PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Mac

redskinfan
03-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I know it's maybe a couple weeks old but after hearing what Mr. BJ Red McCombs said on channel 4 with don Harris that former mayor Garza dropped the ball when we had a chance to land an NFL team is quite funny and the thinking that the team we had a chance to get was the chargers, I know this man is old but to think seriously that the chargers were leaving San Diego is pretty foolish, I wish Don would have told mr RED that the best chance that we had to get a team was when the Vikings were having stadium issues and were owned by Mr. RED, I am in no way defending Garza, but besides the Saints having city issues, the Vikes would have been our best chance of the NFL and RED blew it big time!!!

johnsmith
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I know it's maybe a couple weeks old but after hearing what Mr. BJ Red McCombs said on channel 4 with don Harris that former mayor Garza dropped the ball when we had a chance to land an NFL team is quite funny and the thinking that the team we had a chance to get was the chargers, I know this man is old but to think seriously that the chargers were leaving San Diego is pretty foolish, I wish Don would have told mr RED that the best chance that we had to get a team was when the Vikings were having stadium issues and were owned by Mr. RED, I am in no way defending Garza, but besides the Saints having city issues, the Vikes would have been our best chance of the NFL and RED blew it big time!!!

On the flipside though, McCombs is smart as hell (that's how he got rich), and he recognized that an NFL franchise in SA is a pretty big gamble, so why not blame someone else when he knew he could have moved the Vikes here?

I still don't think that SA could properly support an NFL team, I could be wrong though, thousands upon thousands of Hispanics gathered as one force can be pretty dominant, remember the Alamo..........wait, nevermind.

peewee's lovechild
03-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I still don't think that SA could properly support an NFL team, I could be wrong though, thousands upon thousands of Hispanics gathered as one force can be pretty dominant, remember the Alamo..........wait, nevermind.

The Mexicans won, so you were on point.

samikeyp
03-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Better see Red!