Clandestino
03-15-2005, 01:07 PM
there was no reason not to

davi78239
03-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Damn straight!!

Shelly
03-15-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't see why they need another one within a five to 10 mile radius of 3 other Super Wal-Marts.

Opinionater
03-15-2005, 03:07 PM
IMHO, it is not necessary. The color of money wins again.

Duff McCartney
03-15-2005, 11:47 PM
I say....you can't stop progress...and this my friends is progress.

Guru of Nothing
03-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Wal-Mart is a tattoo on Americana.

timvp
03-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Good news.

I got tired of seeing those "Say No to Walmart in Helotes" t-shirts.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 12:59 AM
It's not over yet. That land still has endandgered species which have already been relocated once due to the La Cantera development, so they definetly have grounds to sue on.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Oh and btw, I'd expect to see certain Helotes politicians on the way out.

Duff McCartney
03-16-2005, 01:35 AM
I didn't know Texas had any endangered species...so that's where those Dodo birds went.

Duff McCartney
03-16-2005, 01:38 AM
It's not over yet. That land still has endandgered species which have already been relocated once due to the La Cantera development, so they definetly have grounds to sue on.

It's over...you know sometimes...Goliath beats the shit out of David...they just never tell those stories. This my friend is one of those times...besides...they bitch all they want, but in the end...you'll see 95 percent of those people at that Wal-Mart at 3 am buying something.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 02:50 AM
It's not over yet. Lawsuit.

JoeChalupa
03-16-2005, 08:36 AM
I say....you can't stop progress...and this my friends is progress.

Progress sucks.
Sincerely,
Native Americans

Shelly
03-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Hell, if Compton can beat Wal-Mat, so can Helotes.

My parents live in San Juan Capistrano, CA and she said Wal-Mart wanted to build there and the city shot it down.

I'm not that fond of WM, but I went grocery shopping there yesterday and damn if their prices don't beat HEB. After Albertson's left, HEB raised their prices. Then when Wal-Mart first opened up by me, the lowered them. But now they're up again. When I shop, I do the power shopping because I go when when we are out of everything. I can honestly say my bill was probably about $30 cheaper than what it would have been at HEB.

JoeChalupa
03-16-2005, 10:17 AM
We still love our HEB. We shop at Wal-Mart for some things but still do 90% of our grocery shopping at HEB and don't buy any meat products at wal-mart. We price compare and WM isn't always the cheapest and we use alot of coupons too.

Believe me, I'm a cheapo and we comparison shop all the time but it depends on what you are shopping for.

Competition is good.

JoeChalupa
03-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh, and by the way, the wife works at HEB so we are a little biased. :)

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Hell, if Compton can beat Wal-Mat, so can Helotes.

My parents live in San Juan Capistrano, CA and she said Wal-Mart wanted to build there and the city shot it down.

I'm not that fond of WM, but I went grocery shopping there yesterday and damn if their prices don't beat HEB. After Albertson's left, HEB raised their prices. Then when Wal-Mart first opened up by me, the lowered them. But now they're up again. When I shop, I do the power shopping because I go when when we are out of everything. I can honestly say my bill was probably about $30 cheaper than what it would have been at HEB.

exactly... i had been shopping at heb since i moved here...the other night i was in wal mart and decided to buy some food... i went nuts because the prices were so much cheaper! not only that, but i got checked out incredibly fast.

regardless, if wal mart is built, everyone from helotes will go there once they see their prices.

JoeChalupa
03-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Damn, I need to go to the WM's you all are shopping for.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Damn, I need to go to the WM's you all are shopping for.

there is a nice new one on bandera

bigzak25
03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
i'm in the who gives a shit camp, regarding the helotes walmart.

JoeChalupa
03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
I agree, but that's just because I don't live in that area.

Shelly
03-16-2005, 12:08 PM
there is a nice new one on bandera

That's why I think the Wal Mart in Helotes is stupid. The one on Bandera is only a few miles away.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 12:15 PM
but people don't like to drive too far for groceries... many times i shop at the heb even though it is more expensive bc it is only 1 mile away vs 3 miles away...

Shelly
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
but people don't like to drive too far for groceries... many times i shop at the heb even though it is more expensive bc it is only 1 mile away vs 3 miles away...

True...but the people of Helotes have been anyway.

I'm wondering if their reason for building one in Helotes is to attact people possibly from Pipe's Creek and Bandera? If that's the case, why not build on out that way?

I used to always shop at Albertson's off 1604/Bandera. I just liked that store better and hated (and still do) the HEB that's off Guilbeau. But then when the built the 1604/Bandera one, I became it's friend.

I've heard rumors that Central Market may build by La Cantera. I hope so.

JoeChalupa
03-16-2005, 12:28 PM
That's why we shop at HEB. Convenience and good prices.

But can't argue on the location since there is an HEB on every corner as well.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 12:43 PM
I think Wal Mart is bad for the American economy and I've explained why dozens of times.

I don't shop there for many reasons. I've held the boycott very strongly for a good while now. I spend a bit more on stuff, but it's really not that big of a deal in the long run.

Also, for groceries I tend to find an HEB I like or go to Central Market for certain things. Central Market always has better stuff, but it's pretty out of the way so you can't always go there. But Jess and I both prefer the HEB at Dezavala much more than the one at Wurzbach. The one at Wurzbach always has shit, nd the Dezavala one has a much better seletion, or so it seems.

Also, I like Super Target, and they are pretty close to Jess' apt, so I end up gong there quite a bit.

Wal Mart does huge studies to figure out where to put it's stores. They arne't always right, which is why you have a ton of "black boxes" which are old abandoned Wal Marts. You're going to see one pretty soon at 151 when they move across the street to their new Supercenter.

This country is nuts sometimes. People want to live 60 miles from work half the time, but they don't want to go an extra mile or 2 for groceries. One day soon, I'm going to give up trying to figure American people out.

Shelly
03-16-2005, 12:55 PM
But can't argue on the location since there is an HEB on every corner as well.

This is true.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 01:08 PM
I think Wal Mart is bad for the American economy and I've explained why dozens of times.

I don't shop there for many reasons. I've held the boycott very strongly for a good while now. I spend a bit more on stuff, but it's really not that big of a deal in the long run.

Also, for groceries I tend to find an HEB I like or go to Central Market for certain things. Central Market always has better stuff, but it's pretty out of the way so you can't always go there. But Jess and I both prefer the HEB at Dezavala much more than the one at Wurzbach. The one at Wurzbach always has shit, nd the Dezavala one has a much better seletion, or so it seems.

Also, I like Super Target, and they are pretty close to Jess' apt, so I end up gong there quite a bit.

Wal Mart does huge studies to figure out where to put it's stores. They arne't always right, which is why you have a ton of "black boxes" which are old abandoned Wal Marts. You're going to see one pretty soon at 151 when they move across the street to their new Supercenter.

This country is nuts sometimes. People want to live 60 miles from work half the time, but they don't want to go an extra mile or 2 for groceries. One day soon, I'm going to give up trying to figure American people out.

wal mart is the ultimate american story. ragsam walton started off small...started giving peole what they wanted and now it is the largest company in the world. stores all over the world..china, mexico, germany, everyone... it is changing the way business is conducted around the world. i dont see how anyone can hate wal mart... if they all closed down, imagine all the people out of work????

davi78239
03-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Don't forget that Wal-Mart will be bringing their grocery store formats "neighborhood stores" in the San Antonio market very soon as well. Hopefully they can put one of these in the old Albertsons on Walzem road right by where I live. We do most of our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and the Supercenters on Austin Hwy and fm78 are still a little too far.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
I would explain it to you again, Clandestino, but you didn't grasp the economics before and I doubt you would this time around.

In addition, Wal Mart doesn't have a stellar, not even decent, track record along the lines of pollution (Largest settlement of water pollution in history), women's pay, and other issues.

Not to mention many of Sam Walton's principles (Sell only American Made products) have gone by the wayside. This is hardly the store he created in anything more than name only.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 01:22 PM
I would explain it to you again, Clandestino, but you didn't grasp the economics before and I doubt you would this time around.

In addition, Wal Mart doesn't have a stellar, not even decent, track record along the lines of pollution (Largest settlement of water pollution in history), women's pay, and other issues.

Not to mention many of Sam Walton's principles (Sell only American Made products) have gone by the wayside. This is hardly the store he created in anything more than name only.

manny, you're incredible.. you think you know everythin about economics, politics, etc, but you can't even afford a car...

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't know what me having a car or not having a car (which I think you are pretty ignorant about) has anything to do with this.

I don't think I know everything by a long shot. I do know I know more than you though. :)

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't know what me having a car or not having a car (which I think you are pretty ignorant about) has anything to do with this.

I don't think I know everything by a long shot. I do know I know more than you though. :)

well, mr. manuel salgado...please tell why if you are so smart you are still lviing in an apartment, peddling your ass around town, and in a low paying menial data entry job?

bigzak25
03-16-2005, 01:34 PM
man...and i thought mouse gave low blows....

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 01:35 PM
well, mr. manuel salgado...please tell why if you are so smart you are still lviing in an apartment, peddling your ass around town, and in a low paying menial data entry job?

Not that I need to explain myself to you. I have enough money in several IRA's to take care of my car situation rather handily, but I'd rather leave the money there for several reasons.

Second, as far as the low paying job goes, it's good experience with a non profit.

I'm in my current situation for a reason, and by choice. You may not understand why, but as to almost anything that comes spewing out of your pie hole, you're ignorant to a lot of the reasons why it's happening.

What I'm wondering is, if you're military experience is so great and you have your incredible job offers from overseas with six figure incomes, you're not still doing it?

raragona
03-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I see Manny and Clandestino are at it again.

bigzak25
03-16-2005, 01:38 PM
would you guys just fuck already......http://www.sahoops.net/smilies/lmao.gif :p

raragona
03-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Manny,

You have IRAs, which is very smart investmentwise.

But...

You rent an apartment, and shop in Central Market, among other non-economical strategies that you have posted. What's the point?

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Not that I need to explain myself to you. I have enough money in several IRA's to take care of my car situation rather handily, but I'd rather leave the money there for several reasons.

Second, as far as the low paying job goes, it's good experience with a non profit.

I'm in my current situation for a reason, and by choice. You may not understand why, but as to almost anything that comes spewing out of your pie hole, you're ignorant to a lot of the reasons why it's happening.

What I'm wondering is, if you're military experience is so great and you have your incredible job offers from overseas with six figure incomes, you're not still doing it?

well, you can't pull your iras out w/o penalty til you're 59 1/2 so that is probably another reason you choose not to pull the money out.

and to answer your question, i no longer liked living out of my suitcase...i no longer liked making the joke, "my home is where my cellphone is." and i made 6 figures w/o a college degree... i chose to get a degree bc i feel that is important. and i am doing it in 3 years instead of the 5 my program takes..

MannyIsGod
How is shopping at Central Market non economical?

Actually, I don't rent an Apt. I don't live in one either. Guess again.

Clandestino
would you guys just fuck already......http://www.sahoops.net/smilies/lmao.gif :p

:lol

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 01:42 PM
well, you can't pull your iras out w/o penalty til you're 59 1/2 so that is probably another reason you choose not to pull the money out.

Yes

and to answer your question, i no longer liked living out of my suitcase...i no longer liked making the joke, "my home is where my cellphone is." and i made 6 figures w/o a college degree... i chose to get a degree bc i feel that is important. and i am doing it in 3 years instead of the 5 my program takes..

So you had qualms about what you were doing in some way? Well so did I when I was making a shitload of money.

Money isn't much to me, and the things you described above don't really bother me. I don't look at things form the usual San Antonioan perspective. I don't need to have a car worth 2 grand with wheels worth 3 grand on it to make me feel worthwhile.

However, this is where I end talking about my personal life. Talk about it all you want however.

raragona
03-16-2005, 01:42 PM
How is shopping at Central Market non economical?

Actually, I don't rent an Apt. I don't live in one either. Guess again.

Or living in a cardboard box. Whatever.

Central Market is high quality, but also high cost. You have champagne taste on a beer budget. What's the point of the IRA then? Investing to get yourself out of debt? Cash it in and get a gun, it's your last viable option...

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Or living in a cardboard box. Whatever.

Central Market is high quality, but also high cost. You have champagne taste on a beer budget. What's the point of the IRA then? Investing to get yourself out of debt? Cash it in and get a gun, it's your last viable option...

:lol :elephant

raragona
03-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Manny and his gun. Sorry, Clan!

http://mason.gmu.edu/~dallen8/pageone

raragona
03-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Or....

http://kwazoink.com/images/articleimages/maxchimp/smoking.gif

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Yes

So you had qualms about what you were doing in some way? Well so did I when I was making a shitload of money.

Money isn't much to me, and the things you described above don't really bother me. I don't look at things form the usual San Antonioan perspective. I don't need to have a car worth 2 grand with wheels worth 3 grand on it to make me feel worthwhile.

However, this is where I end talking about my personal life. Talk about it all you want however.

but when i chose to stop, i had enough to allow me to live a comfortable life instead of sweating around town on a bike..

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/4691/monkeybike6ic.jpg

bigzak25
03-16-2005, 01:52 PM
:smokin :makemyday
that's an fkn awsesome pic....i like it.

http://mason.gmu.edu/~dallen8/monkeygun.jpg

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 01:53 PM
it is almost like my sig! haha

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Ok, you're more successfull at life than me Clan.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok, you're more successfull at life than me Clan.

i never tried to say anything like that... although i am sure i am.(haha).. i'm merely pointing out when you argue, you don't argue the point..you usually resort to belittling or degrading the person(as user666 has pointed out numerous times as well).. so that is when i go on the offensive...

davi78239
03-16-2005, 02:04 PM
so much for wal-mart talk

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 02:04 PM
but anyway, like joe said.. there are a million hebs in san antonio, why can't there be a million walmarts too..

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Oh you're so full of shit!

I put up with you're crap all the time!!! I put up with your stupid monkey photos, and don't say a damn thing(even though you're too chicken shit to post your picture). You want to talk shit and then cry when I say something that's not so nice.

Give me a fucking break man.

Yesterday, in the DP thread, I didn't say a DAMN thing to you. I expressed sympathy for Nichols and you wanted to start up. Well fine, but the thing is that I run circles around you in any damn debate, and you resort to your monkey pictures or insults about my personal life.

The remark above was sarcasm. You don't understand my motivations for doing things the way I do them, and I don't care what you think of me. If you think I'm just some dirty mexican because I choose to ride Via and a bike, then think that of me.

But don't sit there and try to prop a halo on top of your horns.

raragona
03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Clan certainly is not more successful in Photoshopping...

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh you're so full of shit!

I put up with you're crap all the time!!! I put up with your stupid monkey photos, and don't say a damn thing(even though you're too chicken shit to post your picture). You want to talk shit and then cry when I say something that's not so nice.

Give me a fucking break man.

Yesterday, in the DP thread, I didn't say a DAMN thing to you. I expressed sympathy for Nichols and you wanted to start up. Well fine, but the thing is that I run circles around you in any damn debate, and you resort to your monkey pictures or insults about my personal life.

The remark above was sarcasm. You don't understand my motivations for doing things the way I do them, and I don't care what you think of me. If you think I'm just some dirty mexican because I choose to ride Via and a bike, then think that of me.

But don't sit there and try to prop a halo on top of your horns.

is it my fault you set yourself for the photos? is it my fault that you attack people personally all the time.. from what i understand you can't even play basketball w/o fighting... it seems like you have a problem...

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Clan certainly is not more successful in Photoshopping...

haha.. :lol

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Dude, do whatever you want with the photos. I don't care.

But don't act angelic, because that's a load of shit.

desflood
03-16-2005, 02:21 PM
I have a theory that Manny and Clan call each other every once in a while and ask each other, "How do we make the other posters gasp this week?"

raragona
03-16-2005, 02:25 PM
I have a theory that Manny and Clan call each other every once in a while and ask each other, "How do we make the other posters gasp this week?"

...I think the CIA and Johnson killed Kennedy...

:smokin

Duff McCartney
03-16-2005, 02:54 PM
i'm merely pointing out when you argue, you don't argue the point..you usually resort to belittling or degrading the person(as user666 has pointed out numerous times as well)....

God damn if that ain't the truth.

Duff McCartney
03-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I still don't understand why anyone would boycott Wal-mart. People are stupid.

NameDropper
03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
I still don't understand why anyone would boycott Wal-mart. People are stupid.

Not understanding something is no reason to call it stupid.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
I for one don't like that Wal-Mart acknowledges the low pay of their employees by posting information in their stores about how to recieve public assistance.

NameDropper
03-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Isn't that information intended for the shoppers?

xrayzebra
03-16-2005, 03:50 PM
I for one don't like that Wal-Mart acknowledges the low pay of their employees by posting information in their stores about how to recieve public assistance.

You don't like the pay, don't work there. Very simple isn't it.
Wal-Mart isn't the only folks who don't pay good wages. Just look around
good Olde San Antonio. Helotes is trying to be California, what a bunch of
crap, not in my backyard. Wonder what would have happened had it been
Toyota wanting to build there.......
:drunk :drunk :drunk :hat

samikeyp
03-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Maybe Manny wants to ride a bike. I probably should, God knows I could use the exercise! :lol

Still, just because someone doesn't live their life the way you do or you think they should doesn't make them wrong. Sounds like Manny is pretty happy with how he lives his life and if that is what he is choosing to do you, we have to respect that.

Duff McCartney
03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
we have to respect that.

No we don't.

samikeyp
03-16-2005, 04:30 PM
yes you do. just because someone chooses to do something in a different way doesn't mean you have the right to tell them they are wrong. You can believe what you want but you do not have the right to impose those beliefs on others.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 04:38 PM
that wasn't the reason for bashing his biking habits... it was because he tries to act like some genius in all aspects... he told me he knew he more than me, etc.. i said, "if you are so smart then why are you biking around town, living in an apt, and doing a menial data entry job"...

that is how it started...

samikeyp
03-16-2005, 04:44 PM
why bash them at all? is it neccessary to make your point about wal-mart? It wasn't necessary for Manny to call out your military experience either. I went through the 3 pages and didn't see where Manny said "I am smarter than you" but that would be wrong as well. Why make it personal?

GoldToe
03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
The only thing I won't buy at Wal-Mart is socks.

samikeyp
03-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Good point. :smokin

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:05 PM
I said it Mike :) And I am.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:07 PM
why bash them at all? is it neccessary to make your point about wal-mart? It wasn't necessary for Manny to call out your military experience either. I went through the 3 pages and didn't see where Manny said "I am smarter than you" but that would be wrong as well. Why make it personal?

post #33..

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I said it Mike :) And I am.

and yes, he does ride a bike because he can't afford a car...data entry jobs are usually the highest paying...

GoldToe
03-16-2005, 05:12 PM
and yes, he does ride a bike because he can't afford a car...data entry jobs are usually the highest paying...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been reading some of your posts and it "appears" that you put some emphasis on what a person is earning as to what kind of person they are.

We all know that you make major bucks but I think your stool probably stinks as much as mine does.

If I'm out of line....I'll put a sock in it.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:13 PM

Sure but that won't be the case for long, yet I'll always be smarter than you. :)

Duff McCartney
03-16-2005, 05:13 PM
You can believe what you want but you do not have the right to impose those beliefs on others.

Yes I do.

samikeyp
03-16-2005, 05:16 PM
I stand corrected Clan...but my question remains...why get personal?

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been reading some of your posts and it "appears" that you put some emphasis on what a person is earning as to what kind of person they are.

We all know that you make major bucks but I think your stool probably stinks as much as mine does.

If I'm out of line....I'll put a sock in it.

i'll say you are wrong because i only do it with manny... manny can't debate with me(or anyone else usually) w/o saying they are stupid, not as educated as he is, etc... it gets old... he thinks he is an expert on every single subject from business to politics to the environment, etc... then he tells me outright, "i know i am smarter than you." therefore, i say hey buddy, if you are so smart than why haven't you made something of yourself.. get my point?

and actually i don't make major bucks now...i did before...

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Sure but that won't be the case for long, yet I'll always be smarter than you. :)

just for being lippy buddy, the next time you valet my car i'm not tipping you like manu. :lol

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:20 PM
I stand corrected Clan...but my question remains...why get personal?

ask your buddy manny... i never come into a topic saying, "i am smarter than you, dude he wrecked you, etc"

ask anyone else...manny has absolutely zero social skills.. he can't talk w/o fighting with someone. it is sad when someone can't play a game of pickup bball and get into a heated argument... sounds like our little boy needs to grow up.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Clan, I don't call you stupid, and I never say I'm an expert on ANYTHING.

What I say, is that you don't grasp the concepts I'm putting before you. I say that you are ignorant of the subject you're talking on.

Yeah, after the 349380438 time I've posted something, then you turn around and turn it into what you percieve vs what I actualy posted, I get annoyed.

You pick a subject that we disagree on in here, and I gurantee that we can have a debate in any format you want it, and I'll come out ahead.

Put your money where mouth is, call the subject, and lets go at it.

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
:lmao

Come to a gtg and tell me I have no social skills. See me speak in front of a crowd of people and tell me I have no social skills.

As far as basketball goes, I don't fight nearly as much as many of the people that have played with me in here. But you wouldn't know that because you never show up to anything, do you?

It's easy to talk shit and hide behind a computer screen, but it's another to show up after you've talked it.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Clan, I don't call you stupid, and I never say I'm an expert on ANYTHING.

What I say, is that you don't grasp the concepts I'm putting before you. I say that you are ignorant of the subject you're talking on.

Yeah, after the 349380438 time I've posted something, then you turn around and turn it into what you percieve vs what I actualy posted, I get annoyed.

You pick a subject that we disagree on in here, and I gurantee that we can have a debate in any format you want it, and I'll come out ahead.

Put your money where mouth is, call the subject, and lets go at it.

you say i don't grasp the concepts, but that is not the case... the case is i don't agree with your concepts...

samikeyp
03-16-2005, 05:24 PM
actually I have seen Manny in social situations and have no problem with that. I know why Manny posts the way he does...my question was to you. If you don't want to answer that, just let me know and I will drop it. Is it fair though that you say all he does is insult people when that is all you have done to him in this thread as well. Personally I believe debate can be carried out without getting personal. I have seen Manny do this....not a lot but I have :)

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Clan, when I post something, and you post a reply that is counteracting something I never even said, you're not grasping what I'm saying.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
actually I have seen Manny in social situations and have no problem with that. I know why Manny posts the way he does...my question was to you. If you don't want to answer that, just let me know and I will drop it. Is it fair though that you say all he does is insult people when that is all you have done to him in this thread as well. Personally I believe debate can be carried out without getting personal. I have seen Manny do this....not a lot but I have :)

i only do it to manny... manny does it with just about everyone... ask user666, there was a thread on the subject the other day... manny's lack of communication skills...

GoldToe
03-16-2005, 05:30 PM
i only do it to manny... manny does it with just about everyone... ask user666, there was a thread on the subject the other day... manny's lack of communication skills...

Lack of communication skills didn't hurt Bush any.

And thanks for clearing things up.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:34 PM

Come to a gtg and tell me I have no social skills. See me speak in front of a crowd of people and tell me I have no social skills.

As far as basketball goes, I don't fight nearly as much as many of the people that have played with me in here. But you wouldn't know that because you never show up to anything, do you?

It's easy to talk shit and hide behind a computer screen, but it's another to show up after you've talked it.
maybe i will.. this cutie looks bored...she may need company...

http://img210.exs.cx/img210/3948/untitled3ra.jpg

GoldToe
03-16-2005, 05:36 PM
:oops Ouch!!

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:41 PM
maybe i will.. this cutie looks bored...she may need company...

http://img210.exs.cx/img210/3948/untitled3ra.jpg

You're more than welcome to try your hardest.

bigzak25
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM
uncalled for clan. you shouldn't drag the man's lady into this petty shit.....

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM
uncalled for clan. you shouldn't drag the man's lady into this petty shit.....

it is a joke and i'm sure that manny can take it...

Shelly
03-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Oy, vey!

bigzak25
03-16-2005, 05:44 PM
true...but it's uncouth bro...u know this....

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:45 PM

Let's just say after Jess reading a couple of threads last night, I think Clandestino is the last person she'd run off with. I think Duff is more of a danger to me.

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 05:48 PM

Let's just say after Jess reading a couple of threads last night, I think Clandestino is the last person she'd run off with. I think Duff is more of a danger to me.

but how would she know it was me??? :spin

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 05:54 PM
And just so we all know just how hard on Clandestion I am. Because I'm an asshole and all:

I never thought he should be put to death. I didn't feel bad for him before, I do now.

exactly.. manny, i think you are feeling bad for the wrong side... you are expressing sympathy for the lady he raped, the 51 year old grandmother he killed, the judge, etc..

wtf is wrong you???

I'm such a dick.

more:

I spent the day on my bike and Via going all over town and getting a good workout in the process.

in san antonio when you show up you look like a dirty sweaty mexican though...

And becasue he only attacks me...

I am curious... did government agents kill your family or something? you seem to have an unhealthy hatred for the country in which you supposedly live... either that or you are really some al-qaeda op trying to recruit people and are probably becoming very annoyed that nobody buys your bullshit...

but seriously...what is the deal?

You know, I never claim to be an angel. I'm not one in person, and I'm not one in here. But I really cracks me up the way some people who love to be bitches themselves, love to turn around and go "Wah Wah, Manny can't play right, Wah Wah".

Suck it up already.

NameDropper
03-16-2005, 05:55 PM
but how would she know it was me??? :spin

By the size of your wallet?

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 06:00 PM
You know, I never claim to be an angel. I'm not one in person, and I'm not one in here. But I really cracks me up the way some people who love to be bitches themselves, love to turn around and go "Wah Wah, Manny can't play right, Wah Wah".

Suck it up already.

i never cry about what you say... i think it is funny... i enjoy our little tiffs.. they entertain me when i have nothing to do...

and the unpatriotic comment was towards nbadan, not you...

also, it took you over 100 posts to finally express remorse for the victims in that case... you kept preaching compassion for the killer... that is why i said, wtf... and many others asked you what you were smoking as well..

MannyIsGod
03-16-2005, 06:05 PM
I expressed remorse in my opening post in that thread, but more importantly I expressed remorese when I first heard about it on Friday.

However, regardless of all that. You're going to bitch, that I'm an asshole, then sit there and decided to toss around insults because you think it's an ok situation?

Uh, OK.

And I know that comment was directed at Dan, that was my point. Did you not get the ring of sarcasm for each one of those headings?

Clandestino
03-16-2005, 06:08 PM
And I know that comment was directed at Dan, that was my point. Did you not get the ring of sarcasm for each one of those headings?

it was clarification of the other readers...

raragona
03-16-2005, 06:15 PM
I think it someone proclaimed today "Pick on Clandestino Day" on this thread.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Yes I do.

If only it was a right to pay people back the money owed them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-16-2005, 10:19 PM
I think it someone proclaimed today "Pick on Clandestino Day" on this thread.

Apparently, you seem to have proclaimed it "Jock Manny In Threads Year" since that seems to be what most, if not all, of your posts are about.

MannyIsGod
03-17-2005, 02:01 AM
My balls are big enough, there's plenty of room. :)

JoeChalupa
03-17-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm going to do some comparison shopping.

samikeyp
03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
on Manny's balls?

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-17-2005, 11:53 AM
on Manny's balls?

Beat me to it... :lol

samikeyp
03-17-2005, 03:56 PM
How did the comparison go, Joe? :lol

MannyIsGod
03-17-2005, 03:58 PM
One is lower than the other...but I'm not prooving that to Joe!

Shelly
03-17-2005, 03:59 PM
TMI TMI :lol

desflood
03-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Ewww

Clandestino
03-17-2005, 04:09 PM
One is lower than the other...but I'm not prooving that to Joe!

nuts haven't fully dropped.. haha

JoeChalupa
03-17-2005, 04:11 PM
samikeyp on Manny's balls?

Beat me to it... :lol

I hate it when this happens.

rattler65
03-18-2005, 02:00 AM
I just realized how inexpensive WM is after a visit to the local TAGET store. Target is ridiculous. HEB is still king of groc., fruits, veggies, and well maybe not their chinese food. but anyway I still find myself more at WM(24hrs), HEB closes too early.I think O'conner high school is still the biggest building in helotes.

Clandestino
03-18-2005, 11:23 AM
I just realized how inexpensive WM is after a visit to the local TAGET store. Target is ridiculous. HEB is still king of groc., fruits, veggies, and well maybe not their chinese food. but anyway I still find myself more at WM(24hrs), HEB closes too early.I think O'conner high school is still the biggest building in helotes.

yeah, target is too expensive when you have heb and walmart... wm is still the cheapest... that is why you don't see walmart doing their comparison shopping carts with walmart..they do them with eckerds(now cvs).. how ridiculous...

davi78239
03-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Target does have some good stuff though. As far as bakeries go, I still say Albertsons had the best.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Albertson's prices were higher than a mofo.
Target is high too but they do have some good bargains, as do other stores, you just need to hit the clearance racks and check to ad.
For groceries, its still HEB for us.

rattler65
03-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I think in this town , most will agree that when it comes to bakeries this town is usually driving to the westside for their pastries. You know pan dulce, leche Quemada, that thing. Anyway something like that. Usually places like the panderia, or bedoys . :blah

Ithink places like culebra meat market are cutting into the HEB and wm stronghold. Maybe? Anyway those places are popping up everywhere. Have you noticed. :fro

davi78239
03-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Yup, that's true. We do get a lot of our meats at Culebra since there's one right around our house. As for the bakeries though, I don't care for mexican pastries. I stick to the usual stuff like cookies, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls..... H-E-B's are okay, but like I said earlier, Albertsons to me had the tastiest bakery overall. I think there's still one located on the outskirts of New Braunfels somewhere, cause my girlfriend's brother lives in scherts and still gets Sunday adds from them.

rattler65
03-18-2005, 08:05 PM
Yea, you could be right about that ,I think it was the cinnamon rolls and hot french bread at certain times of the day(at albertsons). :drunk