PDA

View Full Version : question involving ATnT center 'chant'

poop
03-28-2009, 11:48 AM
im sure many of you have noticed this...but right before tipoff, and then again at the end of the game(if we win), the PA anouncer sings this line to the apparent tune of 'nani-nani-boo-boo'...its like NA, NA, NA-NA, NA! NA, NA, NA-NA, NA! it is done in a seemingly taunting manner. it sounds like a 6-year old has got ahold of the mic or something. i cant tell what hes actually saying but HOLY SHIT it is SO DAMN ANNOYING!!

do you know what im talking about? THIS HAS GOT TO STOP

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Are you talking about the intro song "Halftime" by the Ying Yang Twins? It has a chorus line that goes "Stand up and get crunk." They've been playing it right before tipoff and after every win for awhile now.

Spursmania
03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
im sure many of you have noticed this...but right before tipoff, and then again at the end of the game(if we win), the PA anouncer sings this line to the apparent tune of 'nani-nani-boo-boo'...its like NA, NA, NA-NA, NA! NA, NA, NA-NA, NA! it is done in a seemingly taunting manner. it sounds like a 6-year old has got ahold of the mic or something. i cant tell what hes actually saying but HOLY SHIT it is SO DAMN ANNOYING!!

do you know what im talking about? THIS HAS GOT TO STOP

I'm not sure what song you mean. I know I would get annoyed as hell if they had that type of song before tip-off. I'm a season ticket holder and go to most games. There is no nani-nani- boo-boo song AT ALL before tip off. Now, I haul ass right after the game, so I don't stick around to hear what they are playing at the end, so I cannot confirm or deny what they play at the end of the games. They actually have a cool pre-tip off tune that most fans get into. I don't know what the hell it's called, but it sure as hell ain't no nanni nanni boo boo shit.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure what song you mean. I know I would get annoyed as hell if they had that type of song before tip-off. I'm a season ticket holder and go to most games. There is no nani-nani- boo-boo song AT ALL before tip off. Now, I haul ass right after the game, so I don't stick around to hear what they are playing at the end, so I cannot confirm or deny what they play at the end of the games. They actually have a cool pre-tip off tune that most fans get into. I don't know what the hell it's called, but it sure as hell ain't no nanni nanni boo boo shit.

It IS "Halftime" by the Ying Yang Twins, and they play it before every tip-off and after every win. Sorry you don't like it, but most of the crowd does--the track does a good job getting everyone pumped up for tipoff, and it's a nice capper after a win (and this coming from a guy who has mostly Christian and Country music on his iPod lol). To each his own, I guess, but the song's been around for awhile now and will be at least to the end of this season.

Texas_Ranger
03-28-2009, 12:21 PM
AN5zvLI512I

completely deck
03-28-2009, 12:25 PM
if you don't think that song is good you should probably reevaluate yourself

besides, they could go back to their old song...

superbigtime
03-28-2009, 12:55 PM
I like it. They have been playing that at least a year or two; you're catching on a little late man.

MaNu4Tres
03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
lol na na na na?? lol stand up get it crunk by ying yang twins has been the song before tipoff and after the game for about 4 years now...anyfan who hasn't noticed this I wouldn't really consider a real fan. No pun entended.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 01:00 PM

besides, they could go back to their old song...

lol, you mean "Are You Ready for This"? I'm probably one of few Spurs fans that actually liked that song, but I agree the current combo of "Let It Rock" for player intros and "Halftime" for tipoff is an improvement!

poop
03-28-2009, 01:17 PM
yep its that song i recognize it. the thing is, from TV all you can hear is the Chorus, which the new announcer yells over the PA. so you dont really hear the 'song' you just hear the damn announcer going 'NA, NA, NA-NA, NA' and it sounds so fucking gay.

poop
03-28-2009, 01:19 PM

actually, if you are into 'music' like that then you are probably a primitive person who is leaning closer to tribal ape-like man than modern civilized humanity.

jag
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
actually, if you are into 'music' like that then you are probably a primitive person who is leaning closer to tribal ape-like man than modern civilized humanity.

You want them to play Bach after wins? What the hell are you still complaining about?

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
yep its that song i recognize it. the thing is, from TV all you can hear is the Chorus, which the new announcer yells over the PA. so you dont really hear the 'song' you just hear the damn announcer going 'NA, NA, NA-NA, NA' and it sounds so fucking gay.

I really don't know where you're getting that the announcer yells it over the PA. That's just the way the song sounds. I'm no fan of the PA announcer, either, but I promise you he's not shouting that song through the PA system.

Kori Ellis
03-28-2009, 01:46 PM
I really don't know where you're getting that the announcer yells it over the PA. That's just the way the song sounds. I'm no fan of the PA announcer, either, but I promise you he's not shouting that song through the PA system.

:lol

I was going to say the same thing. The PA announcer isn't involved.

SequSpur
03-28-2009, 01:49 PM
racists..

deadratsam
03-28-2009, 01:50 PM
I think I remember hearing this played at a game some time back.

80vYCO_wtsk

balli
03-28-2009, 01:52 PM
actually, if you are into 'music' like that
Yeah, that song's no good, but what arena anthem isn't? It's perfect for pre-tip off. Beats Who Let the Dogs Out.

timvp
03-28-2009, 01:53 PM
What is that furry dog looking thing with the big eyes who sometimes finds his way to the sidelines?

poop
03-28-2009, 01:56 PM
You want them to play Bach after wins? What the hell are you still complaining about?

well actually, someone there knows their stuff because they actually play alot of Dream theater there, which is awesome and fits the mood perfectly.
theres no place for cheap gangsta rap at a spurs game, thats the last thing the NBA needs if they are going to move away from their 'thug balla' image

Kori Ellis
03-28-2009, 02:04 PM
well actually, someone there knows their stuff because they actually play alot of Dream theater there, which is awesome and fits the mood perfectly.
theres no place for cheap gangsta rap at a spurs game, thats the last thing the NBA needs if they are going to move away from their 'thug balla' image

So, do you realize now that the PA announcer isn't screaming it?

Anyway, Ying Yang Twins aren't cheap. :lol

poop
03-28-2009, 02:18 PM
well on TV it sounds exactly like the PA guy. thats all you hear anyway.

and yes, that type of 'music' is cheap disposable garbage, requiring no actual talent to make, made by and for the more undesirable portion of society.

Kori Ellis
03-28-2009, 02:35 PM

and yes, that type of 'music' is cheap disposable garbage, requiring no actual talent to make, made by and for the more undesirable portion of society.

You shouldn't watch the NBA since you hate black people who like rap.

balli
03-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I'd like to see your ignorant ass run a production studio. Fucking asshole.

timvp
03-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I gotta hand it to poop for having the most apropos screen name on SpursTalk. It gives a fair warning of what's ahead. Compared to his past contributions, this is probably his best work. :tu

jag
03-28-2009, 02:45 PM

Wow.

This discussion obviously isn't about music anymore. Does it bother you that no one else agrees with your point of view...does it make you feel lonely?

sananspursfan21
03-28-2009, 02:59 PM

rap and hip hop takes talent. try to mix drum beats like they do. try to rap with good tone and fluidity like most do.... anyways, about the topic....

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!

exstatic
03-28-2009, 03:27 PM
What is that furry dog looking thing with the big eyes who sometimes finds his way to the sidelines?

I gotta hand it to poop for having the most apropos screen name on SpursTalk. It gives a fair warning of what's ahead. Compared to his past contributions, this is probably his best work. :tu

:lol LJ rounding into playoff form.

Spursmania
03-28-2009, 03:31 PM
It IS "Halftime" by the Ying Yang Twins, and they play it before every tip-off and after every win. Sorry you don't like it, but most of the crowd does--the track does a good job getting everyone pumped up for tipoff, and it's a nice capper after a win (and this coming from a guy who has mostly Christian and Country music on his iPod lol). To each his own, I guess, but the song's been around for awhile now and will be at least to the end of this season.

:tuCool. Knew I liked it, but had no idea what it was titled. Thanks.
Why does Poop think it sounds like nanni-nanni-boo boo??

Spursmania
03-28-2009, 03:33 PM
AN5zvLI512I

Yep, that's it and I love it!:toast

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Well sorry the song doesn't float your boat, but you're decidedly in the minority on this one, and you might as well get used to it. Like I said before, I'm no hip-hop or rap apologist, but to call everyone who happens to like that style an "undesirable portion of society" is ludicrous. Plenty of people I know, both young and old, like to listen to that style of music, and their just as upstanding as you no doubt assume yourself to be.

braeden0613
03-28-2009, 03:37 PM
This thread= major fail.

I generally hate hip-hop and rap but this song really does get you pumped up for the game. If i hear it anywhere else I automatically think of the Spurs.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 03:38 PM
:tuCool. Knew I liked it, but had no idea what it was titled. Thanks.
Why does Poop think it sounds like nanni-nanni-boo boo??

Because Poop's willfully ignorant, woefully uninformed, or just plain tone-deaf.

rayray2k8
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
That intro doesn't bother me one bit..
With that racist remark you just made, you should consider
stop watching basketball, since ALL arenas play that "type"
of music and the majority of the players are black.
Which is surprising with all the bitching and moaning you
did back when Pops was waived, since he's black..
Go root for the Jazz since half of their team is white
and Deron Williams is light skin. :rolleyes

sananspursfan21
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
rap and hip hop takes talent. try to mix drum beats like they do. try to rap with good tone and fluidity like most do.... anyways, about the topic....

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!

huh, thought it would be locked by now, guess not!

Chris
03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I always wondered what that song was seeing as how its been our theme for so many years. It's catchy and I shake my booty to it every time the Spurs win. So at least this thread served informative purposes for those uninformed.

poop
03-28-2009, 04:10 PM
bahahaha so me thinking rap is shit = i hate black people?

oh brother, the racist guy is usually the first one to pull the race card.

oh and if i dont like rap then i should stop watching basketball? hahahahahahah

a racist who loves the spurs hahahahahha

i feel sorry for people who actually consider that stuff 'good music'...that fact is very telling.

Sausage
03-28-2009, 04:14 PM

i feel sorry for people who actually consider that stuff 'good music'...that fact is very telling.

What is your opinion on a good stadium anthem to pump up the crowd before a game? You seem to be the only person with a problem with the song selection.

itzsoweezee
03-28-2009, 04:21 PM

go back to listening to wayne newton, and then suck on a tailpipe.

completely deck
03-28-2009, 04:26 PM

You're absolutely retarded.

completely deck
03-28-2009, 04:28 PM

Uh, that's Fab :lol

..or a hairy Allen Iverson.

..or Robin Williams is a Spurs fan.

Dro210
03-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I love when I hear "Standddddd Upppppp and Get CRUNK!!!!"

It means we're either about to whoop some ass, or we just whooped some ass... and I'm about to get crunk

Rappin' V-Span
03-28-2009, 06:40 PM

If you aint down with Greece and KBP, then aint down with Rappin V
If you aint down with Greece and KBP, then aint down with Rappin V

Here I go...

I normally hate Americans, but here's the scoop
For once no lies and you truly are poop
From Greece to Houston, KBP once flew
But if this forum was a shoe, then smeared on the bottom is you

You say, "hey relax", but V-Span says pleeaseeeeee
Your post is much worse than rotted feta cheese
On this forums nuts, get off of deazzzzzz
You sound more gay then when kittens sneeze

Come to Greece where the weather is tropic
Please do damn "search" before you start a new topic
KBP might be hate, but you are worse
I bet you are idiot that come up with "Los Spurs":lol

Now that you know how SpursTalk be
Don't step out of line or you deal with me
So I am done with you, I tell you to hush
If you were your name, I would do a courtesy flush

I am glad to see even forum owner now say exactly what I say all along. Now all idiots who call me "liar" or "stupid greek with small wiener" owe me apology. I only rap about guys who rap about me first, so I treat them the same.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I am glad to see even forum owner now say exactly what I say all along. Now all idiots who call me "liar" or "stupid greek with small wiener" owe me apology. I only rap about guys who rap about me first, so I treat them the same.

Hey V, what part of Greece are you from? I lived there for two years up by Larisa and Tyrnavos (my dad was NATO for a while). Great country, loved the climate, culture, and the people (Spanakopita is AMAZING!)

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2009, 07:09 PM
so why is hip hop is dead?

Spursfan092120
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Shit...Stand up and Get Crunk is my ringtone.

ATXSPUR
03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Do you actually know what "gangsta rap" is? Or is that just a synonym for anything associated with Hip-Hop to you?

Dunc n Dave
03-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm a pastie white 33 year old guy with a college degree and I love the Ying-Yang Twins. I'd much rather hear "Halftime" every game than that techno "Ya'll Ready for This" crap.

Leetonidas
03-28-2009, 11:00 PM

No.

That kinda does though.

Ditty
03-28-2009, 11:40 PM
why dont they just play guns and roses "in the jungle"

that would be alot better

or back in 2005 during the playoff wins at home a remix of "we will rock you"

Summers
03-28-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm beginning to think Poop is a troll.

balli
03-28-2009, 11:56 PM
No.

That kinda does though.
Leet, Dark Side's the shit and all, but what happened to Franco and Rogen? Over so soon?

phyzik
03-29-2009, 12:06 AM
http://www.kianming.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/epic-fail2.jpg

Chris
03-29-2009, 12:57 AM
hahaha :rollin

Summers
03-29-2009, 10:34 AM
why dont they just play guns and roses "in the jungle"

that would be alot better

or back in 2005 during the playoff wins at home a remix of "we will rock you"

They play Welcome to the Jungle at the beginning of the 4th.

Sausage
03-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't remember when this was exactly, but a couple years ago I went to a Spurs game and they played Drowning Pool's "The Game" at the beginning of the game. It was pretty cool, but I haven't heard that in a while.

Obstructed_View
03-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Damn, people! Since the fans now don't know if they're all ready for this, how else would they know when they are supposed to stand up and/or get crunk?

Obstructed_View
03-29-2009, 11:30 AM
They play Welcome to the Jungle at the beginning of the 4th.

Thank God. I pictured Axl Rose singing "Ah-weem-ah-weh, ah-weem-ah-weh".

Bukefal
03-29-2009, 11:34 AM
How can someone actually like and listen to those ying yang garbage twins :P lolllllll

rayray2k8
03-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I think this is what he's complaining about, he wants "ya'll ready for this" to come
back...
You wanna talk about lame, I wonder what's in his MP3 player? Welcome to honky ville.
And yes, poop is a troll, he just doesn't know.

Interrohater
03-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Personally, I think it's funny that this dude thinks that he's at an elevated state of consciousness, yet his forum name is "poop".

Also, his comments are pretty racist. You say that shit about mariachi music and it's on sucka!

rasho8
03-29-2009, 03:57 PM
After the 2007 games in Cleveland I was hoping they would use the 'Imperial March' for every game. Kind of sucks when the music you get for your team in the opponents place is better than what you get at home.