PDA

View Full Version : Hawks 86, Lakers 76

SpursDynasty
03-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Looks like the Lakers' bid for the best overall record came to an end today. What now Lakers? The best they can do now is match Dallas' 67-15 record from two years ago. Not impressive. Nothing personal, Atlanta just did what they had to do. Ariza, Fisher, and Odom = 9-for-36 :lol

j.dizzle
03-29-2009, 07:06 PM
if they play that bad in the playoffs then you can start 50 threads for all i care. Both teams played like garbage today. The hawks just knocked down a few lucky three's, no big deal.

Brazil
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
No big deal maybe but an ugly loss for sure

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-29-2009, 07:48 PM
No big deal maybe but an ugly loss for sure

Not ugly at all. I would be pissed if there was still a team close to them in the west for the #1 spot. That was clinched on Friday. Now as far as catching up to the cavs, not impossible at all. But if I were phil I wouldn't make it my #1 priority right now, besides our goal is the :lobt2: i would pull off a greg pop and would turn off the switch on Kobe and Gasol. Play them some games for like 15 min. And yes that would mean I have to see Fartmar and vujabrick play the entire game and shot bricks. Maybe we should send them down to the border and make them build that damn wall that a lot of people down here want.

adidas11
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Not too worried about this one. It was at the end of a long road trip, and its our first loss on this trip.

i would pull off a greg pop and would turn off the switch on Kobe and Gasol.

I disagree. Maybe play them in slightly less minutes, but turning off the switch is dangerous at this time of the year. They need to push through and continue with their momentum, so as to establish a proper playoff rhythm.

turiaf for president
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
west is locked up. lakers wanted HCA throughout the playoffs but i think their main concern was the celtics. i think lakers are confident they can go into cleveland and a W if they have to in the finals.

that said, today was an ugly game, but this was the 5th game of a road trip against and good home team. 4-1 after 5 games in a roadie is something i would take everytime.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
well not shut them down completely until the playoffs, but reduced their mins. Phil needs to play them 5 min in each quarter to keep them in rythym. That should give them fresh legs come playoff time.

turiaf for president
03-29-2009, 08:32 PM
yes get kobe and pau 25-30 a game, give fisher a couple nights off, and play brown and morrison to see which one of those two, if any, are worth keeping

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 08:51 PM
damn im so dissapointed! i guess 7-0 was too much to ask for

turiaf for president
03-29-2009, 09:04 PM
considering that's never been done in NBA history, its all gravy =D

dirk4mvp
03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
lmao lakers

jmanu20
03-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Not too worried about this one. It was at the end of a long road trip, and its our first loss on this trip.

I disagree. Maybe play them in slightly less minutes, but turning off the switch is dangerous at this time of the year. They need to push through and continue with their momentum, so as to establish a proper playoff rhythm.

Why not rest Kobe and Gasol? It'd be a lot smarter to do all you can to prevent injuries at this point since the Lakers have the #1 seed locked up. If the Spurs can rest their stars when they realistically could fall down to the #8 seed, you all certainly can.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Why not rest Kobe and Gasol? It'd be a lot smarter to do all you can to prevent injuries at this point since the Lakers have the #1 seed locked up. If the Spurs can rest their stars when they realistically could fall down to the #8 seed, you all certainly can.

I would like to agree with you. Kobe is in a little shooting slump. Fade aways he used to hit aren't falling. You're right about risking an injury. We almost saw that on Friday when it seem he tweak his ankle. That had something to do yesterday. And apperantly he had the flu. It makes wonder is there something else that we don't know. I just don't think shuting them down completely is the way to go. Reduced their minutes dramatically is. PAU has been playing 40+ so I would give Kobe and Gasol 20-25 min, and if we could give them less the better. It might cost them games but I'll takes those losses if it means they'll be ready for the playoffs @100%•

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
lmao lakers

Lmao Mavs

2Cleva
03-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Easy street for LA. Now with the Phoenix and Dallas loss, its likely Dallas in Round 1.

LA can ease back on minutes, get Drew back in the groove in a couple weeks, and still have an easy time in Round 1 winning in a likely sweep, 5 if Dallas gets lucky.

LA will be nice and rested for round 2.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/UltraNaples1/FUNNY.gif