PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are sleepwalking today in the ATL

Spurious
03-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I've watched most of today's ATL-LAL game, which is now at the end of the 3rd quarter with Atlanta up 72-58. The Hawks are absolutely working the Lakers to this point. LA can't hit much of anything, due in part to the Hawks' aggressive D. Overall, an impressive display by the hometowners from Atlanta and a going-through-the-motions game by the Lakers.

Not to say LA won't win, even being behind by 14 with 12 mins. left...but it's interesting how different the Hawks look today, as opposed to when the Spurs thumped them in Atlanta the other night.

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 04:34 PM
hawks actually havent been amazing. they have sucked except for one thing. they are going nuts from the 3 point line. lakers on the other hand. looks like this season has caught up with kobe, he looks tired.

ginobili's bald spot
03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Might as well start resting people for the playoffs if we lose today because we won't catch Cleveland.

Spurious
03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Lakers definitely look tired/bored/distracted/something. Atlanta is athletic enough to cause any road team problems, but LA is contributing to today's point spread. The low scoring output for LA is pretty rare.

76-64 Atlanta with 8 mins. left.

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
yup 3 point shooting is the only reason the hawks are up. just one of those days

Showtime24 LAKERS
03-29-2009, 04:42 PM
the lakers are having hangovers from last night...too many night clubs in the ATL

Spurious
03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
All I can say about Bibby's desperation 3 is...wow.

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
now we definetely know the lakers wont win. its just one of those games. they cant miss even if they want too

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Fluke shot by Biibby

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 04:51 PM
one of the weirdest games ive ever seen. one team cant buy a shot and the other gets lucky alot and its still close? whats going on

ginobili's bald spot
03-29-2009, 04:53 PM
And since I can't say it on a certain lakers site because people are so insecure I'll just say it here. Kobe hasn't been worth shit lately. With the exception of the Detroit game this dude looks like he's either injured, tired or just getting old. he better get his shit together in time for the playoffs.

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 04:53 PM
what a weird game. lakers getting stops but cant score. usually its the opposite

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
And since I can't say it on a certain lakers site because people are so insecure I'll just say it here. Kobe hasn't been worth shit lately. With the exception of the Detroit game this dude looks like he's either injured, tired or just getting old. he better get his shit together in time for the playoffs.

he steps it up in the playoffs with exception to the Finals.

DeadlyDynasty
03-29-2009, 04:58 PM
oh well, as long as LA stays ahead of Orlando and Boston everything will be giggity

Muser
03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
L.A Are in the middle of a 7 game road trip, and they are in Atlanta. Those 2 factors combined stacks the deck pretty high against them.

scanry
03-29-2009, 05:04 PM
oh well, as long as LA stays ahead of Orlando and Boston everything will be giggity

That should be their goal imo. They shouldn't waste their energy to try and catch the Cavs. They'll get exhausted come playoffs. That's what happened to the Spurs in 2006. :bang:bang

BTW people expecting the Cavs to lay an egg in playoffs might be in for a rude awakening. They are a young and a hungry ball club. They might just win it all. :wow

ginobili's bald spot
03-29-2009, 05:09 PM
That should be their goal imo. They shouldn't waste their energy to try and catch the Cavs. They'll get exhausted come playoffs. That's what happened to the Spurs in 2006. :bang:bang

BTW people expecting the Cavs to lay an egg in playoffs might be in for a rude awakening. They are a young and a hungry ball club. They might just win it all. :wow

I fully expect them to get by Boston.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-29-2009, 05:25 PM
They just got tired of all those big booty women in the ATL, I would be too.

Lakers just want the playoffs to start now. Now that thread about making the season shorter makes sense. They just looked like this game didn't matter, it doesn't really matter in the west, they all ready clinch the west. I don't think they really need to have hca against Clevelandif they collide in the finals. I think they could go in there and steal one. If the season was a 72 game season, I wouldn't see this types of games. Not to worry laker fans. They should finish strong after they face the bobcats. I think that game could be a disaster. That team has been playing good basketball, but common is the bobcats. The games I'm waiting for are the jail blazers and the white jazz.

j.dizzle
03-29-2009, 05:36 PM
They just got tired of all those big booty women in the ATL, I would be too.

Lakers just want the playoffs to start now. Now that thread about making the season shorter makes sense. They just looked like this game didn't matter, it doesn't really matter in the west, they all ready clinch the west. I don't think they really need to have hca against Clevelandif they collide in the finals. I think they could go in there and steal one. If the season was a 72 game season, I wouldn't see this types of games. Not to worry laker fans. They should finish strong after they face the bobcats. I think that game could be a disaster. That team has been playing good basketball, but common is the bobcats. The games I'm waiting for are the jail blazers and the white jazz.

They probably feel like they don't need homecourt if they play CLE in the finals but I think they do. After last years playoffs, homecourt is extremely important. If you go down 0-2 its almost impossible to come back & win unless your playing the Mavs. Im sick of this lack of focus BS. And Phil Jackson needs to lose that gay ass smurk on his face.

j.dizzle
03-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Gasol shot 7 out of 10 today & they stop going to him game after game in the clutch. I really dont understand that. He's been 10 times more consistent that any of his teaamates. He's the only player on the team that hasn't made me cringe lately.He deserves 20+ shots game in my opinion. Kobe needs to take backseat & let Gasol take over when they are down. :toast

urunobili
03-29-2009, 05:45 PM
I thought they were trying to secure home court throughout the Finals...

IronMexican
03-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Once they clinch HCA vs Boston, its time to rest.

sook
03-29-2009, 05:52 PM
they clinched the 1st seed..why would they care?

Ghazi
03-29-2009, 05:53 PM
How come everytime a team loses people assume its sleep walking. What if the other team simply hit more shots. This is the NBA after all.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-29-2009, 06:10 PM
How come everytime a team loses people assume its sleep walking. What if the other team simply hit more shots. This is the NBA after all.

Especially when they shot lights out from three. Lamar couldn't finish close to the basket, but bibby get a lucky bounce for a three. That's when you know its not your day. Powell was horrible, he got cold feet probably because he was back to where he play h.s. ball. I expect him to bounce back. But vujabrick and fartmar are worse. I really don't see fartmar playing for us next season. Lakers need to start looking for a pg to back up fish. At least with vujabrick you get more d, erratic at times, but he gives it his best.

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 06:46 PM

well kobe sucking has an explanation. LA times says his foot was still bothering him and he had the flu. now it explains his jumpers being short. nothing to see here, hawks hit their shots and even lucky ones. cant compete with that. it was their night and for the lakers it wasnt

de Soto
03-29-2009, 06:46 PM
It just shows that the Lakers sans Kobe @ 100% are not that great.

Spurious
03-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Having watched pretty much all 48 minutes of this one, I can say the "sleepwalking" looked to be the one consistent theme of the game. The Hawks didn't score easily at all and still won by a decent margin. The home team hit some 3s (especially in the third quarter) and LA didn't. You do have to give the Hawks credit for getting the win (especially after just getting whacked at home by the Spurs minus TD), but LA's performance wasn't a good one.

turiaf for president
03-29-2009, 08:38 PM

+1342343255123

on both accord. cavs are stacked. their bench is hands down the best in the league