* Brock Larson vs. Jesse Sanders
* Nick Catone vs. Tim Credeur
* Nissen Osterneck vs. Jorge Rivera
* Rob Kimmons vs. Joe Vedepo
* Tim McKenzie vs. Aaron Simpson
* Ryan Jensen vs. Steve Steinbeiss

LEONARD
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Pulling hard for Kampmann...Condit is good, but annoys me...

Lots of UFC newbs...Osterneck FTW

dbreiden83080
03-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Real Curious about Junie..

Evan
03-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Real Curious about Junie..

I hate it but I want him to win

djohn14
03-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
* Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero
* Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tyson Griffin
* Junie Browning vs. Cole Miller

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-televised)

* Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau-This should be on there over dos anjos-griffin
* Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich

dallaskd
03-29-2009, 12:47 PM
MAIN CARD (Televised)

* Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann

* Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau

Bader-Marrero will be a snooozeee fest

cornbread
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Condit
Bader
Griffin
Miller

I really hope Cole Miller puts a beatdown on Junie. I also hope some of those pre-lims make it to air. There's some good fights on there.

Evan
03-29-2009, 03:13 PM
I really hope Cole Miller puts a beatdown on Junie. I also hope some of those pre-lims make it to air. There's some good fights on there.

I just don't get why Spike doesn't show every fight...their programming is horrid and useless.

dbreiden83080
03-29-2009, 03:20 PM
I just don't get why Spike doesn't show every fight...their programming is horrid and useless.

So true, without the UFC they have nothing really anyone is watching..

Evan
03-29-2009, 03:34 PM
So true, without the UFC they have nothing really anyone is watching..

ZERO unless you're 15 years old and like seeing guys fall off skate boards and crack their nuts on rails or freaking CSI reruns.

I understand they don't want to rely on 1 type of programming for their network to live but making every fight 3 1/2 hours and perhaps a half hour pre/post fight show just makes sense. At the very least give us a post fight wrap up. Treat it like a real sport.

dbreiden83080
03-29-2009, 04:16 PM
ZERO unless you're 15 years old and like seeing guys fall off skate boards and crack their nuts on rails or freaking CSI reruns.

LOL

I understand they don't want to rely on 1 type of programming for their network to live but making every fight 3 1/2 hours and perhaps a half hour pre/post fight show just makes sense. At the very least give us a post fight wrap up. Treat it like a real sport.

Totally agree i don't get why they don't make the shows more in depth, i wonder if the UFC has even pushed for that?

LEONARD
03-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Good stuff from Tracy Lee as always...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/words/gdetail.php?id=156

oligarchy
03-31-2009, 06:02 PM
* Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann

* Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau

LEONARD
03-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann - pulling for Martin...love that guy
Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tyson Griffin
Junie Browning vs. Cole Miller

Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich
Brock Larson vs. Jesse Sanders
Nick Catone vs. Tim Credeur
Nissen Osterneck vs. Jorge Rivera
Rob Kimmons vs. Joe Vedepo
Tim McKenzie vs. Aaron Simpson
Ryan Jensen vs. Steve Steinbeiss[/QUOTE]

Evan
04-01-2009, 06:40 AM
* Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann < don't have a good read on this one

Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich < really pulling for Matt
Brock Larson vs. Jesse Sanders
Nick Catone vs. Tim Credeur
Nissen Osterneck vs. Jorge Rivera

desflood
04-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Ryan Jensen out - tested positive for Adderall.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/3/31/817291/ryan-jenson-not-cleared-to-fight

Honestly, can Adderall boost your performance so much that it should be banned? One of you ADHD sufferers (I know there's at least one on here, we're a spazzy group) tell me the truth.

ATRAIN
04-01-2009, 08:56 AM

dbreiden83080
04-01-2009, 09:24 AM

I don't know why i am picking Junie, Cole is probably gonna win, but what the hell??

ATRAIN
04-01-2009, 09:28 AM

I don't know why i am picking Junie, Cole is probably gonna win, but what the hell??

Junie is gonna get smashed and I hope it happens

LEONARD
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Weigh-in Pics
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/view_album.php?id=1645

dallaskd
04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Ryan Jensen out - tested positive for Adderall.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/3/31/817291/ryan-jenson-not-cleared-to-fight

Honestly, can Adderall boost your performance so much that it should be banned? One of you ADHD sufferers (I know there's at least one on here, we're a spazzy group) tell me the truth.

I used to take it, not for ADHD, but it helps you stay up at night studying or staying alert in class/at work.

LEONARD
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Ryan Jensen is a dumbass...

Credeur just got yanked last minute for the same shit last year...hello!!!

dallaskd
04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
And Im pretty sure it doesnt even stay in your system that long. He must have just taken some..

LEONARD
04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Making him that much more of a dumbass...

dallaskd
04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Performance-enhancing use:

Due to side effects including appetite suppression and weight loss, Adderall has also been used as an off-label drug for obesity.

Adderall is also reportedly widely used as a "study drug" at many American universities. Adderall is reported to help focus energy and concentration to a much higher level than normal. It enables the user to focus and stay awake.[29] Stories of students writing papers continuously for an unusually long time, or "cramming" all night for an exam with no loss of energy or concentration are common. However, the user reportedly can suffer from drastic side effects the following day if Adderall was used to avoid a normal sleep pattern. "In extreme cases, the drug can cause paranoia, hallucinations and heart attacks."[29] William Frankenberger, psychology professor at University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire, led at a study at the university in 2004 that reported 14% of the campus had abused some form of ADHD drug, including Adderall.[29]. College campuses known to be highly competitive or have a high rate of binge drinking had up to 25% of students who misused an ADHD medication within one year, a survey of students at 119 colleges across the country concluded. Other forms of ADHD medication used as a performance enhancing drug include methylphenidate preparations, such as Ritalin and Concerta.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has banned athletes in the state from using Adderall. Tim Credeur was removed from a UFC fight on the finale of The Ultimate Fighter 7 because of a positive drug test due to his use of it.

Im guessing he used it for weight loss..

Evan
04-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Totally agree i don't get why they don't make the shows more in depth, i wonder if the UFC has even pushed for that?

That had that show with Joe Rogan that failed miserably...but that was just some sort of 5 episode trial thing.

Evan
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Condit kept giving up his neck...moron...he would have won had he done it a couple less times.

dbreiden83080
04-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Condit kept giving up his neck...moron...he would have won had he done it a couple less times.

HE still won IMO, he did way more damage, and was basically dominant in the stand-up. They both got takedowns. I had it 29-28 for him..

robbie380
04-01-2009, 10:42 PM
i thought condit won the fight too but it was close and he did get caught in too many good looking submission attempts.

dos anjos should have won his fight if he would have actually fought to his strengths (aka the ground) rather than trying to stand against griffin. he was destroying griffin when he actually got it to the ground but the only times it went there was when griffin took it there. dumb dumb game plan from dos anjos.

ATRAIN
04-02-2009, 12:34 AM

Perfect pics AGAIN!! Im catching up to you John!!

polandprzem
04-02-2009, 05:29 AM
damn I thought I put the prediction on this card

LEONARD
04-02-2009, 08:09 AM
F you Junie...I'd have an extra $320 in my pocket if he'd won...fucker.

Kampman - Condit was great...hated to see either guy lose really. Condit is still young and can be a player in the division over the next few years...

dbreiden83080
04-02-2009, 09:51 AM
F you Junie...I'd have an extra $320 in my pocket if he'd won...fucker.

Kampman - Condit was great...hated to see either guy lose really. Condit is still young and can be a player in the division over the next few years...

Junie looked so friggin shitty last night. Cole is a good fighter, but man Junie doesn't look much better than he was on the show.

djohn14
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I though Condit could have won, but I have no problem with the win going to Kampman. I see what the judges are thinking, and I agree.

dallaskd
04-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Perfect pics AGAIN!! Im catching up to you John!!

I was perfect for the second ufc card in a row.

oligarchy
04-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Bader sucks.

LEONARD
04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Bader blew out his knee in the 1st round...

oligarchy
04-02-2009, 08:31 PM
So he sucks and blew out his knee. Maybe he will quit MMA. No need for another wrestler with a shitty stand-up game to make UFC fucking boring.

LEONARD
04-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Wow...

oligarchy
04-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Wow? What's so WOW about that? I guess you like watching fights where the guy does nothing. He took him down.. yippie! On the feet, what did he do? That's why he took him down. What did he do on the ground? Nothing.

Condit and Kampmann exemplifies what MMA is about. Great action standing up, great action the ground. TONS of disciplines being displayed.

Griffin and Dos Anjos was also a good showing of multiple disciplines and wasn't tons of lulls in action.

Now, a one-sided fighter should have a great all around ground game and not just ground control. Maybe you disagree, but if I want to watch someone lay on top of someone else, I will just cover my son with a blanket and watch him sleep.

LEONARD
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm certainly NOT a fan of the 1 dimensional lay and pray wrestler...I hate them actually. But he's a young guy that has all the physical tools to turn into a beast once he develops. He blew through TUF with:

Ryan Bader defeats Kyle Kingsbury with an arm triangle in the second round.
Ryan Bader defeats Tom Lawlor by knock out in the first round.
Ryan Bader defeats Eliot Marshall by unanimous Decision after the third round.
Bader defeated Magalhães by TKO due to punches in the first round.

Finished 3 out of 4…not bad for a “lay and pray” guy.

So he messes up his knee in rd 1 and doesn’t finish a tough veteran guy and he should just quit MMA? Really? Makes a lot of sense.

Did you say Rashad Evans "sucked" when he came off TUF? Or Koscheck??

oligarchy
04-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm certainly NOT a fan of the 1 dimensional lay and pray wrestler...I hate them actually. But he's a young guy that has all the physical tools to turn into a beast once he develops. He blew through TUF with:

Ryan Bader defeats Kyle Kingsbury with an arm triangle in the second round.
Ryan Bader defeats Tom Lawlor by knock out in the first round.
Ryan Bader defeats Eliot Marshall by unanimous Decision after the third round.
Bader defeated Magalhães by TKO due to punches in the first round.

Finished 3 out of 4…not bad for a “lay and pray” guy.

So he messes up his knee in rd 1 and doesn’t finish a tough veteran guy and he should just quit MMA? Really? Makes a lot of sense.

Did you say Rashad Evans "sucked" when he came off TUF? Or Koscheck??
The quit MMA thing was sardonic. He is a good prospect. Absolutely about Evans and Koscheck. I would have preferred to not watch them develop through the ufc. Maybe that's me wanting to watch a quality product. Sure he may be great someday, but I would rather see them fight their way up like other professional sports.

Evan
04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Sure he may be great someday, but I would rather see them fight their way up like other professional sports.

Thats kinda what SpikeTV fights are tho.

LEONARD
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Yep...

The quit MMA thing was sardonic. He is a good prospect. Absolutely about Evans and Koscheck. I would have preferred to not watch them develop through the ufc. Maybe that's me wanting to watch a quality product. Sure he may be great someday, but I would rather see them fight their way up like other professional sports.

Finished 2/3 on TUF and 1/2 in the UFC...he's no Tyson Griffin or Sean Sherk...

Evan
04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
SpikeTV and WEC on versus (for the most part) are like NCAA football on Saturdays.

UFC PPV is the NFL version of Monday Night Football

The UFC has various degrees skill the present but since the sport is so new they kinda present it all the same right now until it gains more leverage. Give it time.

I love TUF and I consider it a NCAA tournament even though you have to sit through some eye rolling moments every episode.

djohn14
04-03-2009, 09:04 PM
SpikeTV and WEC on versus (for the most part) are like NCAA football on Saturdays.

UFC PPV is the NFL version of Monday Night Football

The UFC has various degrees skill the present but since the sport is so new they kinda present it all the same right now until it gains more leverage. Give it time.

I love TUF and I consider it a NCAA tournament even though you have to sit through some eye rolling moments every episode.
Lol and the Japanese promotions are like Arena Football. Very entertaining, but its not the real deal.

oligarchy
04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Thats kinda what SpikeTV fights are tho.

Not really, alot of those guys are so green it's not even funny. The ones that have made it have taken a few years to get to the point they are at. Even so, just like minor leagues, there are always going to be the guys who are going to be good no matter what and can be thrown in against whoever and come out on top.

I'm not saying it doesn't have it's place, but I liked how other systems were feeders before Elite messed up that model and displaced so many fighters.

Finished 2/3 on TUF and 1/2 in the UFC...he's no Tyson Griffin or Sean Sherk...

I'm not quite sure what that means. You are saying winning 4 or 5 years ago and taking almost that amount of time to beat the top people means TUF is a great way to bring talent? Again, read what I said above, there will be exceptions. Just like College Hoops, there's some that are NBA ready, some even out of High School, but not all.

I find Tyson entertaining and he also fought at 145 and beat Faber who was considered one of the top fighters. He doesn't bore me.

LEONARD
04-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm not quite sure what that means. You are saying winning 4 or 5 years ago and taking almost that amount of time to beat the top people means TUF is a great way to bring talent? Again, read what I said above, there will be exceptions. Just like College Hoops, there's some that are NBA ready, some even out of High School, but not all.

I'm saying he finishes fights...he's 9-0 with only 2 decisions. Not your typical "lay and pray" guy that takes people down and rides out a decision...

I find Tyson entertaining and he also fought at 145 and beat Faber who was considered one of the top fighters. He doesn't bore me.

Tyson beat Faber at 155 actually...still a good win, but Faber is no LW...

I'm a big Tyson Griffin fan, but he does catch some grief for being a decision machine (7 of 8 UFC fights to a decision). He too is a wrestler with a still evolving game.

oligarchy
04-04-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm saying he finishes fights...he's 9-0 with only 2 decisions. Not your typical "lay and pray" guy that takes people down and rides out a decision...

Jake O'Brien won his first however many by KO...

LEONARD
04-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I guess you like watching fights where the guy does nothing. He took him down.. yippie! On the feet, what did he do? That's why he took him down. What did he do on the ground? Nothing.

http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&w=550&cs=1&s=658FD336-1422-0E8C-9A2CEA02280AC942.jpg

oligarchy
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&w=550&cs=1&s=658FD336-1422-0E8C-9A2CEA02280AC942.jpg

You can tell the guys he's submitted must really suck, because that is an awful setup. I wouldn't use that as evidence of a ground game.

You should put up pictures of him punching too.. he did that as well. So, I also lied that he did nothing on his feet.

:lol

LEONARD
04-04-2009, 05:22 PM
He damn near finished that armbar. It's evidence that he did SOMETHING on the ground, which you said he didn't do.

I don't disagree that his stand-up needs work, but I don't see him as a "lay and pray" guy...he was very active on the ground, especially early on...

oligarchy
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
He damn near finished that armbar. It's evidence that he did SOMETHING on the ground, which you said he didn't do.

I don't disagree that his stand-up needs work, but I don't see him as a "lay and pray" guy...he was very active on the ground, especially early on...

eh.. agree to disagree. He's a few years away.

LEONARD
04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
He's a few years away.

I actually agree with that, if you're talking about being a possible contender...I'm just saying that he doesn't "suck" and he's a little more skilled than what you're giving him credit for... ;)

Evan
04-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Just a week after "Ultimate Fighter" winner Ryan Bader got his first win following the finale of the reality show, it appears he will have to go through rehab for torn MCL and PCL ligaments in his knee.

Bader confirmed the injury to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday, but added that while both are torn, it appears that he will not require surgery for the injury.

"One of the first takedowns, I was passing from half-guard trying to pass to side control, and I just heard my knee pop, which isn't a big deal because they pop every once in a while," Bader told MMAWeekly.com after the fight against Carmelo Marrero.

"I stood back up and I felt that it was really, really loose. It didn't really do too much as far as impeding me in the fight or anything like that, but it was starting to swell up a little bit."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8540&zoneid=13