PDA

View Full Version : which game should I trade in / which game should I buy?

Greg Oden
03-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Let's be real for a second, sons. Resident Evil 5 was kind of a flop. It's a solid game, but towards the end (I'd say when you start going to those islands in the boat) it gets kinda lame and starts to feel like a chore and I only continued to play it to beat it and see the ending. Major blue balls. This game is no RE 4. And in the other corner, Street Fighter 4. I haven't played it in a few weeks, but I might start playing it again after a while. So which one should I trade in?

Also, I'm tired of games that get old after 2 weeks and don't feel like touching anymore. I didn't jump on the Fall Out 3 bandwagon until a few weeks ago when I watched the review, so that looks pretty good right now. But if anyone else has some idead, let them be heard :toast

I have some free time to play these games cause I'm still trying to recover from injury and be ready for the playoffs.

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Alright Greg, Fallout is a solid game, but the major flop is once toy beat the main quest, the game ends, and you have to start a new person. If you don't have Oblivion, you can't beat that for 25 bucks.

Cry Havoc
03-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Alright Greg, Fallout is a solid game, but the major flop is once toy beat the main quest, the game ends, and you have to start a new person. If you don't have Oblivion, you can't beat that for 25 bucks.

I felt Oblivion was pretty boring, but if the "walking across hundreds of miles of countryside" RPG type game is something that appeals to you, it's undeniably brilliant.

I'd trade them both in now, while you can get premium value for them. SF5 was not impressive to me at all, other than it looks stunning. Virtua Fighter 5 is a far better fighting game, IMO. Smoother, more flowing, and less constricted.

What games do you currently have?

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 12:21 PM
You never heard of the quick travel feature, huh?

So SF4 isn't a buy?

Greg Oden
03-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow, watching Dampier beast like this early on gives me hope and aspiration for the future.

I'd trade them both in now, while you can get premium value for them.

Not a bad idea, I probably wouldn't have to pay much.

I have a lot of bench warmers, but my main rotation is gears 2, cod 4, nba 2k9, and madden.

Greg Oden
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
So SF4 isn't a buy?

It's fun for a while, but after I unlocked Akuma and played a few matches with him, it got stale.

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 12:42 PM
So I shouldn't get it?

I am planning on getting like 4 games today. Maybe Madden, 2k9, skate 2, and FO3.

Greg Oden
03-29-2009, 12:45 PM
So I shouldn't get it?

I am planning on getting like 4 games today. Maybe Madden, 2k9, skate 2, and FO3.

no. if you get madden or 2k9 hit me up on xbl :hat

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Alrigh dogg, I will.

BlackSwordsMan
03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
FO3 is the shit. best game on the xbox

BlackSwordsMan
03-29-2009, 12:57 PM
also the new DLC allows you to continue when you finish the ending to keep playing and level up 30

balli
03-29-2009, 01:24 PM
I'd trade in RE5. Even if you're not digging SF right now, if you do someday, you can play online. RE5 will be just as boring next time you pick it up.

I personally liked Oblivion more than Fallout, but they're both GREAT games. Can't really go wrong with either. Since it's cheaper, I'd get Oblivion.

I probably had slightly more fun with the gameplay in Fallout, but Oblivion is just epic. I've put twice as many hours into it and I still have a ton to do, while with Fallout, I pretty much exhausted everything it had to offer. Both will keep you busy for 70+ hours though.

resistanze
03-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm playing RE5 co-op with a friend, it's good stuff. But I know once I finish, that'll be the end of it, like Army of Two.

Trade RE5.

baseline bum
03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I felt Oblivion was pretty boring, but if the "walking across hundreds of miles of countryside" RPG type game is something that appeals to you, it's undeniably brilliant.

I'd trade them both in now, while you can get premium value for them. SF5 was not impressive to me at all, other than it looks stunning. Virtua Fighter 5 is a far better fighting game, IMO. Smoother, more flowing, and less constricted.

You don't have to walk anywhere, unless it's to a place on your map that you haven't "discovered". Even then, you can almost always just transport to a city, town, mine, cave, etc. that's close to it. Oblivion has tons of action and the graphics are still spectacular 3 years later.

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 04:53 PM
I got madden, 2k9, skate 2, and fallout 3.

E20
03-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Damn I have to play Oblivion. My PC couldn't run it, but I thought Morrowwind was good, but didn't have time to play it, so I'm hoping I can get a computer that can run Obvlivion and play it over the summer like crazy.

Cry Havoc
03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
You don't have to walk anywhere, unless it's to a place on your map that you haven't "discovered". Even then, you can almost always just transport to a city, town, mine, cave, etc. that's close to it. Oblivion has tons of action and the graphics are still spectacular 3 years later.

I don't like the idea of teleporting like that. It takes me out of the game. Like I said, it's just my opinion, and I know a lot of people that thought Oblivion was amazing. I know some who thinks it's boring too, and I happen to fall in that category.

balli
03-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Fuck walking around and teleporting. I ride my horsie.

Nah, just playing, I teleport.

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Buying a horse is a huge waste of money on Oblivion.

mardigan
03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Buying a horse is a huge waste of money on Oblivion.

Fuck yea it is. The only reason I got one was to see what the horse armor looked like.

Greg Oden
03-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Well I traded in RE 5 and Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 (:lol) and got 36 dollars for both and got Fall Out 3.

Also, why does gamestop try to shove everything down your throat that they can't think of. ""Fall Out 3 is a great game, do you want to buy the strategy guide? No? Ok so you just want to tough it out? Well what about some pre orders there's a ton of great games coming out soon, reserve them now! Take a look at our used games, they don't cost as much as new games!"

Anyway I'm looking forward to playing it. I hope Brandon doesn't get mad at me for playing it rather than working out.

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Fuck yea it is. The only reason I got one was to see what the horse armor looked like.

:lmao you paid for it? Or modded it on PC?

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I no longer have to deal with GS:hat

balli
03-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I have more money than I can spend in Oblivion from paralyzing some merchant and jacking like 200,000 from him, so I bought a whole fleet of ponies, but the one I actually use I got for free when I finished the Dark Brotherhood quests.

mardigan
03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
:lmao you paid for it? Or modded it on PC?

Paid for it.
Like a dumbass.

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
We've all made stupid XBL purchases. No worries.

ManuTP9
03-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Get Left 4 Dead imo its better and more exciting then RES 5

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
L4D is fun for about 2 days.

ManuTP9
03-30-2009, 06:20 AM
L4D is fun for about 2 days.

lol i kind of get bored of the same 4 maps but that game is sick man. The PC version however is better they already have more maps than 360.