PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Worked, Applied Or Is Currently Working For The City Right Now?

davi78239
03-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I applied for a couple of jobs with San Antonio about a month ago and the status on about 4 of them still says Forwarded To Department. It's been like that for the whole month and wanted to know if maybe their application status just takes a while or what. I figured it would of longed changed to Not Selected if I was out of the running. Any info would help. Thanks!

ploto
03-28-2009, 11:13 PM
I have never worked for the city of SA, but I did work for a different one, and then the time from when I applied to my actual first day of work was three months! I think you can call the human resources person listed on the job opening to check and see if it has been filled.

Destro
03-28-2009, 11:23 PM
gov jobs at all levels take a long time to fill, city, state, federal. they are all slow. Since better performance doesn't equate to a raise you get a culture of slow turn around (which isn't always a bad thing)

Sapphire
03-28-2009, 11:31 PM
I think there is a hiring freeze in the city of SA right now--except for police and fire personnel.

The freeze will not affect positions that were posted on the city's online "Job Board" as of March 17.

The Express-News article is not available for some reason.......but here ya go:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/politics/2009/03/city-institutes.html

Jekka
03-28-2009, 11:59 PM
It was like 6 weeks between the receipt of my application and my first day on the job with the city - and it started off as part time. Just give it some more time if you can.

Don Quixote
03-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Dude ... that's gummint work for you. Mediocrity is the norm. I've been waiting to find about several opening with the City of New Orleans, but since I am not affiliated with ACORN, I probably will not get them.