PDA

View Full Version : Cuban clearly does not care about the season ticket holders.

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:09 PM
We always hear how Mark Cuban cares a lot about the season ticket holders for the Mavs games and all that shit but if he did REALLY care he would put out a much better product on the court than the current shitty ass Maverick team out there right now.

Does this mongoloid seriously think that a team that has JJ Barea, Ryan Hollins, Gerald Green, Al Singleton as their primary bench players is going to win a championshiip? The only reason the Mavs sometimes are able to go ahead in the 1st half and then totally collapse in the 2nd half against good teams is because the good teams always play way better in the 2nd half of games and the bad teams choke.

sook
03-29-2009, 02:09 PM
You'll have the AS game next yeare

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:11 PM
You'll have the AS game next yeare

In the new cowboys stadium

sribb43
03-29-2009, 02:12 PM
We always hear how Mark Cuban cares a lot about the season ticket holders for the Mavs games and all that shit but if he did REALLY care he would put out a much better product on the court than the current shitty ass Maverick team out there right now.

Does this mongoloid seriously think that a team that has JJ Barea, Ryan Hollins, Gerald Green, Al Singleton as their primary bench players is going to win a championshiip? The only reason the Mavs sometimes are able to go ahead in the 1st half and then totally collapse in the 2nd half against good teams is because the good teams always play way better in the 2nd half of games and the bad teams choke.

See what he does with the expiring contracts of J-Ho Damp and Stack this offseason. if this team is still pretty much the same then you can bitch

Brickhouse
03-29-2009, 02:14 PM
See what he does with the expiring contracts of J-Ho Damp and Stack this offseason. if this team is still pretty much the same then you can bitch

If Dirk is still the number option, then that's a problem. If Terry and Kidd are still supposed to be the number 2/3 options, then that's a problem.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 02:16 PM
We added youth and athleticism to the bench, in fact I believe the bench is better this year.

We changed coaches, for a breath of fresh air, but Carlisle hasn't worked out and our defense is worse even though he was supposed to be a defensive minded coach.

Our guys banked on J-Ho turning it around. He's been hurt and HASN'T turned it around in the games he played.

But we also needed Dirk to play like an MVP and he hasn't.

Our bench is not that big a problem IMO, it's not the best bench in the league but it's far from the worst. It's our core that's the problem.

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
We added youth and athleticism to the bench, in fact I believe the bench is better this year.

We changed coaches, for a breath of fresh air, but Carlisle hasn't worked out and our defense is worse even though he was supposed to be a defensive minded coach.

Our guys banked on J-Ho turning it around. He's been hurt and HASN'T turned it around in the games he played.

But we also needed Dirk to play like an MVP and he hasn't.

Our bench is not that big a problem IMO, it's not the best bench in the league but it's far from the worst. It's our core that's the problem.

You have to be fucking stupid to say that the bench this year is better, there is a reason why the Mavs are in the 8th spot and battling to even make the playoffs and the bench is one of them, don't be fooled when you see the mavs bench outscoring the other team's bench because most of the time 95% of the scoring is done by Jason Terry.

How can you expect Dirk to play like an MVP when he is sorrounded by players like Al Singleton, Ryan Hollins, Matt Carroll, Gerald Green, Brandon Bass getting significant minutes and being relied on to be an integral part of the team? Those players would probably be battling for garbage minutes on most good teams.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 02:23 PM
I'll take those guys over Malik allen, Tyronn Lue, Juwan Howard, Eddie Jones.

Not beter than the bench in 2006, but better than last years bench.

sribb43
03-29-2009, 02:26 PM
last years bench and this years bench are worse than the 1992-93 Mavs who finished 11-73

ElNono
03-29-2009, 02:26 PM

You had Stack still playing well last year... And when he was playing well, he was probably >>>>>>>>>>> than your current complete bench (without Terry)

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:28 PM

Fuck, atleast Eddie Jones and Tyronn Lue could make open jumpshots and hit their free throws.

sribb43
03-29-2009, 02:29 PM
You had Stack still playing well last year... And when he was playing well, he was probably >>>>>>>>>>> than your current complete bench (without Terry)

Stack was shit last season...2007 was his last productive year

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm just saying ... defense and the core is more of a problem than the bench.

You swap our bench w/ Boston's and Boston is still elite while we're still mediocre. Just my opinion :).

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM

You swap our bench w/ Boston's and Boston is still elite while we're still mediocre. Just my opinion :).

I'd take Boston's bench over the Mavs bench 24/7 and every weekday ending with the word "day"

ElNono
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM

I don't agree. If you have a productive bench that can spell minutes from the starting lineup guys, it's huge help. Dirk doesn't need to shoot as much, and he can stay fresh.
I wouldn't say the bench is completely key, but in a long regular season run it is important.

sribb43
03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
this mavs team goes to shit whenever Dirk, JET or Kidd goes to the bench and only 2 of those guys are scoring options

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
When Antoine Wright is your starting SF and getting significant minutes in crunch time then you don't deserve to even be in the playoffs.

Brickhouse
03-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Terry is a starter masquerading as the bench. He is the whole fucking bench.

I'll make it easy for you all- both the bench and the core sucks.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Our bench isn't even that bad. Dirk/JET shot 11-36 today and Antoine Wright is not supposed to be a starting shooting guard. That's a bigger problem than the bench was today.

Singleton/Barea/Bass/Hollins aren't the worst bench players in the world. Jeez.

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Our bench isn't even that bad. Dirk/JET shot 11-36 today and Antoine Wright is not supposed to be a starting shooting guard. That's a bigger problem than the bench was today.

Singleton/Barea/Bass/Hollins aren't the worst bench players in the world. Jeez.

Not the worse but they are close

Roxsfan
03-29-2009, 02:45 PM
cuban needs to sell this joke-franchise and let some new blood take over.........

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Mavs bench +/- is 16th in league

Mavs starters +/- is 11th

14 benches perform worse than the Mavs.

It's an average bench, but the starters aren't much better. JMO.

Holmes_Fans
03-29-2009, 02:49 PM
In the new cowboys stadium
and season ticket holders get first dibs at tickets.

Also Cuban has slashed prices on over half of the seats for next season and the payment plan for season tickets was extended to a 7 month period.

just fyi

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Mavs bench +/- is 16th in league

Mavs starters +/- is 11th

14 benches perform worse than the Mavs.

It's an average bench, but the starters aren't much better. JMO.

LOL you're either fucking blind or you need new reasoning skills which one is it? Terry is the Mavs bench..

Pelicans78
03-29-2009, 03:03 PM
LOL you're either fucking blind or you need new reasoning skills which one is it? Terry is the Mavs bench..

I don't think the Mavs would be that much better with an improved bench. Ghazi is right when he says the core is the biggest problem.

Brickhouse
03-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes that's because you have bench players out there as starters.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 03:09 PM
This team has a lot of the same players from a few years ago. The difference is Dirk went from MVP level play to very good play, J-Ho went from All star play to solid but black hole play, Terry went from knock down 3-PT shooter to average 3-PT shooter, fuck we even had George hitting 35% from 3 in 06-07, and then you have Stackhouse going from serviceable bench player to completely done. Kidd this year is performing more or less at a higher level than Devin in 06-07 IMO.

Maybe our guys were just hitting their shots that year, shots that no longer fall. To go from the 5th best 3-PT shooting team to 28th in 2 years can cost a team quite a few games.

It's not as if we gave away a bunch of superstars really, I just think our guys aren't as good as they used to be and dont hit 3-Pointers and play defense like they used to.

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 03:16 PM
This team has a lot of the same players from a few years ago. The difference is Dirk went from MVP level play to very good play, J-Ho went from All star play to solid but black hole play, Terry went from knock down 3-PT shooter to average 3-PT shooter, fuck we even had George hitting 35% from 3 in 06-07, and then you have Stackhouse going from serviceable bench player to completely done. Kidd this year is performing more or less at a higher level than Devin in 06-07 IMO.

Maybe our guys were just hitting their shots that year, shots that no longer fall. To go from the 5th best 3-PT shooting team to 28th in 2 years can cost a team quite a few games.

It's not as if we gave away a bunch of superstars really, I just think our guys aren't as good as they used to be and dont hit 3-Pointers and play defense like they used to.

Having Antoine Wright, JJ Barea on your starting lineup is just asking to be an 8th seed or asking to be a lottery team. Which players from the Mavs bench can you say is an average 3 point shooter apart from Jason Terry? Matt Carroll?

I agree Dirk is not the player he used to be 2 years ago but if we had better players and better bench players I don't think we would be talking about why he's been "declining." Dirk has been playing alot of minutes as of late and its just taking its toll on him, he's 31 years old. Thats why we need an actual bench player that can relieve dirk for stretches at a time, something the mavs do not have right now.

monosylab1k
03-29-2009, 03:18 PM

How many fucking years straight are people gonna throw out the "see what they do this offseason, then bitch if they do nothing"? Every year it's the same thing. People get sucked into believing the Mavs will do something in the offseason, they do nothing, people say "wait till next offseason and then bitch", rinse, repeat.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 03:21 PM
How many fucking years straight are people gonna throw out the "see what they do this offseason, then bitch if they do nothing"? Every year it's the same thing. People get sucked into believing the Mavs will do something in the offseason, they do nothing, people say "wait till next offseason and then bitch", rinse, repeat.

You talk as if the Mavs have been mediocre for years. It's dumb.

Why would you make drastic changes to a 60 win team team that wins the Finals if not for a few shots and whistles? (off season 2006)

Why would you trade an MVP on a 67 win team? (off season 2007)

We made the Kidd trade last year.

monosylab1k
03-29-2009, 03:22 PM
You talk as if the Mavs have been mediocre for years. It's dumb.

Why would you make drastic changes to a 60 win team team that wins the Finals if not for a few shots and whistles? (off season 2006)

Why would you trade an MVP on a 67 win team? (off season 2007)

We made the Kidd trade last year.

Two straight first round exits. Nothing done in the offseason to improve the team.

The Kidd trade was mid-season.

You don't even know the history of your own team, so shut the fuck up.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 03:24 PM
What difference does it make if the trade is in off season or mid season? You act like the Mavs FO has been sitting around for years when we made a BIG time trade last year. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Again, you're a pretty good arm chair GM :lol.

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 03:29 PM
its a crazy economy cuban wants to save his money especially after wasting it on dampier. what did he get 60 million?

de Soto
03-29-2009, 03:31 PM

What happenend to the Dallas mavs retard academy spirit? I thought gay sex counted for something with you losers...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

nsrammstein
03-29-2009, 03:35 PM
What happenend to the Dallas mavs retard academy spirit? I thought gay sex counted for something with you losers...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yes you're so funny but I think I forgot to laugh, that's why your pink and I'm not you little fuckstick...try learning some humor from another place other than the My Little Ponie forums you faggot.

baseline bum
03-29-2009, 04:43 PM

You guys gave up all hopes for a title with the Harris trade. Love to say I told you so.

balli
03-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Does this mongoloid seriously think that a team that has JJ Barea, Ryan Hollins, Gerald Green, Al Singleton as their primary bench players is going to win a championshiip?
I doubt he does.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 04:48 PM
You guys gave up all hopes for a title with the Harris trade. Love to say I told you so.

Did you tell us Josh Howard would regress from a borderline All STar to an injury prone average player and that STackhouse would regress from a 10PPG bench scorer to completely done?

ElNono
03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Did you tell us Josh Howard would regress from a borderline All STar to an injury prone average player and that STackhouse would regress from a 10PPG bench scorer to completely done?

Nobody really needed to tell you that. JHo has been stinking up the joint since last season playoffs. And Stack made it clear early he wanted no part in this team when he requested to be traded. The real question is why didn't Donnie or Mark do something about that...
But hey, trading for Gerald Wallace would have been a lateral move...

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Nobody really needed to tell you that. JHo has been stinking up the joint since last season playoffs. And Stack made it clear early he wanted no part in this team when he requested to be traded. The real question is why didn't Donnie or Mark do something about that...
But hey, trading for Gerald Wallace would have been a lateral move...

You realize a trade requires another party to agree? This isn't some sort of fantasy shit where any player is available for anything.

What makes you think the Bobcats would give up Wallace for Howard or fucking Stack?

ElNono
03-29-2009, 05:25 PM
You realize a trade requires another party to agree? This isn't some sort of fantasy shit where any player is available for anything.

What makes you think the Bobcats would give up Wallace for Howard or fucking Stack?

Please, Wallace was on the block, otherwise we wouldn't even had mentioned it. The Bobcats eventually did the Sun trade and settled down, but don't come telling me now that you couldn't get GW before the deadline, when you not only entertained the idea of the trade, you dismissed it as not productive for the Mavs.

Indazone
03-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Nuthin new here. Mavs and Cuban putting the product out on the floor they are supposed to put out there.

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Please, Wallace was on the block, otherwise we wouldn't even had mentioned it. The Bobcats eventually did the Sun trade and settled down, but don't come telling me now that you couldn't get GW before the deadline, when you not only entertained the idea of the trade, you dismissed it as not productive for the Mavs.

And? If the Mavs could've gotten Wallace for Stack they wouldn't have hesitated.

Howard? Why would the Bobcats want Howard? J-Ho isn't the kind of player Larry Brown is looking for.

de Soto
03-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes you're so funny but I think I forgot to laugh, that's why your pink and I'm not you little fuckstick...try learning some humor from another place other than the My Little Ponie forums you faggot.

Why so angry and bitter??? :wow

sribb43
03-29-2009, 06:42 PM

This is there best chance to make moves with the shitty players they have...you wanted to move J-Ho last year or during the season? His value was so low they wouldnt get shit for him. You think teams wanted Damp and his bloated contract?hell no... What about Stack and his cartlidge free knees? fuck no.

With all these cheap ass owners out there looking to dump contracts, this would be the perfect time to acquire someone like G-Wallace or SJax or Kaman. If the Mavs brain trust once again sits on their hands with all the valuable pieces they have this offseason then there is no way a Mavs fan can take this organiztion seriously anymore

sribb43
03-29-2009, 06:43 PM

So I take it that you were in on the calls between Dallas and the Bobcats and heard the Mavs turned down a Stack for Wallace deal?

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 06:57 PM
I think our guys in blue WILL try to get deals done this off season

Its probably gonna be the 3rd 1st round exit in a row but not all 1st round exits are created equal.

2007 we had a 67 win team and Dirk playing at an MVP level, even J-Ho making an all star game and I felt he deserved it even if by technicality. It's not irrational to not make significant changes to such a group

2008 was only a 51 win team but had the point differential of a 56 win team. Our guys one error was banking on J-Ho to turn it around, but we did change the coach and added youth to the bench. It didn't work out, but it wasn't THAT irrational to not significantly gut the group. it's usually hard to do so without assets that were succumbed in the Kidd trade anyway (young talent, picks).

2009 though this is arguably the worst Mavs team in the last 9 years. The defense has regressed badly and Dirk doesn't shoot with as much consistency. Coaching change didn't work, adding youth to bench didn't work, J-Ho didn't turn it around. There is really no excuse left for significant changes. Furthermore the Mavs are lucky to be 43-30! 16-4 in games decided by 5 points or less? How easily could our guys be 40-33 or 39-34 right now? Very easily.

I don't think Cuban would cheat the fans like that. And we can't act like we've been cheated as fans just yet, our guys are mediocre this year but we've been blessed with a solid product for much of this decade, along with a 2006 NBA Championship.

pauls931
03-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Cuban like many owners is a businessman and thanks to the current shitty economy, probably has to sacrifice quality to remain profitable.

de Soto
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Its probably gonna be the 3rd 1st round exit in a row

Indeed. For sure. How do you feel about that, Ghazi? Does it make you happy? :toast

Lars
03-29-2009, 08:55 PM
This is a team on its way down and out. They had a good run, got close a couple times but fell short. Problem is Cuban doesn't really seem like the type of person patient enough to sit through a rebuilding phase, even though this is the ideal time to break it down.

They should send Dirk to a place where he can contend, they owe him that atleast. Drop Terry and Howard for some picks and young guns and get a head start on rebuilding. Its not like they are one player away from contention here.