're better off with Artest and Battier

Double-Up
03-30-2009, 11:29 AM
He will break Yao in 2.

Quit waisting you time, Portland is young and inexperienced and most teams will give them a thrashing in the first round, even the Rockets. Now please take Oden's cock out your mouth so you can respond...

lil_penny
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM

damn even with being out of the playoffs for 4 years the blazers have still seen the 2nd round more recently:lmao

Houston:
2008 -- lost to Utah, 4-2, first round

2007 -- lost to Utah, 4-3, first round

2005 -- lost to Dallas, 4-3, first round

2004 -- lost to LA Lakers, 4-1, first round

1999 -- lost to LA Lakers, 3-1, first round

1998 -- lost to Utah, 3-2, in first round

tlongII
03-30-2009, 01:46 PM
I would love to see the Rockets play Utah in the 1st round. The entire city of Houston would be on suicide watch. :lol

sook
03-30-2009, 01:59 PM
lol at rockets over achieving in reference to the blazers :lol

Who the fuck are like half those guys on your roster? Sorry, but when about 90% of your players have no experience whatsoever, and if you rely on that Low Level Ninja what ever the fuck his name is, i feel sorry for you.

Oh and TLong, i hope you play the Lakers when you become the 8 seed again. That is much more of a rivalry :lmao

tlongII
03-30-2009, 02:01 PM
LOL at Rockets fans thinking their experience at losing in the playoffs is a good thing! :lol

Double-Up
03-30-2009, 03:39 PM
LOL at Rockets fans thinking their experience at losing in the playoffs is a good thing! :lol

When is the last time the Blazer's won a ring??? 1977?? Come on now...the Jailblazers...err Trailblazers haven't been relevent in decades. I though Yao was made of glass but yo boy Oden makes Yao look like an iron man. Portland will continue to suck until they get a low post offensive threat, in the playoffs all their jumpshooting will come back in bite them in the cunt. :p::p::p:

Double-Up
03-30-2009, 03:43 PM

What's your point? A wanna be fucking internet tough guy, don't be mad because the Mavs suck water buffalo dick and your SF, J-Hoe is a dopefiend/dumbass. :lol

djohn2oo8
03-30-2009, 03:51 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/oden-dance.jpg

Roxsfan
03-30-2009, 08:41 PM

OMG, is he going to come out in a wheel chair or a dress or both.........AINT NOBODY, aint nobody, I say, aint no MOTHERFUCKING body afraid of Mr Oh den. or the Blazers.

Blazer Training staff: You just broke your leg Ohden
Oh den: Oh, den I guess I'm not playing.:lmao

Roxsfan
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM

Listen you dumb fuck, Gay was never a rocket, and his selection by the rox in the draft and subsequent trading of his draft rights was part of the pre-draft deal b/t the rox and the griz you fucking idiot. You make it sound like we had some bad ass that WE wanted and drafted and then gave him away:rolleyes

Roxsfan
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I would love to see the Rockets play Utah in the 1st round. The entire city of Houston would be on suicide watch. :lol

yes, they are a bad matchup for us but last year if we had the services of Yao, and Alston, and a non-injured Battier--we would have won.

Portland sux and I hope we get them in the first round..........

Rogue
03-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Listen you dumb fuck, Gay was never a rocket, and his selection by the rox in the draft and subsequent trading of his draft rights was part of the pre-draft deal b/t the rox and the griz you fucking idiot. You make it sound like we had some bad ass that WE wanted and drafted and then gave him away:rolleyes
son please spit the shit out of your mouth, or just swallow the shit before you say anything. who the fuck cares that much about the rockets? save your dirty words for the clutchfans, and then you will learn how foolish it is to root for the rockets.

Rogue
03-31-2009, 06:18 AM
The Rudy Gay who said he wants to continue playing for a bad team so he can pad his stats??? We're better off with Artest and Battier
your vbookie cash also reflects the value of yourself djohn. it was smart of you to move out of a shit and came to a country where everyone has the rights to express their own viewpoints in a free way. :toast

The rockets did a good job on 06's draft night, although they missed Rudy Gay who is much better than any player on today's rockets team. At least they didn't make a terrible mistake like that they made in 02. with the no.1 pick on 02's draft night, the rockets made probably the worst draft choice of nba's history. They drafted a shit, what's worse is that shit has brought millions of idiots onto rockets' bandwagon.