PDA

View Full Version : They had me worried for a second!

Hooks
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Lakers fans trying to say that losing Bynum was equivalent to the Spurs losing Manu :rollin.

I forgot how much Manu did for this team while he was out, I remembered the offense he provided but forgot about all the OTHER stuff he does. How much better he makes the guys around him, how well he can penetrate against anybody, how good of a defender he is (he's got active hands!), how he energizes the team and creates shots for other people, and can take over games all by himself. I also forgot the fact that he can drain 3's and run the PG position pretty damn well.... AND is almost unguardable. I'm sure I left other stuff out that he does for this team... Losing Bynum is the same as losing Manu?! :nope

I was actually starting to believe the Lakers fans that Bynum meant as much to the Lakers as Manu does to the Spurs, I'm not sure why but I'm glad all that was erased when I saw Manu playing again. It may have been against the Clippers, but still it had shown what Manu can do.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Manu is a better player right now than Bynum.

But Bynum's overall impact on the team is equivalent to Manu's impact on the team. The primary reasons being Defense and the fact that the Lakers bench flat out sucks when Bynum's out.

Manu brings an instant positive boxscore, Bynum brings back players 6-10 in the Lakers rotation.

robot89
03-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Bynum's overall impact on the team is equivalent to Manu's impact on the team///

Get the fuck out of here.... Not even CLOSE

LoneStarState'sPride
03-28-2009, 06:10 PM
From a pure scoring standpoint, us losing Manu would be equivalent to l.a. losing Kobe--after all, Manu was our leading scorer last season.

As for the intangibles Manu brings, he is without peer in the league, in my opinion.

mabrignani
03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
bynum is garbage, he will never play 82 games in one season his whole career

Allanon
03-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Manu's back, Bynum will be back, we shall see.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Manu has never played 82 games either, I wouldn't say he's "garbage".

new_N_town
03-28-2009, 06:42 PM

y do you post on this site

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2009, 06:47 PM
I have to disagree with Allanon, although he brings up good points..

the Spurs simply value our big 3 more than any other team in the NBA does..our system is based entirely on their play making, because we don't have any other players that can consistently create their own shots, or make plays for their teammates..

Allanon
03-28-2009, 06:48 PM
y do you post on this site

y do you post on this site?

mabrignani
03-28-2009, 06:51 PM
ginobili has only played less than 65 games once, and that is this year. bynum has one season where he played 82 games...but he sucked that season. one year he never made it to 40gp the other two he had 46gp....barely half a season.
his stats, like him are garbage too

Allanon
03-28-2009, 06:54 PM
ginobili has only played less than 65 games once, and that is this year. bynum has one season where he played 82 games...but he sucked that season. one year he never made it to 40gp the other two he had 46gp....barely half a season.
stats are garbage too

You said Bynum is garbage because he will never play all 82 games (which he already has). As shown by Manu, who has never played 82 games, this doesn't automatically make him garbage.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:04 PM
the Spurs simply value our big 3 more than any other team in the NBA does..our system is based entirely on their play making, because we don't have any other players that can consistently create their own shots, or make plays for their teammates..

I can understand your point of view. The Spurs do rely heavily on the Big 3.

I think most people looking at Bynum just think of his numbers but I think his impact isn't in his numbers but what he does for the rotation. The Lakers pre-Bynum injury had one of the best benches in the NBA. But since Bynum went out, the Laker's bench has been one of the worst in the NBA.

Simply put with Bynum out, both Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza became starters. What was once a very deep Lakers team became Starters & Scrubs. Sasha/Farmar/Luke/Powell/mBenga is actually a pretty crappy bench.

The Spurs, even without Manu, have a very good bench this year. Right now, the Spurs are a deeper team than the Bynum-less Lakers.

Spursfan092120
03-28-2009, 07:09 PM
::sneezing:: bullshit.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
::sneezing:: bullshit.

Gesundheit motherfucker.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/emanuel_ginobili/career_stats.html

Joe Schmoogins
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM

But Bynum's overall impact on the team is equivalent to Manu's impact on the team.

if you honestly think this you know nothing about basketball... I keep wanting to think you are an intelligent poster, and then you post homer nonsense like this.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
if you honestly think this you know nothing about basketball... I keep wanting to think you are an intelligent poster, and then you post homer nonsense like this.

Manu is already back and Bynum will be back by the WCF. The winner of the WCF should pretty much tell us about our respective basketball intelligence levels.

jason1301
03-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Gesundheit motherfucker.

huh!

Manu averages 18 playoffs games each year, Bynum only 3!!!

Take your biased logic elsewhere.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:21 PM
huh!

Manu averages 18 playoffs games each year, Bynum only 3!!!

Take your biased logic elsewhere.

Why are you talking about the Playoffs? Didn't you read the post up there? It says 82 game season, not the Playoffs.

Please learn to read first.

Manu has NEVER played 82 games in one season.

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Manu is already back and Bynum will be back by the WCF. The winner of the WCF should pretty much tell us about our respective basketball intelligence levels.

Because the Lakers have a better team, that makes you more intelligent?

ElNono
03-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Gesundheit motherfucker.

Do you know how to count? He has played over 82 games every season except '05-'06... this season would be the second time in his entire career that he's not going to make 82 games

ElNono
03-28-2009, 07:25 PM

A full season includes playoffs. That it doesn't help your argument doesn't make it any less true.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Do you know how to count? He has played over 82 games every season except '05-'06... this season would be the second time in his entire career.

Do you know how to read?

Please copy and paste where it says he played over 82 games in 1 season.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
A full season includes playoffs. That it doesn't help your argument doesn't make it any less true.

What is a post-season?

ElNono
03-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Do you know how to read?

Please copy and paste where it says he played over 82 games in 1 season.

02-03: 93 games
03-04: 87 games
04-05: 97 games
05-06: 78 games
06-07: 97 games
07-08: 91 games
08-09: ???

ElNono
03-28-2009, 07:28 PM
What is a post-season?

The later part of the season?

ElNono
03-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Why is it called the 'regular season', instead of just 'the season'?

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
The later part of the season?

Nope.

Post means "After". So Post-season means After the season.

You're better than this Nono, you and I both know it.

jason1301
03-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Why are you talking about the Playoffs? Didn't you read the post up there? It says 82 game season, not the Playoffs.

you read too much into it dude, let me tell you something regular season means nothing if you cant win during playoffs. Who cares if Manu hasn't had an 82 game season. He averages 17 playoffs games, thats what matters the most.

Oh and we are talking who means more to his respective team.

I would take Manu and his 17 playoff games, over the three games. Thanks but Bynum so far is just garbage.

Wake up buddy Bynum was never important to this Lakers team to begin with. Potential is all he has, don't act like he is on par with proven vets like Manu.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:38 PM

Not at all, I"m saying in a basketball sense. People are saying I'm stupid for thinking Bynum can create as much of an impact as Manu.

It shows that Manu's return did not offset Bynum's return or that Bynum's return did not offset Manu's return. One way or the other, we'll find out who made the bigger impact. If Manu's the savior, he'll put the Spurs over the top. If Bynum's the savior, he'll put the Lakers over the top.

ElNono
03-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Nope.

Sorry, I call a full season both the regular season and playoffs. At the very end, he has played over 82 games every single year of his career except for one, and now it's going to be two. He has actually played over 90 games every year, except two, which makes the whole 'Ginobili is injury prone' argument retarded, and by extension, any comparison with Bynum idiotic at best.
Who is Bynum? What has he ever done, other than wrestle a $80 million contract?

mazerrackham
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
It's so worthless to have this discussion. Manu is not garbage, and neither is Bynum, and fans of the opposite team are going to argue until they grow wrinkles about who is more important to their team. Agree to disagree and stop name-calling like middle schoolers.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry, I call a full season both the regular season and playoffs. At the very end, he has played over 82 games every single year of his career except for one, and now it's going to be two.

You're a stubborn disappointment. No point in arguing with you.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Manu is not garbage, and neither is Bynum, and fans of the opposite team are going to argue until they grow wrinkles about who is more important to their team.

Smart man. I agree.

ElNono
03-28-2009, 07:41 PM
You're a stubborn disappointment. No point in arguing with you.

There's nothing to argue about. You made a point and it proved to be not true.
And please answer the question. What did Bynum ever do? Has he even played a playoff game yet?

Mal
03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
But Bynum's overall impact on the team is equivalent to Manu's impact on the team. .

Bullshiiit

jason1301
03-28-2009, 07:45 PM
There's nothing to argue about. You made a point and it proved to be not true.
And please answer the question. What did Bynum ever do? Has he even played a playoff game yet?

exactly, he can't!

Allanon
03-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Bullshiiit

We'll find out in the WCF.

mabrignani
03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
sure the nigga has been apart of the lakers team for 82 games in a season but he never in his years has been close to ginobili's worst season

Mal
03-28-2009, 08:08 PM

Bynum gives only depth to Lakers. He is not an impact. Using Bynum means Mbenga will be bench. Odom and whole Lakers are good enough.

mabrignani
03-28-2009, 08:12 PM

if the fakes make it there

Allanon
03-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Bynum gives only depth to Lakers. He is not an impact. Using Bynum means Mbenga will be bench. Odom and whole Lakers are good enough.

That's exactly it. It's the impact, not Bynum himself. Bynum can score 0 points and still be a huge impact.

With Bynum back, the Lakers also get Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic back. The Lakers bench has been sucking ever since Bynum went down because the bench lost Ariza + Odom (they both became starters).

It's the net effect of Bynum's return, it's not about his boxscore.

Luke will go back to the starting lineup which minimizes his weaknesses. Ariza+Odom will rejoin Farmar/Sasha on the bench which instantly makes the bench a very dangerous unit, not the useless mofo's they are right now.

Bynum's return changes the Lakers from a 5 man team back to the 10 man team they were before he went down.

To me, that's a huge impact. Look beyond the boxscore fellas.

IronMexican
03-28-2009, 08:21 PM

Glad to see you finally get it:toast

BlackSwordsMan
03-28-2009, 08:23 PM
4 rings faggot

Brazil
03-28-2009, 08:37 PM

But Bynum's overall impact on the team is equivalent to Manu's impact on the team. The primary reasons being Defense and the fact that the Lakers bench flat out sucks when Bynum's out.

Manu brings an instant positive boxscore, Bynum brings back players 6-10 in the Lakers rotation.

I remember you Allanon that you are on the spurs bandwagon and on the spurs bandwagon we don't say manu impact is equivalent to Bynum impact.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I remember you Allanon that you are on the spurs bandwagon and on the spurs bandwagon we don't say manu impact is equivalent to Bynum impact.

Hey, I said Manu > Bynum and I said that the Spurs will be champs if they beat the Lakers (another thread).

Ok sir. I'll shut my mouth until the Playoffs out of respect for you. :toast

AussieFanKurt
03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Allanon gets my respect.

Mal
03-28-2009, 08:56 PM
That's exactly it. It's the impact, not Bynum himself. Bynum can score 0 points and still be a huge impact.

With Bynum back, the Lakers also get Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic back. The Lakers bench has been sucking ever since Bynum went down because the bench lost Ariza + Odom (they both became starters).

It's the net effect of Bynum's return, it's not about his boxscore.

Luke will go back to the starting lineup which minimizes his weaknesses. Ariza+Odom will rejoin Farmar/Sasha on the bench which instantly makes the bench a very dangerous unit, not the useless mofo's they are right now.

Bynum's return changes the Lakers from a 5 man team back to the 10 man team they were before he went down.

To me, that's a huge impact. Look beyond the boxscore fellas.

If that your point of view, I would agree with that. Don`t know Lakers rotation or chemistry, to have own judgement.

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Glad to see you finally get it:toast

:blah

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Not at all, I"m saying in a basketball sense. People are saying I'm stupid for thinking Bynum can create as much of an impact as Manu.

It shows that Manu's return did not offset Bynum's return or that Bynum's return did not offset Manu's return. One way or the other, we'll find out who made the bigger impact. If Manu's the savior, he'll put the Spurs over the top. If Bynum's the savior, he'll put the Lakers over the top.

The Lakers right now without Bynum are still better than Spurs with Manu, so what does this prove?

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Allanon gets my respect.

I like Allanon, but keep in mind some of the things he said:

1) Lakers will win 70 + games this year
2) Oklahoma was a threat in the west
3) Memphis would make the playoffs or at least battle for the 8th seed
4) Same for the T-Wolves

That is just to name a few.

DrHouse
03-28-2009, 09:31 PM
A 2-way center will always be able to impact the game in more ways than a perimeter player ever could. What Bynum can do on the defensive end Manu can never replicate. Manu can never alter shots, grab boards, and patrol the paint the way a 2-way center can. It's because of this that people say Bynum's overall impact is roughly equivalent to Ginobili.

It doesn't have so much to do with scoring points. Bynum brings balance to the Lakers and ensures there is very little dropoff between the bench and the starters. If anyone has watched the Lakers recently you'll notice a disturbing trend in which the bench is outright blowing 15 pts leads left and right. Bynum coming back either moves him or Lamar to the bench which instantly improves that problem.

Personally I don't believe Bynum's impact is equivalent to that of Manu's for the Spurs simply because the Lakers can replicate most of what Bynum brings with Gasol+Odom. The Spurs simply aren't that deep and have no one that really approaches Ginobili's level of talent.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2009, 09:37 PM
A 2-way center will always be able to impact the game in more ways than a perimeter player ever could. What Bynum can do on the defensive end Manu can never replicate. Manu can never alter shots, grab boards, and patrol the paint the way a 2-way center can. It's because of this that people say Bynum's overall impact is roughly equivalent to Ginobili.

It doesn't have so much to do with scoring points. Bynum brings balance to the Lakers and ensures there is very little dropoff between the bench and the starters. If anyone has watched the Lakers recently you'll notice a disturbing trend in which the bench is outright blowing 15 pts leads left and right. Bynum coming back either moves him or Lamar to the bench which instantly improves that problem.

Personally I don't believe Bynum's impact is equivalent to that of Manu's for the Spurs simply because the Lakers can replicate most of what Bynum brings with Gasol+Odom. The Spurs simply aren't that deep and have no one that really approaches Ginobili's level of talent.

The biggest difference in the Ginobili/Bynum argument is this:

Ginobili is a playmaker plain and simple. Nothing he does can really be replicated by anyone else on the team. He's got the best outside/inside combination of anyone on the team. Take away his 3's he can penetrate. Take away his inside shot and he will beat you from the outside. He's also an efficient rebounder for a guard and his passing ability is nothing to scoff at.

Bynum can be an effective shot blocker, but his rebounding is pretty inconsistent. I'm sure it'll improve with his age, but Bynum plays well in spurts and I think has motivation issues.

If anything, you can argue the Lakers are better offensively without him, seeing as how the team plays much more high tempo without him in the lineup.

Does Bynum help the Lakers? Absolutely, he's a shot blocker and he can seal up the paint. But I don't think it's even close to compare what Bynum brings to the table for the Lakers, compared to what Ginobili brings.

Without Bynum, the Lakers can get to the finals.

Without Ginobili, the Spurs aren't getting out of round 1.

If you trade Bynum for Ginobili, I think the Lakers improvement would be better than the Spurs improvement.

I'd put money on that.

Stand
03-28-2009, 10:21 PM
A 2-way center will always be able to impact the game in more ways than a perimeter player ever could.

So is Bynum able to impact a game more than Kobe?

Allanon
03-28-2009, 10:32 PM
The Lakers right now without Bynum are still better than Spurs with Manu, so what does this prove?

I'm not sure about this. I think right now the Spurs with Manu are better than the Lakers right now without Bynum. At best, it's pretty even.

Lakers last year were better than the Lakers at this minute. Lakers bench right now is very disappointing...worse than last year. Lakers can't say they even have a useable 6th man right now, it's that bad.

xtremesteven33
03-28-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm not sure about this. I think right now the Spurs with Manu are better than the Lakers right now without Bynum.

Lakers last year were better than the Lakers at this minute. Lakers bench right now is very disappointing...worse than last year. Lakers can't say they even have a useable 6th man right now, it's that bad.

i agree.

Lakers without Bynum is a HUGE loss. He was on his way to be a great center in this league and to loss him POSSIBLY for the season will cost them the West IMHO.

Spurs are showing they have the Defense and the sufficient amount of offense to hang with anyone in the league right now.

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure about this. I think right now the Spurs with Manu are better than the Lakers right now without Bynum. At best, it's pretty even.

In 10 games going into the playoffs (depending on health) we can re-evaluate, but as things currently stand (Duncan still hurt, Manu rusty), the Lakers are better.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 10:49 PM
the Lakers are better.

If you say so :lol

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 10:51 PM
If you say so :lol

?

NewJerSpur
03-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Bynum has improved his offense on the block this season and has shown he can and will get after it on the boards. His rebounding might be somewhat affected by defenders swarming to Kobe when he attempts a shot but the post game is more from time put in during the offseason. Not to sure about the brains. I think the Lakers will try to build around him rather than trade him (unless Kobe still wants Jason Kidd), but some of those perimeter guys won't be so safe.

Allanon
03-28-2009, 10:57 PM
?

I just don't think the Lakers are very good right now, but if you think the Lakers are better, I'm not gonna argue... :lol

Lakers are still winning but their wins are against bad teams. All those blown leads are pretty much the bench's doing, including that loss to the Sixers.

Spur-Addict
03-28-2009, 11:00 PM
:lmao

This thread has gold written all over it.

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I just don't think the Lakers are very good right now, but if you think the Lakers are better, I'm not gonna argue... :lol

Lakers are still winning but their wins are against bad teams. All those blown leads are pretty much the bench's doing, including that loss to the Sixers.

Ya, but there is a difference between "not playing well" and "not as good". Lakers are just coasting. Kobe is just conserving energy and his team is playing like him, problem is they are not as good as Kobe so they cannot afford to slack.

The Lakers have passed every conceivable test this regular season, they have nothing left to prove in it.

NewJerSpur
03-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Ya, but there is a difference between "not playing well" and "not as good". Lakers are just coasting. Kobe is just conserving energy and his team is playing like him, problem is they are not as good as Kobe so they cannot afford to slack.

The Lakers have passed every conceivable test this regular season, they have nothing left to prove in it.

He's right about their bench not being as good as it was last season.

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 11:07 PM
He's right about their bench not being as good as it was last season.

Yes, but everyone else is better. Look at the standings.

NewJerSpur
03-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Ariza and Odom are playing with as much consistency as I've ever seen from each of them and Kobe & Pao are still Kobe & Pao, but Farmar and Sasha have struggled a bit and Powell hasn't shown anything that will indicate he'll be a serious factor come crunch time. Not having Vlad and possibly Bynum come playoff time may expose them a bit.

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Ariza and Odom are playing with as much consistency as I've ever seen from each of them and Kobe & Pao are still Kobe & Pao, but Farmar and Sasha have struggled a bit and Powell hasn't shown anything that will indicate he'll be a serious factor come crunch time. Not having Vlad and possibly Bynum come playoff time may expose them a bit.

I agree. I did not say they are a perfect team, but as things stand today, with Tim and Manu's health still up in the air and the rotations still whacky, you give the edge to the Lakers.

If both teams are fully healthy, you give the edge to the Lakers.

If The Spurs are fully healthy and the Lakers are without Bynum, then it becomes close.

NewJerSpur
03-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I agree. I did not say they are a perfect team, but as things stand today, with Tim and Manu's health still up in the air and the rotations still whacky, you give the edge to the Lakers.

If both teams are fully healthy, you give the edge to the Lakers.

If The Spurs are fully healthy and the Lakers are without Bynum, then it becomes close.

I don't know about giving the edge to the Lakers right at this moment, but I can see the validity in the other points you made.

DrHouse
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
The Lakers starting 5 today is much better than it was last season at this point. Defensively they've gotten better, no more Radmanovich getting burned on the perimeter, and the overall chemistry has improved now that they've had a year to gel together.

It's unlikely that if Bynum comes back, which I don't think he will, that he will move to the starting lineup. That's fine with me. Let him play with the 2nd unit and hopefully it will help the Lakers stop blowing 10-15 pt leads left and right.

If that happens, no team in the league will be able to keep up with the Lakers for a full 48 minutes. They will be able to just keep coming at teams in waves and waves. What Pop said earlier in the season is exactly right, there is almost no margin for error when playing against the Lakers at full strength. You have to play perfectly to beat them, and only one team in this league is even capable of that kind of mental focus. Unfortunately they do not appear to have the talent to match that this season.

NewJerSpur
03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
The Lakers starting 5 today is much better than it was last season at this point. Defensively they've gotten better, no more Radmanovich getting burned on the perimeter, and the overall chemistry has improved now that they've had a year to gel together.

It's unlikely that if Bynum comes back, which I don't think he will, that he will move to the starting lineup. That's fine with me. Let him play with the 2nd unit and hopefully it will help the Lakers stop blowing 10-15 pt leads left and right.

If that happens, no team in the league will be able to keep up with the Lakers for a full 48 minutes. They will be able to just keep coming at teams in waves and waves. What Pop said earlier in the season is exactly right, there is almost no margin for error when playing against the Lakers at full strength. You have to play perfectly to beat them, and only one team in this league is even capable of that kind of mental focus. Unfortunately they do not appear to have the talent to match that this season.

So, you don't think the team will miss Vlad's spot up shooting, especially from beyond the arc in a second unit that appears to be suspect on offense at times?

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 11:35 PM
So, you don't think the team will miss Vlad's spot up shooting, especially from beyond the arc in a second unit that appears to be suspect on offense at times?

What do you think the Lakers would average against the Spurs in a series points wise?

NewJerSpur
03-28-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm not a projection man myself, but if I was it would still be tough to say. Depends on who's playing and what adjustments are made from game to game. I guess at the very least you would think it would be somewhere in the mid 90s.

DPG21920
03-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm not a projection man myself, but if I was it would still be tough to say. Depends on who's playing and what adjustments are made from game to game. I guess at the very least you would think it would be somewhere in the mid 90s.

If the Spurs can hold the Lakers to the mid 90's they would have a great shot. Do not know if that is possible however.

NewJerSpur
03-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Agreed. Have to see if Bynum plays and what types of defenses they throw at Kobe. I'll still be waiting to see if the other shoe drops with Odom and he returns to the undisciplined player that we've grown accustomed to seeing during so many postseason appearances.

phyzik
03-29-2009, 12:00 AM
I'd prefer for Bynum to be back, and starting, for the Spurs matchup if it comes to be in the playoffs. I think, with a healthy Ginobili, and Lamar Odom NOT starting, we have a better chance. Odom always seems to go off on the Spurs.

That being said, Bynum does change the dynamics of the Lakers quite a bit, but not nearly as much as having Manu back with the Spurs. Anyone who thinks otherwise, despide their (Manu and Bynum) respective positions in the game, is kidding themselves.

DrHouse
03-29-2009, 12:21 AM
The Lakers and Spurs have already played each other once at full strength this season and it resulted in the Laker's largest victory of the season against the Spurs.

I'm not sure why people seem to think the Lakers are better without Bynum and that the Spurs stand a better chance against them WITH him playing.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-29-2009, 12:38 AM
The Lakers and Spurs have already played each other once at full strength this season and it resulted in the Laker's largest victory of the season against the Spurs.

I'm not sure why people seem to think the Lakers are better without Bynum and that the Spurs stand a better chance against them WITH him playing.

Actually, we played y'all twice at full strength (Mason's game winner in early January produced a win for SA) and have split 1-1. To be quite honest, though, an objective fan would consider the lone blowout win to be an anomaly. San Antonio had to hold off a double-digit comeback by the lakers in their first win, while, l.a. held on for dear life as the Manu-less Spurs came within 2 points of erasing an 18-point deficit.

DrHouse
03-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Actually, we played y'all twice at full strength (Mason's game winner in early January produced a win for SA) and have split 1-1. To be quite honest, though, an objective fan would consider the lone blowout win to be an anomaly. San Antonio had to hold off a double-digit comeback by the lakers in their first win, while, l.a. held on for dear life as the Manu-less Spurs came within 2 points of erasing an 18-point deficit.

No that's not true. In the only game the Spur's won the Lakers were missing 3 key rotation players and were playing on a b2b.

When all variables were equal (all players healthy and both teams having rest) the Lakers won handily.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-29-2009, 01:10 PM
No that's not true. In the only game the Spur's won the Lakers were missing 3 key rotation players and were playing on a b2b.

When all variables were equal (all players healthy and both teams having rest) the Lakers won handily.

Wrong perspective, I was referring to the Spurs being completely healthy, not l.a. Sorry about that. Of course I'm biased, but I believe the last Spurs-lakers game was more indicative of how things'll go should we meet in the postseason. Considering the Spurs usually don't kick it up a notch until late in the season, and considering that Parker has admittedly raised the level of his game during Manu's extended absences, the fact that they were within 2 points of erasing an 18 point lead is rather telling. Am I saying Ginobili's return is a panacea that'll guarantee a Spurs' title. No. But I am saying that a healthy Big 3 in the playoffs is a legitimate concern for the lakers.

jdev82
03-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Nope.

how old are you?
you had some good things to say, then when people on this website insult you(as we are wont to do) you go and sink to their level.
we dont like laker fans. you said something smart but now your chiding people like youre so much smarter. c'mon. ignore the people and just get your message across and be done with it